Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 129

Old 01-17-2024, 03:39 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

FBL so nice to be seeing you more! You, too, Bub!
Fearless, that is so awesome SB shared so much with you. Not just about double date but also curiosity in substances AND how much his tournament means.
Hi everyone else!

Grateful
- for all your support around bf and getting some help with my house, which seems to be overflowing with a continual supply of projects I feel incapable of completing or finding the time to get the know-how to complete. You all are so kind and positive and I appreciate it so much.
- I can order a new computer and docking station for work. Mine literally melted down yesterday.
- today should hopefully be the last day they delay school … because it’s cold. It is seriously ridiculous that the entire district shut down because the temps are low. I am pretty mad. Oh, wait. We’re in grats. Um, grateful for the school administration and bus drivers and teachers. Even though I really don’t agree with the decision they made here I know it is not easy to factor everything in and make these decisions.
- for our IT support
- for all of you GPers.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:48 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I don’t blame you for being mad, NL….I noticed the same thing in FL….our schools didn’t close (when I was attending) unless there was direct threat from a hurricane. And even then we weren’t notified till last minute….now it seems they announce a week off ahead of time if it looks like it’s gonna rain.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:30 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Thank you, Aly ❤️
Hev, well I’m not sure he feels he can tell me everything 😊
CBs, good luck on the colonoscopy!
Well, today is a grat n run and I don’t have time to read the rest now. Will have to catch up. Up early to get ready for a drive across the bay to a different office. Then tonight SB has a big wrestling tournament. Not sure if he will be wrestling but Mr F and I are going for team support
Grateful I did a quick ROV - review of values- before coming here per Bubs suggestion
Much love to you all!
Old 01-17-2024, 05:37 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-17-2024, 10:16 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Grateful my colonoscopy went well except the nurse struggled with my IV. I don't usually have trouble getting those put in and she blamed it on me. She basically said my "valves were in the wrong place and that is not good" WTF. I held my tongue but sort of think I should have said something. She seemed nervous about doing it and I was like uh oh .It took 3 tries and a second nurse did the trick in my hand. Anyway, 1st nurse had poor bedside manner. Doc and nurse anesthetist were great. Also, everything was "normal". A huge relief because there was some concern for reasons I won't go into. Sorry grati whine.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for 37 months sober today.
Grateful I am not dizzy today. It was bad for few days I think anxiety makes it worse.
Grateful for sunshine but boy is it cold.
Grateful to be able to eat food and have my latte this morning after black coffee 2 days in a row.
Grateful for all of you!
Old 01-17-2024, 10:42 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

CBS, hope the colonoscopy.went well. No irregularities. 💗
Grateful to be up. I slept in a little. I have to go to the library for my mom today. I'm feeling a little better but still not tip top. . I have one or two scripts and I want to get some Aloe Vera juice.too. I hope I feel well enough to get them. I wish mom would at least try to help some. She can walk with her walker. She barely will get out of bed, she needs P,T, As long as she can walk up and down the stairs, she doesn't seem to care that her legs are atrophying.. It is really frustrating. If she can't walk, I don't think assisted living is even an option. She's not thinking. I don't realize often, she hides it, but her stroke has left her impaired mentally some and she's making some weird decisions. Still, I'm grateful she is basically ok for now and things will work out one way or another, I just worry about her.

Grateful for a lovely day. I saw in the paper a big drenching rainstorm is coming to the bay area. Sometimes the rain comes so fast and so hard here that we can get flooding. It's one or the other here. Sometimes the roads flood. It can get pretty bad. Oh well. As Fearless said, nothing lasts forever and that was huge to me. I forget that sometimes and every day I have to remember that. Nothing lasts forever. Thank you for the reminder. 💗
Every day I am feeling a little better, grateful today is a little better, grateful I discovered that, as the day goes on I do feel better. Sometimes the things we have to go through, all I can do is laugh. My psychiatrist says my sense of humor is healthy. I love Alpine's memes too. So cute and often so funny. Hope things are well on your end, Alpine. Sending good thoughts.
Grateful for every one of you. Have a beautiful day. Thank you for letting me voice my worries and grats about my mom. Grateful for my blessings and for my friends here on SR You are all so wonderful.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:55 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Grateful for:-
Total abstinence.
Benzo freedom
Higher Power
SR Supoort

Sending positive vibes to all.​​​​​​​
Old 01-17-2024, 02:50 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Just doing a quick check in.
CBS - That was rude of her - just what you don't need when you're nervous about the whole thing. So glad it turned out ok!
Aly - I'm glad you're doing a little better. Don't blame you for feeling in limbo at times.
Grateful for sun today.
Grateful to go to Walmart & Dollar Store today for stuff. Nothing but the best for Hev.
Grateful that limiting listening to the news has really helped my mood.
Grateful we are over 1/2 way through January.
Grateful to see spring stuff in the stores, even if they're jumping the gun a bit.
Love you, GP!
Old 01-18-2024, 02:48 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

CBS it sounds like that nurse has some valves in the wrong place …I can’t stand it when people refuse to be at fault for anything…What a ——- Anyway, glad the rest of it went well for you.

I am grateful to get a decent night’s sleep

Grateful for morning coffee

Grateful that the cold snap is over for now.
Old 01-18-2024, 03:07 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

CB, yeah..I had that situation too..it took them 6 tries once to get an IV in. The first nurse said it was her first time doing this..3 attmepts..no luck, another nurse 2x no luck..the anesthesia lady came in and was asking what was taking so long and the nurses complained I had poor veins. The anesthesia person got it on the first try.
Grateful Mr A comes home tomorrow night
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-18-2024, 03:59 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

CBS/Alpine, that stinks they would turn around and blame it on you our your body for the IVs. CBS, I don’t blame you for not saying anything but I like you would have wanted to. And Hev said it so well—just what you don’t need!
Purps, thanks for sympathy re: the schools and their tender ways around attendance.
Bub, love your list!

Grateful
- all my basic needs are met and then some. It can be pretty easy to long for more but when it comes down to it I have a stable home, health care, and all the food we need. So what if I can’t pay for expensive trips or get fancy new windows or whatever…
- bf is tech savvy and set up his streaming account over here
- for warm clothes and a space heater
- I got what I think is a good deal on a dryer yesterday and now we can dry clothes again. Plus they hauled the old one away and he gave me a one year warranty, which is 4x what he usually offers. I’m not much of a negotiator but he just offered, I guess because I was a little doubtful about his merchandise after the last one broke down two months out of warranty. We will see. It’s been a week where everything seems to be breaking/broken.
- for SR and all of you.
Old 01-18-2024, 05:27 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:28 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Numblady, I hope school is open again. That reason for delay would drive me nuts too. We’ve had rain days here before. Lol. It’s not like a monsoon or something. So nice of bf to help and nice to have a dryer again!
CBS, big congrats on 37 months! Glad the colonoscopy is over
Aly, yes, always remember everything passes
Hev, I’m feeling the same about spring 😊
Grateful to see all my team peeps in person yesterday in the office
Grateful my skip boss told me I’m killing it and despite all the layoffs not to worry because I’ll still be getting a bonus and raise and have promotion opportunities
Grateful for a good lunch provided by management
Grateful to miss out on all the drinking behavior and leave early for sbs tourney
Grateful for a fun wrestling tourney. Lost to one team, won against the other
Grateful Mr F is doing ok after tooth extraction
Grateful my speech will be over after 7:30 tonight and I will relax
Old 01-18-2024, 09:46 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi Grat Pack. Thanks for the back up on the nurse IV situation. I am thinking I should tell the Endoscopy center. I don't want to get her fired but I don't want her saying rude things like that to other patients either. When you are lying there and have not eaten in almost 48 hours, you are dehydrated and anxious about a procedure you should not be shamed for having "valves in the wrong place".

Bub I hear you on Benzo freedom. I used to take them too, often for hangxiety.
Fearless I hope your speech goes well!
NL glad you got a good deal on a dryer. I hope it lasts.
Alpine wow 6 tries on the IV. I hope you have a high pain threshold like me. This was a first for me with issues. There really is an art to it.
Purps haha on the nurse comment!
Hev it is hard to strike a news balance. I want to be informed but I also don't need more to worry about as I am a worry wart.
Hi to Turs, Zen, Zura, and all others out there.

Grateful for a good job with benefits.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for decent sleep.
Grateful I found a weekend tennis team to play on. Now signed up for 3 teams in the Spring.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:51 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

CBS, that is terrible the nurse blamed it on you. What an idiot. I've noticed that some nurses are really good at IVs and they like doing it. Others are just terrible at it and it seems no matter what they do, they don't come out right or they fall out or something. I think it's because they know they're terrible. I said to one, "you're really not good at this, are you?" Jeez. Too bad you can't report them to someone.
NL, that is a great deal on the dryer, although it has been many years since I've had to buy one. I'm so glad things are working out at home and with bf. He sounds very nice and very handy! I wish I knew how to do that stuff.
Thank you, Hev and Fearless. I am so grateful for my friends here. Some of you just seem to know. Grateful to be feeling a bit better and not so frustrated today. Grateful for basics in the house, although I should do some shopping soon. Grateful for heat on cold days. Grateful my mom is mostly generous with me. Grateful my niece is coming over to set up my mom's new lap top. I hope she knows what she's doing. I guess she's pretty good. She is bringing her dog, Lennox over too. He's a good boy and we love him, even though he's only been over once. We gave him a bunch of stuff from our dog who had just passed. He liked all the treats and toys. He's a pound puppy. I better get up and get ready so I can see her when she comes! She is such a sweet, lovely, beautiful girl. So grateful for her helping my mom out. She is the one who rescued and homed that 3 month Maine Coon kitten. It runs in the family amongst some of us. 💗
Have a wonderful day all!
Old 01-18-2024, 10:00 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - It's great that bf is wonderful company - and a bonus that he's tech savvy too. Jackpot.
CBS/Alpine - Yesterday MrH had blood drawn. He's always had problems - they can't seem to find a vein without drama. The person who took it yesterday searched both arms & then hands - finally had success, but told him it was probably because he didn't drink enough water before the appointment. He did drink water - she said it must not have been enough.
Grateful for a sense of humor & the ability to laugh in spite of all the stuff going on.
Grateful for sugar free jello & cool whip - a poor substitute for ice cream, but it'll do.
Grateful for the variety of birds who are visiting.
Love to you, GP.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:03 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - Have fun with Lennox. Very nice of your niece to care for the kitten - Maine Coons are gorgeous.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:38 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hev, for blood draws I ask for them to use a butterfly needle. In the cancer unit that is all they use.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:46 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for another day to negotiate in positive and cretive ways. I find my early morning Review of Values (ROV)helpful and then its off to S.R..
Old 01-18-2024, 10:46 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Caught up to all if you

love you!

grateful my son (stepson) is married!

😁🎉🙏🏼🎊💍