Notices

August Sobriety Part 9

Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good Morning All...

Another beautiful day here....wish I was off and outside!!!!

I have been a bit stuck lately on something someone had said to me awhile back. I don't agree with their view of the situation. They sort of asked for my opinion, but, truly, I don't think they really wanted my response.

My readings this morning were just what I needed!!!! I am letting it go, and trying to remember that this person is hurting right now. No need for them to occupy space in my head. I can be there if they need me. If not, I will just keep on keeping on.

Hoping everyones hump day is a good one!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I made it to my meeting last night also. I wanted to just go home as it was a 13 hour day at work, but I knew I needed to hit the meeting. I am soooo glad I did. The topic was "how did we feel inside when we were drinking"? On the outside and to others, it may have appeared that we had it all together, but what was going on inside with ourselves?

I could really relate to that because I was one that appeared to have it all together. Wife, house, kid, cars, toys, hobbies, all of the material things. But I was down right miserable on the inside. Suicide thoughts were starting to creep in, paranoid, just all around a sick person.

So glad I found a way out and finally have an inner peace than I have never experienced before. aaaaahhhhhhh. Life is good.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'll go to the training (work) part and skip the fun part afterwards.
it gets easier... i have found i dont even want to go to the 'fun parts' any longer !! good luck

have been a bit stuck lately on something someone had said to me awhile back. .
i have recently had that experience too anew... it was suggested that i pray for them , i did for weeks (there was more than one person i held a resentment against!! )

it worked.. i can now be happy for them, and more at peace with my self.. i do know i have to keep on praying though coz those resentments slip back in easy!

my sponser reminded me they were sick too.. that did help. there is a resentment prayer in the BB. sorry i dont know what page..

good luck xx

So glad I found a way out and finally have an inner peace than I have never experienced before. aaaaahhhhhhh. Life is good.
ditto!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Kate...

I just re-read your post and wanted to thank you for your honesty. Sometimes when I am skimming thru, I come back and re-read when I have time.

Have any of you read the book, "Moments of Clarity" by Christopher Lawford Kennedy?

It is a very good book, especially for those of us that struggle.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

no.. but i'll certainly keep an eye out for it.. i am reading road less travelled atm, an oldie but a goodie im told

thanks anew
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

well folks,

so far so good. my stress level is off the charts but i'm staying strong. i'm having a hard time sleeping and find myself really wishing for a glass of wine in the evening...i hate thinking about alcohol all of the time, but i figure that it's better to think about alcohol than to drink it. i'm just focusing on getting through the next two weeks! anew, never heard of this book, but i'd like to check it out.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Camden..you might try melatonin if you are having trouble sleeping, Very safe, non-addictive. Stay strong you can do this!!!

Anono..that is a good book, a classic.Sometimes you do wonder though..maybe there is a reason no one takes the road less traveled..hahaha.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey scout, if you are feeling stressed try exercise. Go for a run, even if you are not a runner. If you are not a runner, running a mile or two will leave you exhausted. A 20 - 30 minute run can do wonders for your stress level, it's good for you, and you will be too tired to drink.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey Peeps, happy Thursday.

I chaired my last meeting for April last night. It went very well and was a good meeting: the topic was selfishness and trying to run everything.

I think I am going to take May off and then sign up to chair again in June. Maybe a BB meeting this time. It was a tad bid stressful choosing and getting someone to be the discussion leader each week.

Tuesday night was our BB meeting and we are reading The Family Afterwards. That is a really good and eye opening part in the BB. I shared how my way of communicating alcoholically was to simply not communicate. I had issues I was upset over and I chose to get drunk instead of facing them.

Even now it is hard for me to communicate with others and my husband. Opening up is difficult and I guess it will be a learning experience.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Scout, I'd be lying to tell you one book or another that's helped me... I don't read for those type of reasons, never have. Buuuttt... while I agree that it's better to be thinking on alcohol instead of actually drinking it, why not think of something else altogether?

Takes the same energy, and...

So what, you're new here, well... what do you like out of life? A year ago I couldn't have answered that question, nowadays I know enough to know that the question is out there and I can maybe make some kind of ironic statement about it... but that's not why I'm here. Still can't tell you what I like.

Heck, wine has tanins. I neither know nor care what they are--it's the arrogance of a whiskey drinker--but you should not drink wine 'cause a tanins...

Feel free to substitute your own reason.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi all...
Bananagrrrl- I like that chapter in the Big Book. I tend to get all wrapped up in me, why I drink, don't drink, blah blah...and need to be reminded of how selfish that is. I either clammed up and didn't talk about things, mainly, because I didn't want to fight. Or...
I had a few drinks and that got me talking, almost egging on a fight...go figure.

Yesterday I attended a 12 and 12 meeting. It was good. A woman that was in detox this weekend...tiny little thing, adorable to look at, but, her BAC was off the charts. Anyway Monday she is doing very well, on Tuesday she is ok., yesterday, she drank before the meeting. A nice visual reminder of the insanity of this disease.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good Morning All....

TGIF!!! What does everyone have planned for this weekend?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm playing my first match tomorrow with the men's travel tennis team I'm on. I'm a bit concerned that I might be in over my head. I was hoping to play on the travel team next winter so this is sooner than I expected. I'm going to try not to embarrass my self Saturday. On Sunday I'll probably be too sore to move.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

That is exciting Zebra! I am sure you play better then you think.

I understand though what you are saying about being sore.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I am happy to say I have no plans. Friday nights are my favorite because I get some alone time while my husband is hanging out in the basement. (man cave)

I like to get in my PJs and watch movies or read on the couch with my dog at my feet. Sometimes I stay up too late, but then we both sleep in on Saturdays.

I might get some more herbs for my herb garden and plant them. I am really not planning anything to strenuous.

Oh, going to a meeting on Sunday morning.

Have a great weekend all.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I should add, I'm going to a meeting Sunday night.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

There is a special tonight on ABC's 20/20 about women alcoholics. I am going to try to watch this, or record it is I can't.

I have been fighting some virus the past two days. I swear, it has been my luck lately to pick up every and any bug that is around. I almost think I am going to fast and totally clean out my body!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
KC1

Yes! I saw this on the commercials, too. Going to try to tape it!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:43 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
KC1

6:45am and I am off to the golf course. A beautiful day here - sunny and hot! Then going to the racetrack with a few friends who want to bet on the Kentucky Derby and then back home to just hang out. I want to just "veg" tonight and do nothing. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I taped the 20/20 episode from last night. Haven't watched it yet. I want to be in the right frame of mind when I watch it. My kids are with me this weekend so it's busy, busy, busy ... running here and there to tennis, softball, grocery shopping, dog park (it's a beautiful day), laundry, bills, etc. Drinking is not on the agenda