Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 127

Old 09-29-2023, 03:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Aly, good morning. I am happy to hear the group is helping..and as you know, in group dynamics there will always be one or 2 that will test you so to speak. Big hug
Hev, thanks so muc for your kind words. It has definitely a challenge. I hope the dentist went as well as it could..considering it was the dentists.
Fear, thank you for your thoughts. quesadillas .hmmm, have not made those in a while, I should do that again. How do you make yours? I use left over grilled chicken that I chop up small that I reheat with taco seasoning and other spiced then make them by cooking them in the oven.
Grateful to have spent a lot of time outside yesterday
Grateful we got take out Chinese food for our anniversary
Grateful we had a fire in our firepit

Old 09-29-2023, 04:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Alpine, happy anniversary! Chinese take out sounds like a lovely way to mark the occasion. Hope the injections are as painless as they possibly can be and that you have the greatest break possible from doctors and medical appointments between now and the next hospital stay.
Purp, loved the quote and glad to see you. Hope to see you more.
Fearless awesome SB gobbled up the food you made. What is ERG?
Aly, glad you made it to group.
Hev, so brave with the dentist! And thank you for the appliance prayer
And hi to anyone I missed!

Grateful
- supposedly the weather will get out of the 90s next week. As usual trying not to get my hopes up but can’t help but feel some bit of it.
- for it being Friday
- that my daughter wants to try cooking tonight
- to be sober and enjoy sober sleep
- for all of you.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Grateful for strong coffee

Grateful for family and friends (SR included)

Grateful for new opportunities
Old 09-29-2023, 06:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Grat Pack. I took another little hiatus. I need to be more consistent. Just so busy with life. Mostly good things though.

Dee thank you for the new thread!
Purps so good to see you here. I always love seeing your fun avatar.
Hello to Zen hope your kitty continues to make you smile.
NL glad you had a positive work change in an unjust policy.
Alpine Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a good weekend.
Fearless that book sounds good. I may check it out.
Hev I hope the dentist went okay.
Aly so nice that NL's PM helped your mood.
Free thanks for the pics. I hope your wildflower effort works. Have you done it before? A friend gave me a bunch of wildflower seeds but I don't have a sunny enough spot in my yard.
Jack that is great you can play your recorder without a grump banging on your wall.

I hope Zura, Palmer and all others are well.

Grateful for Friday even though I have to work a few hours this afternoon to make up for my match yesterday.
Grateful for my upcoming beach trip. Going for 5 days around next weekend. My daughters and grand will join us for a few days. So far weather looks good. I love the beach in the off season.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful we had a nice dinner out for my youngest's 29th bday. I made carrot cake cupcakes that the restaurant served for us. My granddaughter only liked the frosting. She is a picky eater. LOL.
Grateful to be taking a walk with my middle daughter in a bit. She got the day off.
Grateful for a weekend to get some yard and house chores done and no big plans.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 09-29-2023, 06:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

CBS, I understand your granddaughter. I only like the frosting too. Lol
Numblady, an ERG stands for Employee Resource Group. The company I work for has several, including one for parenting and caregiving, womens Erg, Dei ERG, gardening, cooking, etc, etc. they keep coming up with more. How do people have time to actually work? Lol
Aly, glad the group is working for you even though there are some annoying people. I guess that’s the case in every group
Alpine, how I do the quesadilla is I first cut red and green bell peppers into thin strips, slice up some red onion, chop some garlic and sauté it all in olive oil with a little salt. Put that aside. Then sauté grilled chicken strips in olive oil mixed with about a TBS of taco seasoning. Throw it all together. Then I stuff the mixture between two tortillas with grated cheddar and heat the quesadilla on the grill until cheese melts. Super yum!
Grateful to finish Inside Man
Grateful it’s a slow work day. Woke up too early. Will need a nap
Grateful the home owners insurance jump wasn’t as big as I thought it would be. Will have to set more aside for next year though
Old 09-29-2023, 08:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the nice mentions. Thank you. It really helps to have so much support. I am grateful, truly.
I hope Zen is ok. Haven't seen him here for a day or two. I'm not taking attendance, just concerned about people we haven't seen for a day or few.
So good to see our Purps. Love it that you've been here the last couple of days. 💗
Alpine, Happy Anniversary! I think Chinese take out is a lovely way to spend it. My mom has had a stroke and sometimes for occasions, she either cannot or doesn't want to go out, so we'll bring in food and often it's more fun than going out! I hope you are feeling better. Sending all my love and prayers to you and Gatorman. s
CBS, you are so lucky to have the beach so close to you! I told my psychiatrist that if I can't get some help in CA that I may move to the Carolinas because it is so much cheaper and the beach is there, etc. He said it might not be a bad idea to check it out. I don't know that I can afford to live in CA. When I heard all the accommodations that S. Carolina was making for a more concerted effort for a more mature population, which I am approaching, no state taxes and medical facilities,, etc. Plus it looks like heaven. CA is so beautiful, but you have to be super rich to live in the really nice areas, like places I could live somewhere else. It's getting so hot, but I suppose the Carolinas are hot too. Just something I have to contend with. I love the idea of having a lovely beach nearby too.
Fearless and Alpine, I had to chuckle about there always being one or two peeps in a group that are super inappropriate and annoying. I guess I just have to deal with it. I have got to stop the eye rolling. So impolite. Sometimes, I just can't help it.
Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to you all.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - Sounds like a lovely 29th birthday celebration. mmm, frosting.
Alpine - A happy belated anniversary to you & MrA.
Aly - Lately, I feel like I spend half the day eye rolling. See? There I go again.
Grateful for the dental appointment support. It was not a scene from Marathon Man or Little Shop of Horrors. I guess it's safe to admit dentistry has changed.
Grateful this will be a warm, sunny weekend.
Grateful I enjoyed Netflix movies (by mail) for 15 yrs. They are discontinuing that service as of today. I looked at my account, & I watched 1200 movies - good grief.
Grateful for this branch of our SR family.
:
Old 09-29-2023, 01:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Late drive-by for mem today.
Grateful I've sorted my volunteer stuff ... I notified everyone I will serve out my term which ends in four months, but not sign up for a new term. ALso I'm reducing my expectations of myself for what I have to accomplish in the next four months, to the bare minimum. I feel better about it now.
Grateful to remember my limitations.
Grateful for getting a lot done this morning.
Grateful for this group.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

NL, thanks! Port draw yesterday was a bit on the painful side, and the injection was not too bad. At least I get a break for 2 days
CB, have a great time with your beach trip
Fear, thanks for sharing!
Hev, enjoy the warm weather, i looked 10 days out. Brrrr
Hi to turs, Free, and purps and everyone else
Grateful for 2 days off from appointments
Grateful I got a bunch of wood chopped into kindling. I would go from sewing to chopping wood several times. lol
Grateful Mr. A and I took a walk last night. It felt like we were running, even though our pace was pretty slow. Our pace was 2 minutes slower per mile. sigh..
Grateful for all of you.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Alpine, you are so physically active for what you are going through. I’m amazed!
Aly, I know what you mean about not taking attendance but worrying about friends who we don’t see here for a while.
Purp, good to see you twice in a row.
Hi everyone else.

Grateful
- for a Target run last night even if I forgot to return the thing I’ve been leaving by the front door so I wouldn’t forget to return it.
- my kids were both on pretty good behavior last night. My daughter especially but they both got along at dinner which is a miracle. My daughter did her own thing kind of making a recipe of sorts. It was super cute. She wanted to add veggies to pasta and so she sautéed like 4 cherry tomatoes and 5 pieces of spinach.
- I finally made a recipe I’ve been hauling around for probably twenty years because it sounded like it might be reminiscent of this other recipe I made one time that was so good and I can’t find again. Anyhow this recipe was okay but I think unnecessarily complicated and not all that wonderful. I’m liking the idea of just methodically trying as many of these darn things as I can so I can get rid of them if they’re not all that great.
- that my life is abundant enough to have space for recipe collections and researching pots and pans
- that this group is the exception to the couple of annoying people in every group principle
- for sobriety and SR.
Old 09-30-2023, 05:51 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Grateful

for recipes shared
for anniversaries
for being kind to ourselves
for picky eaters 🤣
for seeing some of Yellowstone NP before our government shuts it down
for being able to help out SIL and daughter when the government stops his paychecks
for coffee
for an amazing day yesterday in wildlife viewing
for great cool weather
for coffee

Old 09-30-2023, 07:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Alpine, glad you got out even though it felt like running
Free, yes to self kindness
Numblady, that’s adorable about your daughter cooking
Turps, so glad you have set these boundaries
Aly, eye rolling is the worst
Hev, no more Netflix mail order! We really have made it to the future
Grateful to get over Mr F negative remarks yesterday and move on. He didn’t mean anything by it. He is projecting his own experience on to me and I feel sorry for him that he had a negative career experience. He is also in a way protecting me, or trying to, so I appreciate that but he doesn’t have tom
Grateful sonny boy had fun with his friends online last night then wanted to hang out with old ma and pa. We usually watch tv downstairs. But since Mr F and I were already in bed upstairs, sonny boy snuggled in between us with the cats and we watched Modern Family. Happy times 😊
Grateful to go to Marshall’s and find some really cute cargo joggers, a cool slim jacket, and a nice white blouse that is dress up or dress down
Gratefjl to be going for a hike with a friend
Grateful to be having an old friend and his son over for dinner. Used to be great friends with he and his wife. They’ve been divorced now for four years. The wife is a narcissist. No longer friends with her
Old 09-30-2023, 07:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Alpine, glad you got out even though it felt like running
Free, yes to self kindness
Numblady, that’s adorable about your daughter cooking
Turps, so glad you have set these boundaries
Aly, eye rolling is the worst
Hev, no more Netflix mail order! We really have made it to the future
Grateful to get over Mr F negative remarks yesterday and move on. He didn’t mean anything by it. He is projecting his own experience on to me and I feel sorry for him that he had a negative career experience. He is also in a way protecting me, or trying to, so I appreciate that but he doesn’t have tom
Grateful sonny boy had fun with his friends online last night then wanted to hang out with old ma and pa. We usually watch tv downstairs. But since Mr F and I were already in bed upstairs, sonny boy snuggled in between us with the cats and we watched Modern Family. Happy times 😊
Grateful to go to Marshall’s and find some really cute cargo joggers, a cool slim jacket, and a nice white blouse that is dress up or dress down
Gratefjl to be going for a hike with a friend
Grateful to be having an old friend and his son over for dinner. Used to be great friends with he and his wife. They’ve been divorced now for four years. The wife is a narcissist. No longer friends with her
Old 09-30-2023, 07:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Still here Aly Still going sober strong

Feeling good but kinda sleepy ish. Time to get the morning started with the chores and bicycle tyre tube change, front room cleaning and who knows what the day will bring. I'm ready tho

Grateful to start the day sober and willing to do my best I can at living and giving peace.

Thank you guys for being here. Go ahead a give yourself a pat on the back for me. Good Job All!
Old 09-30-2023, 08:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Zen
I was hoping we'd see Purps today. She is one of my favorite people. I've known her a long time and I hope we see her more often.
NL- So cute, your daughter cooking She may be a good cook. I still don't know how to make a recipe from scratch! I think that's very inventive. This is the exception to a group without the annoying people, I love it!
Fearless, eye rolling is the worst, I just can't help it. Maybe I should start putting some mindfulness toward it. It feels so necessary when someone is being a goof. I'm glad you got some cute stuff at Marshall's. I don't know how you find time to shop! I've been wanting to stop by TJ Maxx down the street. I haven't been there in ages. The sometimes have some really nice stuff. Their sizes tend to be smaller, so when I'm about 15 pounds thinner or so, I do better with clothes. They have some great beauty products cheap too sometimes.
The weather is weird and very dark. There were rumors of some rain today. Maybe.
I have to go mail my mom's taxes today before she has a heart attack. She waits until the last minute. There is this big Oktoberfest going on by the closest post office, which you can't get to. So, even though I was just at the post office, I have to make another trip to one far away.. I'm just trying to be ok about it, but she does this kind of thing to me all the time. It just gets frustrating. Sorry to vent. Maybe she can't think right but part of me wonders if she does it on purpose sometimes. As much as I love her and am grateful for her she does not do things to make running her errands and chores and easier. Oh well. Such is life. It's not that big of a deal, it just gets old. I worked my way through school waitressing and I am very efficient, she is the antithesis of efficient. Although I am grateful for her. It's sad to see her get so old.
Alpine, so sorry you're having pain with some of your shots. You are in my thoughts often and in my prayers. I love that you are so upbeat, it's got to be hard. Thinking of you and hoping you are resting well. 💗
Grateful for all of you and your posts that are so smart and wonderful to read. I'm grateful we can share and be grateful at the same time. Grateful for a full kitchen full of groceries and for our cars, and all my blessings. Grateful I've never been on the street. Grateful for the people who try to to do right. Have a wonderful day. Love and peace to all.
Old 09-30-2023, 08:53 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Grateful to log in and see the grat packers here.
Struggling a bit right now ... feeling a reverb after setting boundaries with my volunteer role, fears that I'll be rejected etc. Not rational, but we can't control our irrational hearts, can we? Just feeling rocky about everything.
Grateful I felt inspired to cook soup for the kids and grandkids yesterday, and bake brownies. So grateful to share a meal, help with bath times, read a story to the toddler. Grateful for the unexpected gift of friendship with my daughter-in-law.
Grateful it has been good paddling weather a lot of days this week.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tursiops - We most definitely can't control our irrational hearts. I often feel just the same - you're not alone. You did the right thing though! I'm sure you'll come to realize that.
Alpine - I agree with NL - you're very active, considering! I'm always a little worried you're doing too much, but I'm sure you know best. 10 days out it's brrrr? Not ready.
NL - I have a bunch of those recipes I've been 'meaning to try' for years. Some of the ones I found in FoodNetwork Mag. seem ridiculously labor intensive & probably not worth it. I think I'll dump them.
Grateful for another sunny day with more fall colors showing. Time to dump some of my potted flowers.
Grateful for mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Grateful MrH is happily watching football & doesn't need my attention.
Grateful to not take things so personally. It's been a struggle.
Love to each and every grateful person here.
Old 09-30-2023, 01:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

(((Tursi))) Feel better soon. I get like that too sometimes. So nice of you to cook for the grandkids! That will keep you busy.
Thinking about you. 💗
Old 09-30-2023, 01:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hev, yeah..I need to reel myself in a bit. Have always been one to push myself pretty hard.
Old 10-01-2023, 05:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey all - behind with everyone's grats I'm afraid. It was my friend's funeral on Friday. A long and emotional day. It took it out of me I think. Learned a lot about him from others who knew him. He led such a wild and colourful life - a rough diamond for sure, and absolutely fearless, but also a man who was kind and loyal to his friends. I will miss him and I'm grateful that our lives intersected. His life was a hard one from the start but I believe he is at peace now and he leaves behind people who loved him.

Grateful to be alive
Grateful for hangover-free weekends and time to do things slowly
Grateful for the robin I found sitting on my pillow this morning when I came back from the kitchen! It hung out for a bit then few out of the window again. Fare thee well my feathered friend.....

(Free – you made me laugh – it’s the same in the UK. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to give children the recorder of all instruments?! I think it has a bad rep for this reason. But I went for the alto recorder, which is larger and less shrill. I can still make some discordant sounds for sure but it has the potential to make sweet music if I keep at it……!)

Love to everyone x