Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 101

Old 03-10-2024, 04:47 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Nice to see you AutumnTree

I am grateful to get a new account bonus deposited from the bank….just in time to put it towards car maintenance tomorrow

Grateful for some much needed r&r

Grateful to get 2 loads of laundry done & a few groceries today …and a couple of plants re-potted so they can stretch out

Grateful for recovery
Old 03-10-2024, 05:19 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Purps, that's great about the bonus! Yippee. Seriously, that's terrific news. Everything helps.
Grateful today went really well at my sisters. My BIL has been doing 12+ hour shifts for the last 4 days so he was sleeping when I first got there, and he woke up later. He is so nice. He carried my laundry out of my car, which helps my back greatly. He is a very decent man. I got my laundry done, She washed and dried most of it and I folded. We didn't get to watch the movie because there was something wrong with their special channels. We watched some of Capote's Swans. Great acting, very impressive. Interesting. I'm not a high society watcher, I know some of those people through horses, I knew they had money, but what a lot of money and the nefarious behavior it can buy sometimes. The stories are good, some of the people leave a lot to be desired in the series. Kind of ambivalent about it.
Astro, sending prayers to you and Mark. 💗
Alpine, I think placemats would be perfect for quilting! I bet they'll look well. Hoping and sending good vibes that you are doing well. 💜
Zen, Hope all is well in your world and with Ry!
Have a wonderful evening. Pleasant dreams. Love and peace to all.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:34 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Aly, I'm plugging away at sober life and I am doing well. No depression symptoms as in my addict past, anxiety is 98% managed with wild attacks out of the blue, dangit. The infrequent bad ones pass quickly thank all the Gods old and new. GAD is still there in my subconscious apparently. All and all everything is much, much, and much better now. I read my Zen daily, Meditation sessions with Ry plus being here at SR is wonderful. I have a wellness routine now.

Hey All

Grateful -

- HBO. When cable and network TV is boring or crazy, HBO and SHO save the day I do pay more for TV than I do for rent.
- on delivery my new mini circular saw.
- Ry by my side.
- a clear conscious, AA and my HP helped in that department.
- I no longer drag my past with me like a ships anchor.

Goofy time change and a very late nap is going to muck up my sleep maybe tonight. Oh well, thats life Life is good.

Rest well, see ya tomorrow
Old 03-10-2024, 08:36 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good evening kind ppl:

Hi Aly-
I have been watching Feud, too. I guess CZ is part of the horse set? Performances on the show have been amazing. Couldn’t believe that was Demi Moore. Not a fan of the story. Difficult to emphasize with ppl whom I can’t really relate to. (Except maybe the drinking. But I never drank that often).
My husband has been working 12+ hour shifts too. Comes home like a zombie. Your BIL sounds very kind.

Great news about the bonus, Purps!

Astro I hope that you and your brother are doing okay.

Grateful for:

A working microwave
Watching the Oscars with my husband (and his family via group chat)
Tomorrow being day 60

Hugs to you all. You’re wonderful people.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:02 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Kudos Peke for day 60. Two months. Whoot whoot!

Tonight I'm grateful for getting through another one of my tough yoga videos. I keep repeating the tough ones and I think I'm getting a bit better.

Also I'm grateful for my lovely brother who faithfully visits my Dad on Sundays and zooms with the rest of us from my Dad's room. It is lovely. My brother's MIL has been failing and he got choked up about it. I do love that man and am so lucky to have him in my life.

Good night all
Old 03-10-2024, 10:22 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to live in a nice apt, close to stores and things. Grateful for Billie and Lily and Franny, they are such good companions.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:23 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Astro, since I know you like biking. Here is my winter ride

][/url]
Old 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Alpine, I love it!! AZ Nordic Village allows fat bikes on their snowshoeing trails, someday I may have to try that if they have rentals Fat biking out to a yurt for the night would be fun. And French bread pizza sounds delicious!

Zen - Any chance you've watched Night Country on HBO? I need to get caught up on the last couple weeks, which in fact may be the finale.

Grateful to get released from work on time yesterday so I could bring my brother a sandwich and walk his dogs. Back tonight to make a recycle run and wash his car, walk the dogs again, maybe bring over another meal.
Grateful to be getting lots of stuff done around the house while I WFH today, including baking up sourdough biscuits to take to hunting camp.
Grateful, just grateful, God you bless our lives so much.

Purps - Congrats on the bonus! We had to shell out $800 for a vehicle repair last Friday so I can relate. Oof, but we'll manage and need to have the old Scion running for my wife.
Old 03-11-2024, 12:42 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Checking in early because I know I shut down in the evening
Astro, my bike is set up for bike packing as well and those tires have studs on them. Unstopable..lol We did a lot of backcounty skiing into the huts in CO. Part of the 10th mtn division.
Purps, congrats on the bonus
Grateful I used our rowing machine today and went for a walk
Grateful for food in our house
Grateful to see some spring flowers coming up through the ground
Old 03-11-2024, 05:38 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Peke, interesting that you're watching it too. The people are really something else. Yes, I think CZ is more about the horses and animals than some of the other ones. If I had a lot of money, I would ride horses and swim in my pool! Plus take care of my rescues, but the Capote thing is kind of addictive. Like I said, I cannot even imagine caring that much about what society thought of me, but I've been reading stories about those people for years, in Vanity Fair, etc. They didn't eat to stay so thin, but they sure liked their pills and booze. Back in those days they gave out all kinds of stuff prescription. Some of it is in books too. I'll probably watch more of it. The people, if I couldn't laugh at them, I'd barf!
Grateful Walgreens was a snap this morning. Hardly anyone was there and I picked my stuff up right away. Yay!
Alpine, I hope you get a good night's sleep. Glad you're listening to your body. You sound well. So nice to hear from you this morning. You've been up for hours and I'm just waking up, so you'll have to forgive me if I sound goofy.
Zen, glad to hear from you and how you're doing. You are so helpful and kind to me when I get in a rut. Thank you for that!
Astro, sending love and prayers to you and your brother.
Least, so very nice to see you. I hope you are feeling well these days. Say hi to Billie for me.
Have a wonderful evening all. Pleasant Dreams. Love and peace to everyone.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:53 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Any time Aly
Sweet ride Alpine
Mo Cash for Purps
Astro, I have watched the third season. I have followed Jody's career since Taxi Driver "are you talking to me" LOL.
60 days is cool Peke.

Grateful for -

- MotoGP Replay.
- sandpaper
- finding the screw that fits. Always keep a jar of loose screws nuts bolts around for good luck...LOL
- cat food. What would I do without it, go hunting everyday? Yikes!

Happy shut eye all
Old 03-11-2024, 05:57 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hi friends

I am grateful for the peaceful 45 minute nap I had earlier

Grateful for “local twitch response” which I just learned about….a reaction from using my TheraCane back massager; twitching around the problem areas, suggesting healing and that the muscle knots might finally be starting to loosen up

Grateful for recovery and all of our support peeps
Old 03-11-2024, 08:38 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Purps - nice to get some positive news

I’m trying to crawl my way back into my routine of all sorts including posting here

so we will start with that!

grateful to be here with you all
grateful that gratefulness works

grateful for my kids teacher who is amazing and gave her extra hugs today when home was tough.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:05 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

SE, great to see you and good for that teacher!!

I''m knitting a sweater with a pattern that pushes my abilities in knitting. Last night I was pretty sure I had really messed up but this evening I figured it out and Im fine.

Phew!

And for this I'm grateful.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:52 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hello Grateful People !

Grateful to be alive and sober.
Grateful that I am letting myself just hang low and be quiet for awhile and not feel bad for doing it, and realizing it is a form of self care which I never really did before.
Grateful to be learning more about myself as a sober person, the new me.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:21 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Astro, since I know you like biking. Here is my winter ride

][/url]
Me too Alpine. Love this pic!
Old 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 424~~ALive View Post
Hello Grateful People !

Grateful to be alive and sober.
Grateful that I am letting myself just hang low and be quiet for awhile and not feel bad for doing it, and realizing it is a form of self care which I never really did before.
Grateful to be learning more about myself as a sober person, the new me.
Those last two are particularly awesome 424.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:27 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support Zen.
Grateful for:
-three sweet dogs
-more work
-the lady in the park who reminded me that everyone has problems
-new plug-in motion sensors lights from Amazon (I won’t trip on my way to the bathroom at night)
-the ppl who said they’d ride with me tomorrow night instead of our usual Wednesday night (I’m leaving for a destination wedding in New Orleans)
-highlights
Old 03-12-2024, 05:42 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Zen, the first season of True Detective was always my favorite until this one came along, I find it to be more chilling than the previous seasons.

Grateful for leftover ribs, steamed broccoli, and homemade sourdough biscuits with garlic butter.
And of course I had to follow up that meal with a mile on the treadmill.
Grateful I managed to keep up with my workload yesterday in spite of my partner being on vacation.
Grateful for an offer of more side work, but also grateful that I had the sense to decline, enough is enough.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:24 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Aly, Yay for winning at Walgreens! My sleep was pretty spotty last night but all is good.
Zen, always good to keep those around..You just never know when and what size you may need
Purps...glad you had a nice nap
SE, nice to see you here
Bekind, I bet that sweater will be beautiful. What colors?
424, you are your number one priority so good for you on doing what you need to do for yourself
Peke, hope you had a good ride
Astro, I loooove ribs. Sounds good. As does the mile on the treadmill
Grateful for the sun
Grateful to get 2 walks in not including walk with Riley pup
Grateful for the weight workout I did
Grateful to get more blocks done for a quilt I am making
Have a great night all.