Notices

Class of January Part 2

Old 02-15-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post

I have to ask you guys something.......do you think it would be ok to post a thread asking for some positive thoughts on some medical appts tomorrow? I am pretty scared.
Absolutely! We care for you VC!
:praying
Old 02-15-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Resident

I second what js said. I think that the support you get will comfort you and ease your anxiety and also help everyone that posts by making them feel useful in a small way.

I am sending my good thoughts your way by the way.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

VC - I am with js and Furb.. I have to say from personal experience on SR that putting something specific out there like your medical appointments will get you very focused support and I know we will be thinking about you through your time. You will know we are with you so post it! This SR stuff is powerful!

Here briefly today - more time to be in class on Tues.. Still hanging in here.
:ghug
Old 02-16-2009, 02:40 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hi all. Sounds like everyone is doing great. I am on Day 16 now; funny how the first 10 seemed to be forever and the last 5 have gone by so fast. I've been feeling more motivated, have a lot more energy, sleeping great most nights.

I haven't posted for a few days but have been checking in to read every day. It's so encouraging to see so many doing well and in great humour.

I'll have a little challenge tonight - my sister is coming to visit and staying overnight. We usually get into some wine and I'm going to be saying no thanks. I only see her a few times a year so I think this time I will just plead a headache. Might explain it to her another time but I'm just not ready yet.

Have a good day.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:56 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Morning class...good to be back in class after a day off. Spent Sunday eve walking the dogs around the back 40 at sunset, it was real peaceful. Just taking it easy and spending time with my wife over valentines weekend...it is a whole weekend you know, not just a day....that's what my wife says anyways.

Made it to day 28 today, seems hard to believe when I look back on it, almost a month gone by and no booze....sweet.

Back to church and teaching yesterday after a couple of weeks off, needed a little hiatus, thankful that the folks there are very understanding.

Have a great day class...and positive thoughts/prayers for tomorrow...February 17...kind of a D-day of sorts for the auto biz. Kinda scary around here.

Welcome to the newcomer!

Peace all.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see everyone seems to have survived the weekend and that we have a newcomer to our class as well.

I was a good boy over the weekend as well. Yesterday was Day 35 for me. I can't believe I've gone a complete 5 weeks without so much as a drop of booze. I never would have believed it before I started.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I am here with my permission slip to get out of class today...(forementioned reason) Fub's not here, will someone makes sure he gets it? I also wonder if I can get the homework from someone later.........lol

Have a strong day....
Old 02-16-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hey VC I'll tape to his coffee cup in teachers lounge.

Keep your chin up, it'll all work out.

We're all proud of you.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning one and all.
That is a good idea Yellow duck. With some people I say I am on antibiotics and can't drink.
I had to make it through a drinking even where everyone was drinking and I was sober. I have to admit I was a little jealous but I made it. It was only as boring as it would have been if I drank anyways and at least this morning I am not hungover so all is good.
Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Morning class
We'll be thinking about you VC..
Doing OK here - still not drinking and working it every day. Not much new but that is probably AOK.. Raining like crazy here which is great because we needed it bad.
Have a good one this Monday januarians.

KB
Old 02-16-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Peace today VC, prayers for your appointments. We'll be thinking of you.

Everyone that celebrated Valentine's day....was it a bit weird (in a good way) not having some drinks at dinner or after? My wife and I went to a nice restaurant that we have went to for years on special occasions....they sat us RIGHT next to the bar. It's a tiny little place, kinda fancy I suppose, but the bar is only like 6 stools. RIGHT next to that sucker. I had a moment of eyeballing the greygoose sitting up there, just a fleeting moment.
We drank about 4 cups each of some really good coffee....oh ya, and ice water.

Kind of a bit of a milestone for me I guess, first time out really since I quit. Turned out good...and it wasn't that hard. Had a great time with my lovely wife, and the conversation was coherent....and I didn't fall asleep right when I got home. Nice night with the woman I love so much.....refreshing change.

Good day all!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Good morning Class,
Thought I'd better check in because I'VE BEEN SOBER FOR 14 DAYS.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great also - let's keep it going!

VC - we're all with you - good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Have a great Monday, JT
Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Massey,
I had a similar (late) V-day dinner. We when out last night (Sunday) to a bar/resturant that is our fav. place, but sooo many drunken memories, or lack there of. But the wife got her chardonay and I got a sweet tea (a southern thing). I had no cravings or problems at all. The best thing - my bar tab was $2.15 - wife's was $20.

JT
Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Way to go JT....but that sweet tea thing....ugh. I used to help make that stuff in the spring...it was called maple syrup... Sorry man, but up here for me tea is black and bitter....lol.

Good job on staying sober man.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

jan 22

i have 26 days, yea, but am stilled depressed for some reason? thanks for all the good posts!: You_Rock_
Old 02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

jan 22

i have 26 days, yea, but am stikled depressed for some reason? thanks for all the good p;osts!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:13 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

I can't believe I beat Massey to class this AM!
Getting ready to go for a swim - in the rain which is absolutely one of the most fun things to do in the dark (5:45 start).. And clear headed too!

Got through the long weekend on track.. I am finding that now, with > a month with no alcohol I can think forward (beyond today) without any alcohol and feel fine.. In the beginning I really did need to stay in the moment almost exclusively. Now I feel safe thinking "at the end of this week it will be 40 days.." and know that it will.

Enough musing..
Wishing us all a sober good day in this world..
:ghug
Old 02-17-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

I was here earlier KindBird, I swear!! I just didn't want to seem like the teachers pet...lol

Good day to everybody! I'm beginning day 29 here in the winter water wonderland....

Hope everyone is having a good start to another day..

Peace all.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
I was here earlier KindBird, I swear!! I just didn't want to seem like the teachers pet...lol

Good day to everybody! I'm beginning day 29 here in the winter water wonderland....

Peace all.
The jig is up, we are all quite confident that you ARE the teacher's pet. First one to class in the morning, the last to leave at night, leaving apples, inquiring about the teacher's diet, it's all there.

Good morning classmates..........not to sound like a broken record, but today feels like D-Day for me with these damn med tests.......but I have made a decision either way.......if indeed it comes back bad, I refuse to let it ruin my life again......I have spent the last 4 years worrying if cancer would come back......no more. Just like alcohol, it will not be the boss! I will not live in the dark because of either one! Sorry, I know this isn't a health forum.......

Live a full and strong day today everyone! :ghug2
Old 02-17-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KindBird View Post
Getting ready to go for a swim - in the rain which is absolutely one of the most fun things to do in the dark (5:45 start).. And clear headed too!
Originally Posted by masseyman View Post

Peace all.
Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post

Good morning classmates..........not to sound like a broken record, but today feels like D-Day for me with these damn med tests.......

Live a full and strong day today everyone! :ghug2
G'morning y'all-
K-bird enjoy your swim, turn an extra lap for me.
Masseyman, you hit a benchmark of sorts tomorrow, Happy '3-0' Good for you!
VC, don't forget that D-Day was just the start for what turned out to be V-Day.
And to all who haven't posted yet-as VC stated, "Live a full and strong day today everyone!"