Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 51

Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please God please don't let me turn out like my mother!!! I don't think that will be the case as she's been in full 'victim' mode for decades and is dependant on the actions of others for her happiness, and thankfully I don't have that attitude. Must have learned different/better from my dad.

Sitting in the cafe today she saw an elderly couple come in and sighed a deep sigh... I know what's coming... and said, for the millionth time "you know if your dad hadn't left me we'd be celebrating out 60th anniversary this year... sigh..." I am SO STINKING SICK OF HEARING THAT SAME OL' TIRED STORY!!! 'If it wasn't for him leaving her 42 yrs ago she'd be a happier person today...' SICK OF IT!!! She'll never be able to find happiness inside her own self. Never. And constantly brings it up... And gets mad when I say honestly that I love my dad and have forgiven him...

I know she's had a hard life, orphaned, then cheated on and dumped by my dad, but puhleeze - happiness is internal, not external!! She'll never believe that simple fact... sigh...

I'm just glad I have a healthier mindset and am no longer a 'victim' of circumstance!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

i feel so shallow....i did not even read the politics in Hevyn's avatar...I only see warm weather...MEA CULPA! i chuckled at the SNL spoof on the Egyptian president proclaiming upset over poor Comcast internet service being responsible for his people's upset.

I whine I whine before my time....

lots of sun today and 29 degrees....tomorrow it will be a different story.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Originally Posted by least View Post
Please God please don't let me turn out like my mother!!! I don't think that will be the case as she's been in full 'victim' mode for decades and is dependant on the actions of others for her happiness, and thankfully I don't have that attitude. Must have learned different/better from my dad.

Sitting in the cafe today she saw an elderly couple come in and sighed a deep sigh... I know what's coming... and said, for the millionth time "you know if your dad hadn't left me we'd be celebrating out 60th anniversary this year... sigh..." I am SO STINKING SICK OF HEARING THAT SAME OL' TIRED STORY!!! 'If it wasn't for him leaving her 42 yrs ago she'd be a happier person today...' SICK OF IT!!! She'll never be able to find happiness inside her own self. Never. And constantly brings it up... And gets mad when I say honestly that I love my dad and have forgiven him...

I know she's had a hard life, orphaned, then cheated on and dumped by my dad, but puhleeze - happiness is internal, not external!! She'll never believe that simple fact... sigh...

I'm just glad I have a healthier mindset and am no longer a 'victim' of circumstance!
LEAST: I'm never quoted anyone's entire post before. But I'm soooooo shocked that someone has a similar family dynamic with their mother that I'm almost speechless! My father passed away last year and I'm still hearing a bunch of moaning and complaining about their life together. Let me know if you've found a way to deal with the b.s. without flipping out. I still struggle with my temper every time I see her.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Least, you are not your mother. You have wonderful recovery and a great attitude and that takes you on an entirely different (and better) path. Queeny says

I have no whines today, my life is wonderful and I feel terrific...what's wrong with me? I need to snap out of it!!

Whiny is as whiny does.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Ann you have sunshine and warm temps, honey-bell oranges and no rat race everyday.

(i am jealous)!

it is now a *toasty* 32 degrees..but at least we have some sun.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So.....is this a "members only" club, or can anyone whine along?

No specific whines at the moment, but give me time......
Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

anyone who likes to complain is more than welcome....our slogan is "Whiners are Winners"

no whine is too small for us....support and cake for all newcomers!

Ann!!!! get the CAKE...i'll have a slice of black forest cake and a slice of apple pie please..with CREAM!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

my afternoon whine is that the sun is gone and the temps are dropping.....
Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Cake?!!!!!!! I'm totally in!!!!!7
Old 01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

cake, pie, coffee cream, cookies, candy....and not one single extra calorie to ruin your diet and figure!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Whining is a good mental exercise to burn calories... mental calories, anyway.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Weather Whine time....

we are now under the familiar "Winter Storm Warning"....
Old 01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome to Whiners HG.

For all the newcomers and thanks to CMC who is keeper of the Whiny Literature...

The Twelve Traditions of Whiner's Anonymous

1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon W.A. unity.

2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority—the owners, Administrators and Moderators, Greeters and Members of this site as they may express themselves in our group conscience.

3. Our leaders are but trusted servants;but they do govern. The only requirement for W.A. membership is SR membership and a desire to share some whiny ESH.

4. This group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other whiners or W.A.as a whole.

5. Each group has but one primary purpose—to whine about things in a safe environment, have fun, blow off steam and then let it go while moving onward in recovery.

6. A W.A. group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the W.A. name to any related facility or outside enterprise,lest those who do not wish to whine or read other people's whines divert us from our primary purpose.

7. Every W.A. group ought to not to be fully self-supporting, and gratefully accept this venue given to us for the purpose of whining.

8. Whiner's Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our all of our whiners shall remain as special workers.

9. W.A., as such, ought never be organized; because they need to whine about the ups and downs of their lives.

10. Whiner's Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; because most people on the outside ignore whiners anyway.

11. Our public relations policy is based on whining rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of real life if that is what we choose.

12. Anonymity of screen names is optional for those who choose to use real names ever reminding us to place principles before personalities[I]and respect those from other fellowships. What we whine about here stays forever on the internet.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And of course...

W.A. Disclaimer
The WAH! 12 Step Program:

1. Admit you whine.

Just say, "I am a whiner."

2. Admit your whining is a problem.

It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.

3. Seek help to cure your whining.

Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?

4. Laugh at your whine.

Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given the nickname "Loony Tunes," however.

5. Step out of your shoes.

Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?

6. Eat something nasty.

Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!

7. Listen to other whiners.

Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!

8. Make a victim list.

Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.

9. Beat the crap out of your parents.

After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!

10. Beware of falling off the wagon.

Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?

11. Whine to your dog.

They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.

12. Help others.

Help some other whiney-assed ******* with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great.

so have at it!

whine, snivle, rant, bitch, and rave away!!!

"W.A. Disclaimer"... just be prepared for the feedback!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:59 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
It's getting serious now - went out to lunch & used the ladies room - when I went to zip jeans back up - I couldn't! (No bed to lie down on is why.) Had to just snap them & pull sweater down real low.
Today I ripped my pants. Fat thighs + friction = big hole.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
So.....is this a "members only" club, or can anyone whine along?
The more whiners the better.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
11. Whine to your dog.

But I don't have a dog.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

And I don't have the option of being a snow bird...

...Wwwwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 01-31-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

The good part....

The good part about participating in this whine is you don't wake up with a hang over!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for the whiney welcome!!!

BTW, I think extra pounds in the winter is just extra insulation against the cold!!! Plus, I'm in shape.....round is a shape! That's my story and I'm sticking to it......for now.....

My evening whines.....

* I was supposed to have a new introduction written for my manuscript by today and failed to meet that deadline, so I have to keep working on it tonight....blah.

* And hubby and I have both been exposed to folks with the stomach flu.... hoping not to get that!!!!

As she raises her right hand: "I admit that I am powerless over my whining".........