Notices

Class of November Part 8

Old 03-02-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Dee I really don't believe that you pissed anyone off. I for one always value your opinion. You talk alot of sense!

Morning all :ghug back to work today It's just the thought of it, I know I will be fine once I get there. May even have a good day
Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Yeah, it's good to see ya again Dee and it's always good to debate our alkie thinking.

Post more Sir! AttEeeenshun!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Dee how could your lovely self ever **** people off??

I miss you posting here, not that Fizzy bloke though!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Actually Dee, sometimes "that guy" is what is needed. You never p*ssed me off either, I luvs ya!!

I'm having a bit of a challenge to my serenity at the moment. My ex (father of my youngest) has a few months left to live, unless he gets his alcoholism under control. He is in a wheelchair, has pretty much lost his personality due to nerve and brain damage.

He was the love of my life, and I wish we could have stayed friends, but things got very nasty between us. I hardly see him, and my little girl, who loves him, won't go to his house where he lives with another woman now. So I drop her off at his mum's.

But I wish I could find a way to say goodbye to him. I can't imagine going to his funeral and taking my little girl with me, without having said something.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:34 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

well...i'l be honest...i'm pretty down about our missing....just one of those days.....trying to remember that people come into our lives for a while and then they go.....it's life and relationships change.

Also I know that when i "disappeared" from my freinds years ago...i was sober and went on to be happily sober for many years later...you just never know.

I'm gonna be late to work if i don't hurry. Yesterday i did just a little too much SR at work...not bad...but i will not fall into that hole at work that i did before...so I will try to only check a few times today....

Sobriety is definately a we thing.....at least that's what i'm thinking...

LB...you've got some clean time under your belt from the codiene now don't you? not to be rude...just think it's important to remember where we are at in this process and recognize the progress....Your doing so well on your sober time

love to all
Old 03-03-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Lost what an awful situation for you and your daughter.

I can't give you any advice (wish I could) but know my thoughts and love are with you, x
Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
getting there

Hey all, quick check-in, late to work, back later

(((((LB))))) what a sad situation
Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

LB....I would have to say that putting some extra effort in to finding a way to speak with him is VERY important...that said, when my father died I never really got to talk heavy with him...i mean it's complicated..but anyways, when he wanted to talk to me and was not far (a few hours) from dying, i couldn't be with him because I was in detox.

But he passed a message on to me through my brother. I am ok with that today. Wish it had been different, but it truley is ok.....

Do the best you can, and know that it really is enough (hug) The real healing is in the heart not in the words themselves and can happen even when we are unable to talk it through...sounds like you are well into the healing already (hug)
Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

well....crp...it takes more than one hour to come home make, a pot of coffee, post twice and find a parking space

I'll have to come up with a different plan for next week....

good evening to all of you on the otherside of the world...I am still sober and actually pretty comfortable over all....

You know there are so many interesting things to put your attention to when I'm not off trying to figure out my next drink..or how to cover my last ooopsy.....

i feel a trivial question begining to formulate in my mind....

laters guys
Old 03-03-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

lol! Right, I'm off to the pub! It is someone's birthday, and we are going out for drinks. I'm trying the Wonkey experiment of hanging around in bars, staying sober!

I'm so sure I can just have one drink, which is a daft idea, as I don't think I've ever only had one drink - I only stop drinking when I pass out or run out of booze!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
.and I'm pretty sure I was pissing at least one of you off LOL

I'm pretty sure your right Dee, cos I'm sure I was pissing them off as well.

If you don't speak what you feel is the truth though then there's no point being here I reckon, its about being honest about what you feel about something.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

LB, what a horribly terrible situation, not even going to pretend to know what you should do for the best.

Please look after yourself though, your kids are going to need you ..............

Losing one parent to this crap is more than any child should have to suffer, you probably can't help your ex but you sure as hell can still help yourself.

Thinking of you huns, hope tonight works for you, don't remember Wonkey's experiments always going to plan, trust you know what your doing though.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Lost hun I don't think its a good idea to go to the pub (tempting as it is)!

Have a good time though and let us know how it goes.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Just in case you have forgotten this one LB.....was before wonkey's days here, but I think wibbs left the directions for it written on the mens room wall.....

And the cure.....
Old 03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
getting there

LB - remember how those Wonky experiments always turn out! I hope you won't try the same thing.... I mean really, do you want to be like Wonky?

Maybe he'll come back to yell at me now.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I'm back and I had two cokes - yay! Part of me really would have loved a drink, but then the other part of me would have taken over and I would have landed up in a lodger-type situation or passed out, or sick.

I can see that sobriety is going to seriously curtail my sex-life, but it will also mean less men around the village to avoid, lol!!

It was fun, but I wouldn't want to do it every night. Waaaay too early days for me!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

LB I think you are just great :ghug3 well done girl!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
getting there

Excellent job LB, I'm so proud! :ghug3
Old 03-03-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

very well done LB...and take it from someone with a lot of expereince all thought it is rather dated...sober sex is great just hang in there sly:

(sorry if i offended you boys)
Old 03-03-2009, 04:52 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

ananda!!! LOL Great job LB!