Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 6

Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I am still so far behind on the happenings here... We've been back from vaca for a few days, and things feel like a complete jumbled mess! The kids are all out of sorts, and whiney...husband is depressed, I have work to catch up on, and a gazillion things around the house to do, and I get to do it all/make it all better, and frankly I am feeling like I can't and I feel my resolve is waning...waaAay exasperated!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Sorry, nota—I know I've had vacations that caused more stress than they cured.

Maybe you can cut yourself some slack, make the goal less about making everything better, more about just doing what you can and letting go of the rest?

Have you tried playing the drinking forward, picturing how it would be to wake up the next day to realize what you had done, and how it hadn't changed anything?

See how it feels tomorrow. You can do it!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:58 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
I was talking to a client in Sydney today, Dee. She said it only happens once every 79 years that Anzac Day and Easter fall close enough to create a five-day weekend. My immediate reaction was: wow, that's a lot of pressure to make the most of it!
LOL I won't be here for the next one then

it was the end of school hols too, so I know a lot of people tried to get the most from it

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
OHH. Duh. Haha.
I was born in New Zealand, doesn't that make us rivals or something?
Not with me LOL...I want to visit NZ some day

D
Old 04-28-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I love Herzog, too. Though I wish I hadn't seen the scene in Grizzy Man when the girlfriend (or was it mom) wears the headphones...don't think that guves anything away. gFCO, that is the cutest dog! Feeling good today. How are you all?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Morning guys. I like our Netflix-watching, snackster crew.

Now here is a doc for you, MGF: Ultra Marathon Man! It's about Dean Karnazes, who has this incredible ability to simply run marathons all the time and for miles and miles.

In this particular doc he runs 50 marathons, 50 states, 50 days. Yes. You read that right. Maybe you have seen it already?

On that note I am off to run to work. Everyone have a great day!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Wow! Great to see everyone doing so well! I was a member of this group and made it 19 days... Thinking of trying again. What really pisses me off is that I think I would be fine to quit if it wasn't for my husband. I just get so worried that my marriage will fall apart if I am no longer his "best friend and beer buddy" KWIM? Been acting stupid again lately, no blackouts but definetely finding myself "getting on a roll" too often lately. I love that I can come back here and look through what I wrote before too....
Old 04-28-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi, PHRD, welcome back!

I'm single, but that seems to be a pretty common fear. I think the consensus is that when it comes to recovery, you have to put yourself first. Alcoholism certainly was progressive in my case, and if it keeps getting worse for you, that can't be good for your relationship. It would also be fairly typical for your husband to have some fears about you stopping too... But hopefully there's a lot more to your relationship than drinking.

Quitting wasn't easy, but I am so glad I did. I think it's changing a lot more about me than just my choice of beverage, and I like to think those changes have all been for the better.

Glad to have you back here!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hi All and welcome back PHRD. I am glad to see you back here and thinking about it again! It is rough with a drinking partner....

Well, I think I saved myself a butt-load and created a simple webpage......I am sure there would be quite a charge to have someone do it. I think it will work. Yay!

Glad you are back Nota! Just take baby steps.......life won't end if things are in disarray for awhile........I should talk, I empty my suitcase when it hits the floor and put everything back in it's place. It's hard being anal! lol...

Will check in later.........!~!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Ok, gonna do it! DAY 1! I put my special ring with a heart on it back on my finger. I picked up some soda and carbonated fruit juice at the grocery. Also got a couple books from the library. I have to resolve just give it up. I don't think I'm an alcoholic but definetely an addict and on my way to being an alcoholic. I'm such an all or nothing person. I find it so much easier to quit then working so hard to try to moderate and failing myself all the time. I used to be addicted to smoking pot in college. I didn't try to "cut back" I just quit. Never had an issue with it again.

You know what is weird? I'm having a party at my house this weekend and it doesn't even phase me. I didn't drink at parties the last time I quit and wasn't even going to drink at my own party this weekend so I could be a great hostess. It is a personal choice and as I said to myself and my Dec buddies last time, I would be a much better wife so I doubt I'd loose my husband. :-) Glad to see you are still here VC!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Still here PHRD and over 60 days of being good! I am a prime example that it can be done! Congrats on day 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, I got my first job today!! I was hoping to land that place.....it's our big civic center and surrounding compound. Woot woot!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Yay for VC!!!!!!!

PHRD, I agree it's a million times easier and less stressful to just give up the whole moderation thing (been there, failed that). I also think a big thing for me was realizing it is a choice. It's about choosing to be sober. Sometimes I even question whether to say "I quit drinking," because it emphasizes something lost, when really it's about something gained. I like that there's a thread on here called "Don't Quit". The real quitting occurs if I drink—I quit sobriety, quit getting a good night's sleep, quit feeling good about myself, quit Team Snackster.... forget that!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi PHRD! SO good to see you! I myself came back to the group only a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was welcoming and supportive. My disease is progressive, which means it will kill me if I let it. Each relapse brings me a little closer to that, and I'm done with it. I think there's something freeing about quitting. I used to think it was hard and something I constantly had to think about and guard against, but lately it feels like a burden has been lifted from me. I'm free to be healthy, to not make an ass out of myself, to make good choices, and to decide how I really want to use my time and money. I agree with R&A, now quitting would mean giving all of that up. I gained a lot when I quit drinking.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Welcome back PHRD! I would also agree that constantly trying to manage my drinking would've been way to stressful. I'm an all or nothing type of person when it comes to drugs and alcohol.

Just hopping on here on my lunch. Today I had a client come in to buy some dog food around 9am and she was shaking real bad and I wondered if it could possibly be from drinking but I didn't want to make any judgements. Well after paying she asked if I could carry the stuff out and sure enough she had bags from the store with bottles of vodka. I could tell by talking to her she didn't seem like she was happy and then seeing that she's still actively drinking kinda bummed me out. It was a good reminder to me also that, that is what my life could end up like if I started drinking again. We have a couple clients like that, that come in stinking of booze and co workers comment negatively about em and I'm like wow good thing you don't know about my life. Well that's it for now.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back PHRD

D
Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, happy 30,000 posts Dee!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL
It slipped by me GFCO

I talk too much....

D
Old 04-28-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

...and we love it. Keep blabbing! Welcome back, PHRD. Beautiful day here.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

PHRD, great to see you again, we are a team.

VC, congrats on that job!

Odd days, long work days with little ti e to think in between..hope I don't wake up 15 years from now and realize it was all a blur.

Soph I definitely know about Dean k, read one of his book's. He is really amazing. Also he is in to healthy eating big time..I wish I could do that but I just can't it seems.

I am relaxing with nutella on multigrain and some tea.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I'm skipping the netflix tonight, staying up late, and watching the royal wedding. Who's with me???? I'm the same age as Prince William, and when I was little I thought we were going to get married *sob.* How could he betray me like this? LOLOLOL. I have a pretty awesome prince of my own now, so mostly I'm just watching to see her dress so I can copy it, ha! I'm singing "eye of the tiger" in my head while I'm making coffee to get ready to stay awake tonight. It starts at 2 am here. Yee-haw!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Won't be joining you I'm afraid GFCO...zero interest

D