Notices

Members with less than 2 weeks -Part 10

Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Changed Course

5 days here. Rough going, but going nonetheless. Just trying to keep my eye on the ball, as I know the rewards will be great. Congrats to you all, this is really the testing period for most. It's like a prehistoric amphibious creature crawling out of the muddy water to forever breathe air and no longer water(alcohol in my case).
Old 01-14-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Been traveling for work for the past two days, but day 12 is tomorrow.

Congrats Ananda! Hope to join you soon.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

180.....Welcome back....
Please PM me for important information
Thank you.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Malcolms.....good to know your doing so well..

Thank you for starting the Jan-10 group
Old 01-16-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Just stoped in to see how everyone is doing
Old 01-16-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Day 13 is nearly done.

So I went out tonight for the first time in like 2 years(always preferring to stay home by myself and drink) I sat in a bar with a friend and a few of his friends I hadn't met for like 4 hours watching everyone around me drink and I didn't really feel any pressure to do so myself. Didn't even really feel an urge to.

I still had a good time over all I spent much less money then everyone around me(only bought way over priced food).

And all this from an alcoholic who would put away a 1/2 gallon of whiskey on the weekends.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Day 14 underway, No chance I'll be drinking today... so I will be graduating from this thread. I would like to thank all those who have shared their story and have given support. The forum really helped me, more so in those first few difficult days with cravings.

Last night I had a dream that I had a drink and i was so upset at myself, I was so relieved when I woke up and found that it was only a dream.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Excellent job, Krodos! SR is an amazing resource and welcome 180! I hada random thought last night....I used to drink between 5-7:30 pmish. So, with that thought in mind....an activity which lasted only 10% of my day affected 99% of my life. God,that's a sobering thought....
Old 01-17-2010, 07:25 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Krodos! Congratulations.....

I do hope you continue to stay SR connected
if not on this thread....please post on another.
Spport and information are soooo helpful
and now you can share yours with another...

Well dpme.....
Old 01-17-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

CarolD, I'll definetly be staying. Being 2 weeks sober is a great accomplishment, but staying sober for the long haul will be a constant battle. I may get too cocky and think i have it beat only to start back up if I don't continue to participate here. I'm sure there will be future social situations where I will be tempted and will need support with as well.

I was more saying goodbye to this particular thread.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

I'm also on day 14 and moving on from this thread (but not from SR). Yesterday was my most challenging situation so far, being at my sisters wedding, but I made it. Not that it is easy sailing now, but I am so happy I could make it through something like where everyone was drinking and not fall off.

I'll be posting at the under 30 day thread, and the Jan 2010 thread, where it has been great to talk to so many other people trying to get sober. Thanks, Carol, Anna, and everyone on SR for this thread, it has been a lifesaver, and thanks to all the support I've gotten from all the other newbies on here.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Congratulations Malcoms ....

The longer you are sober the easier it becomes

Take care....because we do
Old 01-17-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Administrator

Malcolms,

I am thrilled to see you moving on!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

180 and wallford...love to hear how things are going for you.

Also...recent graduates..please join us on the 30 day and under thread....we all need support (hug)

I would have been in the 2 weeks and under thread for most of August-December if I had been honest and humble enough to seek help.

I'm so grateful for everyone who posts here (hug)
Old 01-18-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

I have enjoyed coming to this thread and reading the courage of you have found sobriety. I didn't want to come back like this. I feel like such a fool. I hope to have another day one here very soon.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope so too Larry

D
Old 01-19-2010, 05:47 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

As you know.....the sooner you stop
the easier it will be.....
Plese check with your doctor and start again.

Welcome back Dean....
Old 01-19-2010, 06:34 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dean, I am very happy to see you back here.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

I suck, feel like my name should be RERUN. Had two weeks at Christmas and drank the day after. Drank New Years Eve then quit New Yeard day. Blew it again on the 15th of January. I know it's a one day at a time thing for a lot of us that attend AA meetings. But there still has to be some way to puts weeks and months together without a drink. Don't tell me about the third step prayer I've already said it so many times. Really embarrassed myself last night I drank and suffered mentally from it greatly for several days. I'm hopeing that may stick for a while. Also felt like a whole different person physically like my blood sugar was on tilt!! Thankfully it was an old girlfriend I'm hooked up with on facebook and decided to reach out on the phone and talk to while three sheets to the wind. I hate when i do **** like that. It's even worse when you let go of a drunken email to someone who you care about and say stupid stuff. It's right there in your sent file to mortify and humiliate you for as long as you care to keep it. Thanksfully I managed to escape the notice of my wife and stepdaughter because they work such wierd shifts as nurses. God gave me that break at least which I really do appreciate. I'm worried about some complications with my unemployment insurance that i should be able t collect for some time to come. However I took a little part time job and the income I reported and the fact I was 1099 self employed may disqualify me. i't's so freaking complicated and I just have to wait and see. Gods speed to all you getting your two weeks under your belt and moving on to the next thread. That goes for everyone else whether it's one day sober or just ready to jump in and give it a go. I do know I'm so much better off than the years I spend like the last 10 drinking more than half a fifth of whiskey every night.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Steppen51

Just keep taking it a day at a time...keep talking to people, keep moving forward on your steps...you'll get this sobriety lark - if I can anyone can LOL

D