Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 127

Old 10-04-2023, 04:08 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Free, I recognize those moutains/peaks. Safe travesl
Fear, grilled cheese have been ruined for me from being in the hospital...blah..I hope with time away I will find my love for them again. Nothing like hospital food.....
Zen, Hi!
Sam, good luck with the appointments
Aly, I am not a fan of phones either..My MIL has soooo many different passwords for things and they are quite complicated. We tease her saying that the CIA couldn't break them. She has a file folder with all of them and when she changes them she erases them and writes over it so then you can't read it..
Hev, happy you were able to resolve a disagreement with Mr. H. I used to sulk too or go on the defense which never accomplished anything.
Purps, Jack, FBL. HI!!
Grateful I get several days off in a row from Dr appointments
Grateful for a sunny warm day
Grateful a neighbor stopped by and we visited outside for while outside

Old 10-04-2023, 04:30 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Free, if my ex is awake and it is anywhere past 5 p.m. you can rest assured he has been drinking. I am glad I now can mostly choose not to interact with him at night. Too exhausting. Hope your roommates are very quiet!
Purp, don’t feel pressure to name everybody. I think that keeps some people away and truly I am pretty certain everyone would rather just see people than get a mention every single time, you know? Every once in a while I get everyone but it’s not very often.
Jack, I saw a trailer for that movie when I went to see the Shining. Looks pretty incredible.

Grateful
- to be meeting my former intern for coffee later this morning
- that I’m trying to connect with friends even if it ends up not working out a fair percentage of the time. Logistics can be so daunting when juggling job and kids and taking care of home. Well even without that stuff they can be daunting.
- to give a genuine apology to a coworker because I said something that came out super minimizing and just dumb.
- for taking time to do a kind of meditation/exercise from my book. It is super woo woo and I wouldn’t say I’m doing great at it. But I’m doing it!
- that the cold front(s) are still supposedly coming. It was 94 or 95 again yesterday.
- for the cost savings and satisfaction of so rarely eating out these days.
- for all of you.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:03 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning all-
Very busy next few days for me with work-today is an client/partner event about an hour from me, so I gotta hit the road soon. Tomorrow is traveling to a different state for a meeting and Friday is back to the local office with another presentation to a client.
  • I'm grateful for all of the above-my job, my company and my industry which, although chaotic at times, keeps me on my toes and my brain sharp.
  • Grateful the Phillies won last night and in a resounding fashion.
  • Grateful for a gorgeous day for October: when we planned today's event we were worried about the weather.
  • Grateful to be sober so I can enjoy all of this.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:11 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning to all in the Grat Pack.
I am here in the morning for once!
Jack I love the Talking Heads. I saw them twice in the 80s. I will check that out. I probably saw the movie when it first came out but I don't recall. Maybe I was drunk
Free so are you what is called a traveling nurse?
Purps, FBL, Alpine, NL good to see you.

Grateful to be heading to the beach in a few hours.
Grateful for good weather.
Grateful that even though I keep getting new bills from the landscape company I can afford it. Thank you Mom.
Grateful that even though the deer are eating some of my new plants there are still some left. LOL. I have sprayed the ones they seem to like with repellent. I hope it works.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for my husband.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:26 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Jack, loving autumn too!
Aly, phones are so stressful these days. It’s like buying a car. Lol. I hope you get it sorted out soon. We can’t be without the, for long
Zencat, glad we are dancing to the best of our own drums
Free, love your pics
CBS, so nice that your boss complimented you.
Grateful for two short meetings today then work on a special project at my own pace
Grateful for you all and our family in the computer. Where is Least? ❤️
Old 10-04-2023, 08:29 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful to be up and done with my morning routine. I have to go to the library for my mom later and I have my group today. I for sure really don't want to go but I will. The guy who moderates called me to make sure I'd be there. I'm afraid I'll forget about it. I'm really not into it today. I have to force myself to go. It's good for me.
Grateful for all the mentions. Thank you all for being here for me. I'm so grateful for you all.
Grateful my mom and I are getting along well. Grateful for my blessings.
Have a great day all. Love and peace to everyone.
Old 10-04-2023, 09:11 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - Again with the library....they should have a wing named after your mom. I hope group goes better than expected.
Jack - Sounds very interesting - thanks for the mention.
Purps - always happy to see you!
Alpine - Enjoy those days off from appointments.
Free - That place is glorious.
CBS - Jealous of your beach trip. Time for us to go again soon - don't care if it's chilly.
Grateful I'm working on being more outgoing. My natural shyness has always been a handicap. (Made worse by drinking.)
Grateful MrH enjoys cutting the lawn & taking care of the yard. Don't know why.
Grateful we are trying to have salad or just veggies for dinner every other night. Weight loss has stalled.
Grateful for each of you.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:11 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Alpine, so glad you get a few days off from appointments. Very much deserved. And then some.

Grateful
- it is raining, like really really raining here. And for the first time since May, the highs are only in the 80s. Kind of worrisome it has taken until now to get to that point but I’m glad we are here now.
- for sleeping pretty well and going back to sleep not too long after the 3 a.m. wake up
- that I have a legit excuse to blow off my dog’s walk (she dislikes the rain)
- for all the free cooking shows on the Roku “live TV” feature
- for all of you.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:18 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Sam, safe travels
CB, enjoy your beach time
Fear,
Aly, I hope group went well
Hev, Mr. A enjoys mowing the lawn and I enjoy raking the leaves and when it snows I like shoveling
NL, I love not having appointments to go to
Grateful I got all of the wood chopped up into kindling
Grateful to have no appointments since Tuesday...I can't even tell you how freeing that is
Grateful to have had lunch and dinner outside
Grateful to get some errands done
Old 10-05-2023, 04:21 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I came across this picture I took several years ago. We were coming back from a camping trip when we ran into this group.

[/url]

Old 10-05-2023, 05:10 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Glad you get some time to relax, Alpine….hope it gets better from here

Grateful for morning coffee
Grateful for new opportunities, though I don’t know what they are yet
Grateful to be surrounded by good people and no longer toxic vampires
Old 10-05-2023, 05:16 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hello all! We made it to beach. Apparently there is scientific evidence that being by water or the ocean is therapeutic to the soul.

Fearless glad you get to work on a special project at your own pace. I like to work independently too.
Aly i hope you made it to Group and that you found it helpful
Hev good for you on the veggies. I read recently that a vegetarian diet might help keep diverticulitis away. We eat very little meat these days. Mostly chicken and fish. Red meat is one to avoid for the bad D I will call it.
NL yay rain for you and temps in the 80s.
Alpine so glad you are enjoying time away from all the medical stuff. You are so industrious. Be sure to take some time to relax and practice self care.
Sam glad your Phillies won. My family pulls for the Rays as they live in St. Pete but they lost after having such a great regular season.
Purps I love quiet mornings and coffee too.
FBL glad you are having summer like weather up there.
Whoever asked about least she is active on the Weekenders thread.

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful to be at my happy place.
Grateful for 2 days of quiet and then my daughters and granddaughter arrive which I will love too.
Grateful for a nice condo rental with just about everything we need.
Grateful for paid vacation days.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

It is cloudy this morning. But supposed to clear up and get into the low 80s. I will take it! Hoping to see some dolphins.
Old 10-05-2023, 05:43 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Alpine, I’m Sorry the grilled cheese was ruined for you in hospital. I do hope you can learn to enjoy again 😊
CBS, love the beach picture. Enjoy your vacation
Purps, let’s stay away from toxic vampires
Numblady, glad you are getting some rain
Aly, good to hear you and your mom are getting along again. Agree with Hev about the library
Hev, I’m with you on social anxiety. I’m trying to get out more too and interact with people.
Grateful though I woke up too early and didn’t sleep well, it’s a low key day and I should get in a nap later
Grateful for a walk with a friend last night
Grateful for a ping pong match with my boys
Grateful for a self love meditation about not judging parts of my self that creates separation but accepting the light and dark unconditionally
Grateful for a Toastmasters meeting tonight. First one in a month because of work travel. Glad to be back, though I’m slowing myself down and creating new boundaries around volunteering, especially when efforts aren’t noticed or appreciated. If others don’t engage or reciprocate, there’s not much benefit to doing something. Sorry for the grati-whine
Grateful for my beautiful fun loving cogs
Old 10-05-2023, 08:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for the mentions. Thank you so much!
Group was good yesterday. I just mostly listened. There are two older housewives there who go on and on about cra cra stuff. But the moderators had good things to say. I always benefit from the group.
Grateful, sort of, to go to my back doctor today at 1. I have to get up and get ready to go pretty soon.
Grateful to have gotten a lot of books for my mom. So funny Hev and Fearless about the wing. I have to go at least once a week or twice a week for her books. I kind of don't mind. The library is so interesting.
Grateful for my blessings. Grateful to let go of my sisters. No more.
Great pic of the horse with the sheep. I had a German Warmblood. She was 17hh and weighed about 1500 lbs. She was huge. She would have been so scared of those sheep I would have been dumped and left on my own! I love Quarter horses. They are so even keel. Really love the pic. Alpine, so glad you get a little break. Sending prayers. You are a very interesting person! Sending love and healing.
Grateful for all of you. Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to everyone.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:40 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Grateful to catch up on your posts. I care about everyone here.
Grateful I am mostly sleeping ok without any otc meds. I'd like 8 hrs but I'm grateful for 6 or 7.
Grateful I got through a board meeting last night and people were gentle about my decision not to continue my leadership position after February.
Grateful for this glorious paddling weather ... hot and still, means I can go SUP on the bay in just a t-shirt.
Grateful my anger is subsiding a bit and I feel a little more peaceful.
Grateful to feel like painting again.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:08 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - I'm so glad there's a break in your weather, but yes - long overdue. Does it get very cool there in winter?
Alpine - I get the mowing & maybe even leaf raking, but no to the shoveling. Good exercise though. What a cool picture!
Purp - Hope the opportunities meet with your approval.
CBS - The two times in my life when I had to recover from a traumatic time, I was by the ocean. I sat & stared at the waves rolling in, heard the gulls, felt the warm sand underfoot. It stabilized me. I love the picture - looks so calming. Enjoy.
Fearless - I will be interacting today . Unfortunately, it will be at the dentist's office.
Aly - I love libraries - haven't been to one in ages. Googled German Warmblood & the pics were gorgeous. Must have been lovely to have her.
Tursiops - I'm glad the anger is fading - it's hard to let go of it. Enjoy the paddling.
Grateful tor sharing thoughts here.
Grateful for a continuation of summer weather. But now the flies are back.....
Grateful to be getting another dental appointment out of the way. Oh, to go back in time & take better care of my teeth. Thankfully, new dentist & his staff aren't judgy & don't lecture.
Grateful I just had salad last night & no snacking. I must've lost 10 lbs., right?
Grateful for you all.

Old 10-05-2023, 10:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Grateful

for sleeping in own bed
for knocking next door and telling person who was remodeling at 10:30 pm to stop
coffee
work today and nice coworkers
a good talk with boss about mistake I made yesterday
talked with boss about job openings in this unit
Old 10-05-2023, 11:18 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Love the pic Alpine.

Gratty And Go

- for good sleep even in 2 segments
- morning chuckles playing with kitty
- for everybody's kindness towards me here at GP
- online anger management tools.
- to know how to grow in life. Now if I can apply that principle to house plants
Old 10-06-2023, 03:15 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi friends - Grateful to be here with you all

Grateful for guided meditation and learning to be in the present moment

Grateful for boundaries
Old 10-06-2023, 03:30 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Purps, I am working hard on to be in the present moment,thanks for the reminder
Zen, hi my friend..and depending upon the type of house plant I am the same way..lol
Free, happy to hear you are back "home"
Hev, yeah...I am a strange one, have always enjoyed doing that and back where we used to live I would continue on and take care of my neighbors on either side of me and one across the street.
Turs, happy you are getting out and paddling. I shall be out paddling next year..woot woot.
Fear, several food items are off the table for me now after my multiple hospital stays..I have to head back in next week and will now have to request that they don't even bring the tray in..blahhhhhhh
Aly, hope this day finds you well. I have always loved libraries too.
Grateful Mr. A comes home late tonight
Grateful for a beautiful day yesterday
Grateful to have another quilt I am trying get ready to take to the hospital to sew the binding on. Those days there get so long