Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 51

Old 02-03-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
cmc

A few years ago I bought a pole lamp that was on sale. It never looked right in the house but I didn't have the receipt so have been keeping it hidden behind the corner of a huge armoire.

So today I realized that the problem with it was it's height. Brainstorm! I had watched my son assemble the three sections of the pole and remembered how he did the rest of it as well.

I could easily remove one part and it would look great. So although I've never done this before I decided to take it apart & rewire it. (no worries...I unplugged it first!!! )

I got the thing apart and back together again...only to find out that of the two pieces on the top... I used the one that did not screw back into the top part of the lightbulb assembly thingy. duh

It all got unscrewed, unwired and rethreaded very nicely. Feeling so proud of myself and my electrical skills I decided to plug it in next to an upholstered chair in the living room.

Y'know how some things with wires have that little slot for the wire so the base stays flat? WELL....while I was winding the excess cord inside the base (before pluggin it into the wall) I leaned it over the top of the chair and finished tucking the cord.

CRASH!!!

Yep...my reassembled lamp with the cord perfectly tucked, taped & hidden rolled off the chair and the glass shade broke into a million itty bitty teensy weensy pieces all over my tile floor. Sheesh.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
part time member

CRASH!!!

Yep...my reassembled lamp with the cord perfectly tucked, taped & hidden rolled off the chair and the glass shade broke into a million itty bitty teensy weensy pieces all over my tile floor. Sheesh.
I guess it wasn't meant to be....sorry.

I'm thinking that the weatherpeople just told us about a big storm (at least in MI) that actually didn't happen so that we could all go buy stuff at the store because they had stocked up too much stuff for the SuperBowl and people weren't buying.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((least)))) I'm sorry about the whole puddle/tire encounter. Been there.....and it's not fun when the temp is near freezing!!! Hope the kitty comes home soon!

cmc, I guess maybe the lamp was just meeting its cosmic fate? No fun having to vacuum up lamp shade shards, though......yeesh.

Superbowl, it's funny that is so far off my radar. I'm a baseball and hockey sort of gal. Football and basketball never really did it for me......I guess that's why there are so many more beer ads on tv right now.

I'm worried for the people in Egypt since folks are getting killed now. What really raised my hackles was some news outlet seemed to think that in the midst of all of the violence, they should lament the fact that poor Angelina Jolie would not be able to film her next movie which was schedule to be shot in Egypt!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?! That's what's important?!

Hope everyone else is feeling better, digging out, getting some much needed rest!!

Hugs, HG
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

In the middle of a divorce, my Xhusband and I were arguing overwho was taking what...one item in question was futuristic "mushroom lamp" with a big alien globe light shade.

Neither of us would give in....The CAT solved the decision...he leaped on the table caught the cord in his foot and the lamp crashed to the tile floor..we watched it happen...I looked at my Xhusband and told him "you can have it...I'll keep the microwave"

on moving day he got me back by running off with the coveted cordless phone..it was the size of a football with a 10 foot collapsible antenne...

oh how silly it all was, how worked up we both got....i can still see him ripping the bedspread off the bed and running down the driveway...he took that and a bottle of vodka and moved out....and I wished he had left the vodka.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Least
I sprayed vinegar on my frozen-shut car doors - going to try the cooking oil way of keeping the doors from freezing shut - did the cooking oil tip on the weatherstripping on the three doors that would open, hopefully will keep them from freezing shut (using extra virgin olive oil)
I'm thinking your vehicle is quite pickled by now and may soon be eligible to serve as a meals-on-wheels deli if you throw some cold cuts into the mix!
:rotfxko

Fugheddabout the groundhog...

SR is sooooooooooooo slow...whassup with that?

Ditto...there was so much crappola at the grocery store today for the game on Sunday.

One big score on sale: "COFFEE"

I bought 3 bags of my favorite "Blueberry Cobbler"...if the taste alone wasn't heavenly enough, the aroma spreads through the house while it's brewing.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(and then I go out and shovel sludge)...wwwaaahhhh
Old 02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Fandy
In the middle of a divorce, my Xhusband and I were arguing overwho was taking what...one item in question was futuristic "mushroom lamp" with a big alien globe light shade.

Neither of us would give in....The CAT solved the decision...he leaped on the table caught the cord in his foot and the lamp crashed to the tile floor..we watched it happen...I looked at my Xhusband and told him "you can have it...I'll keep the microwave"
Old 02-03-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's hard to be depressed after reading this page... :rotfxko

I'm thinking your vehicle is quite pickled by now and may soon be eligible to serve as a meals-on-wheels deli if you throw some cold cuts into the mix!
:rotfxko
Old 02-03-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

I came here to whine and Fandy made me laugh so much I forgot what I wanted to whine about!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I agree that blueberry coffee smells great.....but i can't drink it??/ i'm a hazelnut, butter toffee woman...but i will take a blueberry wheat dunkin donut any day of the week....I am lusting after the reverse boston creams with chocolate....of course i refuse to buy them...because i would shove 6 of them in my mouth...

perhaps i have secret donut-a-holic tendencies? another addiction battle looming....i could go for a big piece of CAKE too.....sigh! sticking with a healthy diet...and yesterday being ill, i only had gingerale...today it was a banana, 3 strawberries and 1/2 english muffin.....then soup...i diden't want to take a chance of getting ill at work.

The Perdue chicken commercial is so silly....why WOULDN'T they keep their chickens on a non-animal byproduct diet???? isn't that what chickens eat? GRAIN? do they give them hamburgers? other chickens? ham and eggs?

maybe i can exercise extra hard tomorrow AM and then stop at dunkin donuts???? do they meetings for such addictions? what do they serve? carrots? veggie stix? chips?

somehow it seems so wrong....
Old 02-03-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
do they meetings for such addictions? what do they serve? carrots? veggie stix? chips?....
Fands...it's yes>OA*, healthfood, yes, yes and no.
*(Overeathers' Anon)

btw...I love Krispy Kreme donuts and recall some diet guru saying that it's okay to eat just one. JUST ONE??? Impossible!

Originally Posted by Chloe03 View Post
I came here to whine and Fandy made me laugh so much I forgot what I wanted to whine about!!!!
Spot on Chloe.
This is what WA is all about.
It's the paradox of whining.
Thus the meaning of the slogans: "Whiners are winners"

The WA whining-paradox-whine-ku. (aka: A little whine goes a long way)

Whiners are winners
our whines are never wasted
but relished instead

and....
Here's one more:

we come together
to complain and to find some
Commiseration

Last edited by cmc; 02-03-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: oops
Old 02-03-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The WA whining-paradox-whine-ku. (aka: A little whine goes a long way)

Whiners are winners
our whines are never wasted
but relished instead

and....
Here's one more:

we come together
to complain and to find some
Commiseration

Cmc, ya got the whineku touch, I swear. A whineku genius among us, I kid you not. And you just keep crankin' 'em out. Whineku is definately an art and you are a master.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oooooo.....love the whineku's!!! cmc and least, you are brilliant at it!

Mmmmm, doughnuts....love the DD blueberry wheat! Plus, there's a Krispy Kreme store out by the airport here that has a big sign that lights up when they are fresh out of the over or fryer or however they are made....still warm and fresh and....er......Hi, I'm HG, and I'm a doughnutaholic.....!

Fandy, I just got back from a giant international poultry expo in Atlanta (long story)....you don't want to know what they feed chickens at the big factory farms, trust me....
Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
cmc

Least....Ty for your kind words.
I dunno about that but I do like to write them and this thread with all of you wunnaful whiners inspires me.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Queeny is sooooo proud of you, girl!!!

hey queeny,

LaF mentioned down in Grats,

it's the year of the Golden Rabbit

are you perchance getting a pair of Golden Rabbit Bunnie Slippers?
Old 02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Winter Whineyku...

Least has vinegar
And virgin olive oil too
Just add baloney

...and it's a Mama C'Least Cuisine on wheels!

And we even have dessert!

Slim Shady Stray came crying at the door.

Former food dish was buried in the snow.

Put fresh food out with some canned on the side.

...A Chez Stray Smorgasbord...

Haven't seen Mother Jones in a while.

Am sure she's inside somewhere doing fine.

She's always been a resourceful one.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Che

Waking is painful.
Do I miss the illusion?
I don't really know.

It's time to change gears.
I'll adopt another view.
Good-bye, yesterday.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Che View Post
Waking is painful.
Do I miss the illusion?
I don't really know.

It's time to change gears.
I'll adopt another view.
Good-bye, yesterday.
Great whineku, Che.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

and you know i love donuts HB!

wonder what mr/ms weather people have instore for us this weekend

vs.

what mother nature has instore for us

could be a real whine'r roo-ski weekend
Old 02-04-2011, 03:52 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Whiner-rooski? a russian winter? more snow and ice stuff here tomorrow.

the pillsbury site has a great spinach parm pull-a-part monkey bread with mozz. and garlic...i may try it.

I buy my eggs from Fandy's "biological" mother, my friend...she has a small working farm and i KNOW what she feeds her chickens...there is a vast difference in the shell thickness and color of the yolk..they are never more than 4-5 days old and she delivers them to my office fridge...i would rather give the $3.00 to her than the grocery.

she also sells me natural american pork and lamb. baaaa!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

My mouth is burning...too much hot sauce.