Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 05-26-2021, 06:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful we were able to fix the satellite TV last night.
Grateful the lost package showed up at our doorstep anyway
Grateful that my daughters pet turtle is still with us and enjoys the swimming pool in the summer.
Grateful for my long walks three days a week, and I'm back to my office two days every week starting on Monday.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good evening all. I'm grateful for another lovely day with Nephew.

Today was adventures with Pressure washers. Yep that would be plural washers as the first, electrical one, kept blowing the circuits and so we had to take it back to get a gas one.

We pulled the neighboring kids into the project and all seemed to enjoy it.

Also grateful for: the cooking skills of my nephew, the dedication of the neighbor kids' Dad, seeing a high school classmate.

Sleep well all and may you awake to a lovely Thursday.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for the wildlife my wife attracts to our backyard, we have quail and hummingbirds galore.
Grateful to have some time at home this week to clean and do preventative maintenance before I "abandon" our home and work some long hours through the weekend.
Grateful for my nephew and step-granddaughter who have birthdays today.
Old 05-27-2021, 09:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Aly, I’ve been so tired at night that I missed part of your recent posts and went back to review the last several days. Im So sorry those people were nasty to you. There’s no place for that here. I agree with the others that you may want to report those posts to the admin. I also know sometimes it’s just easier to let it go and move on. You k ow we are all here to support you and be your friend. I hope you are being kind to yourself as far as Luke. It’s so hard to lose our fur kids.
Grateful for a good team meeting
Grateful o catch up with a friend
Grateful a friend is coming tomorrow to help me with my veggie and herb garden
Grateful sonny boy played with his VR while jumping on the trampoline
Grateful for having Friday off

Old 05-28-2021, 05:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am grateful and thrilled beyond words to have such a busy and active life, I no longer need alcohol to "fill me up".
Grateful that my wife likes the raccoon that is visiting our backyard, I don't find it so entertaining but she's getting a kick out of it!
Grateful that I'm sometimes very overwhelmed with all the work I have, but God says "I've got this, I'm in control, don't worry".
Grateful that Friday is the day I call and check in with my kids.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to look out the window and see a little skunk eating the cat food in the back yard. Grateful that the skunks and possums and raccoons know where there's food.

Grateful tonight for the 29th birthday of my youngest daughter. Had a nice chat with her and she said things are going very well, for which I am tickled pink. She moved far away, to Seattle from Ohio, but made a good choice in picking her new hometown. She does well there and I am happy for her.

Grateful for all my girls, their good health, their partners, and their critters/kids.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good evening all. Life is a bit wild right now after a year+ of living with my aging Dad in lockdown.

Today I'm grateful for:
- teenagers
-getting a bit of the deck stained
-a lovely stir fry for lunch

It is wonderful and weird to be one on one with my teenage nephew. I've known him all my life but he is such a different person from even a year ago. It is like having a completely different relationship with the same person. We are both a bit anxious to please each other and not inconvenience the other. He really is an amazing kid.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

So glad you are getting to do things for yourself and spend time with your nephew, Bekind
Least, Happy bday to your daughter! Glad you got to chat with her for a while
Grateful for a great day. My friend helped me plant a veggie and herb garden. It looks lovely. I can’t wait for the harvest. The side yard/zen area is also coming along nicely. So proud of the work I’m doing and for Mr F’s help
Grateful for healthy food that tastes good
Grateful for bonding with sonny boy and jumping on the trampoline together
Grateful we are going outside shortly to sit by the fire pit and watch the stars and some Elon Musk satellite thing sonny boy is talking about
Grateful memorial day weekend is here
Grateful to be invited to a bbQ Sunday
Old 05-28-2021, 09:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

BKA, sending you hugs and prayers for peace of mind and soul after a tumultuous year.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful to return to our beloved Celebrity Theatre to work a small graduation event, it was nice to get back with some of my "A team" that works so well together, to meet the new management and discuss what the future holds, and to see the place all spruced up after a year of being closed.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a long walk with Billie. Grateful for her good health. She certainly seems to be a happy dog, and making her happy and healthy is my mission in life.

Grateful for a nice email from my dad.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Grateful to work in the garden today. Finished my succulent rock garden!
Grateful to go to the theatre for the first time in two years. Saw Quiet Place 2. Super good and intense!
Grateful to get some Amazon deliveries
Grateful to be seeing friends tomorrow for a bbq
Old 05-29-2021, 10:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that the tiny bit of chocolate Billie was able to eat before I stopped her wasn't enough to make her sick.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for the movie review Fearless, I want to see that!

Grateful to be awake and feel like I have enough get up and go after just a few hours of sleep to work through another long day at the stadium.
Grateful to be trusted by my employers and supervisors.
Aaaaand grateful I'll get another break from events after today, I could use a rest!
Old 05-30-2021, 06:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie had no signs of illness last night. I stayed up late to keep an eye on her and she is just fine.
Old 05-31-2021, 05:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for lots of tools and the skills to use them, gotta install a new water heater for my stepdaughter today.
Grateful that my feet aren't hurting as bad today as they were over the weekend.
Grateful I was released from work after 10 hours yesterday, I was one tired puppy.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:36 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all of your gratitudes. Fearless I want to see pics of your garden if you feel like posting them! I've not gotten around to any yard stuff at my new house (it will be all container gardening) but all I really want is herbs and tomatoes.
So grateful to spend Saturday in NYC. It's my old home and my most favorite place in the whole world. Grateful to see an old friend and meet her baby who was born almost a year ago and shares the same name as me. She's so stinking cute.
Grateful to visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art for the first time today. I loved it and am so grateful that I can afford to be a member there.
Grateful for the delicious orange tomato I got at the market today.
Grateful to be sober all weekend long.
Grateful that I have a few things to look forward to...a trip to Denver, the delivery of my new couch....it's nice to have some treats on the horizon.
Have a beautiful week my friends in the computer!
Old 05-31-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Astro, it was even better than the first. Glad you get to rest finally
Least, you are such a great dog mom. I’m glad Billie is ok
Grateful sonny boy is so good to the cogs
grateful for a low key Memorial Day. Grateful for all those who served
Grateful to watch a fun family movie - the mitchels against the machines. Sonny boy still likes animated movies 😊
Grateful to jump back on the health wagon tomorrow.
Grateful that despite taking Friday and today off, I’m fairly caught up at work. I know I shouldn’t but I did a small amount of work this morning so I won’t be overwhelmed tomorrow
Grateful Mr F listens better than he used to
Grateful for each of you

Old 05-31-2021, 08:44 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

AT, our posts just crossed. It sounds like an amazing time and probably a little nostalgic too?
I will try to post pics some time this week. There are a few different garden areas I’m working on. I’m a little bummed because Mr F really doesn’t want to plant a Japanese Maple now because of the drought and we are already experiencing high Summer temps. Maybe Fall or next Spring. In the meantime, I’m thinking f ideas to fill in the space temporarily. I love garden art like decorative stones, walk ways and wirly gig type stuff.
Old 06-01-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

After working for my stepdaughter yesterday I parked my butt on the couch and watched the Yellowstone S3 marathon, it was good to take a load off and rest my feet, grateful for it!
Today is mandatory return to work, two days a week, and I'm grateful for that too to break up my week a little.