Notices

Class of November Part 8

Old 03-15-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Morning all :ghug

I'm off to see about renting a caravan for the week. All the work being done is going to be a nightmare. My house is very small the mess and to many people will just be too much.

Hope you are all ok
Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

help Pixy, I think I'm about to be talked into getting a pony! The one my daughter was riding got sold. If her dad agrees to doing the financial bit, I'll do the rest - what have I let myself in for? We could adopt Wonkey - do you think his wife will agree?

At least I'll be a posh horsey person!!

Is it a beautiful day or what, my fellow English (what's it like your end, Fizzy?) and where are you anyway?

Well done for weathering the storm, nands. I hate those bad patches, but each time I get thru one, I feel stronger.

CG - poor you with your cold. You mustn't post at the same time as Fizzy - he's contagious.

30 days today peeps, no chemical abuse this end. I've thought about it, some days more often than others. But ... still here!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Oh LB that is soooooooo wonderful! I can't tell you how pleased I am to know that you have made it through that first dificult month!!!! I did my first 28 in treatment....On my 30 day bd i treated myself to a massage and have had one every month since! Do something very special for yourself...don't wait for anyone else...

OK now about the horse thing....think this through LB....the cost of the horse is minor....it is the upkeep that is a killer! Where will the horse be kept? I assume you are in town and won't be able to keep it on property. Around here, if you keep a horse the cost to stable it is outrageious. feeding a horse is a big expense and the vet bills can be enormous.

I kept mine at a coop, and the price was less (still pricey) and there was loading and unloading arranging for and purchasing the hay each year, feeing and watering 30 coop horses twice a week, bills and more bills and then if your daughter is showing the cost become even worse...and the amount of time will double. I had to work a part time job to pay expenses as my folks couldn't/wouldn't afford the costs. And every waking hour I was at the stables, working, or on the road at shows. The cost of equipemnt is substancial as well.

not to be discouraging...just really think about this (over the smily limit...insert hug)
Old 03-15-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Oh...no LB ... I'm afraid wonky wouldn't be a wise choice....he eats more than any a$$ i know, and he's too stuborn to control..though i heard he does show well......:ghug2
Old 03-15-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

I'm here LB.

Its just grey up in Scotland today, not cold, not wet just grey.

Apparantly there's a cup final on today and we're all quite excited about it, so the media would have you believe, really couldn't care less though, can we have a 5 - 5 draw and then the penalty shoot out postponed for rioting please, least that would be decent to watch.

Sorry Cola, think I'm on day 8 of my cold, its a long un.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Fizzy..... *hands bowl of chix soup and a box of extra soft kleenex*

Take care of yourself You probably would be exited if you weren't so sick....actually scratch that..I can't really envision you too exited about much...you are our resident rock (hug)
Old 03-15-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Yer missing the point Nands, its the fact its the both halfs of the evil forces of darkness thats in the final that disnae rock my boat.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo! all

LB it's a must!! I love spending my time at the stables with my daughter. Find a nice little yard and you will be fine. The yard manager at my stables gets all our hay and sawdust for us and we pay him. I can honestly say that the only thing I find expensive is the stabling. I actually only need grazing as she is a cob. The feed is cheap enough.

Well I'm moving out of my house today. I've booked a holiday home for 10 days. I need to get out of the house while all this work is being done. It's actually a really nice place and its on the beach. It's only 4 miles away so I can still go to work and drop the kids at school. I may not have internet access though
Old 03-15-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Was having a tidy up and found a new signature for LB

Hope she likes it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Fizzy..i had alley translate your last post..thanks alley

Awwww fizzy you just need a big hug to cheer you up

:ghug3:ghug3:ghug3

I'm falling behind class on my britspeak i need some private tutoring.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
getting there

Fizzy I love the new signature for LB, it's perfect!

Still sick. I was hoping it would go away with a good night's sleep and an overdose of vitamin C, but no luck. I've just been reading and watching TV all day. I don't have the option to miss any work in the next couple of days so I'm going to have to tough it out. Blech.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Not alot to say today...I sure hope everyone is ok...

I think i need some coffee

later friends.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Wow I have had a productive morning! (I don't know whats come over me)

Its only 11.30 and I've done an assignement I've been putting off for weeks and started another!

I'm having a break before tackling some housework and I plan to have most of my second assignment finished before tomorrow.

So I'm feeling good about myself which is when I start to worry!

Well done again to lost, hi to everyone else and sympathy for those who are ill.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I'm thinking maybe i have a very small bug....keep waking up nauseious the last 2 nite...then again..could just be nerves .... bu whatever, must keep on going to work

Hey Ally....what about your ah hem other assignment???? Hows it going????

:ghug3
Old 03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I'm lazy and dont wanna write it twice...so a link....

I mean it guys..you all mean the world to me.

don't know if it will work or not cause i don't know how to do links within SR or if it will take you to the specific post...if not...well maybe you aren't suppose to know (lol)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2151185
Old 03-16-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

It doesn't take you straight to your last post nands, but I did find it! Thank you too!

I'm off to put together a bed for my little girl and dismantle her old one. I think my serenity shall be challenged! If I'm not back later, I am crying in a pile of wood and screws.

Oh fizz, love the signature! How do I get it to work tho!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hello, is this the introduction thread?
I am new here...
Old 03-16-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

It can be if you want it to be chickenvsturkey.

You ok
Old 03-16-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

hi chickenvsturkey

Glad you are here at SR.

I hope you will start a thread in the newcomers section. Or please just post here and we will be glad to support you...just more people around in the newcommers section

:ghug
Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi all,
Welcome to SR chickenvsturkey! Feel free to post away here and read the rest of the site. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Back to nands' questions:

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
1. do you want to be sober? why?
2. what do you think you need to do right now to get/stay sober?
3. Are you doing it?
4. What can you share today that might not only help you to stay sober, but might even help someone else..just by mistake mind you..
1. I think what I really want is to not be an alcoholic so I can drink when I want to and not drink when I don't want to. I'm learning to accept that that option isn't available, because it gets harder and harder to stop each time I start. So with the options being a) sober and b) alcoholic drinking, I'll choose sober.

2. Something that's really, really important to me is keeping a healthy daily routine. For me, this means getting up in time to take the light rail to work instead of drive, taking the time to pack a lunch instead of going out every day, making sure I don't go to bed without showering or brushing my teeth (or shining my sink - thanks LB, I still do that!). I've found that when I let myself slip in these areas, I get into an indulgent mindset that makes me think I should be indulgent in all areas - including drinking. It starts me down the "well, today's shot anyway, so what does it matter?" path. It seems I'm not good at moderation (go figure!). This is why vacations and business trips are hard.

3. Today - yes. Planning on it tomorrow too, but I have a seminar to attend where breakfast and lunch are provided, so I know I have to be extra vigilant about my mindset.

4. God, I don't know. I think some of the best advice on here was when Wonky told himself, don't drink you stupid get! So I'll recycle that.