Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 6

Old 05-21-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

The knee is better, MJ. At least it feels better; numerous people who saw me limping have said "wow, you don't look so good." Whatever—you should see the staircase!

Of course, don't know why I'm posting. It's only me and BF left now, seeing as 6 p.m. has come and gone for the rest of you rapturous Decemberists. Glad some of you guys got in one last nap. I'll say this for armageddon: it's a great excuse to blow off mowing the lawn. I mean, what's the point? But I better start cooking our dinner now, just in case....
Old 05-21-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Dang, almost 7 and I'm still here. Hullo? Hullo? Is anybody out there? Oh, well, my kiddo didn't make the cut either. And a heaven without her ain't worth the bus fare to get there.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I made it, too! Just had such a great evening hanging out with a friend...I don't blather too much sober, I just have a nice time. And I won't hate myself tomorrow. God, I'm glad I got sober.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Woohoo R&A, MJ, and I are still here!! Haha

Today I decided to buy a Holga camera to play around with. I don't know much about photography but for me being sober has left a lot of free time for me to stay busy so tomorrow I'm planning on going on a little adventure and trying out my camera skills or lack of skills. I bought 2 different types of film to play around with.

VC have fun on your trip tomorrow!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Yay, we're still here! Just one downside for me:

Sounds like a great night, MJ! I was just looking at some newcomer posts; wow it makes me glad to be sober. And hopeful for them, too.

BF, for someone who says she doesn't know much about photography, you picked a great little camera. I know pros who love Holgas—they're so quirky, you end up with all kinds of really interesting and expected looks.

Peaceful night guys (and g'day, Dee).
Old 05-22-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

A new hobby: what a great idea! Mine is sleeping. Zzzzzzz
Old 05-22-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

R&A I really don't know anything about it haha. I just started reading about them online a couple days ago and thought some of the sample pics shown looked pretty rad. Right now it's pretty overcast over here. Enjoy mowing the lawn!

MJ sleeping is a good one too! I'm sure some part of my day will include a nice nap!

I'm not sure what to start the morning with today. Coffee, tea, Monster, diet pepsi. I forgot how many options there are besides alcohol. Today is day 13 and the longest I think I've been sober since I blew the 89 days a few months back.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hola, amigos!

Productivity is my watchword for the day. Taking a brief break after tearing out an old bathroom mirror and a wall cabinet; need to sand, paint, then install the new stuff. Get to try out a new drill along the way. Gonna be a long day, but I've wanted to get this done for a while, so it's gonna feel great checking it off the list!

Hope you're all having a good weekend. Hooped, I still need to check out that video link. By the way, I've finally got Sons of Anarchy in my Netflix queue based on your recommendation!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Best to start at Season 1 with the Sons of Anarchy R&A....
I should start watching Dexter myself, heard so many good reports on it.

Nice to know we all survived the Rapture intact.

Went for a great hike along the cliffs by the ocean here yesterday, took some pics of a pair of eagles in a tall dead tree but my camera is an old digital and the birds came out looking so tiny....I gotta invest in a better camera I guess.

Checking my weekend list off here too, next thing up is the catbox and scrub the bathtub ...ughh....
Then it's ...an ice cream break!

It's so great to be alive again, waking up early just being groggy... instead of incredibly sick day in and day out.

Coming home last night the man on my shoulder was whispering to me...I looked up at the sky and thought ...'No... I choose life".
I got a real tingly feeling and the cravings disappeared.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Bf, you're dpong great! R&A, congrats...what a great day! Hooped, your story made me teary. I am so happy for you.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

Just been doing errandy stuff today and hanging out with the kiddo and dogs. Ate a ton of fruit salad for lunch and plan on steak and salad for dinner. First the treadmill...because now that the weather is warm, I feel like I need to burn off any last vestiges of winter hibernation!

All well, happy to be sober...glad to read your posts guys, you all seem to be doing great. I guess VC is on her way to the mountain cabin!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

You bet Hooped, I'll start with season 1, episode 1 and take it from there. Also have a documentary on Jack Kerouac I want to watch—maybe should get that out of the way tonight to make room for a marathon of SoA this week.... That's great about last night—and life overall. I'm really happy for you—for all of us.

Thanks MJ, it is a great way to spend my day. Projects like this are a but of a trigger for me. I could I rewarded myself with alcohol, but I think a lot of time I took on a job in order to have an excuse to "reward" myself. This is so much more satisfying; and new cabinet's gonna be hanging nice and straight!

Soph, that sounds like a great dinner. What's for dessert? More important, what time should we come over?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...10-pt-7-a.html

D