Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 51

Old 01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I took a nap too, least. I don't know how late I'll be up.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

I spent 4+ hours with a 25' pole getting all the snow off my roof and now I'm sore as a !@#$%^^&&*
Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I really don't have anything to whine about, oh no yes I do, my brother thinks he is so much better than me because as he puts it I am a drain on society and I'll never have my sh** together miind you I've been friggen sober almost 7 years but that don't count. Ever since my mom died and his greedy little a** thinks I got more than him or whatever he thinks cause he can't be honest with me about it. Another whine is people who are fake they pretend when they are talking to you that they miss and love you so much but then they talk crap to everyone else about you. If it wasn't for missing my dad I may not go home for a visit for a very long time.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm Cured!!!

just give it time zip,

people, places and things are laying low,

it's still early
Old 01-30-2011, 03:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My whine is that all the big things I need at home are half the price down here...and yet to ship and pay duty would defeat the whole purpose.

Anyone want to adopt a Canadian? :day4
Old 01-30-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann - you'd have many takers

Newby - I'm sorry you feel bad about some people in your life. Family can be so frustrating.

Invisigoth - All I can say is - 49 days 'til spring

Grocery shopping today. I wish they'd stop with the "two for one" ice cream sales. What's a person to do? I wish I'd start craving fruit & veggies instead of the artery-clogging stuff.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I wish I'd start craving fruit & veggies instead of the artery-clogging stuff.
Me too.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good moaning everyone. It snowed some last night and the roads look sh!tty... Supposed to take mom to church but I don't want to drive on that mess for a while... I'll see what it looks like in a couple hours, I guess...
Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hevyn; love the new avatar...camels and sun! warm temps and sunscreen, sandels, sand! sand-fleas, sun-burn..etc....bring it on!

OK, my rebounder is set up in the living room, my dumbbells are there and the treadmill is ready...now i just have to START!

the Whine du jour???? BIG storm coming on Tuesday and Wednesday! i was going to take a day for myself and cleaning up...but i don't dare because work will be backed up....I just keep piling up my vacation days...i get almost 3 days of vacation time accumulated a month.

whine du jour #2....i wish i had someone to exercise with...i need to put myself out there more. There is a woman who lives down my street who works for a doctor in private office...she seems to be single too and goes to my gym (or used to). Once the weather warms up and we all get out more, i'm going to be more "outgoing" and talk to people, Sammy is a good ice-breaker and loves to start conversations.

last year i was still so angry and licking my wounds....(and I still am)...but I need to get over myself and move on with my life...or fake it until I make it....i'm wasting my life wallowing over bullsh!t....i don't let myself enjoy what i've worked so hard to acheive.

ok, enoug whining. Teach, my poor mother has compression fracture in her lower lumbar vehrtebrae....the lidocane patches they give her (along with Oxy) help her to keep being able to walk, they make a difference.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
To Life!

Least, Bamboozle,
I *hate* it when that happens! Take a small nap to refreshen, and ruin your whole night's sleep, so it turns into a revolving problem! Grrrrrr.... :>((

Hev,
Too funny, thinking like PATTIE! :>))

Invisigoth,
I'm getting worried about that same thing. Everyone is talking about it. I don't know if there are people to hire to do that. I know *I* can't do it, that's for sure! Besides my back, I'm scared to death of heights!

newby,
Remember this truism:
"What others say and think of me
is all about them,
and it's none of my business."
Then, go on with *your* life
with joy.
And congrats on (almost) 7 years!!! That is a real milestone!
Keep up the good work!!! :>))

Ann,
I'll adapt you!
But, with the winter we're having this year, you'd probably be better staying in Canada!

Pattee,
I'm ready for the Bahamas, fer sure!

Ready to pack? :>))

And thank you, all for the good wishes on my pain management. I woke up a bit groggy. I *think* it's from the muscle relaxers? I stayed home all day to be able to fully experience the effects of this new med. I have terrible effects sometimes, because I'm too sensitive to meds, and I told them so, but, they don't always listen, or understand. I hope the grogginess will go away in a few days, but, if that's the only side effect, then, I'll deal with it. Because, yesterday was much better than the previous 10 or so days as a result of them! YEA!!!

I *may* be able to go back to work, since the going back to school, (for taking classes for me), didn't work out... Not too sure how I feel about that! hehehe...

My whine for today is small.
I've got new contractors, fixing the "work" debacle of the old "contractors."
It's hard work, trying to fix other people's mistakes on a budget. And they are very kind and doing a nice job. But, one guy is older, and he's understandably slower. And he has doctor's appointments and such, which means he's not here -- a lot. He's also messy... So, it's a slow go. The other guy is also very nice. But, he's only here on Saturday. He works two other jobs. And he's a fantastic worker! This whole thing would be done by now if I had two of him! :>)) But, it's getting done, and they *are* doing a very nice job. So, how can I complain, right?

I've closed off my great room. It's too big; I don't use it often; and this winter is too cold to heat a room I hardly use. I just put heavy plastic on the doorway and over the pass through window. I can really tell the difference! And I think it's going to make a BIG difference in my heating bill too! :>))

I also set up my ten gallon fish tank. I had the fish I keep in my outside pond in a little
2 1/2 gallon tank, but, they were crowded. It looks beautiful! Now, I'm looking for a nice tank stand for it. I don't want a metal one that shows all the wires and such. But, I'm not happy with what I'm finding. I may have to order something... *sigh*

So, I guess I don't have too much to whine about today! And I took a lot of words to whine about nothing! HA! :>))

Whine on, fellow whiners! :>)

Shalom!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

well i managed a short circuit work-out of about 10 mins....i am whining about how much strength i have lost in NOT doing anything except walk back and forth from the parking garage at work or shopping...

sad and disgusted with myself...i know not to dwell on the past (i used to run a 9 min. mile), but getting back to form is going to be a BIG job....(kind of like remodelling the bathroom).
Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - I've noticed a huge difference in your attitude - at least here on Whiners - you seem more upbeat & hopeful. The fact that you're getting back into work-out mode is something to be glad about. I need to do it, desperately.

Teach - It's great you're feeling quite good today! Always nice to have you sharing & whining.

Bam - I think if we could really start losing & get excited about the results, we'd have the motivation we need. I keep losing & gaining the same 10 lbs.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Um...with me it's 50 pounds (probably more)...except this time I'm only gaining.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'm easily irritated today...no one here. Must be hormones.

Argued with dad this morning...he likes to argue probably more than I do...and I stopped watching the 2nd Bourne movie because of a certain character getting killed...that's originally why I stopped watching it the first time around. What a shame, because I loved the first one. Meh. I'm rambling. Par for the course.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm easily irritated today...no one here
Isis is there. Play with her. Nothing like pet-play to put me in a good mood.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hevyn, maybe you can *sprint* up the turnpike and I'll meet you at Exit 9???? we can go to Chili's and order a "diet dinner", LOL.

yes, i am trying to put the positive feet forward...I am chatty to everyone in stores, visit and call my friends, baked a coffee cake for the nice neighbor who keeps helping me in every snowstorm....today i had to run to the store for the stuff I forgot to buy yesterday...I bought sugar cookie dough and plan to implant the cashews in the cookies for the next round of snow....making hot fancy highly caffienated coffees and serving treats insures that my area is snow-free....as for me, I had a granny smith apple for lunch and a burger while shopping...i no longer like Mickey D? it tasted too blech?...i won't be stopping there anytime soon...i would have done better with a slice of pizza.

Petsmart allowed me to use 2 $10.00 grooming coupons on the Samster today! and i still have another $10.00 towards food and litter coming. that put a smile on my face.

i wish i could lay down in the PM to nap...it never works for me.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I bet Sammy looks and feels beeyootiful!

My internet is slow, takes forever (ten seconds) for pages to load... That's an eternity in cybertime. I'd think an old geezer like me would have learned patience by now...
Old 01-30-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My diet is failing me badly. I need to get motivated to do something "different" because my way isn't working. Dang!

You guys motivate me not to give up.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just got a weather alert on my desktop weather channel. A winter storm coming Monday night thru Wednesday night. I will go out tomorrow and make sure I have enough 'stuff' to get me thru the next few days as I won't be going anywhere once the storm hits.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It needs to stop!! We're getting something Tues. or Wed., they aren't hysterical about it yet, but stay tuned.

Bam - I have all 3 Bournes & had trouble following them. I felt so dumb. Need to try again. Love me some Matt Damon, though. Watched "Invictus" yesterday - that I could follow.