Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 101

Old 03-08-2024, 01:23 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Zen, possibilities are endless
Astro, Ohhhh..We love Chinese food too and only get it a couple a times a year. I hope the luggage came. Now time for some trips! Gas prices sure are crazy.
Grateful to get some sewing done, but have been so darn tired I kept making mistakes
Grateful for a warm house and food on the table

Old 03-08-2024, 02:30 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Astro, sending prayers to you and your brother. I hope you two are well and you are taking care of yourself. You know, it's interesting, I love good Chinese food and when we first moved out here there were a lot of good restaurants. Now the last one left was terrible the last time we went there, so there are almost no Chinese restaurants around here anymore and I miss it. I guess we have to Chinatown in SF or Oakland if we want good food.

Alpine, seems prices for everything is crazy right now. Gas in CA is, I think the most expensive in the country and we have all the refineries right here along the coast, esp in certain areas close. I know Gavin Newsome threatened some gas center about the prices being so high here and they were better for a while. I'm grateful for Gavin. He's so brave.
Today was a nice day. I think I'll go to Walgreens maybe tomorrow morning, they sometimes aren't crowded on the weekends in the morning and then I may go to my sisters, do a little laundry and watch a movie, I hope. We sometimes end up talking during the movie. It's nice, but I really want to see this movie. She has all the movie channels, which I don't, and they have a big high def TV, which mine is kind of small. Grateful to see her and that we got along so well. I hope if I go over tomorrow, we have a good time.

Grateful for all of you and for my blessings. Grateful for a low key day. Grateful I may plan a trip, after the weather clears, up to So. Oregon. I want to see how the beaches are, cold likely, but I'd like to see the places to live and how expensive it is. I hear that some of the Oregonians don't appreciate the Californians moving into their state, so I feel kind of funny. I just don't want to drive my car all the way to N. Carolina. Not so sure it would make it. Although it sounds like a great place to live. I'd like to stay nearer to CA if possible. I've been here so long, I used to move so much when I was young that I've gotten to like not moving all the time, although I'm grateful for all the places I've lived and the different cultures I've seen. I really do like the South and some of their ways. A lot of people don't but I was happy down there, both in Dallas and in Tallahassee.
Have a wonderful evening. I really like the evenings and around bedtime. Pleasant Dreams everyone. Love and peace.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:21 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I started a grat post last night and must’ve fallen asleep…

Peke I’m glad the pup was found!

Grateful that my phone wasn’t lost yesterday after realizing it had fallen out of my pocket…..when I ran back to check, it was still there. Phew!

Grateful for a full tank of gas …

Grateful that today was a little better than yesterday.

Grateful for recovery with all our SR peeps
Old 03-08-2024, 05:13 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Whew! Thats is a relief Purps. I left my phone in a bathroom recently. When I went back it was still there too.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:34 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Yikes to losing the phone! I hate it when that happens to me. Ah life, it is sweet

There is a Veit Nam restaurant in town. Good spicy food. There is a large Veit people cluster in Orange County CA I think. Tons of restaurants.

I upgraded my DCV power unit to the track power cable. Happy to get that done. I have 2 baskets to mount on the layout table to hold the controllers next. A good day to be sober

Grateful -

- to buy tools instead of endless dime bags.
- mellow weather
- onion powder
- curry powder
- in a cup-o-soup

Get rested because tomorrow is going to be your day!
Old 03-08-2024, 07:59 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Zen, I love Vietnamese food! There used to be a place in Oakland and one in Walnut Creek, which I'm not sure is still there and there are a couple of Pho places too. A lot of good Asian food is going away from this area for some reason. We had a Peruvian restaurant open down the street, I wonder if it's worth trying. I think a couple of middle eastern restraunts have opened up as well. I guess I have to be open to trying things I've not tried. We need an Indian restaurant too.

Hope you are well, my friend.

Hi Purps and Peke! Hope all is well. Glad today was better than yesterday, P! ☮💫💗💜💙💚
Old 03-08-2024, 08:29 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hi Aly. ❤️

Tonight I am grateful for:
-clean laundry
-being able to smile
-halos (the fruit)
-new sleeping mask with speakers
-Daisy dog literally sleeping on my right shoulder as I type this
Old 03-08-2024, 08:31 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Zen, I love Vietnamese food! There used to be a place in Oakland and one in Walnut Creek, which I'm not sure is still there and there are a couple of Pho places too. A lot of good Asian food is going away from this area for some reason. We had a Peruvian restaurant open down the street, I wonder if it's worth trying. I think a couple of middle eastern restraunts have opened up as well. I guess I have to be open to trying things I've not tried. We need an Indian restaurant too.

Hope you are well, my friend.

Hi Purps and Peke! Hope all is well. Glad today was better than yesterday, P! ☮💫💗💜💙💚
When I visited San Francisco over a decade ago, there was a restaurant called the Slanted door. It was amazing Vietnamese food. I’m sure there are dozens of smaller restaurants equally as good. But I was there on vacation and heard that it was definitely a place to visit.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:26 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hello Grateful People !

Grateful to be alive and sober.
Grateful for a good conversation today with someone close to me, we hadn't talked for awhile and it was nice to do it today.
Grateful for oatmeal raisin cookies, all 5 of them that I ate. I'll get there with portion control, but it sure is healthier than drinking.
Grateful for how our tv's and cable/internet work. I've been binge watching quite a few shows. So much more interesting and easier to keep track of the story line instead of having to wait a week between episodes.
Grateful for SR and wanting to check in each day to post because I like it here, and I like to read what everyone writes and shares.

See you tomorrow, take care all!

Old 03-08-2024, 09:27 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good evening all

I'm grateful for
finally getting through a tough yoga video
attending a discussion group this morning
kicking around thoughts and ideas.
Old 03-09-2024, 05:06 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Old 03-09-2024, 06:39 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful for a thermos of hot soup to warm me up a bit at work last night.
Grateful to come home, build a fire, make a cup of decaf, and I'm gonna sleep for a few hours after I post on SR.
Grateful for all the meals they fed us on our night shifts.
Grateful to keep moving at work and get my step count up, I've been slacking on the exercise lately.
Old 03-09-2024, 04:52 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I am grateful I was able to go back and retrieve my phone today (again) !!!!! Stick a fork in me, I’m done.

Grateful to be home for the night

Grateful to not be triggered while people around me were drinking today.
Old 03-09-2024, 06:38 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hi all, I hope you're well! I'm very grateful for my new job, though it has me going to bed so early I've completely forgotten to post here! Grateful to see a couple of comedy shows recently. Grateful that I have friends to go with me. Grateful that, with time, I can afford to pay for surgery for my dog. Grateful for my health insurance. Grateful for my creaky old body that gets me from A to B most days. Grateful to be sober. Take good care, all.
Old 03-09-2024, 06:39 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Purps, it is time to tape your phone to your forehead...lol Glad you found it.
Alpine

Hi Grat Gang

Made a milk run and some Frito Lay chips/crisps. Best in the world they are...lol. Fun F1 race and NASCAR today with the NHRA opener here in California. Zoomie cars

Gratitude -

- to vote
- to speak freely
- to be treated justly.
- freedom of religion
- the dirt I live on.

There is no place like home

Old 03-09-2024, 06:49 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Astro, prayers and love to you and your brother and for what the two of you have to go through. I know he's been through a lot. Soo good of you to be there for him. Love and peace to you and your brother. s
Alpine, thinking of you tonight.
Grateful for each of you here tonight. Grateful for a nice day. Grateful my anxiety was down today. Grateful that I'm going to my sister's tomorrow, while my yucky sister comes to help my mom with her taxes. So while she's here, I'll be at my other sister's house doing a load of laundry and watching Archie on BritBox, produced by Dyan Cannon and her daughter with Cary Grant, Jennifer Grant, It sounds interesting to me. I think it's about their life with Cary Grant.

AutumTree, terrific to see you. Glad you remembered us!
Have a wonderful evening. Pleasant dreams. Love and peace to all.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:20 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Grateful for
-clean p-traps under the sinks (I don’t enjoy doing that…always put that chore off)
-Daisy pup curled up next to me
-another sober day and night
-cosmic crips apples
-being able to see, hear, smell, touch and taste
-Amazon
Old 03-10-2024, 04:09 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Autumn, I have been missing you and was just thinking about you. I go to bed kind of early so I often post late afternoon. I hope the new job is going well
Purps, I am happy you found your phone
Zen,
Astro, I too continue to pray for your brother and you as well. You have been working so hard with your jobs and helping your brother. I hope you can find some down time to recharge
Aly, thanks! And I am happy to hear your anxiety is down. Keep those headaches away!!
Peke,
Missed last night..Was getting tired
Grateful to be doing the quilting on a quilt I pieced and for making a set of placemats]
Grateful for the French onion soup I made last night. It was my first attempt and it turned out pretty good
Old 03-10-2024, 05:47 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
French onion soup oh yummmm!!

Hello, AT!

Zen - We've been munching on Scoops, I love Fritos

Grateful for leftover chicken curry, jasmine rice, and naan bread.
Grateful for 7 hours of sleep but still could use more.
Grateful for our impromptu dance party and name that tune at work last night, it was fun.
Grateful that today wraps up three long shifts of side work and I can somewhat relax after this.

Mark and I are very thankful for all your prayers, I'm looking forward to seeing him this evening and bringing over a meal.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:12 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hi all
Grateful I made home made french bread pizza for lunch with the leftover bread we had
Grateful I enjoy cooking
Grateful for the mini snow storm we had
Grateful to have several birds come to our feeder