# 121 (permalink)  

when is the funeral CG????????
Old 03-07-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Off to Tesco's wish me luck
Old 03-07-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
getting there

For the egg or for my coworker? The egg has been memorialized, the other is tomorrow afternoon .

Got a lemon poppyseed cake with cream cheese frosting. Hopefully it will be good enough!

Good luck Pixy! I assume Tesco is like a grocery store? I did my grocery shopping last night around 9:00 and it was awesome - no one there. On the flip side, grocery shopping on Friday night = no life. Oh well.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Tesco's is a horrible supermarket and that is exactly where I'm going too! I love IKEA's furniture but their shops are the third circle of hell! In fact, my computer where I am typing right now is on a wonderful IKEA unit that took days and days to assemble!

You don't need seperate rooms for lodgers if you accomodate them like I do, lol!!

I'm feeling quite good too. Centred! (that's "centered" in American!) I've stopped trying to manage my own life and turn it over to my HP every morning. And it brings me a little peace deep inside me. (sorry to go balmy on you, but that's what AA does to one!)

I'm sure I shall return from Tesco's not at all peacefull, in fact, very ratty and irritable! See you soon.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

hey LB..you know i don't do the god thing..just the aa..but it's all about finding what you beleive and living it so you are doing super babe!!!!!

I have to remember what i can and can't manage, I sure as hll know i cant manage someone elses life

(note on lodgers....5 bedrooms, 5 beds...only have to wash sheets once a week) hope no one gets on me about that
Old 03-07-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Hello folkies

I fair fed up watching 0 - 0 draws, I can tell you !!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I will swap you for the 4-0 hammering Spurs gave us mid week!

I dread to think what will happen tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

and the intrepid grocery shopper returns. Oh, no one's here, great! I was expecting some sort of parade! Off to put the kiddies to bed, it is half ten and they are only six! (my youngest has a friend sleeping over.)

Night, night peeps, maybe!

LBx
Old 03-07-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

LB my youngest has gone for a sleep over. Gosh I miss him hes too young to go away over night. Hes 9yrs old I know i'm over protective.

Why are half the shelves empty in Tescos?? what is that all about? Is it too much to ask just to walk in the store and back out with what u went in there for?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Hi folks, checking in.

For no discernible reason I've been on a bit of a bender. (Nands has quite rightly poo pooed my excuse).
However things haven't gone downhill (yet!) and it's my 36th b'day on Tuesday which is a great cut off point.
I've been investing in Art Deco furniture, I've joined a Medieval re-enactment society and the big f---ing rock I was using to hammer my fencing stakes into the allotment, cracked in half to reveal a fantastic 500 million year old, pre Cambrian, fossillised tree fern.

Strange days, I don't feel I deserve to be so content. If I carry on boozing past Tuesday, without a doubt, things will go pear shaped.

Hope your all well, Wonky, where are ya?
Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Thank fook thats over....

I've been undertaking a ground breaking study into social drinking.

I obviously took this seriously and managed to actually convince myself that it was actually possible for me to drink with friends etc.

This was going really well...well it was as long as the plan was for me to have "social" reasons to drink most days. I'd have the odd day when I didn't drink at all (thus proving I can't possibly be an alcoholic).

Well my boozy chums this stepped up a gear this weekend as my wife has been away all weekend. Foooooooook me I've had some booze. I mean foooooooooooooooooooook me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I knew this was going to happen, absolutely knew it... But I still had to do it.

So i'm out the other side, not as cocky perhaps... feeling dreadful in my own little self inflicted hell

Why have I stopped today? 12 weeks today I run my first marathon. I've done very little training so far but am starting properly training tomorrow (i'm too hungover to start today). I've run 1/2 marathons a few times but this will be a massive challenge.

The reason i've failed every time in the past to stop drinking is I've always let social events de-rail me... theres always something to go to, always friends to go out with.

So my plan is to tell all my friends i've quit drinking for 12 weeks while I train for the marathon.
I told possibly my most boozy friends yesterday and because i'm running for charity seemed very very supportive.

If I can manage this situation then I can do this.

I thought about starting a thread in the main section but its over run with drama queens and nutters!!!!!!!!!

They don't need another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:02 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Oh and...

YouTube - Trunk Monkey Compilation
Old 03-08-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Welcome back Donkey (did you pick your name for the famous stuborness of the animal).

Simple words, stop experimenting, you can not drink!!!!

Ha Ha look at me being stern, a woman with six whole days behind her, listen to my wealth of experience Donkey and stop getting pissed! (Seriously though it is time to face up to what you have known for a long time).

Nevertheless I am glad you are ok and still trying, a marathon are you crazy! Oh of course you are!!

I seem to have caught the Fizzy exclamation mark disease!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:18 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Morning all :ghug

I'm a running a little late as always. Off to look at cookers and then Ikea But coffee first
Old 03-08-2009, 04:21 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

go wonky go!!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:23 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Yeah Allport i'm as mad as a bag of bee's!

I'm waiting for my welcome back snog off Nands!

!

!

Its catching

!

I feel shocking though this morning

I mean SHOCKING
Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Actually i've put that much weight on recently with all the booze i look a bit like that
Old 03-08-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Are you doing the London Marathon - no, that is quite soon, isn't it? Good luck Wonkey, I shall be with you in spirit only!

I was convinced the other night I could have one drink down the pub - had a birthday to go to. It's been my first social in=your-face drinking occassion bar Christmas. All the others have been more family type events!

I kept trying to imagine me just having this one glass of wine, and I could not even do it in my mind, let alone reality. I don't know about you, but I get this feeling, round my solar plexus, after that first glass, that just makes me want more, and more. Like some people can't stop eating peanuts!

The other thing that almost tripped me up - I forget lager is also alcohol. That stuff did nothing for me when I was drinking, except make me wee all night! But I need to remember it is not a fizzy soft drink and probably would do something to me now.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

I've got a massive bruise on my arm.. I'm putting it down as a UBI (Unexplained booze injury). No Idea where its come from

I love having to look through my sent items to find out who I spoke to last night

I've watched the same TV show 3 times this weekend. Every time I can't remember it!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

I'm doing the Edinburgh marathon LB, I'll be doing the Sheffield 1/2 marathon in a few weeks. They are easy enough (!) but the marathon is going to be something else.

Might be a bit easier though not having a beer gut swilling round in front of me though!!!!