Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 06-04-2021, 02:59 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

BKA, thank you for the image of a big angel following me around. I used to jokingly call him my shadow because he followed me all over, until his legs started hurting too much. But, sometimes, as odd as it sounds, it really feels like I may have my angel following me. Thank you for making me smile. 💙💜
Grateful to find pleasure in small things that make me happy.
To remember Rusty: Grateful for my Gots and Grateful for Rule 62! Love those grats!
Grateful for the Grat Pack. Such great sayings, I don't want to lose them or Rusty's memory.
Grateful for you all and for the wonderful friends I have here.
Fearless, hoping all is well with work and Sonny and Mr. F. Prayers are with you. I just adore your drought resistant succulent garden! Lovely.
Least, thank you for feeding and caring so well for the strays. They were lucky to land in your neighborhood. So glad I have you for a friend and sending prayers your way too. We feed some strays too, sometimes racoons too, but I'm afraid our set up isn't as lovely and plush as yours. At least our weather is pretty temperate. We always leave fresh water out during the hot days. I love that least does this too, only better.
AT and BKA, hope the moves and all that goes with those are going well for you two! s
Astro, I hope you're not working too hard and your not too achy. Sounds like you have a fun trip coming up, hope the wife agrees. .

Love and peace to you all. Have a nice evening. Pleasant Dreams.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that when I die, I'll have a whole menagerie up in heaven waiting for me.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:07 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Hevyn is back with us! Welcome home Hev!
Old 06-04-2021, 08:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I'm grateful for clean carpets, a bit more of the deck stained and a decent interaction with the resident teenage boy.

Old 06-04-2021, 09:47 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Grateful to finally check in on bedtime grat thread. Glad you all enjoyed the garden pics 😊
Aly, so good to see you and hope you are feeling better
Grateful Mr F and I are more on the same page lately
Grateful to let go of expectations. Or change my expectations. Grateful I am not one of those moms who pushes her child too hard. It’s common in my county.
Grateful sonny boy is an independent thinker, secure and confident. Grateful he can calmly make his case
Grateful for friends who understand and don’t judge
Grateful Mr F bought me an early birthday gift. It’s a metal sculpture for the garden and I love it. It has solar lights too.
Grateful to be having friends over for dinner tomorrow night and plan to sit around the fire pit.
Grateful for each of you
Old 06-04-2021, 09:57 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for this daily reminder.

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom - Viktor E. Frankl

If you have no other religion, make it gratitude.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful to be having lunch with a large group of men from my church today before we leave for our camping trip.
Grateful to take an online guitar lesson last night and realize the improvement and progress I've made.
Grateful to be up early doing some light chores, I enjoy being on my feet.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:33 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the things I have to be grateful for. I am very fortunate and I need to be mindful of that.

Have a wonderful evening, everyone.
Astro, have fun camping!
Love and peace to all.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:50 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Billie's good appetite and happy demeanor. Grateful to be sober to take good care of her and my cats.

Old 06-05-2021, 06:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

I'm grateful for
- a good productive day
-finding a sock behind the washing machine (I'm short on socks)
-getting more of the deck stained
-a nice rain storm

Hope y'all are doing okay.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:58 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tonight I'm so grateful for a text from my daughter saying that she was doing alright (a few days ago, she wasn't) and that she and her hubby are going to work thru it. I am so relieved. I asked for prayers for her and many obliged and she saw the light of reason and is going to be fine. I will sleep much easier tonight.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:39 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
RAL

Grateful to be here
Grateful to have had a lucky escape by not making a split second awful decision which could have had awful consequences
Grateful for my husband and son
Grateful to be sober tonight
Grateful to have decided not to drink again
Old 06-06-2021, 07:12 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Kudos RAL. It is so so easy to pick up again.

Today I'm grateful for
-getting boxes and piles cleared out of my room so it is more liveable
-my sister helping me set up a google docs so we can cooperate on taking care of Dad's house
-dinner with a friend

Somehow at 8 pm every night I wind up being just exhausted. In a way its is kind of lovely. As I type I'm yawning.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:38 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Least you are so good to care for the stray cats! ❤️ Aly, I've been thinking about you this weekend and am thankful for you! My mine went well and the unpacking is mostly over thank goodness! I'm very happy in my little house.
Grateful for another sober weekend spent enjoying time with friends, doing house and second job stuff and taking two naps! Grateful that when I got a headache today it didn't come with a side of shame and regret since it wasn't a hangover! Grateful for Amazon same day deliveries. Grateful that Catherine Gray has another book coming out on Kindle this week...her book The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober was the first "quit lit" I read last summer and it helped me tremendously. Grateful for all of you - have a beautiful Monday.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:24 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Billie's everlasting love. She's my snuggle-buddy.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:15 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Least, thank you for that reminder about the choices we have. Sometimes I forget about those quotes below my signature. Glad you talked to your daughter
RAL, glad you decided against drinking again
Grateful to check in here
Grateful for a nice low key birthday
Grateful for how thoughtful sonny boy is
Grateful to watch the Lorax for the millionth time. It is one of my favorite movies!
Grateful to remind myself if I support my kid without too much pressure and if I make it about him and not me, he has a much better chance of succeeding in life
Grateful for a therapy appt tomorrow
Old 06-07-2021, 03:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
RAL

Grateful for the warm welcome back
Grateful work went well
Grateful my son seems ok with me now
Grateful for a second chance
Grateful to be going to bed sober
Old 06-07-2021, 03:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Grateful for the company of my young son today and watching him enjoy, with absolute pleasure on his handsome little face, a huge slice of Victoria sponge cake, sitting in our favourite café for the first time since all the lockdowns ended.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:40 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to remind myself if I support my kid without too much pressure and if I make it about him and not me, he has a much better chance of succeeding in life
This is so true. I think you're doing a wonderful job with Sonny Boy, and he sounds like quite an accomplished smart young man. I always wanted to have a boy so I could raise a sensitive man. God gave me four daughters and two of them gave me... five grandsons! God laughed at me and said, I'll give you some boys...

Grateful tonight for Billie's endless devotion. My ambition in life really is to be the person Billie thinks I am. My dad got me a ceramic paperweight that said the same thing, only not specific to Billie. He knows how much I love my critters. Grateful too, so very grateful, that he and my mom allowed and encouraged us to have pets. We grew up knowing empathy first hand.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:33 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I'm grateful
- for getting some lovely flowers for the front door planter
-finding creosote to clean the fireplace chimney
-talking with my neighbors (maybe we aren't the world's best neighborhood but we are okay)
-that I'm almost done with staining the deck

May all be well with you all.