Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group Pt 5

Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
HFA

Wow missed a lot. Tj welcome back glad ur giving it another go. How's the sugar going, lydia? Beth = envy you going back to school. Glad we are all still here.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Thanks Guys

I have been keeping so busy during the day, I am just always moving these days. No Sweets for me for 5 days now, I am doing the atkins, kind of, and have no cravings for sugar right now.

I kind of like the class now Lyddie after I got that first speech done with. I will probably freak before the next one again though.LOL We have a test this sat, but I am not sweating it. If I just study I can get an A. I have asked my old nanny to start coming on weds and thurs for 2 hours each day to give me a break to study. So that is a relief!!

Glad to hear from you HFA how is your sugar deal going and the biggest loser thing is cool. Competing should be fun!

TJ- Good going on day 3

Dee and Shoei-

I have to try to get DD to sleep now. She has a cold

DAY 111 (my lucky number)
Old 02-27-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Glad everyone is doing well.

Sunday nights are kind of depressing for me. They always have been. In the past, I have used wine drinking at home on Sunday nights to kind of mask the Sunday blues feeling -- you know like have a little party at home to spice things up! I'm now realizing what an awful start to the week this was for me. The fact that I don't work on Mondays gave me another excuse to drink on Sunday nights.

Well tonight I'm not falling into that trap and just noticing any "Sunday blues" types of feelings that pop up. It's okay if I don't feel happy and excited all the time. Life isn't supposed to be like that. I think when we turn the clocks forward and have an extra hour of day light at the end of the day, it will help.

My daughter and I are going to watch a movie tonight. I'm glad I will remember it in the morning!

Drinking is bad news. Good night all.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

HFA - Well today I didn't have any sugar but I haven't been very successful the past couple of weeks. My big upgrade is this Wednesday so I am not pushing myself too hard on the no sweets.

Beth - Giving yourself study time during the day sounds like a good plan. A test so soon after the class starts? That sounds mean!

TJ - I think many of us have had Sunday night blues. I still have moments but mostly all is good for me on Sunday nights now that I don't drink.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Good morning. The freedom from alcohol is fantastic. I never want to go back to the old ways. There is so much more to life than drinking.

It's a gorgeous day, I opened the windows in my house, and I'm off to my yoga class with one of my favorite teachers. There is no going backwards for me anymore.

Day 4
Old 02-28-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Good Morning all

DD is still sick, I got a nice wake up call this morning at 3:30am. She was screaming in discomfort so I got her and gave her some tylenol, and put her in bed next to me. 5 minutes later she threw up all over me She is ok. I think it just went down bad. I gave her a bottle of milk right after which she drank and fell back to sleep. She was up and ready to roll at 6am. She is still sick though and is taking an early nap. I need one too! I just can't do naps.

I have psychiatrist appt at 6:30 today and I have to take her with me (45min away). It is right around her bedtime so it should be fun! LOL

Anyway have good day guys.

DAY 112
Old 02-28-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Beth - At least it's not raining!

All this work is making me one boring person - can't think of anything to say.

So - have a good day, all.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
HFA

lydie,
My upgrades went well today.I hope you the same on wed.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

thanks! And Congratulations - you must feel relieved!

Originally Posted by HFA View Post
lydie,
My upgrades went well today.I hope you the same on wed.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Sorry about the throw up on you, Beth! If it makes you feel any better, that has happened to me as well (surprise, surpise... with 3 kids it has happened a lot!) The worst was when my daughter had a big dinner one night with a chocolate milk shake and threw it all up from her loft bed so it spewed all over her room, her stuffed animals, her blankets and sheets, the nice white carpet (no longer white), the walls and even the lamp shade (which had to be thrown away). Who says parenting isn't glamorous

I had a crazy busy day today, though the yoga class was incredible this morning. It was really intense -- lots of core work and balance work. I was "spot on" with my balance today and was wondering to myself if it had anything to do with the fact that I haven't been drinking in several days. Sometimes my balance is really on and other days it's off, but I have never really tried to figure out if it had anything to do with residual alcohol in my system. So it was a challenging class, but I loved it.

I spent the rest of the day doing bills and taking care of things for my kids. My day off from work was really pretty busy. Just now settling down to rest. I got my daughter a new phone (she was due for a upgrade) so that was certainly one of the highlights of the day. The other was when I nearly lost my iPhone at Staples. I had dropped it while shopping and came back to look for it and found it on the floor on one of the aisles. PHEW!!!! I said to my daughter, "This is my lucky day!"

Have a good night/day all!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

TJ- Thanks! That was a funny story! I got a good laugh!

Lyddie- I can't wait until the week is over for you so your work will get easier.

HFA-Glad work is going good for you.

Dee

I am so.... yes I know I say it all the time...EXHAUSTED! I was running on 4 hours all day and then the dr. appt. So glad this day over!

Have a good tomorrow

DAY 112
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need a rest Beth!

D
Old 03-01-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Oh yes, 4 hours of sleep is no good! I need at least 8 -- preferably 9 or 10! Last night I was in bed by 9:30 and asleep by 10:30. I fall asleep around the same time my kids do now. The strange thing is that I need as much sleep as they do!!!

Well it's the 1st of March and spring is in the air. How nice!! I just went out to take my dog for a walk and noticed that the sky is brighter, the birds are chirping loudly, and the air is fresher than it is in the cold winter. It's not especially warm today, but the feel of spring is unmistakable. You know if I was hungover today I wouldn't notice any of this and would be concentrating on how crappy I was feeling. Oh, hangovers are the WORST. Mine were pretty much living hell.

My daughter is thrilled with her new phone. So it was a good night for us. I got some takeout Japanese food (yum!!) and brought it back home and had a big diet Pepsi with it. See, who needs beer and wine!!! (The caffeine didn't even prevent me from sleeping.. yay.)

I'm off to work today. Busy week, I think!

Day 5
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Happy March 1. Sounds like a good date to start more new beginnings. I haven't been working out as often the past 3 months. Maybe I can make that happen once this upgrade is over.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Good to read how everyone is getting on, sounds as though it has been a psoitive week especially for you TJ, great work! I'm just back in the city from a week out in the bush so need to organise myself for my return tomorrow for another week but will spend a lot of the day catching up here on the various forums, recharge my SR battery if you like. I also have to put a bid in for a new contract which if successful would been an increase in terms and conditions. I know that the powers that be have noticed a transformation in my behaviour and conduct so hopefully I will do well. It will certainly help that for almost 9 months there has been no stories about me "*****ing" until the early hours, I leave that to others now. Nine months ago I wouldn't have even bothered putting a bid in as management would have just put my application straight into the circular filing cabinet under the desk but thanks to you guys and the wider SR community life really is improving dramatically.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Shoei, that's a fantastic update and I'm so inspired by your story. Really!!!

Things are actually going quite well for me at work lately. Our office is having a lot of success with new business lately, so we are all busy. I'm starting to get new and interesting projects and I feel more useful. I have been sober much of this time so I know I would not have been this successful had I been drinking and coming into the office foggy headed and hungover.

I'm off to my SMART Meeting. It's a miracle when I can make it because Tuesdays are really a crazy day in our house. Now on top of it all, my dog is causing problems because of his haircut. I'm off...
Old 03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hey guys sorry I have been checking in so late. I guess thats why you guys( Lyddie and HFA and Shoei) don't post as much. I think once you reach a certain point (90 days) You just kind of start living life and forget to check in. Weird I must be getting better. I guess when I don't check in for a couple of days it will be progress. LOL.

Shoei that is wonderful to hear. I hope you get the promotion

TJ- Keep up the good work. It really is worth it

Lyddie- Good Luck tomorrow

HFA- Hows the biggest loser coming along?

Dee

I hope everyone is having a good day/night. I got 6 hours of sleep last night. I hope to get a full 8 tonight.

Good Night

DAY 113
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hey all, I'm so glad I went to the SMART meeting. I really love the people there. The guy who runs it is fantastic and always has great words of wisdom, many times pointed in my direction since I'm one of the ones struggling (not the only one, by any means... and not even the one who is worst off in terms of struggling) and because I'm a pretty vocal member in the group. I mean why go if you're not going to get anything out of it? Well anyway, he had some wonderful words of wisdom directed at me... and the others with alcohol problems... which come to think of it was everyone there tonight. Sometimes people there have other addictions like drugs or eating disorders or whatever, but the bulk of the group has alcohol problems. Anyhow.... I feel GREAT about going and truly hope I can make it again next week. I now know there are meetings other days of the week, too, so that is good news!

I won't be checking in tomorrow morning because I have a really busy day planned. I'm showing up at my son's 3rd grade class to be a "mystery reader". It's a little thing they have where parents show up as a surprise to read a story to the kids. I have to pick out a book that I love (I have a really good one... it's about the Presidents and it's very cute). After that I have to go straight into work and work a long day. I'm really busy at work this week. I'm planning yoga tomorrow night when the ex takes the kids so it will be a full day all around. There is no time for alcohol in my life, and I already knew that, though I desperately tried to fit it in. That didn't work. Life is better (and simpler) this way.

End of Day 5 and feeling good.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
HFA

Beth - I try to check in at least every couple days. I forget why I dont drink if I forget to check in for to long. The biggest looser thing is going ok. I need to eat much better if I going to not get destroyed.

Lyddie - good luck with the upgrades wed!! My fingers are crossed for you.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
HFA

Just weighed in at work and lost 4lbs...Hope this is a new trend..