Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 6

Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Wow...I have some catching up to do...
Still here and still sober too...against all odds.
Day 8.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hooped great to see you back!

GirlFromCo, you are making the right choice and you really did well staying strong through that tough period of time. What are your interests? What type of jobs are you interested in? SR is a special place and here we are all pretty open about our lives and the challenges we face. So I don't think anyone should ever feel shy or uncomfortable...I know I wasn;t that firat night when I was posting. SR was the lifeline.

Everyone, hi and gave a great day! Stuck in an office, in a basement...but had a glorious ride in...love that bike commuting heh heh.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hooped, good to hear from you!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Guys. Slammed at work but wanted to say hello. Ciao for now.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hooped congrats on your 8 days! keep it up

Good morning everyone. I dont know why but Im not feeling like work or class today. I have to atleast go to work though. We'll see how the day goes. I have had no energy at all these past couple days which is prob why I am not feeling like doing anything.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Morning, morning, morning!

Hope you had a good Bday MJ!

"I am thinking not"... lol, VC, I've been thinking about that comment all day—I would have totally lost it! Why does that totally push a button for me?
I know! It still resounds in my head!!!!!!!!! Thank you for "getting" it. Next dinner, you are coming over R&A. You can sit by me and we will prepare for it....he he. I know both of them hate ham so guess what's on the menu!????? LOL!

Twilight Zone creeped me out as a kid. I remember when I was little there was an episode where a ventriloquist was in a dressing room looking in a mirror.......his puppet was behind him on the couch and stood up! I truly can say I have been afraid of dolls ever since. I mean it, they creep me out. Then came Chucky!!!!!!! AGH!!!!!
It's like the ocean........as a kid and a young adult I was always out there....body surfing in, etc.............then came Jaws. Dum dum dum dum dum dum......can anyone even forget the music?

Am I rambling?

Hooped, nice to hear from you.....I have been thinking about you and your trip. Are you back or still up there?

GFCO, great decision...........stick with your new plan. You are worth it! :ghug3

BF, hang in there. Tired is normal....do you take vitamins? Drink lots of fluids too. The good kind. lol.

Hi to Sopher, MGF, Nota, Better...........Better, I am worried about you! Please check in!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi, gang. Hope you're all having a good day.

VC, I get creeped out by ventriloquist dummies, clowns, and mimes. Maybe in a past life I was forced to sit through too many vaudeville shows? Actually mimes don't scare me—I just don't like 'em. The ocean, thank goodness, is still my friend.

BF, I was super tired for a while. I figure that's the body just diverting energy to healing itself physically. Also, since alcohol was kind of the carrot at the end of the stick, I had to find new rewards to motivate myself. Though come to think of it my primary reward is to just relax at home with a movie or book.... maybe I'm just lazy by nature, lol!

OK, back to work. See you guys tonight!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:46 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I had an uncle who's hobby was a ventriloquist dummie named Bobby.
He used to drive around town in his convertable withthe dummie propped up in the passenger seat.

My grampa was a magician. He put on magic shows way back in the 1920's and 30's. He had a Harley with a sidecar back then, and when his son was born (my uncle) gramma would ride around with him in the sidecar cradling the baby.

Those folks are all long gone now.
They were all big time drinkers too....must be in the genes huh?

I'm back in the big city. By myself.
Mrs. Hooped is staying up-country for the time being.

Had a good visit though.

They gave me a choice of a paintbrush or being in charge of the burning.
Of course, I burned... every day. There is a creek running through the property and a beaver was hanging around there watching me and munching on willow branches. It was neat. And, I didnt drink. Everybody else did, but not me.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Haha VC I've never seen an episode of twilight. I remember my mom saying before tho that she watched it as a kid. As for jaws I love the ocean, maybe cuz I've always grown up with the beach right down the street but I can't picture myself not living somewhere along the coast.

Just checking in on my lunch. I've been doing well in class so decided to call in sick for this evening. I need a little break. So I was looking online about Nikki Sixx's book heroine diaries about his addiction stuff and thinking about buying it. Motley Crüe is my all time fav band, I saw em play 4 yrs ago on my 20th bday with aerosmith and was prob the best concert I've been to, too bad I only remember bits and pieces though.

I'm glad to be sober today even though I havnt had much energy it's still better than a day of drinking. Its so crazy how much damage alcohol has done yet I still will be tempted to drink. I was just thinking today how every time I drank this past year I totally forgot that the Dr told me if I kept drinking I could possibly have to have a surgery with my esophagus. I had severe pain in that area a little over a year ago bc it was inflamed they said bc of alcohol damage and that if it happened again a ring or something would have to be placed around part of it yet I've relapsed dozens of times and didn't think about what Dr said.

Hope everyone enjoys the day, weathers nice and cool in the 70s here.

Last edited by BoozeFree; 04-26-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Spelling, stupid iPhone!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi, all! Had a wonderful birthday...canceled plans, took care of my boys, enjoyed a wonderful dinner with a celebratory bottle of pomegranate bubbly stuff. My husband drank beer, which bothered me, and I only said so once, and then I apologized and then he apologized. So we're making our way. I hope someday to be free of all this booze chatter in my brain.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

(My sister's argument about alcoholism not being my problem was that I should be on Paxil or Zoloft or something to stop the chatter. Who knows! But wine doesn't help.) Do any of you have experience with these drugs? (If I am not allowed to ask about this, please let me know.)
Old 04-26-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you had a good day all up, MJ

D
Old 04-26-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi MJ, I do not have experience with those drugs so I can't comment.

I do have experience with the chatter. I need to replace it, I think, and this takes practice.

Glad your birthday went well. I like pom bubbly too
Old 04-26-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Soph, I am ordering the book your recommended: Keep it Simple.

I love "chatting" with you all! Now for some more pom.

Proud of you guys, this is hard. A man came into AA today about to commit suicide after a relapse. I am so happy he made it to our safe haven, and I'm praying for him right now.

In other topics, more Netflix movie recs, please?!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good one, MJ. You deserve it. I also fall in the unmedicated chatter camp. I live way too much of life in my own head; working on that is part and parcel of my recovery program... As for movies, I really enjoyed watching the 80s Kurt Russell remake of "The Thing". Just a great popcorn flick. (Careful, VC: It takes place in Antarctica, so I'm guessing it could ruin dogsledding for you. )

BF, what the heck, did you ever mention that before about your esophagus? That is so scary. And also a reason to be grateful every single day. You are way too young to be needing spare parts!

Hooped, great to have you back. Sounds like beautiful country up there. I wonder if that beaver is back home now and telling his buddies, "There is a creek running through the property and a human was hanging around there watching me..."

And just for the record, my beef is not with your ventriloquist uncle—it's with that dummy riding in the passenger seat!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

R&A no I don't think I have mentioned it before. I often forget about it and randomly it pops back in my head. Thankfully when it flared up I just had to take some meds for 2 weeks. It was very painful though and was a combo of sharp pains/ feeling a lot of pressure in my chest/upper abs.

Hope everyone is having a good evening. I didn't go to class and just grocery shopped and now heading to sleep early. I bought a variety of drinks to switch it up and some healthy snacks so I can start eating better again.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good for you, BF. Have you guys noticed we all spend a lot of time talking about snacks? I hit Trader Joe's tonight and stocked up—including another box mac and cheese balls, but these I've vowed to save for the kiddo.

Another NetFlix suggestion (have I mentioned this before?): "Man on Wire", a documentary about a crazy Frenchman's mission to illegally string a line between the World Trade Center towers and walk across. Pretty fascinating character...
Old 04-27-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I remember that high wire craze in the 70's

Have a great day everyone, I have two big meetings today related to my team...and then I hope all that stuff is settled.

Take care and I will check in later today.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Morning, snacksters! Actually there was a gadget in the 90s called the Snackster...it made a sandwich out of anything jammed btw 2 slices of bread...