Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 129

Old 01-12-2024, 08:11 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Free, yes to riding emotional storms! I needed to hear this now. Hope you get to see your friend for lunch today
Purps, yes to internet connection. My family’s phones aren’t working but wifi and everything else is
Alpine, glad you got the stove set up properly and fixed error
Numblady, shame as a gateway to growth. For sure
Grateful for many ways to communicate with people when phones don’t work - Slack and even FB has a calling option which I just discovered.
Grateful that when I know I’m right, there’s no sense pushing the message on someone who doesn’t work to hear it. They will learn on their own and deal with the consequences. I’m out
Grateful to do my best to ignore sonny boys rage this morning
Grateful for work life balance and flexibility. That I can make the time to spend half a day at the xfinity store to figure out the phone problems. There’d be no way in my old job
Grateful for team spirit and camaraderie
Grateful I always feel better when I come here no matter how bad I might feel
Old 01-12-2024, 09:47 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Free, I have to talk to my psychiatrist. I accidentally missed my last appointment and I need to speak with him. Thank you for your caring. It means a lot to me. I have been taking some pills for my back that I think I am going to go off of. I don't think they're good for me. I have got to call and get another appt. Soon. I got so mad at their staff that I hung up on the horrible manager.
Grateful I'm making it. I have to go to the dreaded Walgreens and pick up my meds. Walgreens has turned into such a mess. It used to be great.
Grateful for all of you, my friends. So glad to have you with me on this journey. Grateful to be sober all things considered.
Love and peace.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:49 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Apologies are so important - I don't know why some people find them so hard to do.
Alpine - Thanks for Snoopy. Hope dental appointment isn't too bad. It always feels so good when we walk out of there! I have one next week.
NL - Go on as much as you like about bf - we are so happy you found each other.
Grateful for another little bit of sun.
Grateful to be watching Only Murders in the Building.
Grateful I called my neighbor, even though it meant a very loooong conversation. She doesn't want to hang up, but I know she's lonely.
Grateful for our dear GP family.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:43 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Fearless glad you survived the layoffs! Must be unsettling though. There were layoffs at my non profit last year and also at my son's work . We both were spared.
NL hope you have a nice time with bf tonight.
Free I bet it is so cozy in your new home when you have storms. I love watching it snow from a warm home. Still keeping fingers crossed we get something this winter. We have storm advisories for the 3rd time in a week but it is for high winds, tornadoes and flooding rain. Really strange for winter here in the NC Piedmont to have tornadoes and such.
Alpine, so glad you get to enjoy your wood stove. Hope the dentist appt. is uneventful.
Aly I am sorry your Walgreens is not well run. I use one up the street and am very happy with it and the pharmacists are great.
Hev good on you for calling your lonely neighbor.
Hello to Zen, Zura, Purps, FBL and all.

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for fun tennis again today.
Grateful that even though I am having a colonoscopy Tuesday I am not too worried. The docs say it is just a precaution because of my diverticulitis.
Grateful for paid sick days.
Grateful I let the housekeepers go. They were not doing a very good job. My daughters are now going to clean for us. They both are getting a lot of financial help from us and this is a way they can thank us.
Grateful for the GP and SR.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Fearless I’m the same way….I don’t argue to begin with, even when I know I’m right….I’ll just say “ok” and walk away and try not to roll my eyes out loud. (The only time I would find myself arguing was in a relationship….all the more reason for me to be single)

Speaking of which, I am grateful to be single

Grateful for little tossing and turning; managed to fall back to sleep each time I woke up in the night.

Grateful for online guided meditations

Grateful to be here with you all
Old 01-13-2024, 03:04 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Awee, Aly...You have so much going on...I wish there was something I could do to help. Just please take care of yourself...I know it is easy for an observer to say..but you are your number one priority. Feel free to reach out via pm if you need an ear
Hev, the dentist was not bad at all..I have a few issues but I liked all the people there. She does something called. She will be fixing one tooth and instead of grinding it down to a nub for a crown she actually takes care of the issue then builds it back up. I read about it and it is actually quite good and better then a crown. She also will remove an old filling using SMART technique which I had to look up.
Sorry..I may have given you more info than wanted...lol
Fearless, happy you survived the layoffs. It always happened at the end of the year where my Dad worked back in the day.
CB, how is your back doing? Happy you are playing tennis and that your children will be helping with the cleaning
Purps, stay warm
I am not an arguer either..not worth my energy
Grateful for out woodstove..just restarted this morning..so nice and cozy
Grateful for our standard pizza and wings on Friday night
Grateful for everyone here
Old 01-13-2024, 03:05 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 01-13-2024, 05:44 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Aly, echoing others in supporting you to take care of you. Big hugs.
Hi to everyone else. Grat n run today

Grateful
- for all of your kind support esp around bf and feelings of shame
- that it was another awesome night with him and we really didn’t do anything in particular
- for a pretty slow end to the work day, which allowed me to knock off early and hang out with bf
- that I have a warm home as we head into an extreme cold spell
- to get some annoying meetings over with yesterday.
Old 01-13-2024, 05:53 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful I was able to dig out my car (barely) from the parking lot this morning (thank you brand new shovel!).

Grateful that my apartment was nice and toasty when the power (heat) went out early last night (still out this morning).

Grateful for the grocery store manager who let me park in his lot until my landlord comes later to plow out the office area.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-13-2024, 06:15 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

THANK YOU FOR THE meme!

I have STILL been so traumatized by my colleagues unprofessionalism and bullying…… Yesterday was day three, and I was caught between endless ruminating, shock and an action plan.

I too, diffused the situation by saying, “Wow, okay….Talk to me when it’s right for you. The rest of that day was filled with the usual bullying behaviors. I was a rock. I remained professional, courteous, and calm

Calmness is power.

Action. I saw an opportunity in the department I started in, which requires no overnight emergency call. And Witchy-poo doesn’t work there. I would need to interact with her, but not work with her all day. The coworkers are GREAT.

Problem is, I JUST started this other position…….Ahhh, no harm in asking, yeah? I decided NOT to tell anyone, not ONE, that I got stuck by a queen bee. It’s not worth it.

BAM! Called manager and said the overnight call isn’t going to work for me, that she was right. Can I please have the opportunity that just came up with other unit? “Yes!” 🎉🎊🎁♥️

No questions asked (they MUST know the queen bee 🐝 has a stinger

Hopefully I can start in a month. I can do this.

Old 01-13-2024, 06:20 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Grateful for-

An excellent boss
my relationship skills
morning coffee
my friend yesterday, she was tearful
for literally cutting off two feet of crochet project, as I was finishing, I saw a gross error way back. Time is of the essence, MUST get so much done today.
the large ravens yesterday, I’ve never seen them so desperate to get in. One was banging on our metal roof. (Attempted murder?

for kind people, like FBLs opportunity to park elsewhere until his area is plowed……stay warm, FBL 🥶

for all of you, yes, Aly, this thread saves my sanity and my life. I owe you all……

Much love,

F
Old 01-13-2024, 06:29 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yay Free from escaping that kind of person..Nobody has time for that nonsense.... I am sure there are better descriptives..but I am being nice.
Old 01-13-2024, 06:32 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Old 01-13-2024, 07:27 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 01-13-2024, 07:30 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Free, loving the pics of the views from your beautiful home! Glad you are able to use your relationship skills at work. Sounds stressful. Nice to have a boss who supports you. I have some extremely difficult clients. Honestly I think some of them have personality disorders. Lol. I find that when I start y response to every difficult client with “I agree with everything you said” or “I really feel your pain” then I can go on to kindly disagree with them but they won’t notice. Lol
Alpine, thanks for the meme. For sure.
Purps, I’m better with arguments in my professional relationships because I have to be. It’s harder in personal relationships. I will often just say”ok” as well but it’s in a sarcastic tone and the person knows it.
Aly, I hope you get the pills worked out. Are you able to set up mail order pharmacy? My husband did that and it changed his life 😊
CBS, hope the colonoscopy goes well next week
Thinking of everyone in tough weather conditions. FBL, whew on getting the car out!
Hev, only Murders is good
Grateful the wrestling tournament today got canceled. Unfortunately, JV coach is in the hospital with some infection and a replace,ent couldn’t be found at the last minute. Hope he is ok. But sort of glad to have a break from wrestling mom duties. I got all the stuff to make pinwheels. I’m still going to make a variety for home. Roast beef, horseradish and cheddar. Turkey, pimento cheese and spinach. Ham and Swiss. Italian! Can’t wait to try them all. I made a prosciutto Brie and Dijon with arugula last week. So good
Grateful to sign up for yoga this morning
Grateful to get a pedicure too
Grateful the only function not working on our phones is calling. Can still text, and everything else. No one calls anyone anymore anyway right? But I do still have the use of my Zoom phone on my laptop for work. All good
Grateful sonny boy is now going to take the train with friends today to go thrift shopping and lunch. Thrifting is apparntly a cool thing to do now
Grateful for hiking plans early tomorrow then lobster roll lunch with another friend. Getting together for brunch with others on Monday. Glad to get Mr F out
Grateful for you all so much. Love you 😍
Old 01-13-2024, 10:18 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - Great idea that your daughters will now do the cleaning.
Alpine - Sounds like new dentist uses interesting new techniques. Good that you found someone you like. Love the meme - they are obviously plotting someone's demise.
NL - I love it when we can be comfortable with someone without it being boring. That's how it was with MrH right from the beginning - & we still feel that way almost 20 yrs. later. (2nd marriage)
FBL - Hope power was restored by now! Glad you are happy with the new shovel - it's getting a workout.
Free - I don't know how people can stand themselves when they act that way. Happy you can take the other position - you were wise not to bring up the Queen B.
Fearless - That food sounds wonderful - all my favorite stuff.
Grateful we are just cold & windy, not snowy. Maybe later in the week we will get dumped on.
Grateful we're nearly 1/2 way through January - an unpopular month.
Grateful you all help me stay strong & brave.
Grateful for another day of sober life, even though these are scary times.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:39 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for the kindness and support. It means so much to me. Especially right now. Things will get better They have to for the love of Pete!
I'm an arguer most of the time, if someone starts with me. I'd drop gloves with that girl and see her to the ground. Maybe not that badly but someone over her head would know about it. I have a temper but all our tools have helped me be a lot better about it. You have to pick your battles too. Free, sounds like you are being really professional. I've found with bullies the only way to stop them is to confront them and don't show one iota of fear. That's terrible. Like work isn't hard enough. Thanks for taking the time to think of me. Best of luck with that It sounds very unpleasant. Because I was always a very young manager when I was working, I got so much crap and bullying. I learned a lot from the attorneys I worked for though. Wordsmiths I guess one of my sisters is coming over later. I'm going to be very stoic when she's here. After not hearing from her for a month, I don't care to hear from her.
Grateful I got my mom her stuff. It's kind of ugly outside today.
I never did go to Walgreens yesterday so I have to go today. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem as crowded on the weekends? I'm almost out of some of my meds. Walgreens here charges like $15+ to deliver and it takes 5 days. You're lucky if you don't have to wait in line 5 days.
Love to each of you. Free, I'd like to punch that lady in the nose. So sorry. Have a wonderful day. All my love to each and everyone of you. Thank you so much for all of your kindness and support. I hope the weather lets up for some of us, but we are in winter. At least we are getting some rain this year. I hear Lake Tahoe's snow pack, which effects out water, is huge. Better too much than too little, at least in CA the last decade or so.
Old 01-14-2024, 02:54 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Yay Free! I’m glad you have the opportunity. Those types of people are awful. My previous boss (who pretty much drove me out of state) is so unprofessional…super childish; pushes buttons just to get a reaction….I find myself ruminating a lot as well. Anyway, I hope you get the position and it’s a great fit!

I am grateful for the sleep aid I took when I awoke at 11:30…tossed and turned for a bit, but managed to get another 3 hours before the alarm went off

Grateful for the chance to make today better than yesterday

Grateful for my morning routine of SR check-in + coffee, stretches/guided meditations

Extra protective bubble for us all

Old 01-14-2024, 03:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Fear, hope the coach is feeling better
Hev, I am happy to that January is halfway through. Although at the end of the month it is MRI CT scan time..blah
Aly, sending you a big ole hug
Purps, stay warm over there
I myself am not an arguer..the only "person" i argue with is Riley pup about meal times and snack times..lol..He will chirp at me..not bark..just do this chripy noise and tap me on my leg with his paw. And I will say " no, it is not snack time" and he will continue to do it...It is a battle of wills. He is stubborn but so am I
Grateful I just got the woodstove up and running..It cooled off throughout the night
Grateful we still have power
Grateful for I finished putting the binding on by hand on another quilt
Thanks for the bubble Purps
Happy day all, thanks for being you
Old 01-14-2024, 03:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

[/url]