Administrator

Whiners Anonymous Part 51

continued on from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-50-a-20.html

D
Old 01-28-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't get it...alcohol was a real witch to stop and stay away from...why won't/can't I do the same with junk food?
I know I have a lot of obsessions...some good and some not so good. Stuff like food is hard to handle cos you can cut alcohol out ...it's not necessary - but you still have to eat.

I try to maintain a balance - more good food than bad...and at least some daily exercise...but not being fanatical about it...cos thats another obsession LOL...

Bam

D
Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Part 51 already... WA is well into its Golden Years.

Last edited by least; 01-28-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: because I can ;-)
Old 01-28-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bam - I'm right there with you. I have to lose for several reasons, but just now grabbed one of those marshmallow/rice crispies things & wolfed it down without thinking. Then another. I don't even LIKE those things. So I know it's a way to calm myself down when I'm anxious or stressed. I do think when we try to cut out every food we love we're headed for failure, though. Like Uncle Dee said - more good food than bad & some exercise. It's an improvement over what you've been doing, so it would have to make a difference. I do like the "You on a Diet" book - it's very good. Wish I would knuckle down and follow that excellent advice.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That was a mouthful Hev...yowza!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
part time member

MINUS 1
Old 01-28-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank for the new part aunt dee,

please just pencil me in for the Emerald Part

no worries queeny, the old tickers ok, the Doc said so, lol

newb, great news on the lump,

now try to keep the lump out of your head til the OP

sheesh,

i'm ready for a Donut!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

just let me know what/when the emerald part is, first Zip LOL :

D
Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

55? The Emerald Anniversary is 55. Just guessing.

HB - Too much coffee for Hev....
Old 01-29-2011, 02:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hev nailed it aunt dee

i might call it, the Wizzard of Oz Part, lol
Old 01-29-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Now I'm scared - I'm starting to think like RZ.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I see we are working our way to the Columbian Emerald thread (one of my favorite stores in the Caribbean of COURSE)!

i think the food treats are more of a mental game for me....if my head is in the right place, it works...the difficult part is GETTING my head into the right place

in the interim Bam, I have found that if i crave quantity (very important for me too)..i cut the carbs....i can make 2 wraps using lettuce cups...stuff with chopped chicken veggies and some seasoning using a bit of chinese sauce...they are much lower for the calorie count.

I am baking a cinabon coffee cake...and giving it away...my neighbor has been so very kind in the snow..he pushed my car the other am so i could get out to work...and he likes Sammy....

i have no whines today, just grats...i will move over to that thread....i feel good, slept 8 hours and the temps will be 35 today...MELT!

i am sticking with my diet lately, but my head screams for chocolate...i think it is time to get real and get started...i'm tired of carrying around the extra wt. it's not good for my knees or my back....there is no reason i can't act like a grown-up.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Diamonds? Emeralds? Queeny LOVES this thread!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Mmmm....lettuce wraps...might try...I'm hungry now...no breakfast yet....been up playing with the cat. She has so much energy...we've been playing with da bird and her favorite ball...she's not tired yet.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If you can find boston lettuce, it is very cup-like for fillings...PF Chang's uses it and so does Chili's around here...they serve a chix/veg. mixture with orange sauce and peanuts...it is easy to simulate it at home and i add extra veggies.

if you use lettuce instead of traditional wonton/or fajitas it saves a LOT of the calories/carbs.

I put away the Xmas tree (finally) and cleaned the living room...gave Mr. Recycling man lots of boxes and the house is looking more normal...i was going to do this work last Sunday, but decided to get sick and couldn't move except for the bathroom bit.

now i'm moving on to the bedroom cleaning and grocery shopping....another thing i have ignored all week...i have zero fresh fruit in the house, no fresh veg. and cat litter is getting low....i hate getting into heavy traffic and crowds but the weatherman makes me paranoid....i think i should buy more ICE MELT too.

how many days until spring? 2 days in January, 28 for February and 20 for March....time is dragging for a good thaw.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i have to write it down so I do it....i am starting up the treadmill tomorrow AM and dragging out my Urban Rebounder...I used to love that thing...and it does not hurt my knees...I put so much of my "toys" away to make room for Mr. Fandy and his *stuff*...i'm glad I kept his treadmill though, now i just have to use it.

I found my book i had put it away during Xmas...it's called "Picture Perfect Weight Loss", it's not a dieting book, it is a substitution book. written by HOWARD M. Shapiro...i made a mistake when i gave the original information....the woman who worked me at the gym recommended it.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
To Life!

Winter in Touisset, RI

Another storm coming Wednesday.
Another *big* storm.
*sigh*

Went to the pain management clinic yesterday.
A clinician/therapist; two nurses; one doctor and 2 1/2 hours later,
I came away with a plan, two prescriptions, (non-narcotics both),
and some HOPE for the first time in ten years!

Was in such bad pain for over a week, due to the low pressure systems we've been having. It's like I had not been doing *anything* for my back at all! All the aqua PT, the chiropractic visits; the acupuncture visits and corresponding visits were for nothing because of the low pressure systems! And that was confirmed by doctors and the PT. :>( So, I called my doc's office, crying in pain, and asked for a referral. And I got *super* lucky, because, they called me the next day with an appointment! (Normally a month to two month wait to get in!) :>))

One script is a patch; lidoderm. the other is a muscle relaxer. Next week, I go in for a shot of something in that muscle I hurt ten years ago, that has created such havoc. Pain goes down my back, down my arm, leg, numbness in foot and hand, up my neck; headaches that kill, and double and blurry vision - all on the right side. All because some tubbers wouldn't give when I was trying to dig them out! Can you believe it?

And, if that doesn't work, he's going to give me a shot of something in my spine.

So, we've got a plan, anyway. And, today is the first day that I've taken the muscle relaxer and the patch. And, the pain is much less severe. It's still there, but, it's more tolerable. And, I'm not eating tylenol or Ibprophen like it's candy anymore. And that's a good thing! My liver is thanking me for that already!

Ok, whines and gratcies are over.
Whine on, fellow whiners!

Shalom!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Teach

I'm glad you are getting that pain under control.

No whines for me tonight. So instead I will dispense tissues and cheer you all on.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I wish you the best results from your pain therapy, Teach.

I was tired this afternoon so laid down at 4 pm, just now woke up!! Didn't mean to take a long nap, just a short one....now will have trouble sleeping tonight. Waaah...
Old 01-29-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hev
Now I'm scared - I'm starting to think like RZ.

teach,

i think were ready for the Bahamas

and good on the hope teach!