Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 51

Old 01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
part time member

Wow....some good whinning going on here. I will wait until we are in the throws of the snowstorm to post the Spring Ticker. Haven't got much to whine about. Daughter went back to school so I can use the computer again.....she sure keeps me busy...gotta love her though.....

Happy Monday Whiners.

oh I forgot..all this talk of snowbirds. We know some people from Ohio who moved to Florida...they say that they are frogs.....they stay until they croak.....
Old 01-31-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

My whine....

The Super Bowl is being held here in the DFW Metroplex. I work in downtown Fort Worth, from where ESPN has decided to broadcast this week. I figured traffic downtown would be pretty bad, so I left the house about 10 minutes earlier than normal. I was still 10 minutes late to work. Seems that in addition to all the extra traffic (which was much worse than "pretty bad"), a water main decided to break in front of parking garage II, which meant even more street closures than had already been done. GAAAAH!!!

It took me 20 minutes to drive from one corner to another. Had to sit through about a dozen revolutions of the traffic lights because everyone was coming from every direction and they all wanted to turn onto the same corner I needed to turn onto.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sports Whines!! a whole new venue!

i think we need to serve wings and blue cheese to dip!

Bam, cat whining is allowed, but they tend to be distainful.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hydrogirl - great to have you & your whines join us. It feels so good to wail, whine & moan your troubles away.

Bam - My jeans I had on have friction holes too. They were always my fat jeans - now even they are giving up on me. They're black & I've mended them 3 times already with thick, black thread - but they are done. Now there's nothing to turn to but sweatpants.

Fandy - If it's the storm that's now in the midwest, they're calling it "One of the Five Worst Storms in History". Not sure what they based that on. I think we're just getting rain out of it in Maryland. Peeps were mobbing the stores today, buying up all the bread & milk. I guess they're afraid of getting Rained In?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

leave us not forget the W.A. Preamble

W.A. Preamble!

Whiners Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their whining problems and help others to recover from whinerism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop whineing.

There are no dues or fees for W.A. membership;

we are self-supporting through our own contributed whines.

W.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization, institutions, TV, radio, or Oprah Book of the Month Club!

does not wish to engage in any controversy, ya right!,

neither endorses nor opposes any causes.

Our primary purpose is to stop whine'n and help other whineaholics to achieve non whinieity.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

the hospital parking garage is closed,

due to it's unsafeness.

had to walk two blocks to get to the main entrance, to only discover a notice telling us where to go.

hhrruummpphh, i'de like to tell them where to go!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So....is there a W.A. "Courage to Change"...?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
That's the sequel, coming out next year. Look for it in your grocer's freezer.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

What is the point of playing the same part in a video game that can only be beaten when the right random sequence is playing out AND the player must do everything in that particular sequence perfectly? AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I must have died over 30 times! I just want to beat this and move on! Video gaming is supposed to be a way to unwind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Try solitaire.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Cool

I think I had more whines till I got on here and read all these funny a** posts. "whineaholics to achieve non whinieity.
I would be a non-entity if that happened lol. Okay so my biggest whine---I live in an apt bldg w/6 units the one across from me has been empty for over 6 or 7 months but before that I had the family from hell. Now it has been rented to a pair of young looking frat boys and when they both run down the stairs it sounds like a herd of ? in the African safari EEK They have only been moving in for 15 minutes and I am like Oh great here we go again and they don't even have their TV or stereo hooked up yet. I understand I live in a community bldg and if I want quiet I need my own house but EEK again I was gonna stay home and relax tonight but I guess I am going to get my a** up off the couch step away from the computer and go to a mtg. Before I go I wanted to say to my new fellow whiners. Keep the Faith all
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi hydrogirl, welcome to the whiniest whiners group you'll ever meet.

Hev.....the eyes aren't hurting as much but the cyst is still there...and the lids on both eyes still feel all scratchy...
TY for asking.

I took a walk to the store today and asked the pharmacist about what is available to treat the problem. I might just skip going to another opthomologist for now and ask my GP to call in a RX for me to try.

I also have the names of two new eye-docs to choose from if that's what it's going to take to get my baby blues back into shape & looking like this rather than this :

stupid dumb cyst
hiding under my eyelid
hope it disappears
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
part time member

whine....I just wrote this whole entry about going to the gas station and they were out of gas and then going to the grocery store but I was forbidden to post so I copied to the clipboard and opened up sr in another browser....thought a snowflake pic would be nice but when I copied it I lost my post...oh well...

I'll save the whine about trying to take pics of daughter and cousin for passports...and going for passports.....yikes.....but it is done!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

HD

we have our version of the Serenity Prayer

Grant Now

and the quick version

Grant

newb, here we are the Donut!

fagedaboud the hole
Old 02-01-2011, 03:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
Yes, it's called "Cleanup, Aisle 6!"

Zipperman, hospitals and trying to get into them are a whole whine world of their own.

I must admit, I love being a snowbird. I'm not sure we can do this every year, but I've learned to live life "one winter at a time" and then kick up my heels.

Happy February 1st, whiners!!! One month closer to spring.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Something woke me up at 4:30am. It was SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN HITTING MY BEDROOM WINDOWS!!! WINDS ARE ABOUT 400 MPH RIGHT NOW!

Oh well, a day off from work for me.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:46 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Try solitaire.
lol

I officially died 20 times...I finally beat it and then went to sleep. I should have looked at the time it took me to beat...maybe I don't want to know.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:46 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome hydrogirl

D
Old 02-01-2011, 03:59 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You all crack me up!!!!

Newby, I totally understand the apartment whine! Used to live across from a guy who was a bit of a "playah" and woke up one morning to find that one of the women whom he had jilted had scratched a word on his door (not for prime time) and poured nail polish all over it. Living in an apartment community is a noisy place!

Bam, I agree with Suki, Solitaire is MUCH easier!

Happy snow day, Suki!

Hmmmm.......not going to be enough coffee in the world today!!!!!

Bahhhhhh!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

OhMY!!! i am very impressed with all the whining and new subjects! angry old GF's noisey neighbors, and my personal favorite...The HOSPITAL PARKING LOT!

RZ you are not alone....I've mentioned that work charges me about $600. a year to park my car in this giant parking deck...every AM i have to stalk someone who is leaving post-call to get a space....it snows, they close the top, and of course what better time to work on the first floor and close it off than peak season? why work when the lot is empty in may and june? this way the parking authority can close off yet another floor and wreak even more havoc!

yesterday I circled the deck for over 20 mins...finally i gave up and parked illegally on the yellow stripes...oh the ASSINITY of the parking powers employees....i hate them some days.

i am off to give grats and exercise.