Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 6

Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

C'mon Dee! Only 8 hours and 9 minutes left! "It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight..."
Old 04-28-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 04-28-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Now I'm singing final countdown YouTube - Europe - The Final Countdown (Official Video)
Old 04-28-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

You guys crack me up. I have a solution: Flight of the Conchords. You both must love them, no? GFCO, you are a native Kiwi. Dee - they're funny as hell. Hey? Come on...ya gotta love Murray..!

Anyway, as for the rest of you..

PHRD welcome back! God knows I have joined, left, re-joined, left, and finally felt "at home" with Decembers. We are truly supportive PLUS we like snacks. I love the freedom of sobriety as people have mentioned. It rocks!

MJ, VC, Better, R+A, Miss BF, Mr. Hooped, Nota, MGF...always glad to read your posts and hear you're doing great!

As for me, I thought tonight was the special season finale of the Office but it was just the season finale of Michael Scott. There are like 3 o 4 more episodes, but sans Steve Carrell. My son and I celebrated with ice cream (what did you expect) and seltzer.

Night friends!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I have to side with Dee on this one.........I may look around at it tomorrow.......but would not lose any beauty sleep over those guys!

GFCO, it is freeing...........and R&A, I do think of it as a choice as well........I tell myself, yes you can drink......anywhere, anytime. I just don't choose to. It keeps my mind from thinking I am denying myself.....ya know?

Tonight was tilapia and fresh asparagus. Yum.

Have fun at the wedding tonight GFCO! What are you wearing? lol

La la salama
Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like them but I've seen all the episodes Soph

D
Old 04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Yeah, sorry GFCO. No royal wedding for me. Irish ancestors. 'Nuff said.

But count me in on Conchords anytime!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

You guys are funny about that wedding stuff. I am not interested in it at all but a girl I work with is actually taking tomorrow off so she can sleep after watching it live on tv.

Bad news guys.... I've got a serious man cold that hit this afternoon. Throat is on fire! On the plus side I bought Nikki Sixx's new book. For those of you that may not know, I love Motley Crüe!

Even though it's only a lil before 8:30 I'm off to bed since I will have to work tomorrow with that girl out bc of watching the wedding. Have a good night everyone.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Oh no BF! I thought the man cold had run its course through the Decembers...maybe you were the last holdout!?!

I have three words for you...you must know what they are...poor little...!!

Take good care of yourself...OJ, water, fruit, kleenex! Feel better...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I have actually had a slightly stuff nose since Monday. But I've bravely kept quiet about it—does that mean it's a woman cold?

Hope you feel better, BF!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 04-29-2011, 05:01 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good morning Class! It is a beautiful day here! VC - I am exactly in the same frame of mind as you regarding it being a choice. Not that I can't, that I choose not to because it is just stupid and unhealthy. I need to grow up, turning 39 next month. So this time around feels a lot different. Like, hey, I'm smart. I knew I needed to quit and did. Then I felt like I could handle it and wanted to continue doing it. Now I know that the moderation is something that won't work for me anymore. And I really could just leave the booze because I march to my own drummer and whenever I say I'm not drinking, no one in my circle would ever question it - we're middle aged people.

Ok, my question to my classmates. I know I need to find some new hobbies and interests. Can some of you share what you are doing? Some advice on figuring out what I might want to do? So glad my support team is still here! Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I think it's a matter of personal interests, PHRD—I'm currently reading a history of the early Roman Empire written about 50 years after the fact, around 100 AD. Tomorrow I'm participating in an outrigger canoe race.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Ooops. Prematurely posted. I was gonna say I wouldn't necessarily recommend either of those things, but I will say that this has been a chance to shake things up a bit, try new things. Are there any hobbies/activities you contemplated before, but didn't pursue? Or maybe some things you used to like, but that somehow drifted out of your life?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Just spent the morning atching royal wedding clips and sobbing...I watched Diana's wedding with my grandmother. I'm a sucker for romance!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Good morning group! Glad I'm typing and don't have to talk bc the troat is def killing! I've completed a whole week sober! Very happy about that!! Being that I'm sick tonight I Plan on staying home and probably watching a movie.

PHRD as far as my hobbies go I'm still trying to discover some new ones. Since drinking was my only hobby for the last 9yrs I am trying to find things I like. I seem to be enjoying finding new bands I like and taking my dog hiking so far.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

PHRD, good question!

For me, I need to replace my drinking *thoughts* more than the actual drinking because the actual drinking was just, like, another extension of whatever I might be doing. We've all mentioned things like, ironing while drinking on a Sunday, or for me, going outside with the dogs with a glass of wine. So my life is continuing with the exact same daily routines...work, kid stuff, house stuff...but somehow I need to stop feeling like a few glasses of wine will make everything more elegant or fun or...rewarding, I guess.

So to wrap up: for me? I need 12 step groups, to meet other people in recovery and to keep remembering the reason why I wanted to stop in the first place. Hope that is somewhat helpful.

TGIF everyone!!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Well guys got off work early. After being there for 2 hrs stuffing my face with cough drops the boss let me go home. Movie marathon is about to begin over here. I could def go for some froyo with this flaming throat of mine.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Oh where do I begin???????

BF, you had to go into work so a co-worker could sleep in after watching that wedding? Really????? Doesn't seem fair...........but because you have a MAN COLD you got out of it anyway. Poor poor bunny. lol!

I have actually had a slightly stuff nose since Monday. But I've bravely kept quiet about it
Don't you mean "wisely" quiet about it??? he he he....

Dee, smart and very wise move with the zipper guy!

PHRD, the sky is the limit as far as things to do! Take some kind of off the wall class.........the adult ed center here offers some things. I even took fencing once! Once! That epee' HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even with pads! lol. Just find some stuff that makes YOU happy. Even if it is as simple as taking some nice walks...you'll figure it out. ...you're a smartie, I can tell.

Anyway, glad it is the weekend.....what's everyone doing tonight??
Old 04-29-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Aw, BF, I hope you feel better, and good job on 1 week! VC. I think I forgot to congratulate you yesterday on your web page and new job! Yippee! MJ, I watched the wedding last night and it was awesome Did you see all those crazy hats?! I was thinking about how my Mom watched Diana & Charles and now here we are watching their son get married. Neat. I know it's silly but I really enjoyed watching it. VC- I wore my best jammies and bags under my eyes, along with my favorite mug of tea.