Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 109

Old 08-10-2021, 02:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Gratitude Part 109

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-108-a-20.html (Morning Gratitude Part 108)

D
Old 08-10-2021, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my son is up extra early for his all-day workouts, without prompting or nagging.
Grateful my older son seems to be having fun at the beach.
Grateful to be working through some complex problems with some really smart people.
Grateful to recognize that not everyone needs to come on this journey with me, and that's OK.
Grateful to think of Stuart Smalley from SNL: "and that's...ok!"
Grateful to be going to the office in person today.
Grateful I can pick and choose when I go in (for now).
Grateful for a nice lunch with my parents yesterday.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grateful to be third runner up for shotgun . No, wait! Second runner up! Even less worse
Grateful I got a new iPad keyboard in the mail yesterday. The shift key is placed somewhere funky so i may be going very e e Cummings on everyone.
Grateful I made myself go to the dermatologist instead of canceling for work. Trying to put an end to putting my health and needs last and rotting away in martyrdom.
Grateful for sober sleep—and while I’m not glad we ended up working until almost midnight last night, I’m glad I had my wits about me.
Grateful I’ll be working out instead of going right into the work day — and that our in-person meeting is on Zoom. I mean, I’m not really glad but I’m sort of a piece of furniture in this 3 hour thing so I’d rather do it from home.
Grateful to be having lunch with my former deputy today. We are both recovering and healing from our time at the last job. It will be so good to see her.
Grateful for all of you. I
Old 08-10-2021, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Jack!

I am way behind due to travel to my mom's.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for safe travel to Florida.
Grateful to see my mother. But having to limit my visits to outdoors with my siblings because COVID is blowing up here in Florida. Sibs are vaccinated but some of them have roommates etc. that are not. Grrr.
Grateful that in spite of my mother's memory problems she is still in good spirits.
Grateful for a view of Tampa Bay from our Airbnb.
Grateful that the red tide has subsided here.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - Enjoy your visit. A view of the bay would be lovely.
Grateful to be going to a new 'fancy' laundromat today where I can wash oversized stuff. Could hardly sleep from the excitement.
Grateful for central AC during this heatwave.
Grateful for how resilient we are. Proud of us for getting through this pandemic without losing our sense of humor & hopefulness.
Grateful to mainly encounter nice people when I'm out & about.
Grateful for our imperfect world.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Grateful Turps,is getting out
Grateful CBS is seeing her mom
Grateful to be enjoying the warm fire. Though fire sure does bring different things to mind now. Thinking of all those affected by the fires around the world
Grateful to stop in and say hi quick. Busy week with lots of meetings and preparation. Next week also. Grateful for job security. Also grateful the busy stretch will be over in two weeks
Old 08-10-2021, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grateful that air crash investigations showed up on disney+. not the sad fact that accidents or malicious acts occurred but that there is so much smarter (i don't imply that i'm smart though) then me out there that can make sure such things doesn't happen again.
Grateful for my memory improving with each day that pass.
It would sound weird if i said this to other people who doesn't have the same problem, but just talking walks with music on and watching the skies, the trees.
Grateful for going up 2kgs on my curl exercise.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Grateful that i got friends here even though my posts might/or are self-concentrated.
Grateful for reading of all the things everyone here is grateful for here.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Vik, grateful you are here.
Grateful today for changing some of my travel plans to something that sounds like more fun.
Grateful to be doing a one-night road trip tomorrow with a friend.
Grateful for healthy food.
Grateful for a home to live in.
Grateful for sunshine this afternoon.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for the new thread. Thanks Dee

Grateful to be present and sober.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that I normally have A/C, because my car unit isn't working and it is brutal in this 100-degree weather with high humidity.
Grateful that I will have a new car soon.
Grateful I'm getting more used to big presentations.
Grateful that I'm getting gradually better at controlling my reactions to things.
Grateful for a really sweet text from my older son.
Grateful to connect with a couple of coworkers in person yesterday.
Grateful to have a solid support system.
Grateful to have good relationships with everyone in my extended family.
Grateful one of my cousins is bringing his family for a visit in a few weeks.
Grateful I have some fun new items for my office.
Grateful I can splurge on a gigantic white board if I want to. And I do want to!
Incredibly grateful to be sober.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grateful Vik is here.
Grateful I remembered a grat I forgot yesterday: this article https://herviewfromhome.com/i-was-dr...ldrens-firsts/. I think it just showed up in my FB feed. If there ever were a description of when my drinking first sunk into problem territory it is this:

“I spent all day trying to get one of them to sleep. I would clean up the Cheerios just in time to clean up more Cheerios. I changed 609 diapers a day. I couldn’t find time to take a shower or get dressed because what do you do with two babies when you need to be alone in the bathroom?
Instead of accomplishing, I waited. I waited for my husband to come home so I could “have a minute.” I waited for him to bring me wine or beer and dinner because there was no chance I was making something. I waited to relax, or rest, or shower, or change out of my pajamas, or scream at him for “not helping with the babies.”
With two babies, no job, and big plate of what is happening . . . I started drinking regularly. Somehow the boredom and mundane created chaos in my head. I was used to fast-paced work with a high level of drama. Sitting around with two non-verbal humans all day was the complete opposite of that. My anxiety was suddenly worse than ever before (which is saying a lot because I had been dealing with anxiety my entire life).”

I didn’t stay at home but the hours after work, when nothing was going right, no one was happy, people were regularly yelling, and I wasn’t enjoying my kids in spite of what felt like yeoman effort and a lot of pain and lost sleep and a mountain of good intentions and hopes…I wanted relief. Honestly, I still do. I just have to figure out somewhere to get it besides a bottle.

Grateful for friends who are close enough that when they don’t respond to texts at all or right away you still know they love you.
Grateful for going on a walk with a friend later. Yikes! Later is actually soon! Better hurry
Grateful for deep unbroken sleep.
Grateful to be getting a card in the mail for my Grandma’s birthday. She’s going through a lot right now. My Grandpa has what may be cancer in or behind his lungs but because of age they are not going to biopsy or treat (he’s 95). so now she’s grappling with where they should go and if they can get nursing help without getting bumped out of independent living.
Grateful for perspective again.
Grateful for this group.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for a husband who wants to help me with my mother's affairs because she can't handle her finances or hardly anything anymore. It is all a bit overwhelming to take on.
Grateful for my life.
Grateful for the view of Little Bayou every morning we wake up in this Airbnb.
Grateful the red tide is still very low.
Grateful my mother seems better after a stomach ailment yesterday.
Grateful my mother has a pool to entertain my granddaughter for hours. It also is a great for us to cool off in this hot humid Florida weather.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Grateful for sobriety.
Grateful for my family.
Grateful for my doggos.
Grateful for my job.
Grateful for my health.
Grateful for SR and everyone fighting along side me in the hardest battles of our lives.

And, grateful for a mixed berry parfait and coffee instead of alcohol this morning!

Old 08-11-2021, 06:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful for your post Numblady. It made me cry a little. I relate so much to that story. Drinking a glass of wine to unwind and relax at the end of the day evolved into drinking all day to self-medicate. That never worked because once the one glass of wine buzz wore off, the stress was still there, and I needed to drink another glass to keep the buzz. And the cycle just went on and on. I’m so glad I’m out of that cycle and have learned other coping mechanisms. Plus my son is much easier at this stage
Grateful to read all your grats
Grateful Mr F planted the new rose bush for me
Grateful for dinner out with a friend last night
Grateful to reflect on my actions and strive to be a better person
Old 08-11-2021, 07:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks for this new chapter monsieur Dee 👍

Grateful to be sober and clean this morning 🔅
Old 08-11-2021, 09:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Vik - I know what you mean about taking walks, appreciating what's around us. I'm glad you're here too.
m00t - Great beverage choices. No more beer for brekkie.
Numblady - Thanks for that excerpt. It helps so much to know we're not alone with such thoughts. I always insisted it was calming me down - never imagining I'd become completely dependent on it over the years.
Prayers for your grandparents.
Grateful I don't have to go out in the awful heat & humidity. Spent some time outside very early to get my Vitamin D.
Grateful to read your updates & to know your sobriety is responsible for some of the good things in your life.
Grateful to tell myself off when necessary.
Just plain old grateful!
Old 08-11-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome, m00t!
Grateful for Numblady's post as well. Details may have been different, but I too looked for that post-work glass of wine to unwind from the stresses of the day and the general unhappiness. Little did I know that I was only increasing my unhappiness. Grateful to see that now and to have slowly built better ways to unwind.
Grateful for sobriety.
Grateful for old friends and new friends.