Notices

Class of November Part 4

Old 12-28-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

NYE is hard CG, I'm planning that to be the night I put the bottle down. It's too damn hard with the family here and they are going home on NY day. I'm not one for NY resolutions either.

Maybe we have to look at it as a life style, a good one!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I'm babysitting and throwing a party for 5 year olds. They aren't allowed to drink around me and they know it, lol!!

We'll have to remember it's your birfday cg!! That will not go unnoted!!

Good plan Nands, I couldn't spend NYE around people actually celebrating it like I used to. One thing I noticed on Christmas Day, was how belligerant some ordinarily very laid back people get on drink. Oh, how holier-than-thou I felt!

Actually, not really. I thought of all the times I must have been an unreasonable what-not!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

5 Year olds OMG you are brave lol
Old 12-28-2008, 11:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

ah CG glad you brought that up....i'd love to say the poneys in the mail but i cannot tell a lie....everyones cards adn stuff are setting in the middle of my dirty house waiting for me get them boxed and in the post. It is really adding to that little bag of stress i am carrying around from not doing the things i need to do or even the ones I want to do....but I figure we will all have a little late christmas...say in mid january the way i'm moving on the housework thing today

I like the lifestyle thing too...do you think we can sell the boys on this concept, or is it a female thing incomprehensible to them??? I was a real kick last night to be celbrating sober birthdays. I need to pick up on some sober lifestyle stuff like i use to garden and take walks. corse my excuse is it's too cold right now..wrong season....but you know by the time i get the house clean spring will be here

CG...hope you have some non-drinking friends or at least friends who don't mind not drinking to join you for your bd. Chris rarely drinks on his BD, but i do want to clarify his plans this year. He's back on with his girlfriend....so he may stay sober for awhile.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
getting there

I only have one friend who is a big drinker and we usually only see her briefly on NYE. My other friends are "social drinkers", who have a couple drinks and call it a night...something I cannot possibly comprehend (what's the point?). Nobody will particularly care if I don't drink (except me!).
Old 12-28-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Nands I'm sure the boys would go with the lifestyle thing. Thats if they ever come back that is.

As we are coming to the end of the year (not one I would ever wish to repeat) where do you all see yourself this time next year?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by Pixy1 View Post
As we are coming to the end of the year (not one I would ever wish to repeat) where do you all see yourself this time next year?
Oh, man. I don't know if I can even imagine this time next year. I'm having a hard time imagining next WEEKEND right now.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

lol I thought it was just me
Old 12-28-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Not a chance, Pix.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Next year this time I expect I will be with cola girl and TSH on a plane headed over to england to visit our good friends and meet them at a tat shop so i can get the tatoo i promised you all i'de get on my arse if we all are sober next christmas

pixie...your worry is really bleeding into the computer...the boys are fine I heard from jiggy this morning and he hopes to be here tomarrow (hope you don't mind me sahring that or did he already say that?) my memory is a sieve. Wibbles is back on track but he has important accounting stuff to do with it being the end of the year and all...he shall check in in the morning I am sure....timmy is on my sht list at the moment, but i'm sure wibbles and jiggy will be on his arse soon and he will post even if only a f-u i have a life now (i'de be pleased with that actually). Fizzy is off as the designated driver on the families irish pub crawl, showing his strenght of charactor to us all in our new sober path.

Girls now are all in line aren't we Pixy is looking forward to the new year sober, CG is out of the snow and ready for a sober birthday even if she has a tad bit of a resentment building about it...CG...I'm sure i will be here so pop on at 12 and give me a shout unless you are busy getting kissed TSH has yet to post exact plans, but i expect to see the trivials take off soon as she has a real flair.

Now I on the other hand am gonna pss you all off...i have not yet STARTED cleaning house...do you know just how in trouble i am with that....it's almost 4pm and i have at least 6 hours of cleaning to do...plus bills, plus gifts and lots of other stuff..oh no clean clothes either...

I have no desire to drink today yipeeeeeee! as for the rest...if nothing changes nothing changes....sokay though cause once i kick things back into shape I will be steady ahead and inspiring....oh yeah..have i told you i'm really pssed at my sponsor
Old 12-28-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Nands, today has been declared Jammies Day here in my house. We're all wearing our PJs all day long and goofing off. I *did* get out and make a quick grocery store run, but I'm back in my jammie pants and fuzzy socks now. I'm about to go play Rock Band 2 How bout you join me?

I didn't tell you about my upcoming trip next week yet, did I? Twas one of my pressies. I'm excited, but also very nervous.

I used to be a bean counter. Still have my license and all, just don't WORK any more. I DO NOT MISS tax season!!!! Or year-end accounting. Blech.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I am all up for a new tat, too!
Old 12-28-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

don't leave us hanging TSH!!!!!! what trip!!!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I think thats a splendid idea Nands. To celebrate a full year of sobriety you guys fly over and we will all get tattoos
Old 12-28-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

they have to be of roman soldiers pixie...still on?
Old 12-28-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I was given a plane ticket to Buffalo, NY to go meet an internet friend. Another friend, from Mexico, (who I've met several times and is a VERY dear friend of mine) is going to be in (very near to) Niagara Falls and they are going to meet up. They've been trying to talk me into coming up there for this visit but I thought I wouldn't be able to (just got back from NYC trip, Christmas, etc).

So I leave on Thursday and come home on Sunday. Will spend Thursday night and Fri/Fri night in Buffalo with friend I've not yet met (but have talked to online for about 4 years). We will go to Niagara Falls on Sat. morning to meet up with my other friend (and some of her family). Plans from that point on are still up in the air. I am probably going to get a room at the hotel they're staying at, spend the night there, and have a shuttle take me back to the Buffalo airport Sunday morning.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I wonder if I could have gotten any more parenthetical phrases in that post. LOL
Old 12-28-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Off to bed now, back to work tomorrow

Night all :ghug
Old 12-28-2008, 03:24 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

you are up past bed time...i have to go back too
Old 12-28-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
getting there

TSH I thought parenthetical references were my thing!

Nands, how did I miss this tattoo thing? I don't remember you agreeing to that, what are the details?? And why are you pissed at your sponsor?

Next year at this time... wow, who knows? Hopefully less depressed and more sober. Would like to not be a basket case over every little thing.

Oh yeah... I don't have to go back to work until the 5th!