View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
TheWonkydonkey
The Legend returns!

Thank fook thats over....

I've been undertaking a ground breaking study into social drinking.

I obviously took this seriously and managed to actually convince myself that it was actually possible for me to drink with friends etc.

This was going really well...well it was as long as the plan was for me to have "social" reasons to drink most days. I'd have the odd day when I didn't drink at all (thus proving I can't possibly be an alcoholic).

Well my boozy chums this stepped up a gear this weekend as my wife has been away all weekend. Foooooooook me I've had some booze. I mean foooooooooooooooooooook me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I knew this was going to happen, absolutely knew it... But I still had to do it.

So i'm out the other side, not as cocky perhaps... feeling dreadful in my own little self inflicted hell

Why have I stopped today? 12 weeks today I run my first marathon. I've done very little training so far but am starting properly training tomorrow (i'm too hungover to start today). I've run 1/2 marathons a few times but this will be a massive challenge.

The reason i've failed every time in the past to stop drinking is I've always let social events de-rail me... theres always something to go to, always friends to go out with.

So my plan is to tell all my friends i've quit drinking for 12 weeks while I train for the marathon.
I told possibly my most boozy friends yesterday and because i'm running for charity seemed very very supportive.

If I can manage this situation then I can do this.

I thought about starting a thread in the main section but its over run with drama queens and nutters!!!!!!!!!

They don't need another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!