Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 101

Old 03-05-2024, 04:14 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I am grateful for quiet and drama-free evenings

Grateful to see some bulbs and trees starting to bloom

Grateful for my TheraCane
Old 03-05-2024, 05:37 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I agree with Purpls, I too am grateful for a quiet and drama-free evening.
Grateful I talked to my sister who has been sick. If it had been the other sister, I would not have called. But given that she has been sick for a while, I did want to get in touch. I know her liver is vulnerable. Grateful she sounds good. She wants to make my mom some scones and bring them by tomorrow.
I'm having a lot of trouble signing onto DMV's website because I can't change my email. . My sister said she'd look at it, but I doubt she'll be able to break the log on either. I'll likely have to go down there and wait in line in this nasty weather. Oh well. Grateful that's all I have to do for my driver's license. It just seems like it should be a little easier. I'll try it again and just maybe I'll get them on the phone to fix the login.
The bank called and said someone tried to initiate an ACH today through my bank account. I said it wasn't me. Thank goodness my bank is watching. That's scary that they can possibly get into my account. I don't even have enough money for them to bother with. When I got hacked before, the evil one put all my info she stole on Tor, the black web. So I have to wonder who or what may or may not have my info. It's very anxiety causing. I am grateful for so much, but this whole thing has practically got me paralyzed. I can barely deal with it as it is causing me a lot of angst! I wish they didn't pick me to do this too. Prayers for me and for anyone suffering or struggling in any way.

Astro still sending prayers to you and your brother.

Hi Zen, friend.

Grateful for all of you. Grateful we have a kitchen full of groceries, sans a few things I ordered. Grateful for our housecleaners who I think are coming next week. Grateful for our huge snowpack for the summer water situation. Grateful for my blessings Have a wonderful evening. Love and peace to you all.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:00 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Not as much as I do, Zencat.

Grateful for
-the fact that the LOST pug was FOUND after three nights in the woods during not one but TWO snowfalls here in the cold Pacific Northwest
-see above

Good night.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:00 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Zen, why did you quit driving? Don't answer if this is an inappropriate question.

Tonight I'm grateful for
- going to a bustling Rec Center
- workout with a friend
-picking lemons from a loaded lemon tree (looks like a big bush to me)

Good night to everyone.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:46 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Aly, I'm sorry you're having the hacking issues with your bank account, it sucks that you're having to deal with that. So annoyed by hackers, they need to get a honest life, ugghh.

Grateful for a quick frozen pizza before we ran off for family stuff.
Grateful to see granddaughter's choir performance, they always do so well.
Grateful to sit next to the grandsons.
Grateful my brother had a telehealth appt. with his neurosurgeon but they might need to rush him in for a CT scan.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:09 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Astro, I hope everything turns out ok with the CT scan. Thinking about you both!

Hello Grateful People!

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful that I am realizing I shouldn't buy any more ice cream. Sugar doesn't agree with me. but I don't have portion control either, that could be part of it.
Grateful that I can order items online and have them sent to my door. was well worth the membership I paid, (you know who company).
Grateful for minestrone soup for dinner.

See you tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:10 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Grateful to have the internet back. It was down all afternoon
Grateful I visited my Mom in her nursing home
Grateful for home made street tacos that I made
Grateful to have used our rowing machine, went on a walk and used the treadmill despite being so tired
Astro continuing to pray for your brother.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:13 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Astro, continuing to pray for you and your brother as well. You are so kind for all you do for him. 💗 I know, there is a special place in He** for hackers. I'm still so scared I'm going to lose my money and that's it. That's all I have. I have to remember that we are being protected by our HP all the time and through all things. In this day and age, I almost feel like taking all my money out and putting it under my mattress. You gotta wonder...
Grateful to see my sister today. She came over and we sat with our mom in her room. She brought my mom a scone, she made her a bunch, and my mom liked them. She also brought her some black licorice beans. Not my thing, but my mom loves black licorice. We visited for a while and it was nice.
I need to go to Walgreens tomorrow. I should have gone today. My sis was going to go for me. She said she went to the store and it was like 9 deep at the pharmacy and people were getting mad, so she said forget it. I have to find a time that is better. Probably early if I can get up! She was there around lunch time which is clearly not a good time. Well, hopefully the Walgreens angels will be with me and I won't have to stand in a long line and wait. If I'm really ambitious, maybe I'll do some laundry.
Have a nice evening all. Pleasant Dreams. Love and peace to you all.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:36 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Peke, bless you for taking care of that little dog. Poor thing. He probably would have not made it, if not for you. You did a good thing. I'm big into Animal Welfare and I couldn't have left a dog like that either. Good for you. They are so helpless. Grateful you took action.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:26 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

BKA, I'm not too fond of the expenses that go with car ownership now I have electric bicycle transport. Yet to take public transport as I rely on my friend to drive to an appointment. The only wrong question to ask me is the one you don't ask

Arg to internet anginst Aly. I had to wipe my computers over the ages more than once. I have yet to back up my files in the event of a hack because when I delete my PC program everything is lost. I think I'm on the Microsoft cloud

Grateful -

- for the rain except for the leak in my apartment ceiling
- record-keeping. I have a financial issue to iron out. I caught an error
- my home is a no-drama zone. Take that shat down the road...LOL I'm with you Purps.
- First 48 on A&E Network. Gritty, nasty, and mean in the city. Love, Drugs, and Money are the top killers.
- no arrest warrant thank you very much please amen

Catch you on the flip side of the night
Old 03-06-2024, 09:50 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Peke, bless you for taking care of that little dog. Poor thing. He probably would have not made it, if not for you. You did a good thing. I'm big into Animal Welfare and I couldn't have left a dog like that either. Good for you. They are so helpless. Grateful you took action.
Oh Aly…
I wasn’t the one who found him!! I did search a little. But another woman found him. We had two snow falls since he went missing. It’s miraculous for sure.
And he is 15 yo.
Great community effort.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:53 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Grateful for:

-the fact that they will come tomorrow to fix our heat
-the road ride where I could think and process the day’s events
-the fact that I’m trying not to make assumptions
- my sweet dogs
-not getting the scale
-buying laxatives, but not taking any
Old 03-07-2024, 04:17 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by 424~~ALive View Post
Grateful that I am realizing I shouldn't buy any more ice cream. Sugar doesn't agree with me. but I don't have portion control either, that could be part of it.
I'm fighting this battle too, 424. I think I get a sweet craving almost every night. Dove into a bag of Swedish Fish last night and I don't even like the way they stick to my teeth Planet Oat Chocolate oat milk is a lifesaver

Grateful to come home in time to make my wife a little birthday dinner and hopefully we'll get to eat Chinese take-out tonight.
Grateful that the traffic wasn't too horrific getting my brother to his appointment for TMJ.
Grateful they might have some solutions for his lockjaw.
Not grateful at all for rising fuel prices again, blah, and these damn long drives for my brothers medical care but I gotta do what's right.
Old 03-07-2024, 02:11 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Astro, I hope you had a nice evening with your wife on her birthday
Aly, I hope you survived Walgreens
Grateful for Riley. He just woke up from a nap where he was resting his head on my lap
Grateful I will be making garlic shrimp tonight and a salad
Grateful for my sobriety
Old 03-07-2024, 06:04 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful -

- for my country, problems and all. Life in Haiti is not good now.
- plenty of food stock.
- Fuzz Buzz Cat makes me happy.
- a break from the rain
- a world of possibilities is before me
- soberity makes it all happen.

Night Night my wonderful people
Old 03-07-2024, 06:26 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hello Grateful People !

Grateful to be alive and sober.
Grateful that I pulled 99.6% of the weeds outside, it was looking like a jungle out there!
Grateful for asprin, all that yard work and I am sore tonight.
Grateful for leftover soup, no cooking tonight.

That'll do it, I am tired. See you tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2024, 08:45 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Good evening. I haven't caught up with all the goats but I'm yawning and ready for bed.

I'm grateful for
- heavy rainstorm in the desert
- catching a problem with my credit card payment before it dinged my score
-a nap

Sleep well friends.
Old 03-07-2024, 10:59 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Grateful for:

-no repairs necessary for broken heater
-freshly washed towels
-watching my husband skip rocks on the beach
-takeout dinner
Night sweet ppl.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:12 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you Alpine, my wife and I were able to watch our grandkids choir performance, then we joined stepdaughter and her fiance for Chinese takeout and a delicious birthday cake. Now I'm hoping her "big gift" (finally piece of luggage to complete her set) shows up at our door today while we're both working from home.

Grateful for that Chinese food, so yummy but yes it's true, it never fills you up until you've overeaten
Grateful to get some rest which adjusts my sometimes crappy attitude.
Grateful for payday, emptied my wallet buying gas which is frustrating me to no end but at least I've got some $$ back in my pocket for the next week of running my brother to appointments.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:49 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

So true Astro!