Notices

Class of January Part 2

Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fourteen days sober here - big f@cking deal. This is NOT a good day, or even close to it. 'Good' is a concept so foreign I can't imagine it in my life. I'm just waiting for the next thing to go wrong... and it will.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Keep your chin up and keep looking forward not back! I had a difficult night last night myself (didn't drink tho) and I feel your pain. We just have to remember that starting over sucks worse than making it through a bad 'sober' day. No comparison IMO! Stay strong and congrats on 14 days!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

.................................................. .................
Old 02-07-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hey least - you are here and you are posting - that is good stuff. You've had a few bad days in a row now - it sounds tough. Hang in here with the class - we need you here!

Welcome Chris - yes you are a welcome member of the class of Jan. We may be teacherless but we are very together.. :ghug

Doing OK today - feeling bland - but no drinking still (in day 28).. I think I have expectations of the weekend that just don't fit with how weekends now feel.. Guess that is good, but it is new and different.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Least- I hope your day gets better! Anything we can do to help???? Here's one thing: :ghug3

Being sober makes it harder to "deal" with the real world because we aren't numb. Hang in there. You are strong and can get through this. Know that you are in my thoughts!
Old 02-07-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KindBird View Post
Doing OK today - feeling bland - but no drinking still (in day 28).. I think I have expectations of the weekend that just don't fit with how weekends now feel.. Guess that is good, but it is new and different.

Hi Kindbird: I know what you mean about feeling "bland." I'm feeling the same way. It's such an adjustment figuring out how to act and feel without the alcohol. I've also been a bit cranky. I'm trying to hold it in....taking lots of big breaths. Here's to a happier night!
Old 02-07-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

.................................................. ......
Old 02-07-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hi all. Getting thru day 7 here and feeling kind of crappy yet. Sleep problems, dull headache, but it all beats a raging hangover or being too drunk to function.

least: I've been reading your posts; you've worked SO hard at this - keep hanging in.

I hope everyone has had a pretty good day and having a nice weekend.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Going on Day 5 here and everything is peachy.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Two weeks and ready for sleep, sleep, sleep.............ZZZzzzzzz..oh!....sorry bout that..............lol......this feels weird feeling wiped out all the time.

Nite kids......good job on another day.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I'm feeling tired much of the time as well. It's now day 11 and every day is a struggle but I'm starting to feel more confident. It sure is good to get a good night's sleep! And it's such a good feeling falling asleep instead of not remembering passing out.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Good Morning!! Wow it feels good waking up and wanting coffee instead of a drink! I actually stayed in bed for over 8 hours and slept most of it. Wacky dreams though. I guess while drinking we don't really dream; probably a lot of catching up to do.

I'm on Day 8. I think I'm doing better than I ever have before at quitting. Yesterday there were a few times that "the voice" was telling me this is all a mistake and it would be nice to have a "few". I told "it" that I am in charge now and to go away (actually I used a little stronger, unladylike vocabulary). This morning I feel so good that I got past that. I'm sure it will happen many more times and I hope I can keep my resolve. Everyone here helps me with that.

Another thing that I am doing that I believe helps me is listening to relaxation/self-hypnosis cd's. I have some to aid with sleep (they don't put me to sleep but they do relax me) and I have recently purchased a couple meant to help with addictions. I'm not going to get up on any soap-box and say they are the answer but I do think they are aiding me in this and I am sure they cannot hurt.

Does anyone else worry about how you are going to handle situations with family and friends where you would usually drink? I don't want to "come out" about this, at least not yet. For now, my husband and I have agreed that we will just avoid any social situations for awhile - not hard, we are pretty reclusive anyway. By the way, hubby is "normal" and has no problem with alcohol but he is supporting me however he can.

Well, let's all do one more day and try to have a good one.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning classmates. I had a great sleep last night, omly my second since I quit but it is so good when it happens. It is good to hear you are getting so much support from your hubby Yellow duck. I haven't been to one of those family things yet but I will be next weekend. I think I will just avoid the subject and if it comes up be honest as there is nothing shameful about quitting drinking.
Well back to the regular routine, gym, lunch, walk, etc. I am bored but at peace.
Diet starts tomorrow.
Have a good one one and all.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

into day 7 - I believe that is one week!!!!!!!!! I believe that I am going to make it one week - I can't believe it. Sunday should be fairly easy to get through - typically the wife asks if I'd "like to join her for a cocktail on the veranda" on a nice Sunday afternoon. Well that trigger point is away in FL this weekend - LOL. Sleeping oK, but still waking up feeling a little hung - what's up with that? Have a great day, JT
Old 02-08-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Morning class.

Yawn, stretch, coffee and shower.

Then to this site for my morning vist.

WTG on your sober walk Yellow duck.

Fubarcdn-have fun with the diet thing, sounds yummy.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Good morning class.......hey Duck, that is the hardest part at the beginning......returning to the "outside world." I was invited to two things this weekend.....one was a b-day party at a bar, I told her I had to work. The other is a girl's night, seemingly harmless....games, eating......BUT chocolate martini's......I don't really want to go there and watch everyone get tipsy. I just don't. So, as new as I am to all this......I just keep finding excuses not to go.......at least for now. I don't want to see people get drunk! I am trying to pick out some friends and do healthy things with them.......museums, movies, stuff like that. And however much I sometimes feel like a social outcast, I like who I am now, and that empowers me. I hope you find the same strength!

The class will help us!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all on a brand new day. Love you all.:ghug2
Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Resident

One night we should pick a movie, all rent it and watch it at the same time, then come on here and discuss it. I haven't seen a movie since I started drinking and that was a while back.
I will start with a suggestion,
Has anyone seen the Wizard of Oz?
I hear that is supposed to be pretty good.
I am so warped.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

slumber party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Morning all....I'm kind of a class skipper...gotta get used to coming here more often, feels like I'm missing the assignments.

Assignment number 1...stay sober.

I've done that one...not sure what my grade would be....hopefully as long as its completed on a daily basis I'd get an A from Fubarcdn....

Least, you here today?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Massey, you have been gone.....Fubar retired......we are searching for a new teacher. The class is getting rowdy........!!

The Wizard of Oz is too scary.....that little dog man.....nightmares.....lol