SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 129 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/464167-morning-gratitude-part-129-a.html)

Dee74 01-06-2024 12:20 PM

Morning Gratitude Part 129

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-128-a-21.html

D

Canadian Koala 01-06-2024 12:31 PM

Grateful to have the shotgun!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0NwSv...UW8E/giphy.gif

Thanks monsieur Dee! https://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/lo...chapeaubas.gif

Purplrks3647 01-06-2024 04:02 PM

Thanks Dee! :tyou

Grateful for our SR Admins, Mods, and everyone to keep this site going. :c017:

Grateful that the snow was much easier to remove from the windshield this morning than ice :yup:

Grateful to make it through the work day

Grateful for a quiet evening to relax

Grateful to not be triggered….my book arrived and it included a $100 wine voucher! Gonna have to find someone to give it to. …

Edit to add: Oops, sorry I thought I was posting on the evening thread….yep, I’m tired. :09: :lol:

Dee74 01-06-2024 04:28 PM

:tyou

D

Numblady 01-07-2024 04:47 AM

Dee is the absolute best. Thank you Dee!
Free, wow I love that you are getting right into entertaining. Dinner for 10 sounds daunting in my small kitchen. What are you making? So exciting!
Fearless, ha. Yeah the mug research led me to some other funny ones too. And ewwww all day hangovers. Great point. I should totally be doing the Costco thing but am not.
Sam, that hike sounds lovely in the snow. Glad you got to sleep in as well.
Hev (and Fearless/others), thanks for the kind words about meeting bf’s daughter. I’m coming armed with a few treats and I’ve been trying to learn about her favorite thing, Five Nights at Freddie’s and the associate lore. But I’ve mostly just confused myself so we’ll see how that goes.
Oh Aly, I am so sad that they are isolating you. It’s really unfair. You deserve so much more kindness and support.
Zura, shed demolition does also sound kind of satisfying to me too. I think right now because i have a lot of suppressed anger. At my ex, with how it goes with my kids and i have to stay calm, etc.
Purps, that was a long day. Sorry about the wine voucher.

Alpine 01-07-2024 04:56 AM

Free, that sounds stressful to me..cooking for a big group of people. You are quite the cook and baker.
Aly, I hope today is a better day for you
Grateful for the snow we are getting. It is so pretty on the trees

Numblady 01-07-2024 04:56 AM

Grateful
- my son fixing the walls seems to have been a bit restorative for my daughter too. When her sleepover friends got here she was showing them all the holes that got patched.
- the sleepover seems to have gone well. It was not as many guests as anticipated but that’s probably for the best. I think there were just 5 guests but honestly I did such a good job staying away I’m not sure.
- I got to sleep in. I was awake a lot in the night and actually used two different sleep meditations to get back to sleep at various times.
- for a warm house. Still quite cold by TX standards.
- for all of you wonderful souls.

Numblady 01-07-2024 04:57 AM

Morning Alpine! That snow sounds lovely. Hope you’re doing ok.

CBS62 01-07-2024 07:09 AM

Hello Grat Pack.
Thanks Dee for the new thread!
Grateful for sunshine after another rainy day.
Grateful the new crock pot recipe I tried last night was so good. Vegan Tikka Masala.
Grateful I am having my first physical in years tomorrow. I have been to various docs but have not had a physical in quite a while. Dreading the scale part though.
Grateful I am toying with the idea of a cross country train trip for our 40th anniversary. I hate flying and want to go see my son in SF. I think we can route through New Orleans too and stop there. That is where we met and got married. Just have to see if I can take an extended vacation from work and also work some remotely while I am gone. I have traveled from NC to Tampa by train a lot to see my mom before she passed so I am familiar with train travel. We get a bedroom so it is fun and relaxing. Just have to pack your patience.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

tursiops999 01-07-2024 09:37 AM

Thanks Dee, for all you do!
Koala, congrats on shotgun!
CBS, train travel sounds fun, I'd like to try it sometime.
NL, hope meeting the bf daughter goes well!
Purple, no worries, "it's morning somewhere".
Grateful to have spent the day with my little grandson yesterday. He's such a sweetheart and so imaginative a age 3.5.
Grateful to be connecting with a friend at church this morning and then having dinner with kids tonight.
Grateful I'm losing weight, about 7 lbs so far. I feel like I finally found a healthy way to eat that maybe I can stick with...only whole, unprocessed foods, and eating in a limited window of time. It makes socializing around food a bit difficult, but I have never cared much about restaurant meals, so maybe that's ok.
Grateful for this group.

Hevyn 01-07-2024 10:26 AM

CBS - I've often thought of a train trip like that. I hope you can do it. We thought of driving, but.....nope.
Aly - I hope you will find a great place that gives you a fresh new start away from toxicity. :hug:
Tursiops - Nice that you lost 7 lbs. I don't eat from 7pm to 7am & that 12 hrs. 'fasting' has seemed to help.
Grateful for our beautiful snow too, Alpine. :)
Grateful MrH loves his new riding snow blower - he did 2 neighbors driveways too.
Grateful for mint chocolate chip ice cream (settles the stomach, you know.;))
Grateful to be taking down tree in increments. Grateful the after-holiday blues has left me & I'm ready for whatever comes next.
Grateful for the fabulous GP family.

Alysheba 01-07-2024 11:24 AM

Thank you Dee! :tyou

Hev, that sounds like a good plan. I had a trainer who told me I shouldn't eat after 6, except maybe soup or something. Thank you too on the good wishes. Good job Tursi! 7 lbs, depending, is about a full size! Yay!
Grateful for a beautiful day today.
Grateful I am going to start laundry tomorrow, it finally stopped raining for Monday anyway, maybe I can get it done. :lol:
Grateful for all of you and the support we have for one another. This has always been my favorite thread thanks to you all. 💗 :grouphug:

Free2bme888 01-07-2024 08:25 PM

Grateful

to read all your posts
a lovely snowshoe and dinner was successful
I’m exhausted, but remember EVERYTHING. I shouldn’t take my sobriety for granted. Yes, we served wine and beer, and I cooked with the wine.

Hunters stew, homemade bread, salad, and Cuban beans and rice , apple crisp and vanilla ice cream for dessert, cheese, crackers, fruit and veggies for appetizers.

sweet dreams

Numblady 01-08-2024 03:15 AM

Canadian Koala, can’t believe i forgot to say hi and congrats on shotgun yesterday.
Free, that is quite a spread!
Hi everyone else!

Grateful
- the meeting with bf’s daughter went well. He made bulgogi for the first time and the recipe we both found online ended up being written by someone they both knew (the mom of one of her good friends). What a small world. He did a really good job. We went for a walk, chatted, had dinner, then watched one of her favorite movies. It makes me have so many regrets about the way things can be with my kids to see such a health positive relationship with them but I can still be grateful that meeting her went well. And still believe in my kids to be kind overall.
- for a return to semi normalcy with work starting back up today and school starting back up tomorrow
- after tomorrow one of our big work meetings (the one I’m least comfortable about) will be over with.
- to be awake pretty early so hopefully won’t feel too rushed trying to get ready for a full day of back to back meetings and stuff.
- that I’m not ingesting stuff that would just slow me down
- for all of you

Purplrks3647 01-08-2024 03:31 AM

I’ll be grateful when this day is over :exclaimat

Guess that’s not the right idea….ok I am grateful to be far away from a previous toxic work environment….though I still feel like I’m being watched. :peek

Grateful for boundaries and strong intuition :Meditate:

Grateful for the lesson to live in the moment and practice gratitude, though clearly I am having a hard time with both! :huh?:

Alpine 01-08-2024 05:01 AM

Purps, hope the day goes by quickly
NL. sounds like a nice evening
Free, you are amazing with all of your cooking
Grateful the snow has stopped..so pretty on the trees
Grateful for a comfy bed..even though I did not sleep well
Grateful to have laundry machine in my basement
Grateful for all of you

FBL 01-08-2024 06:55 AM

Grateful for the new part. Thanks, Dee!

Grateful for a brand-new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.

Alysheba 01-08-2024 07:41 AM

Purps, I thought I heard you may be looking for another job. If so, wishing you the very best of luck. I hope you can find something where you are comfortable and happy. :hug:
NL, sounds like a nice time with bf. I'm so sorry it brings up feelings about what you think are your inadequacies. You are a wonderful mother. Sometimes kids grow out of certain phases,. Please don't put yourself down. :hug: You are so kind and intelligent; things will work out. Don't worry.
Free, Impressive dinner! Nice. Sounds very fun and like you had fun too.:hug:
Alpine, I hope you're feeling ok after all the snow maintenance. :hug: Are you feeling better these days? I still worry about you. :hug:
Grateful to be up early. I barely slept at all last night. Some nights are like that. I ordered groceries to come at 10 and then I'm going to start my laundry. I could start it now, but I don't want to deal with all that at once if the groceries come at the same time the laundry is done. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, and I don't want to do laundry in the rain, although I certainly can, :lol:
I need to get things out of the way.
Grateful for all of you. Where is Fearless? I miss her? Were they going on vacation, and I forgot? Maybe I'll PM her and see if she's ok.
Have a lovely day all. Grateful for my blessings, of which you are all included. :grouphug:

Zencat 01-08-2024 07:55 AM

:wavey: Hi Peeps

I'm with you FBL, sober adventures with healthy challenges is the way to go!
Hev, ice cream is medicative according to Dr Pepper ;).

:) Grateful to start the day here with the SR crew to get me in the 'can do' mindset.
Looks like daylight is burning. Time to get my go on.

Make your day a beautiful one.

therealBigDog 01-08-2024 08:17 AM

freedom

I am grateful for the Freedom my higher Power has afforded me through Grace and Mercy