Notices

August Sobriety Part 9

Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I am hoping when all my friends are here, they will tell me how much better I look. I don't think they knew how bad my problem was, and I haven't told them. I mean, in college we all got wasted a lot together.... isn't that what all college kids do? haha. But we have all grown up now and as far as I know I am the only one that carried the old drinking patterns into adulthood. One is a teacher/EMT, the other is head of security for a very large hospital in Chicago, and the other is a DCI agent for the state of SD in the drug enforcement department. So I think they are all doing well.

I am not really working today. Since my brother is in town, we are taking the day off to spend at the lake with them. Yes Anew, you can start giving me crap now. haha.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

TB-my prayers for your safe journey, and courage to handle your affairs. Please check in with us when you have internet again...I will be thinking of you!

Bdiddy...physically, I would say your friends would be blind not to notice the changes in your weight. But, I believe your spirit, your very essence is what has changed more..and that inward change is what is more noticeable.

GAG-not working today...what is this the 4th long weekend in 2 months????
Seriously though enjoy your time off.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Oh, and I am not working Monday either. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon to go to my wife's hometown three hours from where we live. Her sister is home from New York for a few days, so spending time with her also. Just giving you more ammo to tell me what a slacker I am.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

S-L-A-C-K-E-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sober slacker though)
Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

haha. Yeah, can't even disagree with you Anew. Being self employed has its benefits. However, I do put in some very long hours when necessary also. It pretty much balances itself out.

Went out to dinner with my bro and his wife. Had a great time and we all drank diet soda. Then we went to the movie "Grown Ups" and it was great! You guys all need to see it. My parents watched all of our kids and we had a great evening together. SOBER!!! Tomorrow we leave for my wifes hometown to spend some time with her parents and her sister from New York. Should be fun, and I am bringing my golf clubs.

Hope you all are having a great, sober day. I went wake boarding today, and my body is going to hate me in the morning! But I haven't done that for three years! Thank you God for my sobriety.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

I wanna be a sober slacker.

Actually, I can't wait till Wednesday when I can focus on getting a job and only getting a job. Then I can work it till I get lots of money and then be a sober slacker.

I'm here, safe, 1/2 way to where I gotta be. Take care y'all. <3
Old 06-26-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

hiya all... just a pop in to say g'day... ive just got back from putting my girls on a plane to NZ... 2 week holiday !! for all of us!!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

g'day back atch ya

It is a good day here, low 80's, nice breeze, sunny skies.

Then there is the 10 cubic yards of mulch I ordered dumped in my driveway, that I'm shoveling into a wheel barrow and carting around my yard. I'll sleep well tonite.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
KC1

So I am back to Day One. Won't go into the details of the slip up. I'd been doing really well. Got an herbal supplement called Kudzu which is supposed to help reduce alcohol cravings. I am past my trigger points for today and so far so good. We'll see how it works in the long term. My golf game sucked today. Bad. Very bad. Tomorrow is another day for both sobriety and golf. Hope everyone is doing well. I have been trying to follow the posts when I get home from work, but it's been later and later each night so it's been tough.

KC
Old 06-26-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Welcome back KC.

I've seen you posting in the June 2010 class and I'm glad you are still posting in this thread too. This group started in August of 2009 and I'm not sure if any of us have been alcohol free since then, we've all had our slips.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Man, am I glad I'm not drinking... I spent my drinking money for the next month on this weekend, sheesh.

Tire balded itself yesterday (that accident in LA knocked my alignment off a little, I just didn't care enough) enough for me to change it, had to buy 2 of them in a small town. Yeah, that pretty much cost me about 3 weeks worth of liquor money right there, the whole weekend is running me a lot anyways. I was justifying it by the obvious--it's not a failure to appear yet and I don't aim to get one. But now it's gonna keep me sober if I wanna last a month ('bout as far as the money'll take me no). It's one of those diagrams I remember in math, where the two lines intersect at the best possible point... I always do that with my budget. Only now there is no drinking money anyways.

But I'm safe, hanging out here with some corn. It does look kinda pretty when there's lots of it and some wind. I'll be offline again tomorrow, on the road... Eek it's getting close. I should be worried about court, I'm just worried about the logistics of getting there and back. I'm strange.

Take care ya'll.
TB
Old 06-26-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday Everyone :)

Life is good...

I hope you all have a peaceful night's sleep!
Sweet Dreams! :)

Love,
Old 06-26-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just in case I'm not here and you guys post 50 posts behind my back or something....time for a new thread

New part here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-10-a.html

D