Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 20

Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I know Hevyn. My brother left here last Sunday. When he got home to Mo. he called

and said.."I'm rusty, I need coffee, and it's cold." Snowing there now too.

But it was 120 here just a few months ago..I can't take the heat.

If it's 82 now..what will it be in July?

Here..maybe this will cheer us both up.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Warmest hugs Hevyn!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:02 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
IO Storm

And to all my cold friends...I know how bad it can get. It's not funny.

My brother was heating coffee with a blow torch and the National Guard was patrolling

the streets for days before his visit out. I hope things don't get that bad for any of

you..or for him again. :ghug2:
Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

he's a little bit fine sher!

my whine is i dont seem to have enought ime in the day of late!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:42 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

simmer down niks! lol

sis
When he got home to Mo. he called

and said.."I'm rusty, I need coffee, and it's cold." Snowing there now too.
hey, me too!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Morning whiners!:ghug I have no whines yet but it's quite early and I may find one or two as the day progresses.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Good Morning Whiners and here's today's forecast so you can choose where you'd like to be....

Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Thank goodness I'm not in the northeast! You poor things....
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by espresso View Post
Good Morning Whiners and here's today's forecast so you can choose where you'd like to be....

it all pretty much sux

one ticket to cancun please!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Resident

I might as well add a weather whine too. 47 degrees F is the temperature I would like it to be but -15 degrees C is the temperature it is before windchill. 47F is only about 8C but even that would be great right now.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Man, even though I knew I would have to come to work no matter what, I know there was a tiny part of me that was benig a little kid and wishing for a snow day. I woke up around 4am to use the bathroom, looked out the window and saw that the plows had already been by and it had stopped snowing. Man! I fell back asleep with a gnawing in my gut. And I like my job! It's just been a really stressful past week because on top of being my first sober week in awhile, we have a lot of deadlines that are stressing everyone out, and my usually super-nice-awesome boss is being snippy, and I'm screwing up tiny little things that are making me feel like I suck at my job.

So the weather is just adding to my whine. I'm one of the only ones in the office. The bosses are working from home. And now I'm getting cranky over all the things I have to do at home such as laundry, moving bags of recycling, and general cleaning. All minor things, that I probably wouldn't do even if I had today off (because I am a procrastinator as well as a whiner) but of course because I'm stuck here, I am getting all annoyed that I can't be home getting things done.

WHINE.

Ok, I'm done. For now :-)
Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Cold friends..all friends. :ghug2:

My whine? Doing something I don't want to do but have to.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hi...a couple of things that may help. I would keep a canine toothbrush kit easily accesible at all times to use immediately upon your discovery of the well...the crap eating. After you gently but thoroughly brush your dog's teeth and mouth (theres one you can get that slips on your finger like a rubber) I would begin to teach your puppers what a "time out" is.

Fortunately I've had enough sobriety in the past, that I was able to volunteer at my local SPCA as a dog walker. The most effective way to train a dog is using the reward system. If you have a crate for transporting your animal I would use it as your time out location immediately after brushing your dogs teeth. Another great time out deal is to simply turn your back. I used to stand in the corner with the dogs at the shelter so they had NO WAY to get my attention. (a good one for jumping dogs)

Another thing that I think has been most helpful to me in dog walking is the "leave it!" command. This is taught to a dog by extending a closed hand holding a small treat between your fingers so that when you open your and it does not fall out. As soon as the dog starts for the hand, close it and tell him "leave it" one time. Open your hand again...it will only take about 3-4 times and as soon as your dog looks away from the hand when you open it...immediately reward with the other hand, which is also holding a treat secretively and PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE! MAYBE, you can begin to work on catching this before you see it coming and in the same tone...just work on "leave it"

I have to admit that I am not familiar with this condition but remember...patience. Good luck, I hope this helps...
Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

And still it roars! We have at least a foot, and more expected. I asked the Head Nurse to take a photo of the courtyard...it really does look pretty. She suggested a group of us go outside so she could get us with the snowy background. We all just looked at her in disbelief!

There were a lot of call-outs...but, fortunately, a lot of per-diems came in.

Off to have a lunch of corned beef and cabbage. They must be practicing for St. Patty's Day. Catch you later.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

They need a lot more practice...beef so salty I couldn't eat it! That's worth a Whine and a Half!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Resident

I have to commend you on that whine Eldetic. It was an excellent example of advanced whinning. You should be proud. Now get back to work.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
I have to commend you on that whine Eldetic. It was an excellent example of advanced whinning. You should be proud. Now get back to work.

Thank you, everyone has to have a talent :-)

And I did get back to work after I posted this,and the day actually went pretty quickly. Now I am at home, and I'm writing this instead of starting the laundry I whined about earlier.

But at least I'm not drinking!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've found a way to stop my dogs from eating poop... I clean it up as soon as they poop it out! As far as any other training, I havent' done any, just ignoring my beagirl when she jumped up on me (when I first got her ten yrs ago) and she never jumps on people now. Mostly I just reward them for good behavior, and it seems to be working well, as they know what I like, and willingly do it.

I do seem to have been blessed tho, to have two dogs with few bad habits. Mostly I think they are so 'good' cause I love them so.

My whine for today? Too cold to walk the dogs, that's all.

Welcome Jeffro44!!

IO, who is that young guy??
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

my whine..........I cant or I will spend the rest of the night crying as I have spent the day..............can I please just run away from it ALL?!@?!?!?@?!??!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

kk
one ticket to cancun please!
better got a bunch more kk!

ask um for group rates!