Notices

Class of January Part 2

Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Wow, everyone seems to be doing so well. Great to hear it! I've now made it through 29 days myself. What a kick ass class we have!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Resident

I am here now. I got a wicked cold so I treated myself to a small sleep in. I would sure love to drink---- some coffee with sugar-lots of smooth white sugar.
Seems al lot of us are having tough times this week but together we will overcome.
Now everyone take out the text book. "I hope they serve beer in Hell" and start reading.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hey teach - sorry you have a cold! Maybe it is the no-sugar diet!

OK if I substitute wine for beer in the book of the day? Ok - beer is better in a hot place like hell, but a cool white wine is also pretty refreshing (I mean WAS pretty refreshing)..

Just got back from a good swim.. cold here but swimming keeps the body warm! Looking forward to a relatively clear headed day.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Swimming KindBird? How bout' the polar plunge....say into lake superior? lol

Closest I can get to swimming right now is taking a bath. Think I'll wait for after the ice pack breaks up here.

Good day here in February thaw land....50 degrees out...HEATWAVE!!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Going on day 9 now and I feel really good, except for the no sleeping thing. My stomach is feeling better now that I am watching my diet and I am starting my new job tomorrow. Out of the mortgage industry and I am guessing that will help with the drinking immediately as well.

Can't wait to take my clothes to the dry cleaners and start dressing to impress at my new job. There really is no other feeling then feeling good about yourself and presenting yourself that way to others IMO.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Wow, so many people conquering those urges and hitting milestones!! That is so great.

Betreut Hang in there, like others said, dont let their negative thinking get to you. I hope you have an awesome weekend with your boyfriend.

Things are not to bad here, not having to many urges. We are having some beautiful weather. Hit 50 degrees here today (and it will be freezing again by this weekend). But it gave me an opportunity to start my spring ritual. Every thaw, I get to go in the yard and find a new layer of dog doo to pick up!

Fubar, hope that cold is better.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Pray the class of january all had a decent day...end of day 22 for me today....

Hope to see everyone here sometime tomorrow!

God bless
Old 02-10-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

End of my 21st day! So tomorrow will officially be 3 weeks! Honestly I never thought I could do it but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would. Glad to hear this class is staying on track. Way to go everyone!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Wow.......where to start......? So much good news from everyone! I guess the top of the list is the Fubar-man. Without my initiating, it appears the class has forced the role of "teacherhood" upon him. He even gave us the assignment from hell. LOL!

betreurt try to shake the parents thing....it seems like they are picking on you because they aren't feeling so hot about their own lives....like the others said, go have fun with the BF.

Jackstone-- thanks, I wish I could say sobriety is helping my average!!
Massey
I may have to use your friend's response to not drinking!

Excellent job everyone. It's tough out there and yet we are survivng the waves.....keep hanging on. We have each other! Night all!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Good morning class - up early so here is a quick check in. Today is just a day but it will be a day without alcohol so that sounds like a good day.

Feels good to be in class early, but I might just play hooky for some of the day and get my work done!

Hey class of Jan 09 - let's keep it going and keep together .. ((((((:ghug ))))))
Old 02-11-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I didn't get in here yesterday cause my internet was down. Still is today and I've had to resort to dial-up (now that could make a person drink).

Anyway Day 11 today, I was worried the other day about hitting Day 10 and thought it would be difficult. As it turned out it was my best day yet. I didn't think much about drinking/quitting/etc. The 5:00 p.m. thing didn't even kick in.

To everyone who is having trouble with sleeping and eating it does get better. The last few nights I have at least stayed in bed for 8 hours and have slept most of them. I find I am very tired late afternoon and early evening. I am enjoying food - while I was drinking I couldn't care less if I ate or not.

Now that I am feeling a little more comfortable not drinking I have been thinking about what got me this far. Everyone here in this forum has helped. I have stayed home, sheltered myself from as much stress as possible, pampered myself a little, and kept busy with things I enjoy (reading, cooking, playing with dog). I realize not everyone can take the time to do the "for me" thing. I am able to and I feel this (recovery) is the most important thing in my life right now and I am taking time to heal. I figure I have been sick, very sick, and I need that. Each day I am feeling a little stronger, a little more able to cope.

I hope everyone has a good day and we all get over our personal "bumps" and get to tomorrow okay.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Class of January, morning all!

Is the teacher still sick? Fubar you feelin ok?

Have a great day everybody!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Good for you Yellow Duck! That's the way to do it! :ghug3
Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Good Morning, all! It's awesome to see that everyone seems to be doing so well still.

Yesterday marked 30 days of sobriety for myself. One of my old drinking buddies that I haven't seen in awhile thought I was joking about it last night. He's amazed at my willpower based on how I used to drink every night. I told him about this board and how much it's helped me get this far. You guys are the best!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
Thanks for asking Massey but the cold is still going strong (day 2) and the sugarless diet is still in tack (day 3). Haven't missed the sugar much since my taste buds are numb from the cold.
Congrats on 30 days Eagle.
We are doing this together. This class is the best part of SR.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hey Fubar, you sneezing on the monitor? I just caught your cold! lol .
I,m gonna have to call in sick today, this thing is kickin my @$$!! Just going to cover up with some blankets and watch the Price is Right. Still beats being hung over!
Hope you all are doing well , and a quick HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to all the ladies in the class!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

Congratulations Eagle Fan on your 30 days.....

Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

You guys need to bust out some Lysol in here before all of us get sick....man...lol

Hope you feel better guys!

Class of January rocks...even if the teacher is a no sugar eating, sneezing, numb from the cold mess...lol
Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
You guys need to bust out some Lysol in here before all of us get sick....man...lol

Hope you feel better guys!

Class of January rocks...even if the teacher is a no sugar eating, sneezing, numb from the cold mess...lol
Good thing we are virtual students.........germ-free! Maybe with the teach being sick, he will let up on the homework..........

Thanks for the flowers DoJohn!!!!!!

Hey Fub, what are you going to do with the big brown-nosing box of chocolates I sent you? (I need an A)
Old 02-11-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Resident

A+ for VC. I am going to share the chocolates with the class seeing as I can't indulge. wah
Everyone can only have a half of a chocolate because the class is so big.
VC use a knife to cut them Don't just bite them in half like last time so nobody will want one and you get to eat them all.