Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 51

Old 02-04-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

then there are those side effects of eating too much FIBER...

yawn...it's been a very long week, nothing bad happened, but the weather is wearing on me. I have fresh eggs and ham steaks from Fandy's mother's farm to take home tonight.

I have tax documents to gather and place for the accountant...it is complicated and i have to get my brother to fax me some tax bills from our jointly-owned house.

I think I get extra deductions for my new high efficiency furnace, hot water heater and front door/and storm door this year...and Sammy is a charitable donation too.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm doing the happy dance cause dk will be gone in an hour. She's moving in with a friend from work... how long that friendship lasts after her moving in remains to be seen...

I've had her (like a millstone around my neck, or an albatross) since Tuesday night. I took her in to save her life cause nmk was threatening to kill her or at least do her bodily harm... and nmk has been known to do just that when she's that angry. (not that nmk didn't have reason to be angry as dk is a selfish sloppy lazy jerk to live with) I took her in until today only so I wouldn't have to be a witness for the defense and the prosecution in the case of dk's murder-by-sister...

I've played nice guy for the last time and told her that if this arrangement didn't work out she had to move in with her dad, who offered to take her!! Don't know why he'd offer to let her live with him and his gf for free when he's had her there before and went nuts over it. Oh well, it's his funeral if he does...

So I'm just killing time until her friend gets here and takes her away from my little corner of heaven... tho the guy with the pitchfork moved in when she did...

Goodnight drama, goodnight moon, goodnight mom jumping off a bridge, goodnight mess, goodnight air foul with curses, farewell noises everywhere... (by Margaret Wise Brown with alterations by me...)

The 'd' in dk also stands for 'dumb' as she's not got a grain of sense, common or otherwise...
Old 02-04-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

the joys of motherhood! in 10 years you may be laughing about it!

they can wear on your last nerve...i'll bet the dogs are relieved too...they can sense the tension.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Bam,

pass the hot sauce

queeny, here's the headache

invis, do they make ice-blowers?

Suki, i hesitate to use pickle juice, lest my neighbors, mailman think I am really losing it
or pregnant

queeny, what about the Golden Bunnie Slippers?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Golden bunny slippers would be very nice, Zipperman. Gold or anything measured in Carats is always quite nice don't you think?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, Ann, I know how you feel about shopping with the hubby. Mine actually likes to come along and hang out, but it just makes me feel pressured to have him around!

Least, may your home return to a peaceful state soon!

Hope ice and snow is being cleared away!!!

And maybe I'll actually get a good night's sleep tonight!!!!

Hugs, HG
Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

She's gone now and I feel much better... so much so that I laid down for a bit and slept for three hours! Dogs were fed late but didn't mind, were just glad to eat.

Signing off, whiners. Nighty night.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am awake wayyy too early for a Saturday. Seems okay right now, I get to watch the sunrise.

But by 3 pm I will be needing a nap...and that's something old people do.

Good morning Whiners. Coffee's on.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:22 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good moaning whiners. Went to bed at midnight and woke up at six am!! Oh well, I had a good nap last evening so I'm ready for a day to do nothing!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:45 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

mor'n least

just love your li'l shopping smiley queeny! lmaso

now wade'a minute queeny,

i take a 15 min'er during the day?

just call me Geeze
Old 02-05-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

a saturday filled with whining.....icing and sleeting and salting and moaning.....it hasn't started yet so i can drag the cat litter in from the car.

a sober saturday filled with chores...starting with some strong coffee and egg salad on toast.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:30 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann - I've never been able to take naps because I won't fall asleep at bedtime, but most everyone I know has always taken them. It's not being old, it's being more sensible.

I had a sleepless night anyway, since dogs heard something out in the yard & kept wanting to go chase it. Ran from window to window, bashing into plants, blinds, & drapes.

Happy Saturday to all.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Poor plants! poor dogs! bad critters! my security motion light kept flipping on last night (while i was watching the hit man cdontract killer saw off someone's hand on Criminal Minds)....the back yard and deck in a solid mass of ice/snow at least 20 inches in depth...i figured i was *safe*....probably the deer searching for food.

i can't sleep well at night, and never during the day unless i am deathly ill (or pregnant as RZ laughlingly pointed out yesterday). thankfully i am neither....i am going on 2 days with good sleep so i have energy.

i have much chores to do and don't want to do anything....so it's time to get started....i have been lazy for too long.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

My one and only whine for today is....I can't stand this miserable weather a second longer! It's been snowing on and off since November. And it's suppose to snow again today! I'm just over it...

That's it...Happy Whining to all!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

I am back for a special weather whine too!!

there is black ice everywhere!! i tried to walk the poor dog across the street and almost fell 3X!....i was windmilling with my arms and got to the safety of the car to cling to...

JFC !!! i can't stand this....i don't care that i can't get 10 feet down the driveway, but i feel bad for the poor dog...even he can't be happy to poop on the ice...it is like trying to walk on a solid slick wet cube.

How many days until the big thaw????
Old 02-05-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

AAARRRRGHHHH! NO MORE SCRATCH OFF LOTTERY TICKETS!

I have a problem. I'm buying too many scratch-offs (and, of course, losing). I like to gamble, and yes, I know it is a very stupid waste of money--it is a losing game. I get that....doesn't change the fact that I love to buy tickets.

No more scratch-offs. I am done.
Maybe the occasional Powerball or MegaMillions (never spent loads on those).

It must be the instant gratification (or in my case, immediate dissatisfaction) that scratch-offs provide.

I'm not really having money problems right now...but I better stop this before I do.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I need chocolate!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey Bam, how about some hot chocolate!?

No naps here, today.....step daughter and toddler grandson are coming over for a bit while her hubby visits with the tax man. So, I'm busy with the cleaning, toddler proofing (like that's possible) and other preparations. My wonderful Mr. HG has been sent to the grocery store. He even goes to the drugstore for me sometimes! Can't whine about that!!!

I guess I have not whines to share at the moment, even though it's cloudy and rainy here, it's not snowy and icy.....

Hugs to all and I'm puttin' on a new pot of coffee! HG
Old 02-05-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Bam, take the amount of $$$ you would spend every day on the scratches and throw it in a jar...Every other Sunday take it out and you are a SURE WINNER!....save the $$ for a big ticket item.

I am employing the new method called "Whine and Clean".....every time i accomplish a major task I get to post it....bear with me....I've folded lots of boxes flat for recycling and put them OUT of the house....exposing more dust bunnies, scrubbed the stove and microwave above it...cooking drips and cat hair are mighty disgusting. washed and folded 2 loads of laundry....

my next major task involves scrubbing the cat box and vacuuming, then mopping floors and sanitizing kitchen counters....UGH!

going for more coffee.....
Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Bam, take the amount of $$$ you would spend every day on the scratches and throw it in a jar...Every other Sunday take it out and you are a SURE WINNER!....save the $$ for a big ticket item.

*sigh*

That's what I told myself I should be doing (sans the jar). I really need to save to get a car (another camera would be nice, too...I can buy that one now....but I'll wait).

My name is Bam and I am a lotto ticketaholic.