Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 06-11-2021, 04:43 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

oops...I did bedtime in the morning!!! LOL
Old 06-11-2021, 06:09 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Ehhh I post in the morning on this thread pretty much every day Boondock, our gratitude is good any time of day!

Grateful it's Friday, I got a paycheck and can pay some bills.
Grateful that I got a bunch of work done on one of my guitars last night, it's going to be amazing!
Grateful I'll be helping out in the kitchen for a men's breakfast at my church tomorrow.
Grateful I got called to arrive early for a UFC event I'm working tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:38 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Boondock, you can post grats any time of day or night.

Tonight I'm grateful for a nice nap with Billie and a long walk.

So grateful that I adopted Billie five years ago and grateful that she's my dog.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:06 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

After my 31 shots in my head from my neurologist, I am really ready for a nap. What a nice, funny man and he's so handsome too. i wish I was in a little better mood. I've head a bad headache for a few days in a row and it's hard to be entertaining when you feel like that!
Grateful I have 3 doctors I see semi regularly whom I really like. Very grateful for their immense help.
Have a wonderful sober Friday evening! Love and peace to all the grat packers! 🧡💛💚💙💜
Old 06-11-2021, 06:39 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for the bard owl I saw in my back yard this evening. I'm also grateful for my new guitar.... it's a Gretsch Jim Dandy acoustic parlor guitar... it's got an awesome funky twang to it so I can sit back and chicken pick my heart out whenever I feel the need.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:24 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Wow Aly, 31 shots in your head . I sure the heck hope it helps.

I am grateful for a couple of days of reprieve as my renters keep delaying coming. Also grateful I got the benches and the back stairs stained. It looks okay although I mixed up a bunch of old stains and it doesn't seem to be drying quite right. Ugh.

Also glad I got some papers sorted, a load hauled off to the metal recyclers and some more things put away. Supposedly my renters come tomorrow night. I put a few larger things in my room so when I get up in the morning the remaining preparation won't look too overwhelming.

Life just keeps changing for me. It does keep things interesting and I do like that in a way.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:42 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) That's a lot of shots - and in your head, of all places!

Grateful for Billie's loving company. Grateful that my cats, Lily and Franny, both like Billie and will come in the den to visit us.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:03 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for all the good doctors out there and also grateful at this moment for Alys 3 doctors which she likes.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:06 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I'm also grateful for my new guitar.... it's a Gretsch Jim Dandy acoustic parlor guitar... it's got an awesome funky twang to it so I can sit back and chicken pick my heart out whenever I feel the need.
Sweet! Sounds very nice. I'm currently giving my Squier Tele a makeover. New nut, locking tuners, vintage string roller trees, vintage bridge pickup, and lining the cavities with copper conductive foil. Also gotta do some fret filing and my stepdaughter is helping apply paisley vinyl to the pickguard this weekend. Soooo today I'm gonna be grateful again for the hobby of music.

BKA, you sure stay active, I'll bet all your work looks wonderful!
Old 06-12-2021, 07:41 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

That sounds great Astro it will be even more fun once you plug it in. Soon I'm going to get a new electric not sure what yet but I want some sort of hollow body because I'm a finger picker and tend to play kind of heavy but for now very pleased with the Jim Dandy.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:31 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind words. I have a bruise on my forehead from one of the shots. I sure hope once this stuff gets in my system, I have to have the whole 31 shots every 3 months, it will at least help some, even if not 100%. I'm trying really hard to live a life with as few migraines as possible, so I'm trying some new things lately. Nerve oblation is probably next. Yipee! There goes my "gallows humor" again. sorry. 🧡🧡
Thank you Boondock. What a nice thing to say.
Love and peace to all my favorite people!
Old 06-12-2021, 06:58 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) Hope the shots - so many! - help you.

Today I'm grateful that I only had to go out once, for my daily constitutional. I did not take Billie, as it was too hot and would have stressed her.

Also grateful for my family. My girls are all doing well and have jobs they like and a loving partner. That's all I ever wanted for my kids, that they were happy. And for the most part, they are. I'm grateful for that.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:25 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for my health even after years of continued defilement.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:24 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am grateful, so very grateful that I don't drink anymore. Knowing that makes me happy and brings me peace.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:55 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Grateful to see all of you. I’m so tired at bedtime after all the trampoline jumping 😊. I usually log on and my eyes close before I can post
I’m hoping Daisy is well. Haven’t seen her in a while
Grateful for my little cat kneading on the blanket
Grateful for a run this morning. Grateful for the insights I get when running, and especially grateful I’m not just thinking about getting through the run because of a hangover.
Grateful to take sonny boy to buy shoes and I got myself a pair too. Vans are cool
Grateful to be going to see family tomorrow
Old 06-13-2021, 07:42 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that I'm feeling much better tonight than I was earlier today. Had chills and fever and aching. Took some ibuprofen and now the fever's gone and the aches are better. Grateful to feel better after feeling crummy all afternoon.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:44 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for air conditioning it has been hot...
I'm grateful for documentaries.
I'm grateful for Mylanta after the enormous amount of spicy chili I ate tonight lol...
I'm grateful to melatonin for straightening out my circadian rhythm.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:49 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

I'm grateful for a long nap today and for getting to see my nephews. I spent a bit of time with 18 year old and his tegu as well as the 14 year old who drink NA beer with me. Great kids.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for the pool to keep us cool through this heat wave.
Grateful for all the little fun projects I worked on yesterday, I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.
Grateful that this was such a perfect weekend, I am having some anxiety about my workload next weekend but know I'll get through it.
Grateful to work the UFC event, not a fan but it was fun and I had a great position.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:40 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Grateful to be back trying to post regularly. Boondock, so great to see you coming back here!
Grateful I had a phone conversation with one of my doctors except I think they messed up one of the tests they gave me because it showed something that could not have happened. I'll just take another one next month and if they don't mess it up, all should be well!
It was humid today for CA, like 64%.Helpful to the drought. Very odd weather lately. At least we are lucky to have cool mornings most of the time, but the afternoons, early evenings get hot. Grateful for ceiling fans and a/c!!
My twin nephews picked UC Santa Barbara to go to. There going to get some help with their tuition, which every little bit helps and they are really excited. I hope they can keep their 4.0 GPA (it'll be and adjustment) and still do well with the strongman track stuff they do, discus and that stuff. So, so very grateful for my niece and nephews. My very favorite people. 🧡💛💚💙💜
Least, prayers esp for you to have a nice dream tonight. Maybe try to program your mind to have a nice dream about something good. I know you've been struggling with bad dreams and I'm praying for them to go away, unless you need a warning or something. Love to my great friend and all the critters you have in your care.
Lovely to see Daisy this morning and prayers continue for you and Mandy.
Love to all of you and I can't wait to read your posts. Have a wonderful evening.