Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 129

Old 01-19-2024, 03:02 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

CBS, forgot to say congrats on 37 months! Way to go!
Fearless, that is so awesome what the skip boss said. You should be very proud. Hope the speech went well.
Free, good to see you again.
Hi and happy Friday to all!

Grateful
- my sis made it in safely and her travel was uneventful
- I will take today mostly off. It feels like there is so much going on at work right now but I also really want to spend some extra time with her
- it’s not freezing yet though it’s headed that way later
- for all the things that feel difficult, I have so much. Last night I saw a young man walking with what looked like a trash bag of all his belongings. The desperation and intensity a person must feel like to be young and have nowhere to go is so far beyond anything I have ever had to experience. I don’t know for sure that this is exactly what was going on with him. But I know it certainly goes on. Hard to think about kind of and to feel gratitude around because it almost feels like celebrating something that is just total luck and totally unfair.
- for perspective
- for health care
- for all of you
Old 01-19-2024, 03:18 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Grateful Mr. A is coming home tonight
Grateful for those mini oranges..so good
Grateful for the snow, very pretty
Old 01-19-2024, 03:30 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

][/url]
Old 01-19-2024, 05:08 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Great job rockin’ it at work, Fearless! Nice to have that job security

Glad you’re feeling a little better Aly, and that you get to hang out with Lennox….I love when I get to visit with other people’s pets

Wow Hev, another rude nurse….I mean, I definitely wouldn’t want their job, but good grief!

Grateful BratCat didn’t pester me to get up and feed him at 4am….I was up at 3 with cramps and took something to hopefully sleep them off. Grateful that I got to doze back off until 6:30. I think he can tell I wasn’t feeling too great.

Grateful for getting to stay in touch with SR and enjoy coffee

I am grateful to come here each day and sense the good vibes from everyone
Old 01-19-2024, 05:42 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Grat Pack!
Bracing here for our coldest weather yet this winter. Still hoping for snow at some point but the cold is coming with dry air unfortunately.

NL I hope you have a nice visit with your sister.
Alpine glad Mr. A is coming home.
Purps glad your kitty had good instincts about not waking you up. Hope you feel better.
Hev I just learned about hydration and IVs etc.. Good to know. Sorry Mr. H nurse was not nice either.
Free congrats on son's wedding!
Aly I hope your niece was able to help with the computer.

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful to play tennis this afternoon before the really cold air gets here.
Grateful for the birds at the feeder this morning.
Grateful for my fireplace.
Grateful for my little Subaru which I need to get serviced. Just an oil change but I keep putting it off.
Grateful still to be able eat food.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 01-19-2024, 07:14 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Numblady, I know how you feel. There is a growing homeless population where I live - all around the bay but even in my small town where there didn’t used to be one. Across the freeway where I go to run and hike is a full line up of RVs that started in the lock down layoffs that has gotten worse. The city and county are trying to do something about it but what can they do. They finally stopped saying the people need to leave and are now providing them with resources and job counseling services. I am grateful for this. I tend to experience vicarious stress and grief so seeing others struggle is difficult for me too.
Alpine, cute poem. I won’t remember even though it’s a mnemonic lol
CBS, stay warm by the fireplace!
Hi Aly, Purps and everyone else
Grateful that during my speech last night I could feel it was going well and so many people came up to me later and complimented me and even suggested I enter this speech in a contest. I’m still riding this wave feeling exhilarated 😊
Grateful it’s not supposed to rain until around 11 am and I have time to run before that. It is supposed to rain all weekend.
Grateful there’s still plenty to do when it rains. I’m going to shop for groceries and prepare chicken enchiladas and some treats
Grateful for my Kindle and all the books and samples I haven’t fully read
Grateful Sonny boy has a break from wrestling this weekend
Grateful for this new peptide eye serum I got which is working
Old 01-19-2024, 09:27 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Grateful for some paid work this week. It provides a bit of structure which is good sometimes ... I like being mostly retired but sometimes it just becomes a big one-person pajama party.
Grateful to have discovered free yoga classes on you tube. Surprised to discover that poses that were easy-peasy ten+ years ago are nearly impossible now. I guess the body changes with age, who knew?
Grateful for choir practice last night and seeing acquaintances.
Grateful for the birds in the yard. Lately it's been the red-breasted nuthatch, the yellow-rumped warbler, and the oak titmouse ... all lovely winter visitors.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:27 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - I love the poem's unexpected ending. Have a fun reunion with your mister. Thanks for needle suggestion - I'll tell MrH.
NL - The homeless issue is heartbreaking - I think of all the warm beds in empty hotels that could be utilized. Our hotels here aren't even at 1/2 occupancy most of the time, since it's not a tourist area. There must be a way to get people out of the cold. Shelters are usually full.
Fearless - My kindle might explode with all the unread content. I need to stop adding to it.
Tursiops - We have the tufted titmouse, but not the others in our yard. A huge hawk has been hanging around - hope he moves on soon
Grateful for another decent sleep.
Grateful it will warm up soon (temporarily) & there may be sun.
Grateful for you all.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:15 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
Hello all!

Grateful my colonoscopy went well except the nurse struggled with my IV. I don't usually have trouble getting those put in and she blamed it on me. She basically said my "valves were in the wrong place and that is not good" WTF. I held my tongue but sort of think I should have said something. She seemed nervous about doing it and I was like uh oh .It took 3 tries and a second nurse did the trick in my hand. Anyway, 1st nurse had poor bedside manner. Doc and nurse anesthetist were great. Also, everything was "normal". A huge relief because there was some concern for reasons I won't go into. Sorry grati whine.
Grateful for 37 months sober today.
Grateful I am not dizzy today. It was bad for few days I think anxiety makes it worse.
Grateful for sunshine but boy is it cold.
Grateful to be able to eat food and have my latte this morning after black coffee 2 days in a row.
Grateful for all of you!
Sorry to hear about the nurse issue..
'.Hangxiety' one for my little black book.(lol)

As for mE I'm grateful for SR AND ALL THE CONTIBUTORS~~~
Old 01-19-2024, 01:01 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Grateful for getting a flight home before our latest snow storm.
Grateful that I got all the shoveling done already.
Grateful to be home with my pets, even if it's cold and snowy here!
Old 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Grateful to see my niece and Lennox yesterday. He has gotten big since I last saw him. He's about 85 lbs and so sweet, a little shy. He hasn't been super socialized, but when I found his itch spot, he started to warm up to me. He is a very handsome dog. My niece was a big help. She was beautiful and sweet as always. She seemed to manage to get mom's computer up and running and is going to work on her cell phone and bring it back in a day or two. I really think she got her father's disposition. He is very kind and gives people the benefit of the doubt, like his daughter. The boys are wonderful too, but they're always off doing their own thing. My oldest nephew is going through something where he really is not into his family and frankly I can't blame him. He lives up North more for work. He got a migraine last time he came home. I am sorry I don't have the close relationship with him that I used to. He's really into his Brazilian Jui jitsu which with his MD really scares me. All those kids are super athletes.! I am so grateful for them. The twins are so sweet too but so very busy with school and their track and field ventures. So proud they are graduating this year from UCSB and one of the twins got accepted to a prestigious Economics program for grad school. They are the whole package, kind, smart, handsome, thoughtful. I think the other twin may take a little time off from school. I wish he'd go to grad school too. He may join his brother eventually. They aren't used to being apart much.
Have a wonderful day. Free, so good to see you. I was starting to get a little worried. Grateful you're here and for your friendship. So good to see all of you and your posts, even if I don't name you all personally. I get something from each of you for which I am grateful. CBS, congratulations on your sober time! Just wonderful. Fearless, so glad your TM speech went so well! So proud of you.
Love and peace to you all. Sorry for the late post. Stomach problems again, but as the day goes on I'm feeling better. I need to run an errand or two but I don't know if I am up for it today. Have a wonderful day all.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:58 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I am grateful for this extra cozy blanket that I bought….even BratCat was in no rush to get up this morning

Grateful for the furnace to warm up the house

Grateful that the temps are supposed to improve after today

Old 01-20-2024, 03:28 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Alpine, yes! Love that poem.
Purps, glad BratCat has been cooperating in the sleep department.
CBS, yes, being able to actually eat and digest food is something to really be grateful for. The suffering of my friend’s husband and others with feeding tubes and similar things I don’t know the terminology for is profound.
Fearless, You must be on a high! Between work and then the speech going over so well it just sounds like so much hard work is paying off. Hooray!
Turs, I love free workouts from YouTube. I have a subscription to an app for yoga but I love getting my strength/cardio/HIIT workouts from some of the wonderful content creators on YT.
Hev, love the hotel idea. Or just the idea of people being able to be out of extreme heat and cold somehow.
Bub, good to see you and yes, love the term “hangxiety”
Sam, so glad you made it home in time. Sounds like it could have been so stressful otherwise!
Aly, so glad you got to see your niece. Hearing you talk about the twins and grad school makes me remember a story from that funeral I went to not that long ago. The man who died was the twin of my old boss and good friend. They went to separate schools for college and it made them realize how miserable they were without one another. That twin bond is something so special.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:37 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Grateful
- I really did take most of the day off with my sister yesterday and we had a nice, leisurely day. Well, until I decided to do a “quick” plumbing thing. See below.
- I learned how to shut off the water to my house finally after having it on my list for so long and knowing I would need it in an emergency.
- that the poet-plumber can come to my rescue later this morning. I tried to put my P trap on with new washers/o rings. Or just put it on in general. And when I tried to turn the water back on my hands weren’t strong enough so I used channel locks to try and turn the angle stop/handle…which was quite corroded and just snapped off.
- in looking for the gear to turn off my water at the street, I found these mysterious tools which also seemed to help slow down the flow of water from my leaky water line where the thing snapped off.
- for a fun evening with my daughter after she expressed how she is tired of me spending so much time with my bf. Oh and also my son asked me if I would refrain from dating until they are out of the house…so there’s that. Not going great but I’m trying not to let it get me too down and to figure out how to give them as much of what they need as i can without sacrificing what I do.
- that I met the most amazing man and he is into me. He surprised me by coming by just to say good night last night. He had to pick up his daughter nearby and I was hopeful I could sneak away for a bit but couldn’t. So without me asking, but knowing I would want him to but not ask him, he came by just to say good night.
- that sis and i get to hang out with him later this morning. And that he had already thought ahead to make a contingency plan for his daughter because he knew the main thing might fall through.
- that he inspires me to be a more thoughtful person and parent, even if I’m not succeeding in it right now.
- for all of you and that you hopefully don’t mind all the gushing too much.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:56 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Fearless what does the peptide serum do? I am thinking I want to try something for my face, not needles or surgery but maybe laser?
Purps and Hev crazy weather. Wind chills in the single digits tonight then we might hit 70 late next week!
Sam glad you made it home safely. Good to "see" you checking in.
NL I think it is a good thing your kids are jealous of BF but don't let that sway you from seeing him ;0) It means they care about you and you are important to them.
Aly glad your niece made it over to help with tech.
Turs I had a lot of bird activity yesterday and now that it is so cold today they are quiet. Perhaps they are all bundling up together somewhere?
Hello to all in the Grat Pack Universe.

Grateful for my GF blueberry pancakes.
Grateful I am going to bundle up and go take a walk. It might be short though because of the wind.
Grateful I am going to get my hair washed and styled this afternoon. No cut just a blow dry. Ha ha I feel like an old lady doing that but I love having my hair done.
Grateful one of my daughters is coming to clean for bit this morning.
Grateful for an hour and a half phone convo with my son and husband last night. He is so smart and logical. Wish he was not so far away.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-20-2024, 07:46 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hi CBS, I hope you are well! When my friend and I went to a skincare spa last weekend I learned that peptides contain antioxidants that help skin and inflammation and they also make collagen and elastin I don’t have many wrinkles around my eyes but I have had uneven Hollow and baggy areas. I’ve had a little filler which worked for a while but ultimately stopped working. It was either embrace my natural aging or try something else. So I chose to later 😊 I did Morpheus 8 for my eyes last summer. It worked miracles! Except I still have a puffy area under my right eye, though it is a lot better. The peptide stuff seems to calm it down
Aly, so glad you got to see your family and Lennox the dog!
Hev, enjoy the warmth. It will be old and rainy here all weekend I’m sort of enjoying this
Numblady, you really impress me with your jumping in learning to take care of your house. I don’t know that I could do that, or have the patience. That is so cute what your son said about dating. Obviously you won’t listen to him but so nice he wants you more to himself. Your bf was so sweet to come by!
Turps, I love the online yoga videos. Have you seen Yoga with Adrienne? I go to a place downtime but it’s expensive to go frequently so when I don’t go in person I watch these YouTube vids
Grateful my chicken enchiladas turned out yummy!
Grateful a client crisis got resolved by the end of the day yesterday
Grateful Mr F is taking sonny boy shopping today for his own electric razor and tweezers for his brows. He’s really into this stuff. He asked me to buy him a tongue scraper for breath. I don’t notice bad breath but he is self conscious. I think he may be thinking about kissing the girl ❤️ When I said I had never heard of a tongue scraper, he said that’s because people in my generation aren’t into self care. Lmao
Grateful I got out for a run before the rain started
Grateful for my wardrobe and variety of styles to go shopping in my own closet
Grateful I have no big plans this weekend. Yoga this morning. Might work on a Shutterfly album
Grateful so much for this group ❤️
Old 01-20-2024, 07:56 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Grateful we made it home safely from the airport last night. It was a late pick up for Mr. A
Grateful the snow seems to be slowing down
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-20-2024, 08:37 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

CBS. I wish I did your IV. One poke, no pain. Even a 7 year old said there was no pain the other day.

Grateful

for morning coffee
getting the wedding throw done last night
delaying our departure for 24 hours so we can visit family and I can help my eldest daughter
for the Packers game tonight and a way to watch it in the warmth of the home
for the -7° this morning in the state I am visiting because it helps me appreciate the warmer winters in Colorado
to pray for Grace and self-confidence Monday morning when I have to meet the witch, who is so unconscionably unprofessional last week
for all of you
Old 01-20-2024, 10:20 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sam - Glad you're home safe.
Aly - Good that it was a nice visit & 'puter is up & running. Hope stomach issue is better.
Fearless - I lol'd at SB's comment about the lack of self care for your generation. (I think there are tongue scrapers on some toothbrushes?)
Free - Hoping it goes well on Monday. No excuse for her behavior.
Alpine - Enjoy your time with MrA - very glad you made it through the snow.
NL - I didn't know what a P-trap even was until we had this horrible smell in the house last year. Plumber came & said - oh, you need to put a cup of water in the P-trap once a year. Problem solved immediately. Who knew?. (Probably everyone!)
Grateful for a bit of sun on the snow
Grateful for MrH's optimism.
Grateful I'm less fragile & sensitive.
Grateful only 11 more days in the very long month of January.
Love to all.
Old 01-20-2024, 12:53 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Grateful that my mom and I got to sleep in. It's rainy off and on and overcast, good sleeping weather. I am probably going to watch football today too. Free, we lived in Milwaukee, WI for a short period of time, both of my sisters were born there, right in a row. So we were there maybe a couple of years. Kind people, but some harsh weather too. Even though I am a die hard Chicago Bears fan, I've always had a soft spot for Green Bay too, which is a big no no for Chicago fans. I love it when they play each other,.
Fearless, I'm kind of liking the change in weather too. Hopefully the rain won't come down as hard as they say it's supposed to. So far, so good. I suppose predicting the weather isn't easy. Thank you for the kindness about seeing my niece and Lennox. And Hev, you're so kind. I'm really glad Mr. H is so patient and kind. He sounds like a very decent man. Are you all still looking for a dog or have you put it off for a while? Good luck either way. It is a big decision and can be a lot of work, especially if you don't have a yard. We just have a little porch and my mom prefers to have big dogs, I like the big ones and the small ones! The big ones esp have to get out for their exercise and first thing in the morning, It would be so nice to have a yard. I do love animals so much. .
NL, the Twin Bond with our twins is so strong. I see them talk to each other without saying a word. They are very, very close and such good boys. I'm not so sure how they are going to do separated. I hope well. I'm so grateful for my niece and nephews. Glad the next generation seemed to turn out well despite some of their upbringing.
So grateful for you all and for being here. Purps, so glad BratCat let you sleep in a bit. Sounds like he likes the new blanket!
Have a wonderful. Wishing you all the best. Love and peace to you all. Thank you for the kind mentions. So appreciate all of you!