SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November Part 8 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/170565-class-november-part-8-a.html)

Anna 02-28-2009 10:24 AM

Class of November Part 8

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

lostbutterfly 02-28-2009 11:10 AM

I'm first!!! Hang on, I'm the only one here - where is everyone?

JigOvLife 02-28-2009 11:18 AM

Daggnammit! silver goes to Jig

lostbutterfly 02-28-2009 11:29 AM

Hi Jig, nice to see you, and you actually wrote an essay this time! I nearly got a bottle tonight - why? Coz my older kids are both away and I just have my little girl and her friend staying the night - what a spectacular reason to get drunk!

There never is a reason for my relapses, just excuses that my brain throws around until it finds one that I like!

Nands, if grace and dignity were a requirement of AA membership ... well, I'm not sure I would have been allowed thru the door!!

Ananda 02-28-2009 12:34 PM

poor jiggy....remember 2nd place is good!!!!

LB....we shall have to think up a cute aluring way to say trampy...and walk tramily through life (lol)

Went to a nice meeting and was going to eat with friends but a 30 minite wait for IHOP just isn't worth it to me...I know I know you brits seem to think IHOP is something special....perhaps its different here in the little apple.

Heard a guy talk today about how he just had to go to see his uncle even though he new the end result would always be a drink....somehow reminded me of wonkey.....

I am not feeling a desire to come up with a drinking plan the last few weeks....really feeling pretty nice since the meeting with my boss.....

well gotta eat my taco bell and get the floors clean..i can't wait for the stone floors...cleaning up the puke from bodhi and the mud stains from Nia is getting to be a little much ... tile is soooooo much easier to deal with.

JigOvLife 02-28-2009 03:05 PM

Taco Bellllll!, don't Nands, Mexican is hard to come by over here, we've a chain called Chiquito's (or something like that) but they're a pale imitation.

Had a twinge that a beer would be nice on my way to the 24/7. Lasted only a few seconds but it's the first of this sober time. From experience once the first twinge strikes the fight is on...I've learnt a lot though and I ain't gonna be doing nowt but watching Top Gear and chugging beer if I have just 1.

Pixy1 02-28-2009 03:21 PM

Everything is rather odd at the moment. Kind of out of sorts. Feel like another change is on the way.

My eyes are a little better after the eye wash :)

Ananda 02-28-2009 03:42 PM

Pixie....odd isn't nessesarily bad, but any more details????

I feel "different"....

maybe SR is catching a cold.

Pixy1 02-28-2009 03:57 PM

Actually I did wonder if I'm coming down with something?

I can't explain the different. I feel like I have hit a brick wall. End of and I can't see past it.

Ananda 02-28-2009 04:01 PM

welll i hate to be wierd, but maybe it's time to just stop looking at the dmn thing and start taking it down brick by brick and find out whats on the other side......

There are times in life where you just have to forge a head without a safety net.....

:ghug3

Pixy1 02-28-2009 04:09 PM

Yeah and with each brick I take down, this happens :brick

Pixy1 02-28-2009 04:13 PM

Nands I can assure you I have forged ahead, more than most would have ;)

Ananda 02-28-2009 04:22 PM

aw piz...sorry I'm in a bizzare irritating mood at the moment...gonna get chris's dinner..back in 30 minites.....

I promis i wont throw anyumore bricks :)

:Val004:

Pixy1 02-28-2009 04:53 PM

LOL :ghug3

JigOvLife 02-28-2009 04:57 PM

Gotta say, walls are meant to be climbed over in my non conformist, world view.

(I'm wary if they've ten bottles of beer on 'em)

Hang tough, Pix.

Ananda 02-28-2009 04:59 PM

I'm not subtle...i burst through them with my bare hnds like wonder woman and then wonder why i'm all dinged up :) Might be wiser ways......

I like jiggys idea pixie..we'll give you a leg up

Pixy1 02-28-2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by JigOvLife (Post 2129734)
Gotta say, walls are meant to be climbed over in my non conformist, world view.

(I'm wary if they've ten bottles of beer on 'em)

Hang tough, Pix.

Jiggy I have climbed them all honest!! I am the most non conformist ever , thats my prob, I can't conform but been brought up to just that!

colagirl 02-28-2009 10:02 PM

Hi all,
So, I took a short break from sobriety last week... no particular reason, I just could not stand the daily cravings and obsession any more. But now I remember why drinking sucks, and I have my head back in the game for now. I am very happy to be going to bed sober tonight!

Sorry everyone's feeling a little weird - maybe it's one of those dimensional wrinkles the scientist-types talk about. Perhaps we could start a discussion about it on just a quite trivial question really. :)

Nands you made me want Taco Bell so bad! Yummmmmmmm I love the chalupas and crunchwraps especially... but I'm sickeningly fat right now so despite being hungry I'm just going to go to bed. Must lose this god-awful muffin top!

Ananda 02-28-2009 10:44 PM

post and run why don't you...didn't even give me time to drag you off to chat!

Glad you are back and alive hon (hug) I worry when people decide to try the experiment again!

please share the how and why of how it didn't work...for us as well as for you..it always helps me.

soo...what exactly is a muffin top? I think what i have would be called a muffin middle?????

Ananda 03-01-2009 06:46 AM

YouTube - Bottle of Wine