Notices

Class of November Part 8

Old 03-08-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Ahh those day ones they are a laugh are'nt they!

Jig you don't get away with sneaking in, you know that keeping drinking until Tuesday to celebrate your birthday is completly mental don't you! please tell me that you know that!

What a way to start a new year of your life, puking and well you know all the other withdrawal symptoms.

Stop now and maybe by Tuesday you will feel like celebrating!

Hope you are ok though :ghug3 and glad to see you posting, Happy Birthday for Tuesday.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

I did a half marathon once, then they changed the name to bloody Snickers and I was nacked !!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

So right LB, folks I know used to start on pints of lager and then have a couple of nips at the end of an evening, me, I'd have a half bottle of voddie before I went out, stay on the voddies then have a couple of pints to sober myself up.

Think I thought the pints of lager would rehydrate me and stave off the hangover or something.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by allport View Post
I seem to have caught the Fizzy exclamation mark disease!
Cheeky cow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I always drank before I went out. Then tried to look lady-like while I was out, wishing the whole time the evening could be over so I could go home and drink properly! Unless I was round someone's house, in which case, I would work my way thru all the booze in the house, shag their lodger, and pass out on the couch, lol!

UBI's - I used to spend drunken nights looking up mysterious illnesses I had - I used to be covered with bruises, especially on my legs. I had diagnosed myself with liver and kidney failure and a touch of leukemia. Also the beginnings of Parkinson's in the morning, coz my hands shook, and early onset Alzheimers.

My parkinsons and bruises have gone, and the alzheimers is slowly resolving itself. The astonishment on my bosses face when I actually remember something. How I kept my job these past few years, I don't know.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I'm thinking......

(yeah maybe you ought to all run....)

Just got home from moms....hope those i sent pics to got them...i'll try to post some later...but i seem to never have time to fufill my goals...

glad you are all here today....???? is there a reason you all posted when I was gone????

(working on it but i still find ways to make it always all about me)

Oh...I am good....my brothers liquer stock was actually appealing a few times, but I was safe under the watching eyes of the people I hurt the most from my drinking...learned a lot of interesting things about that last night...

recovery is a we thing...and i'm just starting to realize how much drinking was a we thing....didn't wanna think that..wanted to think i was on my own in that deal but i wasnt...shocking really.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Wow its banging in here. Conversation just flooding out.

I think i'll go and get some paint

Old 03-08-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Go to chat Wonkey we will talk your hind legs off! (sorry couldnt resist)
Old 03-08-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

That chat thing is gash it keeps kicking me out

Nands made a pass at me, I tried to convince Allport to go on the game to stave off boredom and the next thing i'm kicked out

Whats the world coming to?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

*nands puts on momma hat*

Jiggy....i'm glad you are safe....I believe for myself that sobreity is about taking chances and living life, but NOT about taking chances with my sobriety! Sure maybe you'll be sober Tuesday, maybe you'll be dead....i'll hang my hat on sober for now.....listen to alley..she may not have many days yet but she often talks a lot of sense.

I obviously took this seriously and managed to actually convince myself that it was actually possible for me to drink with friends etc.

This was going really well...well it was as long as the plan was for me to have "social" reasons to drink most days. I'd have the odd day when I didn't drink at all (thus proving I can't possibly be an alcoholic).

Well my boozy chums this stepped up a gear this weekend as my wife has been away all weekend. Foooooooook me I've had some booze. I mean foooooooooooooooooooook me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I knew this was going to happen, absolutely knew it... But I still had to do it.
Jeeez wonky...that is me to a tee.... I too had to do it over and over and over again....I really really hpe this is the last time you have to prove this to yourself....you know you can change up the variables on this experiment all you want...you'll still end up in the same place. Ok OK i know i'm saying you you you but i get tired of being politically correct all the time...I only know the answer for me on what got me and keeps me sober...but i recognize an alchoholic when i see one.

So..you have bought yourself some time with the 12 weeks to marathon thing...great start there, and hopefully you will be able to find something more long term during that time. I guess i went through a period of 5 years where i stayed sober just till my son graduated highschool...and it got me 5 years well 3.5 had some slip ups...actually by the time he graduated i had found some other reasons to stay sober...and if you can find some way to feel comfortable between now and the marathon letting your friends know it isn't just about the marathon...that would probably be a good thing.

I'm glad you are all here with me on this wild trip you know...

I always drank from my hidden bottle at social events...it just wouldn't do for anyone to see what a true drunk i was...i mean when you are 18 and drink the guys under the bar it seemed like it had some sorta appeal, but it got pathetic at the end.

Last night my sis in law refered to when i "went away for a while" and came back healthy....kinda irks me....I mean this is a fcking physcial problem not a moral issue...I don't fcking drink cause i'm a drunk...get fcking over it...i went to treatment...

You know at some point i got tired of somehow being a second class citizen or at least seeing my self that way and PRESENTING my self that way..I don't hollar from the hill tops that i'm an alchoholic/addict...but i don't skitter away from it either....and i'm sick to death of being killed by this disease...i don't want anymore little holes out there left open to slip through when i have a weak moment and want to snarf down all the liquer in site without anyone sayign boo to me about it.

any anger in this post is absolutely NOT aimed at anyone else..it is about my anger at myself....my inability to accept myself as i am without that sensless shame and tell the rest of the world to fck off if they don't like it....just psses me off....i'm working on it

Just give yourselves the best chance you can to stay sober...you, like me are worth it.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

*momma hat off*

on a lighter note:

Originally Posted by TheWonkydonkey View Post
That chat thing is gash it keeps kicking me out

Nands made a pass at me, I tried to convince Allport to go on the game to stave off boredom and the next thing i'm kicked out

Whats the world coming to?
Wonkey.....what happens in chat stays in chat (snirkle) I tried to warn you....but do you listen?????? I think we need to buy you a pair of glasses and a hearing aide hon
Old 03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Kid's are driving me mad!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Gas em like badgers pixx
Old 03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Nands.. I didn't mind your sexual advances and I am flattered its just you were a little aggressive one minute we were in the bar sipping gin and tonics and the next i'm tied to the bed and you're pulling rubber gloves on
Old 03-08-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Honestly wonky my youngest has come back from his sleep over possesed!!

I have had to put him to bed. Now I'm stressed

Dominos has made me feel ill!

And now I have to tidy up and feed the dogs. It doesn't pay to go out for an afternoon.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Thanks for the advice Nands as well. Its as simple as this, I know what I am and I know what I have to do.

I have said this before I know
Old 03-08-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Wonky it's just great to have you back
Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

i'm lost... lol
I think i didn't get enough sleep last night. ... ya think

well mom called her basement totally flooded last nigth while i was there..she just discovered it they ahve to rip it out

Maybe the basement problem at my old house was jsut cause i'm a culvahouse and has nothing to do with alchohol...mmmmm maybe i'm not an alchoholic!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your moms basement but you are still an alcoholic don't worry on you it looks classy.

I don't know what is going on with me today, my mood is changing every few minutes, I can't decide whether I am having a great day or a rubbish one!

I blame Everton (and the ******** **** of a ref).
Old 03-08-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Come on you had a chat with the wonky, thats got to make it a good day!!!!!!!!!