Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 20

Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
cmc

Hiya whiners...I have a two-fer.

My day today was a sort of a cranky upside-down day. I had a nice day planned with mr cmc....to go to our meetings and then take a short trip to the beach. Between leaving my Al-Anon meeting and changing in the restroom there, my tonic water bottle leaked into my purse, everything that mattered got soaked and sticky. My purse held the liquid like a bucket.

It turns out that my shoe had fallen out of the truck when we got there but I didn't discover it was missing when we just almost back home after very long lines of traffic from one county to the next. Grrr....

They are my favorites, expensive (on my budget anyhow) and they're the only ones that look good with half of my wardrobe. When I got home I called the restaurant/pub where we parked and the manager started messin' with my head, trying to be cute and...teasing me when he had already found it an hour earlier. grrrrr

Yeah buster..I'm the lady with half a pair of black strappy sandals, ladies size 6 with cork heels....so I drove back to get it. Meanwhile the truck that just had $1000 worth of work....needed two rear tires ASAP- so while I went to fetch my shoe, mr cmc got new tires. What a day. I'm glad it's almost over.

I guess I could have saved us all alot of trouble and time by just saying this:
1. lost shoe-found 2. replaced tires
Old 02-28-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

CMC, that sounds like a very draining day and don't you go posting the short version, we whiners NEED to hear the scary details.

After this awful Canadian winter, I NEED to hear about strappy sandals and beaches...it gives a girl hope for warmer days to come.

My whine tonight? No snacks!!! For some reason, snacks got missed in the groceries this week and it's too late to go out and pick something up. Popcorn would be nice, right now.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning all. It is 46 minutes past 3 here by my clock and I cannot sleep becayse I have heartburn from eating a spicy Italian dinner. Took 2 Rlaids and when they kick in I wull give it another go.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:42 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

CMC
I guess I could have saved us all alot of trouble and time by just saying this:
1. lost shoe-found 2. replaced tires
ah, the easier, softer way!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:56 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

had a hard time getting to sleep last night and woke up a little too early this morning feeling anxious and unsettled - no idea why, just feel crappy. No coffee this morning...

Sister called last night when I was half asleep about buying me a plane ticket to our dad's birthday party out of state this summer. I feel guilty as hell as I know she can't afford such generosity, but it's the only way I'd get there. I hate being the most useless and destitute member of his kids....

Have to arrange a ride home from college for ck on her spring break. Will ask my neighbor if he can do it for some gas money. The van is still making ominous clunking noises and afraid to drive it out of town.

Haven't even gotten my check for March but it's already spent - all of it - and isn't enough for all the bills...

And the worst for last... Got my gas bill yesterday for last month. It was nearly three hundred dollars!!! And it's cold in my house as I keep the furnace way down... and for what?? I can't pay this bill and am angry that my efforts at keeping the bill down were for naught as I was cold all last month and still have a huge bill...
Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Severe Weather Whine: Pity the fool who thought spring was almost here. East Coast will be hammered later today. Local prediction is for 8-14". Snow already starting in Virginia. Jersey, Gypsy, Rusty, batten down the hatches.

IO, you may now do the superior dance.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Thanks for the warning, Hevyn! Too late, though...woke up to a couple of inches of the white stuff, and more predicted!

March 1st, and it came in like a

It truly is not "over 'til it's over"! I'm sure the kids will be happy.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It already started up there, Jersey? I heard it was to be a light snow here this afternoon, with the most snowfall being overnight. Now I'm confused. I see that Gypsy already had this covered over on Bottoms!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

thank got it missed me here in Michigan!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hope it stays the hell away from Ohio!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Wrap Up Warm Whiners!..... looks like we're in for wintry weather too..and I thought Spring was here!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I remember a blizzard hitting the east coast in April 1982, but I think there was also one in April in the 60's - not that I was even alive then. Heard people talking about it.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Joining in the weather whine. I'm in Northeast Jersey. My office NEVER closes, no matter how bad the weather. Most people just won't show up and my bosses will work from home. However, I HAVE to go in, because we have deadlines, and I can't work from home, because I don't have remote access to most of the programs/documents I need.

grrr. Not looking forward to shoveling out and sliding down Route 287 tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

All my stress and anxiety has gone straight to my lower back and feels like someone hit me with a baseball bat. Can't wait til this day is over.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My weather whine has been squashed. Apparently we are getting mostly rain. I was so looking forward to the chaos of a big storm.

Eidetic, I feel for you having to go to work no matter what. I hope it isn't as bad as they say up your way - be safe.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I AM STUFFED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we had soul food sunday and Edward cooked and put his foot in it........bbq chicken, baked mac and cheese corn bread spinich( still confused about that one) and a few other things like peach cobbler with vinella bean frozen yougert........................OMG it was so good and h ave to honestly say I went back for seconds............thank god I married a good cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night whiners.............

Love
Pamm
Old 03-01-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

hev
I remember a blizzard hitting the east coast in April 1982,
i remember driving my cousin home from the restaurant pie-eyed and shhitt faced!

dumping him off, and geting stuck in a snow drift on my way home...

had to walk back to his house...

the next day, all you could see was the roof of the car!

as i was dig'n out with a hangover, the fire dept was digging out a hydrant right opposite me with a snowblower, and laughing at me...!

what a freak'n Resentment!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I am so stuffed, I went back for thirds............LOL
Old 03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
IO Storm

"IO, you may now do the superior dance."

Hevyn..

Not to brag or anything, but it was 82 here today.

we ony ran the AC for four hours..

Just sayin'

Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh, fine, Sher - thanks for sharing.

Now my weather whine is back on - they messed up the forecast and the storm is here after all, snowing like crazy.