Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 05-22-2021, 10:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 92

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-91-a-20.html (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 91)

D
Old 05-23-2021, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thanks for the new BG thread Dee, grateful!

Grateful for a day to do pretty much whatever I want so I think at least a couple hours of guitar practice would be great.
Grateful for 200 miles on the motorcycle yesterday and making it home OK, high winds all the way.
Grateful I've got event work starting up again.
Grateful for my niece and nephew, their birthdays are this week.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! Hope all is well.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grateful for the new thread, thank you Dee.
Grateful to be here posting tonight.
Grateful I am well.
Grateful for your kind words and prayers for Mandy, I really do appreciate them.
Grateful to help my daughter by looking after her kitty whilst she's on holiday.
Grateful for quite a relaxed day.
Grateful to be organised and have uniform out and shoes cleaned etc for morning.
Grateful to go and visit my mum for an hour or so.
Grateful to remember to sew a badge on g.sons karate suit for him.
Grateful for all my gots.
Grateful for all of you. xx
Old 05-23-2021, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to share my goldfish crackers with Billie. She loves them and begs so quietly and politely. I can't help but give her a few.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grateful today is winding to a close. I didn't even wake up until between noon and 1 pm. I can't remember the last time I did that. Between the grief of losing Luke, my family being completely annoying, and then I feel like I've been bullied by a couple of people on SR who worked in tandem to get me off one of their threads. He's on another thread I'm on and he's still being nasty and passive aggressive. What a jerk. I supposed on a big forum like this one, not everyone is going to espouse AA principales or even be kind and a bit "cray cray". I find it sad. I don't even know the reason for this, but it's unnerving and in my opinion repulsive. I've never been a fan of bullies. But then I am so grateful for this thread and the wonderful people here. I've just been kind of pulling it in lately and pulling away from the threads I used to post on and being very careful about posting on anything new. Very grateful for the wonderful people I call friends here. Sorry for venting, I should have put a vent warning.
I think my grief for Luke is kicking in but in kind of weird ways. People must be able to sense when you are vulnerable. Others, like my friends here and some other places, are wonderful, supportive and so kind. And I am so grateful for it. Interesting how grief can make you feel so vulnerable sometimes. So grateful for the kindness I've received from all of you, glad we all love our animals! Thank you for you all here. This is my favorite place!
Thank you Fearless and Least for your lovely messages.
Astro, glad you made it home safe and sound from your bike ride!
Daisy, so good to see you. Prayers continue for Mandy and you. All my love and healing energy to both of you.
AT and BKA, hoping the moves are moving along at a smooth pace. Moving can be really difficult. Best to both of you! 's.
Love and peace to all of you. Sleep well tonight.
Hopefully my energy will change soon. I guess we have to go through what we have to uncomfortable or not.
Old 05-23-2021, 08:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ugh Aly, it sounds like you are having some rough days. You sounded so serene and accepting of putting Luke down but of course we don't watch a fuzzy family member pass with out a lot of grief. Courage to you. I hope you can be kind to yourself at this time.

Today I'm grateful that my sisters and I got a good solid work day in on the pile of Dad and Mom's stuff in my Brother's garage. Lots of sorting, laughter and sadness also many loads to the thrift store. Some stuff clearly needs to be thrown away but other things it is difficult to know what to do with.

I'm grateful for my sibling's help and my current sense of accomplishment. Also I managed to slip over to the Apple store and the tech figured out why my phone wasn't charging; apparently there was a bit of a fuzzball in the charging port. Yeehaw and thanks be to the tech deities when there are simple fixes for computer/phone problems.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

BKA
Old 05-24-2021, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Aly, I'm so sorry that a member here treated you poorly, nobody should come to SR and be made to feel uncomfortable. This forum is here for support, not putting others down and bullying. Please remember to use the Report button and Ignore functions, I've had to do it myself and it's a huge source of relief in these situations.

Grateful that we all know we can turn to our friends for support when we're having a rough week or dealing with unkind and unthoughtful people in this world.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you, Astro. You and this thread always make me feel so much better.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) use the red and white triangle to report nasty posts. The mods need to be made aware of this.

Today I'm grateful for a nice nap with Billie and several walks we've had already.

Grateful for the friend who gave me her old laptop a year ago. (it's not that old and still works great) I'm having fun with it and have offered it to my brother to borrow if he has need of a computer.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you, I didn't know that, I think Astro was trying to explain it to me. Thanks for making it clear. I am really disapointed in these people supposed to be espousing a better way of life, treating people better and one of them has sober time off the charts, supposedly. I have dropped all the threads and any relation I may have had with these people, total hypocrites, from what I've seen of their writings. Thanks again I was almost thinking of leaving SR because of it and I remembered all my good friends here and a couple of other places.
Grateful to see my niece today and her new dog, Lennox. What a cutie. He's from the pound and kind of shy. they think he may be part pit bull and Doberman. I used to have a Doberman, but he doesn't really remind me of one though. He's for sure got Weimereiner in him and some pittie. Weimereiners are in Dobermans too and sometimes they get that fawn color of Weimereiners. He was a little doll. We had some really good dog food, treats, all kinds of stuff from Luke and my niece is on her own and broke, her wonderful parents, my idiot sister and my BIL, don't even deserve such an awesome daughter. But, so grateful I got to meet, Lennox, today, my great furry nephew. He is a sweetie and loves his mom, my niece.
Have a wonderful evening all. Love, peace and grace to all.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Aly, I had a friend who had a very sweet weimereiner.
Grateful to finally post on the bedtime thread. I’ve checked in but my eyes usually close before I post.
Gratful my side effects from the second shot aren’t as bad as some experience. I’m pretty fatigued though.
Grateful Mr F took care of things today
Grateful for a stress free work day and to shut down early
Grateful for vegetarian chili
Old 05-25-2021, 06:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that Amazon refunded me after my package was delivered somewhere else.
Grateful for the excitement we had last night of a very large raccoon on our property.
Grateful for the fresh veggies we're getting from our garden.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I just wanted to comment on the earliest gratitude I experienced in recovery, and that was about 10 days in when I began to realize that life long sobriety was within reach. My gratitude was simply about going to bed sober, but it's hard to state the magnitude of that feeling of intense joy. It was one of those rare moments that psychologists often refer to as peak experiences. For many nights running, while pulling the covers up to my chin after getting into bed, I would say out loud, "Thank you, thank you , thank you!" No one was there but me, and I would wonder who I was thanking. I didn't do this with any intention or forethought. It was just an uncontrollable need to express the intensity of my experience.

Gratitude can be just that simple. In fact, I experienced a keen sense of satisfaction when I bought my last yacht, but I never experienced as much joy from that as I did going to bed sober and knowing that this would happen every night for the rest of my life. I still feel this today, granted not to the extent that I have to shout it out to an empty room, but it's there, and it always will be.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

DriGuy, I echo your sentiment about being grateful for going to bed sober. It is wonderful to feel lucid and relieved, unburdened from anxiety that would otherwise wake me up at 4am.
Grateful that I can look in on my two children and not feel guilty. Grateful, very grateful I somehow stumbled across this forum, although I like to believe I was led here. Many Thanks, for that.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie eats whatever I give her.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Dryguy and dustyfox I know what you mean. Going to bed time is when I am most grateful to be sober, taking the time to shower and brush my teeth, finish the dishes, read an article or two. Just knowing that I (likely) have an anxiety free night ahead of me is the best feeling ever and I'm continuously grateful. I know people feel grateful to wake up sober and I do too but I'm a night owl so mornings don't exactly fill my heart with joy even sober.
Grateful to meet some of my new neighbors tonight. Grateful that there are a bunch of kids on my block who play outside my windows (and grateful they're not my responsibility! Aunt life!). Grateful that I get to go meet some of my new clients tomorrow. Grateful for my little dog Fionn. I want him to live forever.... we're very happily codependent! Grateful for all of you! Aly, we got your back! Don't leave!!! ❤️
Old 05-25-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Driguy, that is a great story. I have my own version of this although it has more to do with my codependency than alcoholism but the same intense gratitude.

My 14 year old nephew came to the mountains with me. He is beyond wonderful. Today he cleaned all the outside windows in the house and then went fishing and caught the biggest fish he had ever caught. I saw it and it really was memorable. I could also understand a bit of why fishing is so appealing to him. Finally, he cooked dinner and at one point had so much smoke pouring out of the frying pan that we had to open all the windows. He commented, "All that white smoke makes me think a new Pope has just been selected.". . . . .I'm still giggling a bit at that.

Anyhow I am so ding dang dad blasted grateful for my nephew.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I totally agree about the gratitude around going to be sober. Such an awesome feeling that never gets old. Good to see you Driguy and dusty Fox
Glad you got a refund Astro
Grateful to have lunch with two lovely coworkers
Grateful for a beautiful day
Grateful to learn about false eyelashes
Grateful sonny boy may go back to karate after summer. We are not pushing this. He is thinking about things independently
Grateful to jump on the trampoline with sonny boy
Grateful to make some homemade chocolate bars and granola.