Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 127

Old 09-26-2023, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Gratitude Part 127

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-126-a-20.html (Morning Gratitude Part 126)

D
Old 09-26-2023, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for opening this new Morning Gratitude chapter monsieur Dee

Grateful to be sober and clean every morning and for the SR family ☼
Old 09-26-2023, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very late today. Thanks for the new part Dee.
CK - I love the cheery sunrise. Perfect for the GP.
Alpine - I hope you're getting rested up & feeling better.
Grateful we saw the sun for a bit.
Grateful my sister opened up about some things. Jealousy kept us from being good friends growing up - I'm sad about that.
Grateful I don't have to lie on the bed to zip my jeans anymore.
Grateful for all my years of learning good stuff here at SR.
Old 09-27-2023, 03:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey all

Grateful that I can play my recorder now. In my old flat any time I played it the old guy in the flat below hammered on the ceiling. It can be a bit piercing so I chose to put it away. But great to be back to practising again
Grateful for a nice evening with friends yesterday
Grateful to be more and more present

Fearless – haven’t seen Painkiller but I did see All the Beauty and the Bloodshed which is about that. Shocking and heart-breaking. How could they do it? It’s beyond me

CBS – long may your little fish swim!

Hev – I’d love to see a chipmunk. We don’t have those little guys here sadly

Zen – loved what you said about the gritty stuff paying off – so true

Aly – sorry to hear about the mood and all the other stuff. Hope it passes real soon

Free – good luck in the garden

Alpine – sending you a bunch of love

Tursiops – that’s great you got some clarity about the volunteering

CK – hello!

Love to all

Old 09-27-2023, 04:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, missed a day and missed a lot!
Dee, thank you for keeping us going with a new part.
CK, agree with Hev it’s the perfect graphic for this group.
Hev, that is so awesome on the weight loss..
Jack, I don’t blame you for being peopled out after the visit. Also it is so cool you play the recorder! I’ve never known anyone who did. So interesting!
Free, I’m not sure yet if my son’s used phone works. It comes in the mail and then I have to deal with trying to put old SIM card in and/or going to the store for them to put one in. We shall see.
Aly, that sounds really tough with your family and feeling so isolated and alone in being expected to do all the tasks. I’m sorry.
Zen, the prayers were lovely and it’s so nice to hear how you are getting through the procrastinated tasks.
Turs, that sounds like a great plan
Fear, I’ll keep you posted on how this whole phone thing works out. We did get another used one (Android) online and it was messed up to the point my son couldn’t use it. I’m hoping this will go better. I don’t think they intend for the refurbished phones to just not work so I’m treating it as a fluke.
CBS, such greed and avarice in the Sackler family and just the whole industry. I am jealous of your open windows and free cooling. It is still swampy and in the mid 90s at least every day. With literally no end in sight. No fall weather anywhere on the horizon. I hope that changes soon.
Old 09-27-2023, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grateful
- my daughter woke up on time today and so far the morning is less panicked than yesterday.
- my neighbor whose wife died suddenly felt comfortable enough to ask me for some help.
- that I can find some bandwidth to be available to help people and not just because I am numb to human emotion. In my most stressful job days, living with a verbally abusive, alcoholic spouse I had to just deaden a lot of myself. Whether drinking or not. I don’t feel so much like that anymore. Sometimes I do but not nearly as often.
- to be finding my interest in cooking again. Fearless, I saw you said same. I think it helps when our kids are more willing/interested in trying new things. Sounds like we are having similar experiences there.
- for a delicious Shirley Temple at a friend’s retirement party yesterday
- to have a good, if brief, chat with my old boss and good friend, including about why I totally gave up drinking. He struggles with it too, and who knows if that will ever change but i was glad to be able to share how I got to the point of realizing I was never really going to moderate.
- for coffee
- for all of you.
Old 09-27-2023, 04:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Hev, the day was cool but beautiful up here.
Jack, hope you have a great day. Chipmunks are pretty darn cute. We have a few that come out and about.
NL, Hope your week is going well with your son and good luck with the phone
Grateful I had some energy to sit outside yesterday
Grateful the nausea is not as bad as it has been
Grateful I spent about an hour sewing and cutting some fabric
Grateful for Riley..I let him outside this morning to take care of business so I closed the screen door and left him by himself. I went to get something out of the fridge and he was sitting waiting to come back inside. I said " I don't believe you, you still need to go potty" and sure enough he wagged his tail turned around and went out to the grass and went. lol
Old 09-27-2023, 07:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you very much Jack. It's been hard lately. Grateful I have plans today. It will be good for me to get out. These plans I have to keep . I can't procrastinate any longer.
Grateful I am going to get up early and do the things I've been putting off.
I am going to my group today. I got a call from the moderator and I missed 2 groups so I'm going to go back today. I feel a little nervous. But lately I feel nervous about a lot of things.
Hev, I'm having to pick my mom's books out now because she used to order them by computer and because she can't use that thing my sister got her, I have to pick out the books. I have no idea of what she's read and what she hasn't, like you were mentioning previously. I'm going crazy. All I can do is all I can do.
It's still pretty early and nothing opens until 10. Grateful I feel a little better today, but still feeling vulnerable with a lot of anxiety.
Alpine, sounds like Riley doesn't want to let you out of his sight. A nurse dog. How cute. Sending prayers for you.
Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to all. I could use a good thought or two about getting this stuff done. I'm having a real problem with it for whatever reason.
So Grateful for the Grat Pack.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - Good of you to be there for your neighbor - and to share your wisdom with your friend about drinking. I'm sure you planted some seeds.
Alpine - I'm happy you are doing better today.
Aly - Good idea to tackle that stuff & get it off your mind. I'm with you on often feeling anxious & vulnerable - and I don't know where it comes from. Nothing is really wrong - there's just this sense of unease.
Jack - Grateful you're back to playing your recorder. It's good for you.
Grateful for sun today after days of gloom.
Grateful when I'm feeling 'off' I can come to SR & feel comforted.
Grateful to keep trying to 'Accept the things I cannot change'. We know we must, but it's taking me forever. Out of nowhere a memory from drinking days will hit me & I temporarily feel back to square one.
Grateful for our lovely group.
Old 09-27-2023, 04:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee!
Tardy to the party today. Grateful I am caught up with work
Hev, glad you and your sis talked, and that is rough that you didn’t grow up as friends. Glad you are ok now
(((Aly)))
Turps, so glad you worked out a plan with your therapist. I’m going to listen to that advice and do the same with Toastmasters. You saved me $150 😊 Enjoy the paddle
Hack, I’ve got to watch that show as well
Numblady, yikes about the phone. I’m keeping this in mind. Yes, same experience with the cooking. Nothing fancy but I’m making a chicken and peppers/onions quesadilla tonight. Marinading the chicken in a rich taco seasoning before sautéing it. Tomorrow night, it’s an omelet with peppers mushrooms and cheese. He thinks he’ll like peppers do that’s why. I want to try roasted potatoes with shaved Brussels sprouts. We are really working on veggies 😊
Grateful to talk to my boss today and feel support
Grateful for the sound of the wind through the open windows. Love this time of year
Grateful for a nap
You ❤️
Old 09-28-2023, 02:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I’m borrowing that, Fear, tardy to the pardy 🤓. Love all the nature sounds too
NL, I totally understand. In my closed offedness, I was construed as arrogant and aloof. I was anything but those things, I was trying to keep my head above water, and keep focused on getting through the day. Working on being more present with others. This thread has helped me with that too.
Aly, depression and anxiety are tough! I’m up at 0200 because of anxiety. 😱. Keep plugging away at those baby steps getting out, and try to recognize and halt the negative thoughts that keep you from your intentions…..that helps me, anyway.
Hev, that happens to me too! I do get really upset at my past when an ugly memory comes up from the “old days”, also trying to consciously live in the moment.
Alpine, my dog was trained to poop on command. It was great! I caught those poop games often and didn’t want to have an accident in my house. It worked!
Jack, cool you play a recorder! In the states it’s something we have to take in 5th grade, we torture our parents, and most Americans never pick it up again.
Hello Turs And CK.

Dee, thanks for the new thread ♥️
Old 09-28-2023, 02:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Aly, you have so much on your plate right now and I know I would be going crazy as well..trying to do my best and it doesn't feel like it or to just keep getting beaten down..Just know you are an amazing person with so much compassion for others and it shows. Big hug
Grateful we got a bunch of firewood delivered and we..well Mr A started to stack it in preparation for winter. I helped off and on by making a pile of the smaller broken pieces for kindling.
Grateful I did not need the injections yesterday, I head back on Friday
Grateful we ate both lunch and dinner outside even though it was chilly
Grateful I am feeling better, still not great and still tried but at least I am upright.
Old 09-28-2023, 02:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Free
Old 09-28-2023, 02:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grateful

i woke up and two am because of anxiety, and now we are headed to our long weekend VERY early.
hubby found his extra gloves for me to wear, so I wouldn’t have to wear socks on my hands…..(WHERE IS all my stuff?) 😫
hubby agreed for me to pack some food, so we can save money on not eating out so much
My Sonicare toothbrush
for gathering seeds like a madwoman, and getting some of them planted.

for the excavator to fill in our fire pit area with weed control fire resistant fabric and rock yesterday

Old 09-28-2023, 03:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
“Gratitude is the key. Not to deny struggles or the reality of life but to control your perspective, attitude, and mindset. Start telling yourself what you’re grateful for, and that abundance will amplify.” – J. Mike Fields
Grateful for this quote….I gotta come to this part of the forum a lot more often….Thanks everyone for being here!
Old 09-28-2023, 04:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Free, good luck with the cold weather.
Alpine, wait what?! You have to head back to hospital on Friday or somewhere else for injections? Either way I am not a fan and am very sorry.
Aly, definitely sending you good thoughts to get through this difficult time. I am glad you are getting out to your group. I think getting some physical distance may be good.
Hi every one else.

Grateful
- to try out a parenting support group yesterday, focused on breaking cycles. It is led by a woman who herself had to learn to handle a very difficult child. And it’s free! it felt a little awkward but overall felt just glad she made the space for people, glad to not be alone, and honestly even grateful I don’t have it worse. The only other mom on the call had had to flee a violent ex and go to a DV shelter, had her kid get in so much trouble at school she basically had to start home schooling her, and gets no break/support at all from her ex.
- that I had a light work day yesterday and could do things like the support group, help my neighbor, and sneak in a nap. Oh yeah and also went to the grocery store—twice! I mean that was after work but still.
- that something positive happened in the field I work in yesterday. Basically righting an unjust policy that had been in place for a long time.
- (scared to say this one) that things are going relatively ok with kids and that I got through administering some consequences to my son without too many outbursts on his part
- for coffee
- for my freezer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, HVAC system, water heater and all other appliances that make my life easier and that I am praying to the appliance gods will keep working for a long time
- for all of you.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

NL, head back for blood test and most likely injection. I get 1.5 more weeks off before hospital time.
sorry for the confusion
Old 09-28-2023, 07:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Alpine
Purps, that is a great quote! Good to see you
Free, I’m sorry you woke up in the middle of the night with anxiety. I hope today is better
Numblady, I’m so so glad you found that support group and I hope it’s something you can continue. It really does help to hear others stories and feel less alone
Grateful to have slept in
Grateful for a walk with my friend last night
Grateful sonny boy gobbled up the quesadilla with peppers and chicken
Grateful to be reading Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself. Yourself meaning all the conditioning via upbringing, society, culture, etc, and finding our true beliefs, reality and self. The book is about neuroplasticity, changing life and brain habits including reframing negative thoughts to positive. I just started it and so far I love it
Grateful for my beautiful loving cogs
Grateful I got asked to speak at a wellness ERG. Not sure I will yet, but nice to be asked
Old 09-28-2023, 08:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - All the food you mentioned sounds delicious. I think I'l look for that book, given my current state of mind - could be very helpful.
Free - Arrogant & aloof - back in my day I was 'stuck up' & 'conceited'. So sad I came off that way. As you said, I was anything but. Pictures are great! Hope all the seeds take - what a lot of work
Alpine - I'm happy you didn't need the shots on Wed., and very glad you're feeling better. You never stopped trying to rise above the situation you found yourself in! I admire that so much.
Purps - Grateful to see you - very helpful quote.
NL - Your appliances - long may they run. We have a few teetering on the brink, including fridge, which is a terrifying thought. $$$$$$ It's great things are going ok with the kids. So nice when there's no drama.
Grateful for another sunny autumn day - still no colors though.
Grateful to be facing up to my dental appointment today without putting MrHev through days of whining in anticipation.
Grateful for the things we share here.

Old 09-28-2023, 09:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am grateful for NL's very nice PM. Helped to lift my mood considerably! Thank you my dear lady! You are wonderful.
Grateful fo see everyone, even Purps! Great to see you!
I am so grateful for you all and for all the mentions. You all are so kind and that's why I keep coming back, that and staying sober. I am very grateful for not wanting or having urges to drink during this difficult time for me. I went to group yesterday and it's gotten bigger. There are two people in the group that drive me bonkers. I have got to make a concerted effort not to roll my eyes while they talk. Yuk. But there is some kind of magic in that room because even though the only girl in the group I like is moving to another group, there is something that happens to make me feel just a little better and I'll take that. I really like the second monitor a lot. Super nice, real person. He just seems so grounded or something,
I am so grateful for all of you, I want you all to know that.
Alpine, I'm so sorry you have to go back for more injections, My thoughts and prayers are with you and Gatorman. You two mean so much to me. I'm really hoping you feel better soon.
Thank you Fearless. You're always such a good friend to me.
For once, I'm behind Hevyn, my gal pal. Hope all is well with you.
Free, no wonder you have anxiety, that's a lot of stuff going on. Best of luck with it all!
Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to everyone.