Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 51

Old 02-04-2011, 04:28 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good ol' olive oil
failed to do the trick today -
doors are frozen shut!!

Good moaning whiners. Hope you all slept well and woke up happy, no wait, this is Whiners, not Grats... sorry...

Busy day today but it's all good. Taking care of my gas bill, paying three other bills, and getting groceries and dog-stuff. I've got gas in my tank and coffee in my brain. I'm ready for Friday!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

BAH!! They said we would get 1-2 inches of snow overnight. It's more like 5-6 inches covering a layer of ice. No way to see traffic lanes, half the traffic lights are on blinking red causing huge backups, temps not expected to get out of the teens today.

Oh well, another day off from work for me. I've only worked two days this week.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I can't read the print here this morning, I know I can adjust this on my computer somewhere but it will take me a while to find it.

If anyone knows how, please post and save this old whiner a headache.

Morning Whiners! Happy Friday.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Mornin' whiners....coffee's on.....

Ann, lower right-hand corner above where your time is displayed on the blue bar (this is assuming you having a Windows XP or 7 sort of OS), there should be a "100%" with a down arrow next to it. Click on the down arrow and select your percent increase, so to speak.....I sound like one of the male enhancement ads now! :rotfxko

Good luck!

HG
Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you use Firefox, hold down the Ctrl button while scrolling the wheel on your mouse. Scrolling the wheel up makes it bigger, scrolling down makes it smaller. That may work with IE, too. My computer doesn't show the "100%" in the bottom corner. My computer at work does though.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

Oh thank God, I thought we might go 72 hours with out a snow storm coming through, my snow-blower gets upset if he's not used at least twice a week.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The dog-yard is so ice covered it's hard for them to 'stoop and poop'... Poor little legs just slide out from under them...
Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I just keep pouring rock salt on the melted and refrozen stuff....i figure it is cheaper than falling and bruising my poor body.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I read somewhere that pickle juice will melt ice. I guess it's the acid, like in the vinegar. Anyway, I've got a jar of pickle juice in the fridge. When I get the inspiration, I'm gonna put some out on the front porch steps and see how it works.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Che

What is happening?
The mind made a decision.
Thought bodies had ears.

The pace of the heart.
Nothing's faster after all.
Minds can't escape it.

Here endith the whine-ku. *gong* Honestly stress is so annoying. No matter how much you want to rationalize something the body will decide how it feels on its own sometimes :P Hopefully some of it stays in the whine-ku, anyway.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Suki, i hesitate to use pickle juice, lest my neighbors, mailman think I am really losing it.

tomorrow AM brings more mess to my area...the "wintery mix" is forecast. ugh!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hey Least thanks for that visual i now have of dogs pooping and falling on their butts:rotfxko Okay so today's whine the stupid bill collectors call at 8am they are friggen relentless they said if I pd like 50 bucks that would get me current w/my payments. What part of I am not working and to me its more important for me to have a roof over my head and eat don't they get? So I will pay but I am only sending in 1/2 of that. Geez

Last edited by newby1961; 02-04-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
part time member

Mr LTT started another project. He decided to fix the cracked grout in the shower. He took off the door and took out the grout and has left it like that saying it has to dry. We have to shower in the other bathroom (that I want to DEMOLISH...IT IS DISGUSTING) and stand in water since the drain is so slowww..and he went snowmobiling this weekend so guess he won't be finishing anytime soon. I think I read somewhere that the not finishing projects is a form of adult ADAD or something.

Oh well...it is Friday and I can catch up on my tv shows...

Happy Friday...is it ticker day?

p.s. I didn't know about that 100% at the right bottom...good to know..and I consider myself a computer geek.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I'm a big fan of pouring a gallon of cheap bleach down a slow drain....it eats the hair and soap build-up.

I am going to address my taxes to take to the accountant this weekend....my refund equals my 2nd bathroom remodelling project! time to stop procrastinating.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks all for helping me. Suki, the control scroll thing helped, but what really worked best was clicking on "View" at the top, then "zoom in".

I use Firefox and have Windows Vista (which I don't like but got stuck with when I bought my laptop).

Anyway...I can see clearly now and am ready to whine.

It's an old whine, and getting older all the time...but I really really dislike shopping with Bubba. Man, it's like he has a whistle or something, when he's done he's DONE. Well, Queeny may not be done and she sure hates being rushed. We're on vacation and only have one car, so that means we pretty much shop together. Too much togetherness is not a good thing.

*Ends Whine and Harummmph's Off*
Old 02-04-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sorry Queeny, I'm with Bubba on this one. I HATE to shop. When I shop I move at the speed of light, to get done and get back home. I do not 'linger' in any store. Now my exbf was very feminine in that he could go to the mall, or any damn store, and be there all day, moving like a turtle and just hanging around... I quit going shopping with him shortly after our first shopping trip together... Told him he's got too much estrogen in his body...

I am now enjoying my third cup of coffee (espresso!) as I've done my duty for the day (not counting two hours of grandson-care in a bit) and paid the rent, bills, and gotten all my dog/cat/people food and supplies for the month. All I've got to do now is vacuum the house before I get lost in the mounds of dog hair...

Don't have much money left over but the bills are PAID!!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

why is there no cake around the office today? no cookies? no chocolate?

i could eat 6 donuts right now! all i have are a few tricuits, PLAIN.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
It's an old whine, and getting older all the time...but I really really dislike shopping with Bubba. Man, it's like he has a whistle or something, when he's done he's DONE. Well, Queeny may not be done and she sure hates being rushed. We're on vacation and only have one car, so that means we pretty much shop together. Too much togetherness is not a good thing.

*Ends Whine and Harummmph's Off*

Hey Queenie?
Do you need me to drive over there for five-alarm-steel-toe-bunny-slipper KB rescue?

We could go shopping and leave KB behind in the dust. :rotfxko

Fish have to swim and
birds have to fly in the sky
but a gal must shop
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Least - You & Mr. Hev would be a perfect pair. He knows better than to complain, but puts on this fake smile (as he hovers over me) and says stuff like, "Oh, I didn't know we were shopping for that today....."

Hydro - We are in Perdue country here - chicken houses everywhere. Not very pleasant when they turn on the fans.

Suki - that's a cool trick. I just set mine to 110%. This technophobe never knows these things.

Fandy - Triscuits (Plain) are not going to cut it when we are jonesing for sweets.

No snow or rain today? Seriously?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by cmc View Post
Hey Queenie?
Do you need me to drive over there for five-alarm-steel-toe-bunny-slipper KB rescue?
Yes!

I normally don't care much for shopping, going from shop to shop looking for something when I am busy and have other things to do.

But I am on vacation. I have all the time in the world. And there are big huge sales out there, some 80% off....and normal prices are still half what I pay in Canada...and I can buy lots and lots of things in just one store. I "saved" Bubba $88 earlier this week, and that was in just under an hour.

And Florida clothes and shoes are just so pretty...fit for a Queen like me. And what I buy here now, I won't need to buy when I go home.

Okay, I think I am done the shopping whine.