Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 127

Old 10-02-2023, 06:58 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi Samwitch. So good to see you
Cheers to that Canadian koala!
Aly, and Hev, about the hair cut, it was not that long in back. The top was what was long. The style these days for boys is short sides and back, and a birds nest top. The hairdresser got rid of the birds nest. Now it’s just a little spikey. Oh the drama. He’s decided to wear a beanie until it grows out. He asked if he could use my hair growth shampoo. Lol 😂
Free, sorry to hear that. Glad you’ve got work to help
Numblady, once again our lives are on a parallel course. Sonny boy did his homework, I’m getting bak in To cooking, and I have a work conference next week 😊
Alpine, thinking of you as always. You are a strong person
Pups, yes to all the little things
FBL, yes to more sober adventures
Grateful sonny boy got over bad mood after his homework and we settled into watching Kim’s Convenience
Grateful to not read more into a conversation with my boss
Grateful to stay the course
Grateful we don’t always have to be striving. We can just be and enjoy what we have in the present
Grateful if I don’t think about the past or the future, life is very very good
Grateful to continue to seek my own truth even if it makes me different
Old 10-02-2023, 07:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi gratitude bunch.

LOL Purps. I'm grateful coffee helps me appreciate the little things when I can remember where I it put them.

Different strokes for different folks. Thankful for my own drum to beat as music is life to me.

The day is calling me to action. I must heed the call for better health as action is life.

Make it a good day because you have the power to do it.

Love and Light Blessed Be
Old 10-02-2023, 08:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Grateful to be posting this morning. I feel like I want to go back to sleep. I just brought my mom's tea and papers to her grateful I got that done and now I'm back in bed with my lap top! Grateful for that.
Hev, I was just thinking, I may have forgotten to mention you by name yesterday, one of my most favorite people! So sorry for the oversight, I would never intentionally. That's why I can't name everyone all the time, I always forget someone important. So grateful for you and for your being here all these years and for your kindness. It's always there. So grateful for you.
Grateful for my blessings. I guess I have to get up and get the day started pretty soon. I do have to get to the post office or a mail box. My mom wanted me to take her to the phone store and I should get my phone turned on. Just for safety on the streets I should have my phone. I just have to get a number for it but for some reason, I'm not looking forward to it. My mom is probably going to get messed up, so I just have to leave it. I really don't like talking on the phone at all and I don't even like my cell phone, but like I said for safety on the road I have to get it turned on. Not looking forward to that. I always want to do unpleasant things later. My sister that I was talking to is no longer speaking to me. It's like man, what did I do this time. I was kind of depressed about it, but now, I don't even care. It's obvious that even to the point of apologizing, I can't be whatever she wants me to be. I'm just letting it go. Nothing else I can do.
Alpine, I hope you had a restful weekend and you're feeling a little better. All my love and prayers to you and your family. Take care of yourself, dear one.
Great to see you, Purps. So glad you're here.
Grateful for my blessings and all of you. I think the temps are going up. It feels hotter already. Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to everyone.

Old 10-02-2023, 10:51 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - More tests - no wonder you get frustrated. Yet still you carry on & continue to live life the best you can.
NL - I have some too cutesy decorations I keep putting out. A little scarecrow that's a bit tacky...I may dump him this year. I hope the conference is in an interesting place, & you can enjoy it.
CK - I agree with your 2nd line. Could have been any of the 3 for me. It's so good to be free.
Fearless - Did he have the haircut called a 'fade'? I don't think it's flattering. A little spikey sounds much better. (Does the hair growth stuff work? I bought minoxidil but haven't tried it.)
Aly - Thank you. I didn't feel left out. We can't mention everyone, every day - I just hope everyone here knows I think the world of them & enjoy their posts. Unreal about your sister!
Grateful for a warm, sunny day - record breaking temps. in the 80's later in the week.
Grateful/Not Grateful my neighbor brought over a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. What to do....
Grateful for the nights I can crack the windows open.
Grateful for the strong & resilient GP.

Old 10-03-2023, 03:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Fear, can I borrow your hair growth shampoo? Once this chemo is done they say it will start to grow back in about 4 weeks.
Zen,
Aly, I hope you find some time for yourself my friend
Hev, thanks, it sure is getting tiresome. I am loving these warmer temps
Pondy, NL, Turs,Purps, Free, and oh gosh...who else am I forgetting..HI!
Grateful no more bloodwork or injections this week
Grateful that when I spoke with my medical oncolgist yesterday that she is okay and in agreement with next week being my last cycle of chemo. Wooot wooot, only one more 4.5 day cycle in the hospital. I am sure next week will really drag knowing that. I have just been getting so burned out with all of this since starting everything in Jan. I need my life back
Grateful I was able to chop up more wood for kindling. When I told Mr A that via text I said " whose better then me" his response was " a woodchuck?" lol
Grateful for the beautiful weather
Grateful to have an appointment with my Orthopedic oncolodist today..so then I should be done with that for a few months.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:04 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

HI FBL — missed you yesterday. Love starting my week with the FBL standby.
CK- so nice to see your post.
Free, that sounds like a miserable experience. I’m glad you didn’t keep making yourselves do it because it was not worth whatever money you paid to keep suffering.
Fear, love that our lives are so parallel right now.
Hev, I too have a tacky scarecrow. It’s just completely not my style. But then again I don’t know if any whimsical holiday based decor is my style. I think I just feel like I should do something especially with my daughter really campaigning for it.
Aly I’m so sorry about your sister.
Zen go and seize that day! Well by now you will have already done it.
Alpine, I am happy this will be your last cycle. I’m guessing it was not a simple straightforward decision. I’m glad for you to get your life back.
Hi to anyone I am missing.

Grateful
- for times when I can blast music through the whole house
- to follow through when I need to make an apology/amends to someone
- for my vacuum. It’s a Dyson. It needs to be added to the appliance prayer list just because I love it so much
- for my little robot vacuum. It’s not as good but I still do appreciate its industriousness and dedication to getting the job done even if not super powerful.
- for good sleep last night even though I had several panicked texts when I got up in the middle of the night. My daughter is having trouble sleeping again and then my ex was asking me really ridiculous questions about my son’s phone which he was unable to fix himself.
- to live in the age of podcasts and access to recorded meditations
- that I was completely wrong about my day not having meetings yesterday. I ended up in the office almost the whole day with meetings back to back.
- that today I really only have one meeting
- for the GP.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

NL, are you Ssuurree? 😍💻🗄️🖇️? Sorry about the texts in middle of night. Perhaps ex was drinking?
Fear, lol about the hair. I saw a you tube with my estranged son, he now has past the shoulder hippie hair! Def has my gene pool.
Alpine, glad the oncologist agrees you’ve had enough! Wonderful it’s so effective and you’ll get your life back ♥️
Hev, what to do with those Krispy Kreme’s……..🤔🫣
Aly, I don’t know how you keep trusting that sister. How painful for you.
Zen, great post. Life is ACTION. Let’s get to it, shall we?
Purps, love coffee too AND I’m glad it’s October
Sam, glad you got out of the low with intention and action.
FBL, thanks for the Monday salute as usual

good to see you CK!

Old 10-03-2023, 04:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Grateful

to wake up early in a warm comfortable bed
its snowing
we saw ALL the animals except a grizzly
being home a day early to do chores
coffee I’m about to brew
my hubby
Old 10-03-2023, 06:42 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Free, glad for the snow! Winter is coming and with that the holidays
Hev and Alpine, sonny boy is angry that no one seems to know how to do a fade very well. Lol. I’m glad for that. By the way, the shampoo is a rosemary oil shampoo I get on Amazon. But for me, I have been using minodoxil foam for a few years since I started getting really thinning hair. It is a miracle treatment. I use the Target brand and the one for men and use it only once a day instead of twice. It has changed my hair texture as well as making it thicker. I really like it. I currently keep a medium length cut in an inverted Bob. I would never let my son use this stuff. But the rosemary shampoo is fine
Grateful though I didn’t sleep well, I should be able to get in a meditative nap today after my meeting
Grateful sonny boy tried tomato soup last night and loved it. Made it with a grilled cheese
Numblady, I love podcasts too. Just discovered This American Life. Love it
Old 10-03-2023, 07:45 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hev, I like the warm temps over the cold ones. Geese are or have flown south? I miss seeing them. Honk! Honk! flying V formation so cool to see and hear.
FBL, warm for now but Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr time is coming. As a Michigander I know what a real winter is. Here near to the SoCal I have been in T shirt and shorts for decades now. I've been to the mountains with subzero temps, with full on winter gear on except I wear shorts. I think I have one pair of long pants packed away somewhere, not sure, maybe tossed out.
Numb, Trying out new recipes sounds cool. Good luck with sonny
Alpine, looks to be a break in treatments coming up. Good to know. Thank you for the updates friend.
Aly, hope you can get sorted about your family. Let go let God. That works for you right. Serenity prayer works for you and me too, I have a heap of letting go. Especially my dirty laundry...LOL Laundry joke, could not help myself so help me God. Love and Light Aly my friend. Alone we can't, together we can.
CBS, whats up buddy?
Free, your free spirit comes through in your writing so well. You are a pleasure to know.
Turs, hope you are on the mend.
Jack, good your getting along with your house buddy.
Hi Sam
Purps, your my coffee buddy, best wishes today.
I think that covers it. Got a big group here

Grateful this morning for some sunshine in my window, a place to call home, and sober friends here to emulate for my own good.
On your marks, ready, stedy
Old 10-03-2023, 07:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey everybody!

Grateful for a day off today, although it's full of appointments and errands. Expensive appointments: contractors arriving to give me estimates and or fixing stuff. Ah well, I am grateful to be able to afford it and grateful that I own my home(well me and the bank!)
Grateful for my pets.
Grateful the Phillies are in the playoffs(love baseball and football.)
Grateful for a lovely sunny October day in Eastern PA.

Hey Numb--I love having conferences where I'm not the problem solver! I had many years of that, so enjoy!!
Love to all.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:01 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober. Grateful my mom and I went to the phone stores but neither of us can get our phones to work. I guess we'll have to go back. Mine has so many passwords and IDs I'm supposed to have that I don't. Super annoying. I feel like throwing it out the window. I'm not crazy about phones.
I have an easy day today I think. I hope. Grateful to go to the library later. It's funny, if I'm rested and not feeling crazy, I like to go to the library for my mom. It just gets to feel like too much sometimes when I have a bunch of things to do, but I'm good with it.
Alpine, so glad this is the last one for a while. As always, my love and prayers to you. Thank you for the mention. So true. I hope you are able to rest well.
Grateful for the Grat Pack and all of you so much.
Grateful for the energy to do the things I have to do. Grateful for all my blessings.
Have a wonderful day. Love and peace to all.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Thanks for the Minox. info - I really appreciate it.
Zen - I don't think the Geese have done a fly over yet - but it should be soon. I love the haunting sound.
Sam - I'll root for your Phillies, since my Yankees didn't do well. (Grew up not too far from Philly )
Aly - Sorry the phones are so confusing - I feel the same.
Grateful for another summer-ish day.
Grateful I went ahead & put my tacky, cheesy fall decs. around - couldn't help myself.
Grateful MrH & I resolved a disagreement. Doesn't happen often, but when it does I tend to sulk & that accomplishes nothing.
Grateful for US.

Old 10-03-2023, 10:23 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Quick grats is better than no grats right?
Sam good to see you back.
Howdy to Zen. I am good.
Free wow snow already. I love snow. Hope we get some this year. Last year was a bust.
Alpine I am so glad you just have one more series for now. You need a break!

Grateful for another beautiful fall day.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a good meeting with my boss. And she complimented me and thanked me for my work.
Grateful we head to the beach tomorrow.
Grateful my sore throat does not seem to be turning into anything still. Just feel a little off.
Grateful that my mother's estate that I am executor of is finally settled! I think. Just waiting on some tax refunds. But everything else is done.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:15 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Funny, Fearless, my nephews are all into fades and have to go to special guys to do it. I, quite frankly, have seem them and I don't know what the big deal is. Fades are all the thing. I'm sure SB looks very handsome in his new haircut. 💗
Zen, thank you for the nice comments.
Sorry, just a couple of grats I didn't say earlier. I know Free. Same sister pulling the rug out from under me. Gotta let her go.
Take care all.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:26 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Grateful that I can check in here and keep in touch with our SR family

Old 10-03-2023, 08:09 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

view this morning

view from house

Grateful to get called into work tomorrow.

That sends me out of town, so posting might be off timing, etc.

Will try and catch up tomorrow night, , as I now need to get up at dark thirty, pack my food for three days, nine meals.

Pray my bed is in an area with quiet roommates
Old 10-04-2023, 02:53 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Grateful for quiet mornings (did I mention how I love coffee?)

Great pics Free! Hope you have a good trip

Aly your sister sounds like a grade school girl….how annoying! When I was little I remember asking my dad what to do when a friend is mad at you….without batting an eyelash he said “Ignore them, they’ll get over it” …and to this day I still follow that advice (unless I know I’m actually at fault for something.)

Good to see you Fearless, Hev, Zen, Alpine, Numb, Sam, CBS

Sorry I’m not good about mentioning everyone

Grateful to be here and sober
Old 10-04-2023, 03:32 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for at least one more day of summer-like weather here in Wisconsin.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:42 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey all - fly by grat drop for me today

Grateful for autumn. I love it
Grateful for a return of sunshine as well
Grateful for a joyous trip to the cinema yesterday to see the Talking Heads film Stop Making Sense. Utterly brilliant!
Grateful to be alive & to be doing it sober

Love to each and every one x