Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 122

Old 03-12-2023, 05:25 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Not sure if this is age or what but i swear my font here got tinier overnight. Just me?

Grateful
- for a great meeting, chaired by my sponsor, with the topic of fear. In this there were several other women who shared about their kids and so much was similar to mine and my son. We are going to try and get together and just support one another And to hear some really wonderful shares. Left feeling so glad I went.
- for excellent customer service I ordered a care package for my mother in law who broke her ankle. Was so proud of myself. Until I realized yesterday (thank goodness) that in my tired stupor I put the shipping address as mine. I fully expected a no and to not even hear back from them until at least Monday when I contacted some general email box. But instead I heard back almost right away. And they fixed it!
- that my son gets to on a camp out with his friend’s family tonight
- that my daughter went to an impromptu sleepover last night with some friends she said she didn’t like the day before. Makes me relieved when they get along. And also it was nice to go to bed close to when I wanted to.
- for all of you.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:39 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:44 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hi all,coming in really quick because I need t get to more decluttering we're all talking about! I started my pantry yesterday (huge walk-in) and I regretted it until I was able to throw out a bunch of expired stuff and make a quick, small run to drop off some things at the thrift store. I was free and clear, because my husband was skiing - ha! As for Reddit, they have subreddits for everything from alcoholism, to menopause, to makeup, to true crime. I really do love it, and I learn a lot.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for progress around the house, large and small.
Grateful my SIL was understanding when I ended up bailing on plans.
Grateful that I'm starting to decorate my house a little more freely and fearlessly.
Grateful that when my older son compared some of my votive holders to shot glasses, I was able to get in a little lecture about how he needs to be VERY careful about alcohol at college, etc. Not sure if he heard it, but I did try.
Grateful for the routine monotony of laundry (sometimes).
Grateful to be sober.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:36 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Alpine, I love that meme. So true for me too about any sort of compliment. Merry Christmas. Lol
Jack, while I was out yesterday, it started to pour on me. I discovered running in the rain isn’t so bad and even a little exhilarating
Numblady, glad you are connecting with people from that group in more ways than one. And whew, what a relief the shipping deal got fixed
Palmer, glad you used the votive/shot glass as an opportunity to talk about college drinking. So scary and I hope they listen to us
Grateful to get some cleaning done today
Grateful for deep breathing to settle my anxiety
Grateful for my cogs who are like therapists
Grateful to go running again, even if it rains. Running also helps with my anxiety
Grateful for a quiet day
Grateful for you
Old 03-12-2023, 10:02 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - We have the feeders in the middle of the yard - but there are some bushes & trees nearby. In other news, my area may get 18" of snow.
Palmer - I was appalled recently when I found some spices dating back to 2015. Thought for sure I had purged recently. Decorating - I tend to revert back to the old way of furniture 'sets' & matching everything, & it's boring. I want to throw everything out & start over.
Grateful MrH will have a chance to use the huge, overpriced snow blower.
Grateful the truth always comes out.
Grateful I decided to weigh myself every week. It's the only way I can see what's working.
Grateful for this sober Sunday.

Old 03-12-2023, 10:14 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Grateful to read your updates.
Grateful for a decent night's sleep ... my cold may be starting to turn the corner.
Grateful for a mostly quiet day, just a couple of zoom things.
Grateful an old friend reached out yesterday.
Grateful for my paints and paper.
Grateful for the SR GP.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:37 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Just catching up…..

Grateful for sleep despite the storm
Grateful antibiotic is helping tooth abscess
Grateful for coffee soon
grateful for all of you

merry Christmas is better than , “no, it’s just a dress I got at the thrift store” 😅😂🤣

Much love to all
Old 03-12-2023, 10:41 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

south coast near Wellington.

Hiked 9 miles to get to this lookout, then got down and touched the ocean……wonderful
Old 03-12-2023, 10:56 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Good Morning 🌞

Alpine - too funny about the bird feeder being broken joke 🤣. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

Jack - I might have to watch that movie some time. Glad you're able to make time for studying.

CK - hope you had a wonderful weekend.

CBS - I'm glad you were still able to get away, and what a nice gift to see dolphins!

NL - that's pretty special that the owners parents grow the coffee! You have the most interesting dreams! Sounds like a really great meeting you had!

Zen - so glad your tool box is full, and your heart 😊.

Fearless - healthy breakfast and running, very impressive!

Turs - hehe about slowing down. The world has us trained to keep so constantly busy and stimulated we don't realise how counter intuitive it is for us. Glad you had a chance to slow down.

Hev - I too am grateful for the balance between positivity and challenges in people's shares here.

PS - stealth decluttering 🤣 It a bit like reverse cat burglary 🤣 I have images of things being taken away in the dead of night by people wearing all black and balaclavas, cue the spy soundtrack 😝 Thankfully you did not have to resort to that with hubby out 😂.

Free - bahaha that's something I'd say 🤣 so glad the antibiotics are helping. Not great timing for dental pain, not that there is ever a good time.

This morning I am grateful:
- to be on track with my planting schedule.
- for early mornings, coffee and quiet.
- that I talked to my daughter and she was thankful for me checking in on her. She said she likes it! It's always good to not feel like your harassing them when showing interest in their well-being. Such a sharp contrast to my son who glares daggers if I dare even say good morning 🤣.

Hope everyone is well and having a good day ❤️.
Old 03-12-2023, 05:12 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful--

-- for the slow get little done mode today.
-- to take the good with the bad (ying yang)
-- my GR & SR long time sober peers to learn from
-- motorsports zoom-zoom
-- springtime flowers.
Old 03-13-2023, 01:26 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Free, so happy you are enjoying your trip and thanks for sharing the picture. It made me smile and have a sigh of contentment.
Grateful we went to our favorite local hamburger place for lunch yesterday. Pretty soon I won't be able to be out and about
Grateful to be able to help Mr. A out in the garage with some things that would have been way to dangerous for him to do by himself
Grateful for the walk I took yesterday, and Hevyn...I saw some Robins!!
Grateful for Riley's goofy personality
Grateful for the small neighborhood we moved into, there are 2 different dogs that often wander into our yard which is fine. One is a young spaniel about 2 years old and the other is an old shelty that looks like it is having a hard time getting around.
Grateful for all of you
Old 03-13-2023, 02:23 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Morning all

a fly-by grat drop for me this morning

Grateful it's not so cold today
Grateful for some blue sky out of the window as I type
Grateful for a roof over my head and food in the fridge
Grateful my snoring neighbour was pretty quiet last night so I didn't need the earplugs!
Grateful for breath
Grateful to be sober and 43 days without cigarettes - I am QUIT!

Love to all. Have a good day / eve
Old 03-13-2023, 03:48 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-13-2023, 04:48 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Zura, that is so tough with your son. At least, it is for me because mine is the same way. Seems like literally everything I do is wrong and 87% of what he says to me is extremely negative. It’s tough. I hope there are some breaks in the dagger stares for you
PS, way to go on decluttering!
Hev, I totally keep spices around way too long. I just use them seldom enough that it feels wrong to just replace them. But I’m sure I’m sacrificing something in terms of taste and possibly food safety. Living on the edge!

Grateful
- to do another meeting last night and feel some good connection
- to get a high sleep score even if I do feel pretty beat from the time change
- for the high of closing all my fitness circles on the app
- that I stuck up for myself with my son yesterday and I think some of it might have sunk in
- that the weather is cooler this week. Friday the high was 89
- for this group.
Old 03-13-2023, 06:48 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Jack--Well done with kicking the cig habit.
FBL--adventure time
Numb--Do be assertive when boundaries are crossed or expressing an opinion and asking for what you need.
Alpine--rather than worries about what you can not control, focus on what you can create.
CBS--beach and sea life looks like much fun to me.
Fear--running great healthy habit when weather gives you a break it has been rather nautical around here where I live.
Turs--grounded and peaceful that's how we roll!
Free--cool picture. Living or visiting a large body is what I like where I'm at.

Grateful--
--energy to clean and organize a tad
​​​​​​​--motorsport weekend and moving up the standings NASCAR Fantasy League
--mild weather today, rain tomorrow. All good by me.
--a place to call home
​​​​​​​-funky home decor

Old 03-13-2023, 06:58 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Numblady, a high of 89?! Wow! Btw, I had the same experience with the font size a while back. Once I got a higher powered pair of cheaters, the problem with fixed. 😂
Zura and Numblady, me too about my sonny boy. What is it with mornings and teen boy grouchiness. Zura, glad you have a contrast with your daughter
Free, beautiful pic. Actually reminds me of parts of the ca coast. Maybe I don’t need to go to New Zealand after all 😂
Hev, stay safe in all the snow
Grateful for spreadsheets. Almost all parts of my life can be managed in them
Grateful to change expectations about sleep. I’ll keep trying my best and searching, but starting to realize this is just part of my aging body and it’s not always going to be perfect, often far from it. Grateful for a relatively low stress flexible schedule and to build in meditation and nap breaks during the day
Grateful for a hair appt today
Grateful to get my drivers license se renewed today
Grateful to visit a really cool garden place yesterday and plan plantings for the vegetable and herb garden
Grateful for all of you ❤️
Old 03-13-2023, 08:48 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tursiops - I' m glad you're feeling better.
Free - Stunning pic of Wellington ! Well done. Yay for antibiotics doing their thing.
Zura - My son is the same - rather defensive unless I carefully choose my words. It gets old.
Alpine - A Robin sighting - how great. I'll be on the lookout.
Numb - I had some black pepper forever. When I tasted it, it had all the flavor of sawdust. So silly of me - it's cheap enough to buy.
Grateful for the beauty of snow - but we don't really need 18" of it, which is still predicted. If Hev disappears at some point it'll be because we lost power - but I shall return.
Grateful I recorded the Oscars - I'll just zip through the dull parts.
Grateful every day for this comforting place to come to.

Old 03-13-2023, 10:45 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Quick check in. Caught up on reading but no time for individual shout outs.

Grateful to be home safely.
Grateful that my granddaughter enjoyed the beach and was not too disappointed that we could not camp due to high wind and cold.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for sunshine today after all the rain over the weekend.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 03-13-2023, 10:45 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Fearless, yeah, I've been trying to make a similar peace with the "new normal" for sleep. I realized waking up in the middle of the night and having anxiety about being awake was just making it worse. So now when I wake up, I try to think of it as extra time to daydream, read a bit, listen to meditation app, etc. Staying calm about it helps a lot. Of course, I don't usually have an alarm set and don't have to show up at a job ... so it's much easier to stay calm knowing I might be able to sleep in a bit.
Hev, hope the snow doesn't keep you away for too long!
Zen, glad you were able to clean and organize a bit! My favorite activity.
NL, I hear ya on the time change. And glad you stuck up for yourself.
Jack, so glad you have quit the cigarettes!
Alpine, happy you got out for a favorite meal.
Jack, thanks for the fly-by grat drop!
Zura, glad the planting is going well.
FBL, grateful for your steady presence here.
Free, Wellington looks beautiful! Glad you enjoyed the hike.
Grateful this morning that my cold, while still nasty, is getting a little bit better.
Grateful that my inner control-freak has calmed down a bit about my volunteer role ... I'm sure that gremlin will be back, but I'll take whatever breaks I get.
Grateful for a predicted two-day sunny break in the ongoing storms later this week ... may try to get away in the camper.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:20 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Grouchy sons are okay, I wish mine was grouchy, and not totally disowned me.

Grateful slept despite rough seas
-coffee
-I can eat other things besides eggs, the ship has no eggs.
—grateful I got up at dark thirty to do laundry