Hi friends

Grateful for another morning with coffee + free of hangovers

Grateful to do stretches and guided meditation

Grateful to be here with you all!

Grateful it’s October!
Old 10-01-2023, 05:55 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Best wishes Turs, this too shall pass. You will be back on top in no time. Recovery works that way thankfully
Sorry for your loss Jack.
Aly, I too need to let go of the small stuff. Someone said it's all small stuff. We'll see
Hi everybody

Up with the golf game on. NFL sunday services at the church of tackle latter this wonderful morning.
Kitty fed and back to bed. ODAAT I am relieved of miserable hungover mornings.
Feeling great like corn flakes

Grateful for the bounty of joy of my SR friends gift me. You all are the best.

Old 10-01-2023, 06:18 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Zen, GGGRRREEEAATTTT!!!! 😜

Purps, glad to see you here on the regular. I REALLY need to fit stretching into my day.

Jack, I’m glad I gave you a chuckle, I thought it our own dumb governments idea of forcing teachers to teach useless things. I got bongos is highschool,and played those 😱🪘

Alpine, you absolutely rock…..I’m glad you are getting out some and have nice supportive neighbors.🥾🧦

CBS, what a gift to be connected to your children, grandchildren, and DIL 🥰
Old 10-01-2023, 06:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Grateful for

good weather again yesterday
we won’t be shoved out of the park
coffee
Old 10-01-2023, 06:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Turs Give yourself some grace. You are good to set boundaries. It is so good that you enjoy your family and have a good relationship with DIL.
Hev Fall is my favorite season. We won't start getting colors here for a few more weeks.
Jack how sweet that a Robin came to visit. Maybe it was your friend's spirit.
Purp stretches and meditation is a great way to start the day.
Zen you made me chuckle. "Church of the tackle latter!"
Free glad the shutdown did not happen so you can stay in the NP.
Alpine take it easy you deserve it!
Aly I hope you made it to the post office.
Fearless you gave me an idea. I am meal planning for the beach. Quesadillas!

Hello to all the GP.

Grateful for:

my sobriety and no hangovers.
my diverticulitis healing. Starting to eat uncooked veggies. So far so good. Next up my first salad in two weeks. Trying to drink lots of water to stay healthy. I wish I knew what caused flare ups.
my latte.
two days of work and I go on my mini vacation to my happy place. The beach.
SR and the GP.

Old 10-01-2023, 07:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Aly, with remote work and things much calmed down with sonny boy, plus Mr F being retired and playing Mr mom, I have lots of time to shop 😊
Jack, I’m so sorry for the loss of the friend and I hope the funeral brought some closure even though the grief will always be a part of you
Turps, I know what you mean about setting boundaries then wondering if you did the right thing and feeling some anxiety over it. It really sounds like you did the right thing and processed it with the therapist and are processing the changes. I glad you had some time cooking and baking. This always calms me down too
Thinking of you Alpine
CBS, enjoy the quesadillas at the beach. I wish we new what caused any kind of flare up for any condition. Despite so many medical advances, there is so much we still don’t know
Grateful for a wonderful dinner with an old friend and his son last night. Mr F grilled tritip and veggies. I ate too much though and actually feel like I have a hangover from it. Weird. I think it’s because I rarely eat meat these days and avoid carbs and sugar, but last night I ate a lot of everything 🤩
Grateful to be back on the health wagon
Grateful sonny boy got over his bad mood after he didn’t like his hair cut yesterday. His comment “I’m going to be so bullied now. I have been robbed of a normal high school experience”. Lol. The drama. The hair cut actually looks really good and he is even more handsome. It’s just not exactly what he wanted. Grateful he’s not taking it too seriously. He slept over at a friends last night, and the friends mom (one of my closest friends) said she loves his hair cut and told him so
Grateful to plan to go for a run then a hike later today
Grateful for my Kindle
Old 10-01-2023, 08:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Fearless, I had to chuckle at the drama too, but I also feel for him on the bad haircut. Thankfully hair will grow. High school is such a strange time of life. Sometimes very fun and sometimes horrifying. Well, I sure hope he doesn't get bullied, but we've all had bad haircuts. Besides, in high school, you never know what they'll like! Good luck to SB!
Hi Purps! Great to see you here. How's the weather for you now? Do you like the cold? Just curious. Some people really like colder weather and snow.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hello all-
I fell out of the habit of posting on here but I am back.

I'm very grateful for a beautiful day--yesterday was one of those days that I just felt anxious and down but I decided to adopt the mindset of enjoying every day I have. So, I'm thankful for today.

I'm thankful that I worked myself out of my low and anxious mood(mostly) by doing the right basic things.

I'm so thankful for SR, and all of you.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Turs, I would be second guessing myself too but you did the right thing. It’s probably also the internal monologue of all the feelings that surrounded it reverberating in your mind. Or maybe that’s just a me thing. But when I invest a lot of mental energy and have a lot of imaginary conversations/ arguments (which of course I always brilliantly win), I tend to assume the other people were in my brain with me. Hope it levels out for you soon.
Jack that does sound like an emotionally draining day.
Hi and happy Sunday to all!

Grateful
-I got back here (later than normal) even though my normal posting time got interrupted by Ms. Barky Pants downstairs wanting to go for her walk.
- to talk to a friend for over an hour yesterday. I completely screwed up my day which actually left me with more time than I thought I had and she asked if she could call and I said yes. I almost never talk on the phone. It was really nice.
- to get a laugh at how ridiculous I am. I completely messed up communication with my neighbor whose wife died. He asked me if I could drive her car and I thought he wanted me to drive it in a way that was related to the services yesterday. Looking back on the texts that is not at all what he asked. I just connected them in my mind.
- that even though I goofed I can still be a support to him. He was all alone last night. His own sister didn’t stay the night. I know it’s definitely not my job to fill that gap but I can make food and check in once in a while. Plus most of the stuff I make my kids don’t like and I can’t eat all of so it’s a bit of a win-win.
- to go see the Shining impromptu last night with my daughter. Expensive but fun. Plus scary.
- for dog training today (kind of). In fact, better run to make it in time!

Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2023, 08:32 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

PART 2 :I have to finish this down here. I have this thing where my posts will start acting weird when I type and puts letters in the wrong places. It's weird.
Tursi, I hope you're feeling better. Setting boundaries is very healthy. I hope you feel better soon.
CBS, I talked to my mom and she said I could take the letter to the post office on Monday. I guess I shouldn't have assumed she'd be unreasonable. Although she was kind of strange about it before. She has OCD which she is in denial about, but it gets intense sometimes. Grateful to be feeling a lot better about our relationship today. I am grateful for mom and do love her. Sorry you all get to hear about my ongoing caregiving saga. It's a joy to have her and it is also frustrating at the same time. Definitely ambivalent about the whole thing. I do love her.
Jack so sorry about your friend. I hope the funeral was cathartic. Thinking of you. Glad to see you back.
Alpine, glad you're going to slow down a bit. You need the rest. Sending prayers for you.
Free, hope you're keeping up with all you have to do with the new house. It looks beautiful. You'll have to send us more pictures as the building progresses.
Zen, I will probably watch the 49ers game. I think it's tonight. My beloved Chicago Bears are really terrible this year and they had all those great draft picks. You almost wonder if they are trying to be this bad! So sad.
NL, thanks for the PM to my great gal pal.
Hi samwitch!
I hope I remembered every one.. So sorry if I forgot anyone.
Have a wonderful day. Love and peace to all. I am so grateful for you all and for all my blessings, which I have a lot of. I have to remember to be grateful for what I have and am and try to do the best I can. Take good care.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Jack, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm grateful that a Robin came to visit you ... amazing.
Thank you everyone for the support. I feel a little better today ... after good night's sleep and several supportive emails and a phone call from friends in my volunteer circle. I'm grateful for that community and their support.
Welcome back samwitch! and Purple!
Grateful to be singing this morning and going to a concert this afternoon.
Grateful for a beautiful fall day.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - Grateful for you, too. As always.
Tursiops - Very happy you're feeling a bit better.
Sam - Lovely to see you again.
Jack - I'm sorry for your sad day, I can imagine how draining it was to get through. Good of you to be there.
NL - Helping your neighbor is so kind.
Fearless - Was sonny's hair a lot longer before being cut?
CBS - Hope that nasty condition leaves you alone.
Free - I had to lol at the Bongo comment. I'm sure you've put that talent to use many times over the years?
Grateful for a gorgeous fall day.
Grateful for my new fall wreath - door looks naked without one.
Grateful for all of you & the stuff we share.
Old 10-02-2023, 02:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Purp – Loving the Halloween vibes

Zencat – grateful for your posts and your presence

CBS – yes, the robin was so strange and surreal, I wondered if it was my friend paying a visit! Googled the symbolism of the robin and would you believe, it’s linked to the death of a loved one…..

Fearless – hope you had a nice hike

Samwitch – great to read how you turned your mood around. Have a good day

NL – lovely how you’re helping your neighbour. And I love the Shining!

Aly – thanks for the kind words 😊 and yeah, I hear you – I certainly have family members I love but test me….You do a great job

Tursiops – yes, here’s to the Fall (Autumn over here) I am loving the colours

Hev – the wreath sounds like a lovely thing

Free, Alpine & everyone else - hello and have the best day

Grateful for a day off. Time to catch up with emails and work on my (never-ending) essay
Grateful for a text from an old friend
Grateful for the house I'm now living in and that me and my buddy are getting on really well
Grateful that I came downstairs to a pot of fresh coffee. That never happened when I lived alone :-)

Old 10-02-2023, 03:15 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up with no hangover

Grateful for the little things that I can’t think of at the moment because I just started my first coffee….

Grateful for coffee!

Grateful to be here with you all
Old 10-02-2023, 03:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Jack, sorry about the loss of your friend
Purps,
Free, happy to hear you can continue to enjoy the beauty of the Park/s
CB, happy to hear you are feeling better
NL, I am not one to talk on the phone either. I am not too much of a chatty person
Sam, Hi!!!
Aly, hope this day finds you well
Turs, so happy you have all of that support
Hev, it sure has been beautiful up here
Zen, happy to see you
Grateful I got Mr. A to the airport safely. There are so many deer out and about
Grateful I am not in as much as a funk as I was yesterday. Getting so worn out with all of the medical stuff I have been dealing with. Heading in for more tests today and followup tomorrow. I need a break..
Grateful I slept fairly well
Grateful for my coffee
Grateful for the sunny weather we have been having in my little corner of the world.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi all-
Grateful for another beautiful morning.
Grateful that I a full day of work ahead and I can tackle it hangover free and with a calm demeanor.
And grateful to be here.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:46 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for the warm weather in October.

Grateful for a brand-new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:53 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sam great to see you back! And sorry about the dark and anxious feeling. Hope you can get whatever support you need here and wherever. I’ve missed you. When we were talking about dental stuff I was thinking of you because now those things are forever linked in my brain.
Aly, that stinks about the weirdness with posting. Glad you persevered.
Turs, glad you are feeling somewhat better.
Hev, I think I need a new fall wreath. I have one I re use every year but honestly I kind of hate it. It’s too cutesy to really feel right to me. Plus little fall colored ribbon pieces keep falling off of it. Idk. There are so many things to spend money on in this world. And I guess i don’t have to take every chance I can get to do that … and yet….
Jack, I love that there was a pot of coffee from your buddy. That sounds very homey.
Purpirks, your post cracked me up!
Alpine, I so wish you got more of a break from the medical appointments. You really deserve one. And loads of support.

Grateful
- I did bring my neighbor some soup and he seemed to appreciate it. I haven’t seen a single soul go by and bring him food or check on him or anything. Oy.
- I was able to go back to sleep after both times i woke up last night.
- I don’t think I have too many meetings this week…I’m sort of avoiding looking at work stuff so fingers crossed I’m right as that would be a rather unpleasant surprise.
- for continuing to rediscover cooking. I’m finally trying to make risotto. Most of my inspiration comes from crap I need to use up that has been in the pantry too long. Including some Arborio rice. We will see! I figure even if I get the texture wrong it should still taste ok and I can just omit the wine.
- my son buckled down and just did his homework yesterday. This should not be a miraculous cause for celebration but that is kind of where we are so I’ll take it. I was braced for an intense battle. And instead, he actually just did his work. Trying not to get too hopeful but still also trying to celebrate that it’s something!
- I leave in less than a week for work conference. I won’t have to take care of pets or kids and can just be with the adults. It will be a lot of work but also hopefully feel enjoyable. And unlike my old job, I can actually just participate in the conference instead of having to put out fires and deal with emergencies and triage work the whole time.
- for coffee.
Old 10-02-2023, 05:24 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today.
Grateful not to be in the insane asylum, nor in prison or in the cemetery.
Alive and sober at home.

Have a good day Graters ☼
Old 10-02-2023, 06:17 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Grateful

Hubby suggests we leave early today and drive home, losing big $$$ or not, horrible night, freezing cold expensive cabin. 😫
To be working a LOT in October to help pay off credit card bill
coffee
all of you
for each day we are gifted

Jack, im sorry for your loss, my healing vibes are coming your way as you read this

coffee
heated steering wheel in car