Notices

Whiners Anonymous - Part 61 - The Whiniest Part Yet

Old 07-26-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Bug whines are excellent! and i was also thinking that under-o is MIA...I fear for him in reading the substance abuse thread he started

welcome Huskypup...now your name???? are you a Husky pup? (youngster) or do you own a beautiful Husky Pup?...either way, WELCOME!

tonight's WW topic was "Fun without Food"...just what to do when you get together with friends...(my mind was screaming" DRINK MARGARITAS"!!!!)....but I substituted Zumba dancing so I wouldn't look like an alcoholic.

i am officially down 8.4 lbs. and working on the first 10 and then some more.....i drank an entire liter of water during the gabfest, then went grocery shopping at the gourmet Shop-rite with the awesome good produce and extensive kosher section...by the time I got home I could not stop to chat with the neighbors....(i explained my urgency and they were nice enough to carry in my groceries while I made a mad dash!

I like this W.A title much better....I think it suits RZ to a T! and also ME! Happy Birth-week DEE!!!! I'll make some lemon ice tea! with fresh fruit? but no cake here...we can have raspberries and cantelope instead...or posting here is also "fun without food"...

good night whine-a-lots....and ANN the 10lb. set of dumbbells is one of my favorites...i try to use 5s 8's for over my head , 10s for the biceps, and the 15s if i feel very strong....currently they have dust on them and the pillow cushions for outside are on the weight bench....but I will get started and keep you company tomorrow, promise.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

my parents are coming back from Florida early

Palmetto bugs... yeah I've seen em... but we get those silverfish things... very weird looking...

BTW happy late bday D
Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

Thanks for the concern... I am still sober (still struggling but still sober) I have been here I just lack the ability to keep up with more than a couple threads at a time... where to begin... my parents went on vacation, and the day after they left I woke up to find water all over the floor in the kitchen. Come to find out, our refrigerator/freezer quit working. I then proceeded to take care of the animals (rabbits to be exact), and apparently my dad forgot to close one of the pens because I noticed it was empty...
next thing I know my dog is crawling under the skinning rack and jumps the rabbit out of there where she had been hiding apparently... so then the chase began... we had the dog chasing the rabbit, me chasing the dog... all the while I am yelling out obscenities and trying to get my dog to stop.... but his instinct is to kill (he may be a small jack russell but if I'm not mistaken they were bred for fox hunting, but his favorite seems to be squirrels....) keep in mind this rabbit is pretty much the same size as my dog... apparently my dog heeded my warning and pounced on the rabbit but did not bite it or anything... but he scared the rabbit ******** and I thought she was going to die from shock. She was literally paralyzed with fear... the good news is she recovered

So all this sh*t had me stressin cause my dad was out of town and he likes to blame me for crap... like this one time we were filling up our pool and I had to monitor the water and cut it off at a certain time to keep the well from running dry. I did everything I was supposed to, but the next morning we noticed we weren't getting any pressure and then eventually the well wasn't pumping any water... so he blamed me for about a week for this and then the dude came and checked our well and told us it was because lightning f'ed up the pump... so yeah, story of my life
And apparently I waited too late to register for school (which honestly doesn't make any sense to me, considering how much time until the fall semester begins) so I have to go do this late registration crap which is very similar to banging your head against a wall
Old 07-26-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for the trouble UO but at least you saved the rabbit, you can still register, and you can hand a ton of responsibility back to your folks

and yep Zip Older'n dirt

D
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Where is it Dee's birthday tomorrow?

Underoath - I must say those are some excellent whines. You outdid yourself. Glad to see you back among us.

Fandy - You are doing so great. You'll be gorgeous by fall.

Yet another insect whine - I had a tick on me once again - on my neck this time. That's about the 6th one this summer. I hate those rotten disease carrying little suckers.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post

Yet another insect whine - I had a tick on me once again - on my neck this time. That's about the 6th one this summer. I hate those rotten disease carrying little suckers.
luckily my dog wears a flea/tick collar, and also shares a bed with me... I'm not entirely sure how good that is for brain cells but it's whatever... beats lyme disease that's for sure
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hello fellow Whiners

Wow what some awesome Whines where to start?

Okay so a little story about palmetto bugs. I was in my teens and had just hitchiked across country from Boston Ma to Daytona Fla. I got a cheap motel w/the rest of my funds, mind you I could only afford one night. So I went out that day came back, and as soon as I walked into the room and went to turn on the light, this firgging huge bug came flying at me and landed on my cheek. I went screaming out of the room and went flying up to the front desk. The guy was laughing so hard at me I thought he might have wet himself.

I found out that these bugs are blind so they don't actually know where they are going they just fly for whatever that is worth.

UO so glad you are still trudging along and btw I signed up a few times late for college semesters its a pain but so many people do it now.

So my whine is my blood pressure was 134/104 then 1/2 hr later it was 138/96
and I was told that is in the area of when people can have a stoke so I called my dad to get some support and he began to debate with me over what numbers were in the zone. So I was at Walmart and read off what the machine said and he was like no they are worng lol. I said Dad they couldn't by law just put down random #'s on the blood cuff machine. Anyway didn't get a whole lot of support.

The thing that scares me is I just had a check up about a month ago now and this issue never came up? So I really don't want to have to go to the Dr's again I have been going for my Diabetes which is new stuff and I am really sick of Dr's and all of it medicine

Okay so that is my Whine hope medical is up there w/bugs lol

Nite Nite
Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I can't keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Part 61????????????????

Look away for a second and this happens, I haven't even checked on the end of part 60 yet.

I am not used to days of study...not really a whine...ok...yes it is!!! I am tired, but I still got up early enough to make muffins for everyone at my course today, and picked Wee Man up early today to spend time with him.

Now I have sat down to look on here.....and I think I may never move again..... OHHHHHH CRRR@@@@@@PPPPPPP.......... the rice was cooking on the stove and I forgot!!!

I have start that again.........sigh.........i need to chill.

Carry on.......
Old 07-27-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My whine is a Queeny shopping dilemma whine...yes you heard right.

I need new glasses, bifocals and also new prescription sun glasses. My insurance plan covers $400 every 2 years so I would like to stay in that range....thus paying nothing in the end and saving my money for matching accessories.

There are 2 quality glasses franchises here. One has a sale of 50% off lenses (which is the most expenses part of the purchase since I get blended, no-glare stuff that can run extra. I don't bifocal the sunglasses because I like to have them plain so I can see in all corners of them but I like them polarized and no-glare...also extra. So I don't KNOW what they would cost in the end unless I go to the store and find out.

The other place is 2 pair for whatever but doesn't include the extra stuff, so I don't know what they will cost either.

Now how can Queeny make a good "sale" decision when I don't know what anything costs?

Good morning Whiners! Happy Whiny Wednesday!!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Jazzin' up the title...you didn't see me here...shhh

hurry up along manz, no sloth here

I think it suits RZ to a T!
great minds think alike

good wishes on the glasses queeny,

do they toss in a pair of Grat Glasses taboot?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
good wishes on the glasses queeny,

do they toss in a pair of Grat Glasses taboot?
The grats are free, as are the rose coloured ones ...and don't foreget these
Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am up late, cant sleep......and what do I find...just the question for me!!!

Ann..IMO(I am/was an optician)....call them both, tell them what you want specifically and ask for a price given their best deals available. I hear Lenscrafters are fairly cheap? The company that owns them.....were the cause of my becoming redundant here in NZ...but I dont hold a grudge! And their lenses ought to be decent quality.

You can also buy online, after having your tests complleted, so google some sites as the deals can be fantastic!

RZ...I am hurrying up.... I think, it is now Thursday here.....so way ahead of the game.

I cant sleep ... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 07-27-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good moaning whiners! Don't even talk about new glasses... I've had this pair for at least six years and desperately need an eye exam and new glasses but can't afford it (no insurance).

Busy day today. Nmk is bringing over a pregnant cat to live in my bsmt for a while until she has her kittens, then a home can be found for them and for her... but not with me! I have enough critters in my house...
Old 07-27-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Moaning Whiners

I just got this evil thought when I read that it is Thursday where Manz is. Can't people make $ in football pools since you would already know the scores cause you are a day ahead or maybe not football but something?

Then I could have a really good whine as I would be in Fedral prison using computers there if they have them?

So on 2nd thought maybe my diseased thinking should be left to forums like these?

If you want to know the word for the day you will have to go check out Morning Gratitude as that is where I post it..

Have a whacky whine filled Wed
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

very impressive whining! My whine is that I have no time to whine....because I am too busy in the mornings, exercising, cutting up vegetables for the healthy low points lunch, slugging down gallons of water, taking vitamins...and working too.

no wonder I am exhausted! I need more than 6.5 hours of sleep, but then i would miss the dog's favorite TV shows......(He's a big fan of Necessary Rougness and Fandy likes Royal Pains, he thinks I should date Boris and live in the Hamptons).

Under-o, glad you have mastered the art of juggling all the animals and saving the rabbit from pooping herself from fear. The fridge/freezer is NOT your fault....if you can pull the vent cover off on the bottom, you may see huge amounts of dust and hair that can be vacuumed to help the motor run better....but then again, depending on the age of the appliance, it could have just committed suicide too.

and aren't you GLAD that you are SOBER to deal with the school stuff and the animals and the fridge issues????? Imagine if you were not???? it would be 10X worse!

I was going to suggest a flea collar for Hevyn to wear, but she might just slap me.

Ann the last time I went glasses shopping in 2009 (Mr. Fandy gets a new scrip every 2 years too...I just need low number reading glasses)....the glasses at lenscrafters were about $425 for the same type you described and the sunglasses were $150....(all US prices)....This is the time they are running sales and have coupons...go online or check the Sunday paper.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Whineapalooza! I'm so impressed! Under takes this round, imo.

Made a calm rational request yesterday to get my needy-needs-met. And then I'm supposed to let go of the outcome? Is that right? Is that how it goes? Well the person replies with a response that doesnot address the request. So I ask again, nicely. Which makes the person go into Radio Silence, because apparently I have Hurt Their Feelings?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The Ks are driving me nuts... it's too awful to go into in detail... Suffice it to say I wish I were a true 'empty nest-er'.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

ahhh children!!! I once had a terrible dream when LMF was about 14 years old....I dreamed that I killed her and buried her body at my mother's house in the back by the tomatoes and zucchini...and i kept going back to check if she decomposed so i wouldn't get caught....I can still see her converse sneakers sticking out of the dirt in my dream....i felt terrible when i woke up because I did NOT feel guilty.

That was the year I took up both gardening and heavy drinking......and watching marathons of Law and Order....
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

good for you manz

love the glasses queeny

i think it's about time for me to fork over the dollar store glasses,

and get the real deal.

i'm starting to feel like Mr Magoo

least
The Ks are driving me nuts
No Way!!!

fands, sounds like a good B-Movie
Old 07-27-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I would wear a flea collar if I could find an attractive color, with maybe a cameo or other decoration on it. No more ticks for Hev.

I never spent that kind of money on glasses, but mine are never designer ones or very fancy. I really wish contact lenses had worked for me, but I never could get used to them.