Old 02-16-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
HFA

Beth,
100 Days. You ROCKS !!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
HFA

5 days no sugar or sweets. This is harder then I thought. I didnt think I ate to many sweets. But now that I cant have any, they are EVERYWHERE!! I have had a low grade headache the last couple days. Almost akin to my first week sober. At least Im sleeping, LOL
Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Congrats on triple digits, Beth!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HFA View Post
5 days no sugar or sweets. This is harder then I thought. I didnt think I ate to many sweets. But now that I cant have any, they are EVERYWHERE!! I have had a low grade headache the last couple days. Almost akin to my first week sober. At least Im sleeping, LOL
Congratulation HFA! They are everywhere. I am envious - haven't done more than two days in a row without sweets so far. Do you think the headache is sugar withdrawal?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Congrats Beth. One day at a time.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
Congratulation HFA! They are everywhere. I am envious - haven't done more than two days in a row without sweets so far. Do you think the headache is sugar withdrawal?
Yes I do think its sugar withdraw. In fact it might be low blood sugar. I think I was pumping alch sugar and candy sugar into my body for so long that my level reg system is hosed. I think it might be time to see my dr and come clean about being clean.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks again you all!

I ate 12 chocolate chip cookies yesterday! This has become normal for me. I have no idea what is going on with my sugar cravings. They are seriously out of control! Heroin and crack addicts become sugar fiends too when they quit. It must all be related to addiction. I would still rather have the cookies then the wine. At least I don't do and say things I regret later. I am just going to ride the sugar thing out and hope it fades away in time. I have too many other things to worry about right now.

Good luck Lyddie and HFA

I have strained my wrist so bad I have a guard on it. It hurts. I think it's just wear and tear. I had the same thing when I was pregnant (not.) It sucks because I can't hardly do anything. I keep telling myself that there are people without arms and legs that have children, so Suck it up!

I am in a horrible mood today. Sorry guys.

I am going to try to turn this frown upside down! LOL!

Have a good day/ morning all.

DAY 101
Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Oh and HFA and Lyddie every time I went on the Atkins diet I got a headache the first 3-4 days. It goes away. I found that eating vegetables (only carb allowed) helped. You are not on the Atkins so maybe try fruit?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Managed to go to the park today it was so pretty out. It is suppose to rain the next 3 days so I will probably go a little cabin crazy.

I start school at 9am on Saturday! Scared to death! Feel like a 14 year old at 40.

Lots on my mind these days. I have some desire to drink but not really. My brain is just use to going there with my problems. It now has to take a detour and reroute. I am getting there.

Anyway, I am off to finish my day, good night.

DAY 101
Old 02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

HFA - sounds like a wise idea to see your MD and come clean.

I had two cookies, a small twix bar and a mini pack of M & Ms this afternoon in a stress moment. Not so bad.

Hey Beth - maybe school will be fun.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
HFA

its good your going back to school. I need to also. If I loose my job, and there is an outside chance that might happen, I will never get another job paying me what I make with an assoc degree.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey good morning all-

I am excited about school but it's still a little daunting. Especially the course I choose (required for nursing) 'Public Speaking!' Although I can be the life of the party and talk to anyone, when it comes to everyone stopping what they are doing and just staring at me while I talk, Not so Much! Watch we will all have to stand in front of the class on the first day and introduce ourselves or something like that. LOL

I will get through it. It will be nice to have 2hours to myself and learn something new. I may pick up another class next week. I am just going to start off slow. There is always summer and fall to go full time.

I hope you don't lose your job HFA! YIKES!

Dee how have you been lately?

Lyddie you did pretty good yesterday with the sweets. I was thinking about you and the stress of your job yesterday. I was just wondering how you handled all that stress and work with a hangover?? You must be doing so much better this year!

Shoei, when do you start driving cabby

Have a good day all.

DAY 102
Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Correction the name of class is Speech 101 but it might as well be called public speaking!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Beth - Fortunately my days of working hungover are over. They Were Not Fun.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Busy week B, but all is fine here

Going back to school sounds great

D
Old 02-18-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Ok another correction, my class tomorrow is 3hrs long. Holy Moly!

Busy is good Dee

Well I am off to try to rest. Good Night.

DAY 102
Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ok I am getting ready to leave. I am having little panic attacks left and right. I don't know why I am so nervous. I may puke! I t really feels like the first day of school when I was a kid. The butterflies are ridiculous! I need a shot of vodka! Just Kidding! Ok! Have a good day. I will be fine

DAY 103
Old 02-19-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Haven't started the taxi gig yet Beth, just finished the course today. Off to work on Monday so will start on my next break in the 3 weeks. I had to do a load of taxi exams tonight to hand in tomorrow before I go so am pretty tired now (02.10 am). I'm off to bed. Hope you all have a good weekend and that your first day at school goes well Beth.

Shoei.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck Beth - you too Shoei

D