Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 129

Old 01-29-2024, 10:26 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

(((Alpine))) I hope you get the news you want today. Thinking of you.
(((Free you))) seem to have a great attitude about your current health situation. Sending you positive vibes.
Fearless I was rooting for the Lions because they were underdogs. What a crazy game. Glad you are happy and Aly too I guess.
NL glad you had a good weekend. Doing nothing is what they are for right?
Purps Puppy Bowl sounds fun. I don't have a "dog" in the Super Bowl anyway. LOL

Grateful for a good check in with my skip boss about asking for a raise/promotion. It is so overdue.
Grateful for good sleep last night.
Grateful my youngest daughter called me and trusted me this morning to listen to her vent and be vulnerable. She is really struggling in life right now. Finances, job, living situation, love life...
Grateful said daughter does have a phone interview tomorrow for a new job.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for all of you.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:43 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - You're on my mind today.
Purp - Thank you so much for the link! Imma order stuff.
Fearless - Hope SB has a lovely time. Those years are so scary/wonderful.
CBS - I hope the interview leads to something good. Glad she wanted to confide in you - it's awful to feel alone with problems & nowhere to turn.
Tursiops - Hoping the get together will be nice. That reminds me I miss tea. It's all I drank before meeting MrH - I went over to the coffee side. Maybe I'll buy some teabags.
Grateful for every post.
Grateful we are getting some new furniture that suits this place better. Need a mattress soon too - but they're so $$$$$$$$ !
Grateful I'm on a 'fruit with cool whip' kick for lunch. I'm tired of yogurt & can't have a sandwich like a normal person (calories).
Grateful the birds are digging through the snow to get their seed - will have to help them out & unbury it.
Love you, GP.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:48 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Alpine, thinking of you too with your tests coming up. Sending prayers and loads of good vibes your way. Sure hope there is good news attached to the tests. Good energy coming your way from me! Oh, I've done that too on the meme, esp when I was younger. I remember doing it in front of a cute guy in grade school once and I ripped my pants. Talk about mortifying!
Grateful for a really beautiful day out. It's one of those clear, after the rain days, although it says it's in the high 50s, probably 60s with the sun out later.
I have a couple of things I'd really like to get done today. I hope I get the energy to do it. Like Fearless and actually my mom said, there is no hurry, which is true. I've been waking up early and going back to sleep.
Hi Fearless Glad you have your TM and I hope you have fun.
Free, I've had highlights in my hair for a long time. I think it helps it look thicker. With all the hairdressers in my family (Grandma used to do Al Capone's mother's and grandmother's hair in Chicago!) and my sister being a hairdresser, we've been playing around with hair color since we were teenagers. All of a sudden I am getting this white gray hair, so I had most of my hair colored lighter so it would blend in. It's pretty long now. I can always cut it. I think it looks long and blond. Longer hair is a bit more of a pain to take care of. My sister colored my niece's hair this gorgeous red, that girl has beautiful hair and the red just looks fantastic. I almost feel like going red, except I don't want to deal with gray roots, etc. It sure looks pretty on her. Although my niece has naturally beautiful hair color, she has been coloring her hair some crazy colors when she was younger. Her natural hair is so pretty too though.
Have a wonderful day. So grateful for all of you and your wonderful insights. Love and peace to you all.

\
Old 01-30-2024, 03:27 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Free, continuing to send you positive energy
CB, happy I am happy your daughter came to you to talk and vent
Hev, yay for new furniture and heck yeah...mattresses are do darn expensive
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. CT and MRI went well, along with the IV which really didn't hurt. I channeled our resident nurse here to help with that because she is a rock start. Thanks Free
Grateful I already got the results back in an email and things look pretty good. There is muscle atrophy in my leg which is to be expected and it will always be there and most likely get worse..but I can deal with that. Lungs are clear. Woot woot. I will be meeting up with my oncologist later this week
Grateful for the support here that everyone provides to everybody. It is so nice to see
Grateful for the beauty of the trees with the wet snow on them
Grateful my hair is growing noticably now..little wisps are starting to go over the arms of my glasses.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:28 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Old 01-30-2024, 03:41 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Alpine, very much still thinking of you.
Free, you as well as you navigate your journey.
Turs, I echo Hev in hoping get together went well.
Fearless, glad work is calming some. I forgot to mention (I think) that I’ve agreed to temporarily supervise a colleague’s team while she attends to her mom who has recently been put on hospice, as well as her dad who has dementia and is really struggling with it all. So I guess what I’m saying is i feel crazy at work!
CBS, agree that it’s cool your daughter felt comfortable confiding in you and being vulnerable.
Hev, that is impressive about cool whip and fruit for lunch. I loved cool whip so much as a kid. I mean, still do but not quite the same way. My grandma would let me just eat almost a whole thing of it. Those were the days!
Hi to Purps, Bub, Sam, Zen, Zura, least, and anyone else who travels in or through the GP.

grateful
- I can be with my son since he is sick. He has a high fever and just came in my room to tell me how bad he feels. Poor baby. Glad he is with me and not his dad when he’s this bad.
- to listen to a story about families traveling for months to get to America and some of what they go through. It really puts my first world problems in perspective.
- that my increased responsibility at work comes with a temporary pay bump
- for a pretty solid night of sleep
- for convenience of health care portals. I get annoyed with how many different passwords I have and how nearly every clinic has a different platform…but when I can actually log in, it can be far more convenient than the phone.
- for all of you.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:42 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Alpine, just saw your post. That is so awesome about your medical news!!
Old 01-30-2024, 03:59 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Grateful for Alpine’s good test results!

Grateful that I have Puppy Bowl to look forward to ….need to stop looking at news highlights because I just keep getting irritated …

Grateful for the chance to re-ground and reset, and re-focus on what’s important

Old 01-30-2024, 06:54 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Grateful

to watch the sunrise today over the mountains
to remember that my dog pooped on command, thanks for the funny, Alpine! Such good news on your tests
to achieve all on our list yesterday, except a medical app for a Denver hospital isn’t working……(had to near in a gratiwhine)
15-20 stomach ulcers found, but no obvious cancer in that organ.
morning coffee
that I “adulted” last night, after getting into bed without flossing my teeth, without putting moisturizer on my face, mouth guard wasn’t in, and humidifier doesn’t turn on itself……..with encouragement from hubby, got up and did all the things. “Where’s my mom?” I asked my husband.
trying to remember the “in between”, that it has purpose….. I’ll post it below
for all of you……thank you
Old 01-30-2024, 06:54 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

In-Between

~Melody Beattie

Sometimes, to get from where we are to where we are going, we have to be willing to be in-between.

One of the hardest parts of recovery is the concept of letting go of what is old and familiar, and what we don’t want, and being willing to stand with our hands empty while we wait for God to fill them.

This may apply to feelings. We may have been full of hurt and anger. In some ways, these feelings may have become comfortably familiar. When we finally face and relinquish our grief, we may feel empty for a time. We are in between pain and the joy of serenity and acceptance.

Being in-between can apply to relationships. To prepare ourselves for the new, we need to first let go of the old. This can be frightening. We may feel empty and lost for a time. We may feel all alone, wondering what is wrong with us for letting go of the proverbial bird-in-hand, when there is nothing in the bush.

Being in-between can apply to many areas of life and recovery. We can be in between jobs, careers, homes, or goals. We can be in between behaviors as we let go of the old and are not certain what we will replace it with. This can apply to behaviors that have protected and served us well all of our life, such as caretaking and controlling.

We may have many feelings going on when we’re in-between: spurts of grief about what we have let go of or lost, and feelings of anxiety, fear, and apprehension about what’s ahead. These are normal feelings for the in-between place. Accept them. Feel them. Release them.

Being in-between isn’t fun, but it’s necessary. It will not last forever. It may feel like we’re standing still, but we’re not.

We’re standing at the in-between place. It’s how we get from here to there. It is not the destination.

We are moving forward, even when we’re in-between.

Today, I will accept where I am as the ideal place for me to be. If I am in-between, I will strive for the faith that this place is not without purpose, that it is moving me toward something good.

From the book: The Language of Letting Go: Hazelden Meditation Series
Old 01-30-2024, 07:09 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Purps, love this - yes, we get a chance everyday to reset and refocus. Sometimes throughout the day
Numblady, I’m sorry your son is sick. So glad you can be there for him. Hope the work stress calms down. Hope this is a good experience for you despite the stress. I have so many friends and colleagues dealing with aging and passing parents right now!
Hev, can’t go wrong with cool whip and fruit
CBS, I hope you get that raise!
Turps, glad you are connecting with others over Zoom. Just heard a story on the news about some new zoom feature allowing greater connection. It looks like a VR system
Aly, enjoyed your hair story. I dream of going gray someday but I’m going to wait until I retire
Grateful Mr F drove to Sacramento to see his sister yesterday. Forgot to mention last week she had major abdominal surgery which resulted in serious complications and two more emergency surgeries to try to correct the problems. Still in hospital. Her Bf said she was losing her spirit and saying she wants to “go home”. Mr F and his niece were able to cheer her up. The bf brought their dog in as well (as a service dog &#128522 which she really needed. She has a long road ahead. Grateful for medical care (though we are all sort of wondering what caused the first surgery to go wrong)
Grateful to really focus yesterday on work (it’s a good distraction) and complete one of my 2024 goals
Grateful to make a new pasta dish with shrimp last night. Everyone gobbled it up. Well, sonny boy didn’t eat the shrimp 😂
Grateful for a most beautiful sunrise!
Grateful for another gorgeous day and a run later
Old 01-30-2024, 07:11 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I love the In between poem, Free. Thank you for posting it. Thinking of you ❤️
Old 01-30-2024, 10:09 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hello to all in the Grat Pack.
Lunch grats again.
Hev I say get a new mattress if you have back issues or it is really old.
Alpine yay good news !!! You so deserve it after all that you have been through.
NL glad you are getting a bump in pay even if it is only temporary.
Free that is a lot of ulcers. Are you feeling pain from them? thanks for the In-Between share.
Fearless glad Mr. F went to see his sister. Hope she recovers well.

Grateful my daughter called me this morning in a much better frame of mind. Her phone interview went well and she has an in person one Thursday.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful we head to the beach tomorrow. So much to do but so grateful. I will have to work some while there but the view will make it so enjoyable.
Grateful I am getting caught up at work.
Grateful my raise and promotion request prep is coming together. Have a meeting Monday with my boss. I have to put it in writing before hand and I am anxious about that for some reason. But no raise in 5.5 years is unusual my skip boss said. She said my boss should have been proactive about it. But I should have asked too. Apparently, women are less likely to ask for a raise than men.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:27 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Free, wishing you the best on treatment of those ulcers. I know you must be in pain. Sending prayers and good vibes to you, dear one.
Alpine, glad things went well this morning. Keep us posted re the oncologist's report. I know that's probably the one you're waiting for. Prayers and good vibes to you too my friend.
CBS, good luck with the promotion/raise presentation.
Another really pretty day. A little warmer and sunnier than it's been. Grateful.
I have to go to one of my doctor's today at 3:30, kind of late and then I'll have to stop at the dreaded Walgreens. Hoping the Walgreens Faries are with me today! About noon, the library opens. I promised my mom I'd go get her books. So I have a little while to get dressed and ready to go. It takes me a while in the morning sometimes and other times I can get ready really quickly. I guess it just depends. Grateful I feel a little better today, not ready to run a marathon, but ok and for that I am grateful. Grateful I am going to get some things done today. I have to! Grateful for feeling a little lighter today, if that makes sense.
Got my mom her tea and papers. All is good. Wishing you all the best and a wonderful day.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:51 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Very sorry to hear of MrF's sister's situation. How great that he helped her feel better.
Alpine - What wonderful news - been so worried!
Free - When I first got sober years ago, I didn't allow for the in between time. Wish I had - it would have made recovering less stressful. All those ulcers - what can be done to help?
CBS - I guess we should just get the mattress - it is very old. Things aren't going to get any cheaper. Raises - I always had to ask. One time many years ago my boss said - "Well, your husband is making good money, isn't he?" as if I wasn't really needy & so didn't deserve one. The good old days.
Aly - I hope you get your meds ok & the dr visit goes well. I hope the library has a large selection of your mom's favorite type of book - she must have read so many by now.
Grateful for a dry day - neither snow or rain. So mushy underfoot & gray though.
Grateful my neighbor is delighted with our old dining set we gave her.
Grateful tomorrow is the last day of our beloved January.
Grateful for all of today's posts.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:53 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Thank you, Hev. I've been just picking out mystery books for my mom and so far it's worked out. I do get her one or two she's already read, so hopefully today I'll find her some good books. She probably has read sooo many of the books in the library. xxoo
Old 01-31-2024, 02:31 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Good luck with the raise and promotion prep, CBS…maybe putting it in writing ahead of time will be helpful; then you can go back and tweak if you like….You got this!

Grateful to know that being in-between is normal and necessary….Thanks Free!

Grateful to have rent paid for February

Grateful that I slept most of the night, thanks to an otc relaxation supplement

Grateful for another day in recovery with you all
Old 01-31-2024, 03:14 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Free, happy you get to see those sunrises and sunsets with those mountains. The alpenglow is spectacular. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and feel free to reach out to me via pm if you need to talk. Hope the Drive to and back from Denver is an easy one and no big storms are in the way.
NL, hope your son is feeling better
CB, good luck with the prep work for the raise.
Fear, happy to hear Mr. F went to visit his sister. It is so important, at least for me it was. I did not get too many but the visits I did get totally made my day. Hey..what was the recipe..??
Aly, hope you "survived" Walgreens
Hev, no sun up here either.. squish squash..I was walking in my grass..
Hi to Purps, Zen, Zura, ..gosh..my brain is not working..I know I am missing others
Grateful we let the fire burn out so when Mr A gets up he will clean out the ash and off we..or I should say I, go to start it back up. I would empty but I don't want to wake him up.
Grateful my neighbor both texted and called me to see how I am doing.
Grateful I visited my Mom at the nursing home yesterday.
Grateful for all of you

Old 01-31-2024, 03:17 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

][/url]
Old 01-31-2024, 04:01 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Free, I wish for you that you could have your mother or someone mothering you. You deserve it at a time like this. Thank you for shearing the Melody Beattie reading.
Fearless, that is intense about Mr F’s sister. I’m glad he went to see her.
CBS, good luck on the beach prep and the promotion/raise request. I’m with Purps in hoping that getting it down on paper will be useful for you too.
Aly, it makes me so happy to hear that a bit of the heaviness of late may be leaving you even for a little while. You have really been in the thick of it.
Hev, been thinking of your love for this month a lot lately. I truly cannot believe how long it is stretching on.
Purps, glad you got some good sleep.
Alpine, that is kind of you to visit your mom at the nursing home. I hope it went ok and didn’t leave you feeling regret for having gone. Not sure what her mental state is so this may be totally off. Regardless, I hope it was a good visit.

Grateful
- I live close to the children’s hospital. That is where we ended up yesterday morning. After I tried a virtual visit the doc basically said he needed in-person assessment and that he recommended ER over urgent care. So off we went. He is really ok but they ruled out more dramatic causes at the ER. The prevailing sense is it is flu but we didn’t actually confirm with a test because ER doc said basically teh course of treatment doesn’t really change if you get a positive test.
- a crazy deadline for a work project I am pushing for got moved back a week (applying for a big grant I think we should go for). It’s a mixed bag because I also just want to get the darn thing over with but all in all for the best,
- for how much I’ve been helped by my therapist. She helped me see that it is normal to grieve a bit when in the early part of a relationship and we can’t fully bond because of child related or other obligations—and also grieve that i have such a different (less functional) relationship with my kiddos than bf does, which puts me in this weird position of feeling such distress when with them and wanting to escape that but then feeling like crap because I do when I know they should come first. Anyhow, the lessons in therapy don’t make me feel “better” but at least less broken.
- for really nice weather
- that because bf is with his daughter all week (courtesy of his ex but he likes the extra time) I’m catching on some of Mount Paperwork (this is the cousin of Mount Laundry)
- that although it is going to be expensive and put me further in debt I am buckling down on finalizing my divorce. Hopefully this will result in an overall better situation for me to keep supporting the kids.
- for all of you.