Morning Gratitude Part 122

Old 03-29-2023, 03:58 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful I slept fairly well
Grateful I have another day of radiation done
Grateful for my grilled steak, salad and potatoes for dinner last night
Grateful I got a little more sewing in
Grateful to several robins yesterday and when I was outside I saw and heard my woodpecker friend doing his thing on the tree.
Old 03-29-2023, 03:59 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 03-29-2023, 04:31 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

So much yummy food talk. Bread, so glorious. And Caramel what a lovely picnic that sounds to be. Pizza chicken. And more!
Free, congrats on 19 months!! I like Alpine do not pre bake tortilla. Honestly mine probably end up a little soggy no matter what because i just make them to put in a pre warmed thermos for my son. He eats just about whatever i put in the lunchbox. Which is fantastic for using up food.
Alpine, hope you are still resting and glad you have another day of radiation done.
CBS, glad to see you back!
Matt also great to see you. And glad for your supports.
Turs, whenever I would talk to people about if I didn’t have to work they would talk about how they would get bored. And I always thought it would easily take me a year or two before i even remotely felt bored. I am so tired. And so behind on things i want to do and learn for my house and just my own development. And sleep. I could really get into not having to set an alarm all the time. So what you say about making up for last time definitely resonates.
More to say but that will have to do for now!

Grateful
- for indoor plumbing, a/c, refrigeration, and non-wooden spoons that get washed in the dishwasher
- for my son being a garbage disposal when it comes to lunches I make for him. If i have little remnants of stuff in the pantry I can often just throw that in and it disappears!
- that I could show up for my daughter when her friends were real jerks to her (In front of me no less). I wanted so badly to lash out at them but pretty sure that wouldn’t help the cause.
- that I got an out of town presentation over with. The audience was extremely difficult to read and had almost no questions. I have been in and out of self doubt around it.
- for a good podcast on the way home. Just mainly about how this journey we are on is just that—it’s continually evolving. And even if you have grown a great deal there are days when the tools of recovery and life work really well. And days when everything just feels maddening no matter what. It’s about not beating ourselves up and steeping in in shame. The suffering is in shame and guilt over where we think we should be, not the thing or feeling itself.
- that today is the last day this week I have to make lunches.
- for all of you beautiful souls.
Old 03-29-2023, 04:48 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:11 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Numblady, wish my sonny boy was more of a garbage disposal. It’s more the cat in this family. Lol. He keeps the floor clean of crumbs. Too quiet audiences drive me nuts. You have no idea what they are thinking. Love sobriety podcasts and agree with what you said there
Hev yes to ridding ourselves of negative thoughts
Turps, so nice your employer welcomed you back for very part time hours. That must feel great! I’m not sure I will ever retire. I like my job most of the time even though it is sometimes stressful. But I know I’m decent at what I do and have value. Not that I couldn’t find something to do of value without traditional work. But I always worry about running out of money. There’s no objective reason for this fear. I know it comes from watching my parents lose so much from poor decisions, and Mr F growing up very poor. Mr f and I are much better planners, savers, and conservative spenders. But seeing the market rollercoaster and costs going up all the way around is scary. W just found out our home owners is going up 20+ percent this year after it already went up 20% last year. We are in a high fire risk zip code. We’ve talked about moving out of state but won’t do anything until sonny boy is out of HS. It would not be good for his well-being to leave now. Well, this is a long digression to the mention of working a few hours. Lol.
I remember those ice creams. Also remembering the Icecream truck man coming down the street. Feeling nostalgic now!
Fee, 19! Awesome!
Alpine, lol on the peep show. So funny!
Grateful house is still standing after all the storms. It is unbelievable the damage everywhere. Grateful we got the roof repaired months ago before all of this. The trees down the street are leaning heavily and ready to snap. Being very careful
Grateful even though hoi rates are going up, I sort of figured they would and have been budgeting for the increase
Grateful to keep things in perspective and really see how things are so good in my life today and not get drawn into the news negativity around issues that don’t have a direct personal impact to my life.
Grateful to have slept really well last night
Grateful for time to work on special projects today
Grateful to remember to keep things simple, manage what I can control (focus on responsible action) and let go of the rest go.
Grateful for our family in the computer

Old 03-29-2023, 09:26 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - I hope the dizziness has stayed away. Must be so frustrating. I'm looking forward to leaves on trees too - we're still brown & leaf-less here. There's less noise when leaves are back - we have railroad tracks not far away & it's amazing how the sound is muffled during the summer.
Alpine - Grateful for your wonderful attitude. Those rascally Peeps . I just got some for MrH yesterday. They hurt my teeth.
NL - I've been retired quite a while & haven't been bored ever. The joy of not having to do anything specific in a day has never left me. Wooden stuff that can't go in dishwasher - I made the mistake of buying a set of lovely pots with wooden handles, & utensils with wooden handles. Should have realized they'd have to be washed by hand. Not good.
Grateful for more sun & mildness, even if it ends in a bit of snow later.
Grateful I am contemplating doing our taxes.
Grateful I am also intending to eat healthy today.
Grateful for this supportive & non-judgy place.

Old 03-29-2023, 09:42 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful--

-- slow days.
-- slow start for the day.
-- will get the show on the road soon.
-- no hurry
Old 03-29-2023, 10:06 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Alpine I am glad you got good sleep and are able to move about. But do keep resting.
NL I stopped making lunches for my kids once they hit middle school. Is that an option? Have them make their own?
Fearless glad your still okay through the storms.
Hev I am thinking of retiring in a few years. Mostly waiting because I like my job and my husband and I are on my healthcare since he is self employed.
Hello to all my friends in the computer!

Grateful for my egg sandwich for lunch.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for generally good health.
Grateful that even though my dizziness is back today the windows seem to be more frequent. So hopefully, my vestibular system is slowly healing.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Beaver and then a tree frog that hitched on our canoe.

Old 03-29-2023, 11:11 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

CBS, love the wildlife pics!
Zen, I am also enjoying a sublimely lazy morning, after having worked hard yesterday.
Hev, hope the tax prep is not too painful.
NL, I feel ya on the presentation ... I am always filled with questions and doubt after I've spoken in public. Tiring!
Alpine, grateful you are through another day of treatment, and that you saw robins and a woodpecker!
Grateful for a good night's sleep which I really needed.
Grateful to be able to help a friend tomorrow ... we have become good friends this past year, but only on zoom. (We met in a grief group, and continued meeting 1:1 as friends). She's disabled and stays home so we've never met in person. She needs a little help while her husband is away, so this will give me the chance to hang out in person.
Grateful for the rain, even though there has been an over-abundance of it, and even though it wreaks havoc on the trees & power lines.
Old 03-30-2023, 02:22 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Grateful for 6 hours of sleep….and coffee of course

Old 03-30-2023, 04:02 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful that when I met with the radiology Dr. she had mentioned I have done 10 treatments so far. Wow, It does not seem like that much. 15 more to go. Woot woot
CB love the pictures, thanks for sharing
Grateful I slept well
Grateful for Mr A and his support
Grateful to see some birds at my bird feeder
Old 03-30-2023, 04:15 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 03-30-2023, 04:29 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Alpine, glad you are nearing the halfway mark of radiation (and also sorry because I know it is not an easy milestone)
CBS, yes, it’s an option to have the kids do their own lunches. One that I’ve tried with very little success. And have at least for now given up on. I am glad you are getting more breaks in the dizziness. Hope that continues!
Thanks for the support for my presentation to the quiet audience. I generally like public speaking but this one felt pretty exhausting.

Grateful
- for stand up comedy
- to have gotten a lot of work done yesterday
- for how much better things feel when I am able to take some time to clean up the house
- for progress not perfection…and also trying to accept that some days there isn’t much progress
- for salted caramel chocolates
- for time with some windows and one door open yesterday (most of my windows have lost their screens so this is only possible in one part of the house
- for hot coffee
- that my dog is patient sometimes. Just realized I forgot to let her out. Gotta go!
Old 03-30-2023, 04:38 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for new opportunities.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-30-2023, 04:58 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Darn you NL..salated caramel chocolate. That sounds amazing.
Old 03-30-2023, 04:58 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 03-30-2023, 06:17 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Alpine, your strength is amazing, and I have much to learn from you. Your funnies CRACK ME UP 😂🤣😂😅
CBS, love your wildlife pics
Fearless, CBS, Turs……work…..

I don’t have to work, I do, I don’t, I do. So much stress lately here, but I’m ok, we are okay in sobriety. Now might have a travel contract, and a local (one hour away) PRN (as needed job). I have to choose one or the other.

Those Saunders dark chocolate salted caramels are nothing less THAN EVIL 👿. Yummy. So is the giant bag of cheese and caramel corn at Costco.
BREAD. soooooo yummy. Never gluten free here, but taking bread in sparse to moderation. One day, a few years ago, I ate a WHOLE french loaf baguette. By myself. 🤢

Another 10” to two feet coming our way Friday. 😵‍💫😬😳 ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️

Hev, it’s a good way to,think about it. Just for today. Just for this meal……..Trick that subconscious habit. Tonight, Cuban beans and rice for dinner.
Apples 🍎🍏🍎🍏have been good to me lately, low cal, very filling. MUST be crispy, sour and sweet though. Biting into an old apple is like tasting that wooden spoon to eat ice cream.

Hi Zen, good to see you. Thanks for commenting on my “doors” album on my profile. I can’t seem to get some of them vertical, but they are vertical in my album.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:21 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Old 03-30-2023, 06:24 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Old 03-30-2023, 06:24 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Some of my Dutch oven bread, and some local snow