Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 114

Old 03-17-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Grateful for Riley and Mr. Alpine
Grateful we are one day closer to being back together. It has been way too long
Grateful the sun is out and will be in the 60s. However, poor Mr. Alpine has to deal with a snow storm with up to 10 inches expected and he does not have his little snow shoveler out there (me). I would always shovel our area, the neighbors on the both sides of us and across the street.
Grateful for another sober day and night
Old 03-17-2022, 04:47 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

NL, I am so very sorry to hear about your grandpa and poor little cat! That is just so awful. I know you're with family, are you close to where your grandfather was living - at least I feel like you and your sister are together. It's so soon after your grandmother. Thinking of you, my dear friend.
Old 03-17-2022, 05:01 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Alpine, snow shoveling too? You honestly amaze me with your productivity!
Fearless, I can totally sympathize with you on the feelings RE: your promotion. I wonder where this constant desire to prove ourselves comes from? It sounds like your new role was meant to more closely align the work that you were already doing with your position level, but maybe it's being "leveled up" to a new group of people that triggers the need to overcompensate? Ugh. Thank God retirement is coming...eventually. I had lunch with a friend the other day, who is feeling stuck and bored in her current job. I sympathized but I also told her that stress is worse than boredom sometimes.
Least, thinking of your treatment and hoping it's going well.
Free, that sounds like an approach to college that worked for your kids - definitely no one-size-fits-all. I also worry about alcohol (and other drugs) on campus, and I'm thinking a lot about how to broach this subject with my son, since we've never actually discussed my alcoholism, or the struggles of other family members.
Mags and Hev, you guys crack me up with all those "heavy" things that obviously DO throw our weight way out of whack!
Aly, hugs to you. Caregiving can be so exhausting and draining.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for another light meeting day today.
Grateful my husband and I are watching Lost, it's pretty good.
Grateful to be eating a bit better.
Grateful for some easy work to focus on.
Grateful I got a lot done during my telework day yesterday, both work and personal stuff.
Grateful for my comfortable bed with clean sheets.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind words about my grandpa and my cat. My gradnpa’s 95th birthday was on Friday. He had been wanting to go ever since my grandma had. He said he never thought she would go first and he just didn’t want to be here anymore. I spent yesterday just goofing off with my family, including my sis who took the day off work. We went to the Crystal Bridges museum (google it if you get a chance—super cool).I feel like I’m having better luck processing the news about my grandpa than about the cat, maybe just because one was expected and the other wasn’t —and one mostly involves my pain and the other involves so much pain for my kid. Last night when he was scared he said he just wanted to go home to his dad and his cat. The latter of which is dead and the former of which I am leaving. It did not feel good and I hardly slept at all.

Grateful for a therapy session today, even if it has to be by Zoom.
Grateful for Free’s 200 days.
Grateful Aly shared her struggles with us. I can see how you would be feeling down with so much pressure on you with your mom. Hope you can find some relief here and there. Big hugs.
Grateful today my daughter and I get to try out my parents’ Air BnB.
Grateful for this group of kind souls.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hev, yes - the mascara too. Glad I don’t wear false eyelashes. Lol
Alpine, it must be rough being separated so long from Mr A. Glad you are in regular contact and you have your Riley
Palmer, you hit the nail on the head. I’m doing mostly the same stuff. But before the promotion,I didn’t have to deal as much with the internal work politics as I do now. I can’t be,I’ve how much time is wasted on this stuff. People just spinning their wheels. Remembering to not sweat the small stuff and avoid the drama. Lately I’m also feeling like the team therapist. My coworkers are coming to me complaining about our boss and my boss is coming to me complaining about them. I have to be careful what I say so I don’t say much at all and just try to listen well.
Least, continued healing vibes and hope to see you soon
Numblady, some of the pet (cat) losses I have experienced have been harder for me than some human deaths. Maybe part of it is related to expecting it or not. I’m not sure. But I also think our pet loves are so innocent, and give us unconditional love, plus we can’t talk to them to settle their fears, say last words, etc. I think all of that is part of it too. So sad for your losses. Hoping you are giving yourself lots of time to grieve
Thinking of all those grieving losses or caring for family members. Big hugs!
Grateful for a therapy session today
Grateful it’s St Patrick’s day and I have a cute green tshirt and my new gratitude hat that is green. I’ll try to remember to share a pic of the hat
Grateful Mr F is making a traditional corned beef with potatoes and carrots for dinner
Grateful we’ll likely sit outside under the gazebo for dinner
Grateful to have time to plant some new flowers
Grateful for this computer family of ours. Much love ❤️
Old 03-17-2022, 08:23 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thank you so much NL and PS for your support. It gets tough sometimes. Grateful mom is feeling better. I have to find some ways to make me feel better too!
Love and peace to anyone suffering in any way.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:27 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Grateful to be heading out on a hike with old friends today.
Grateful to read all your updates.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Alpine and Hev I hope you can enjoy some sun. Really missing my Vit. D here. Not much sun lately.
PS I am glad you are eating better. "You are what you eat" ;0). I am trying to make a conscious effort to eat better. More vegan, less meat and processed foods. I really have a GF Oreo problem. I cannot have those in the house. Funny there is a lot of liquor in the liquor cabinet but I haven't touched it or really been tempted.
NL I am glad you are seeing a therapist. I need to find a new one. They are all so busy. I tried the free option from work but the therapist they gave me was not good.
Fearless sorry you are having to be the team therapist at work. I am grateful that I don't manage anyone and I get along great with my boss, so not much drama.
Free Congrats on 200 days!

Grateful for 15 months sobriety today.
Grateful I got everything to the accountant for our taxes, my daughter's taxes and my mother's taxes. And my husbands business taxes are finished.
Grateful the rain has stopped for now. Maybe the sun will come out later?
Grateful my granddaughter is excited about our camping trip this weekend.
Grateful for the GP and SR.
Grateful for this Snowy Egret that visited outside my mother's window at her nursing home on my visit earlier this month.

Old 03-17-2022, 10:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mags - Yes - hair - and I use a lot of hairspray too.
PalmerSage - We binged Lost a few years ago. Mostly loved it, but t he end was confusing to me.
CBS - Wow, the Egret is gorgeous. Life goes on in the bird world - they just keep on going regardless of the mess we humans make.
Numblady - That's quite a lovely place - I saw some Chihuly. I was curious about 'We The People' - clever to use shoelaces.
Hope the therapy session helps - so much going on - I'm sorry.

Grateful for SR & this thread.
Grateful you feel comfortable sharing.
Grateful the melatonin stuff I tried for sleep seems to help a little.

Old 03-17-2022, 03:46 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Grateful to catch up for a few moments
Grateful I’m retired
Grateful we got 4 inches of snow yesterday and today
Grateful my daughter had a good experience skiing today
Grateful her downer friend stayed in the condo
Grateful to meet friends in a few moments to have cocktails. I’m having a pelligino .

Yes, caring for ourselves is paramount. Rest, exercise (motion is lotion), and that much needed alone time.

Extremely grateful for my sobriety and for the GP.🤓❤️
Old 03-17-2022, 10:22 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Magsie

Numblady, hoping your son comes to terms with the loss of his beloved cat.
Hev, yes hairspray is sooo heavy.
Aly, sending hugs, remember to make time for just you love.
Grateful for a sober wake up.
Grateful for all your Grats.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:47 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:28 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Grateful for another day in God’s good grace.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:43 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for another day
Grateful for the sun yesterday
Grateful to have spoken with Mr. Alpine last night
Grateful for all of you
Old 03-18-2022, 04:53 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

NL, I can completely understand your thoughts about your cat vs. your grandpa - I do remember you saying he was so lost without your grandma, it sounds like they had a very long life together and a wonderful family. The cat, as you said, is another story, almost a therapy animal to your son and it's just so shocking to have it come out of nowhere. I've never been much of a cat person, but my brother recently adopted two little kittens and I'm obsessed with them. As Fearless said, animals give us so much innocent and unconditional love. Thinking of you.
Fearless, I always think of the term "bureaucratic politics" that I heard in grad school, even though you work in the private sector - so utterly draining to work in a team where people don't trust each other. I will say that now that I'm almost 2 years in to a similar situation, it has vastly improved. Now that I said that, there will probably be an issue today.
Free, I'm glad your daughter had a good day of skiing, even though her friend was kinda lame.
Hev, so happy melatonin is working a little bit. And I've heard the ending of Lost is pretty bad! I like it so far, but I don't love it - my husband seems to love it. The more interesting watch is "We Have to Talk About Cosby," just 4 episodes but pretty riveting. We were HUGE fans of the Cosby Show in our house, and even saw him live when I was a teenager. Just crazy what he was doing behind the scenes.
Mags, thanks for the reminder of waking up sober! I always feel grateful at night but I forget how awful I used to feel in the mornings.
CBS, that's such a cool picture! I do need to figure out how to post them.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful it's Friday.
Grateful for telework.
Grateful for another good day in the office yesterday.
Grateful I'll have some time to clean and organize today.
Grateful that I can kind of set aside a Kindle book I bought about the Vanderbilt family - it's so boring.
Grateful for morning quiet.
Grateful for my dogs, especially in light of what NL is going through.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good morning Grat Pack. Just checking in real quick. Headed out to the great outdoors, off the grid. See you Monday. I hope everyone has a safe and restful weekend.

Grateful for sun this morning. We may get rained on tomorrow.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for the GF brownies that I made last night. A little treat while we are roughing it in the woods.
Grateful to try out my new sleeping bag and pad.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hope you enjoyed the hike turps
CBS, beautiful pic of the egret. We have one in our area too. Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your time off the grid
Palmer, lol. Exactly. Btw, I will for sure check out the Cosby series.
Least, if you check in, I pm’d you ❤️
Grateful my meeting will be over by 2. Six hour meeting with one of my most fun, but also challenging, largest client. I won’t do any name dropping. But they are huge and everyone across the country knows them. Grateful to be assigned this account and be trusted to service well
Grateful Mr F got the lights and put them up around gazebo yesterday and I sat out there last night. My new zen space
Grateful friends we haven’t seen in months are coming to dinner tomorrow
Grateful for you all!
Old 03-18-2022, 06:59 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hev, sounds like you did a great job checking out Crystal Bridges. Better than I did myself! We saw a traveling exhibit that was super powerful called “The Dirty South” but then just flew through the rest of the museum looking for our family, who had already gotten tired and headed to the car. Grateful for how moving the exhibit we did see was.
CBS, grateful for your pictures, always. I hope you can find a good therapist. The sad reality is that the overwhelming trend is to move to private-pay which means it’s less and less accessible to most people.
Grateful for all the very kind words about the cat. Palmer, describing him as a therapy animal is spot-on.
Grateful for a good therapy session. To process some pain around my sister and some conversations we had. And to leave with the guidance to approach my son/kids without projecting my own fear of emotions. And to just show up for however he feels and then processes the pain. That description sounds less kind than the way it really came across. But it was what I really needed.
Grateful we’re headed home tonight. I also had a devastating conversation with my mom last night. I don’t know when I’ve felt so alone but I’m trying to just feel glad for the realization I need to keep working to create a life I love.
Grateful to have slept okay last night.
grateful I’ve completely disengaged from work the past several days.
Grateful to be able to come here.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:04 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thank you Mags! I need to find some things to do, in my little spare time, that make me feel good. I spend so much time running errands, doing housework, caring for mom, I sometimes get lost and depressed in the fray. My sisters don't help either. Grateful I am happy to help my mom out and that she hopefully appreciates what I do. It can be insidiously exhausting. I hope she lasts a long time and is happy. 💗
Grateful for my blessings and the caring people here on the Grat Pack.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:27 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful to read all your posts today - for your honesty & humor.
Grateful for a beautiful sunrise.
Grateful to remind myself to think twice before blurting out something stupid.
Grateful for bagels.
Grateful to commit to regular exercise - going up & down the stairs isn't enough.
Love to all.